Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | lightinthefield's Poetry Pantry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=7][b]CURRENTLY: CLOSED![/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [center][color=FFA500][font=courier new][size=5][b]Expected reopening: eventually, I promise[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [center][item=Long Form Poetry][item=Long Form Poetry][item=Long Form Poetry][/center] Hi there! I'm lightinthefield, and I'd love to write you some poetry. This poetry can be about anything: about a particular dragon's past, looks, feelings; a poem to sum up or accompany a piece of work you already have written, or are going to write; as a part of your clan bio; or anything else you can think of! [center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=5][b]Notes[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [LIST=1] [*]I'm FR+3, but also basically nocturnal and live on an FR+12 schedule; as such, my general hours of operation are usually around 6pm/18:00 FR time to 6am/6:00 FR time from Wednesday-Saturday (give or take). If you propose an order outside of those hours and days, I may still reply quickly (the likelihood of this rises the closer we are 6pm/18:00) -- however, if I accept your order, I likely won't start working until my operating hours. I do accept orders from Sunday-Tuesday, and [i]may[/i] work on them if I find time, but I cannot promise completion until at least Wednesday [*]Please comment your form here; I will @ you back after I see it with either an approving acknowledgement of your request, denial of your request (extremely unlikely), or a request for more/clarifying information to ensure I can complete the work to the best of my ability [*]This is mostly just about me having fun, so no upfront-payment required. I trust you – I'll state your payment upon completion [*]If you do not receive your poem(s) within a week of your comment (extremely unlikely), for whatever reason, you won't have to pay even if/when I do end up writing it for you [*]I'm totally fine looking at anything offsite that is required for your poem (such as seeing art or a dragon's bio on a different site like Tumblr, DeviantArt, Toyhouse, etc.). However, please keep in mind that there are some instances where I sadly cannot (such as being on sites that require access that I currently do not have, for whatever reason); my apologies if this is the case! [*]I would be honored if you chose to put my poetry somewhere, like in a dragon's bio. I only ask that if you do, you credit me. Thanks! [*]I appreciate all forms of feedback, including – and even especially – constructive criticism. I want nothing more than to deliver work that people are happy to have ordered, and to improve my writing skills while doing so. As such, I am happy to make any edits you may want, and will listen to any opinions on the final pieces that you have [/LIST] [center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=5][b]Poem Types and Prices[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [LIST=1] [*]Ballad – 4 lines, (a) ABAB / (b) ABCB – 4kt/g [*]Free Verse – please specify a general range of how long you want it to be – each line is 500t/0.5g [indent]The reason the Free Verse's line-to-cost ratio is lower (500t/0.5g per line as opposed to 1kt/g) is because I have more freedom here, and so it is easier to write.[/indent] [*]Haiku – 3 lines, 5/7/5 – 3kt/g [*]Limerick – 5 lines, AABBA – 5kt/g [*]Sonnet – 14 lines, (a) ABBA ABBA CDE CDE / (b) ABBA ABBA CDC DCD / (c) ABAB CDCD EFEF GG – 14kt/g [*]Villanelle – 19 lines, ABA ABA ABA ABA ABA ABAA – 22kt/g [indent]The reason the Villanelle's line-to-cost ratio is higher (1.15kt/g per line as opposed to 1kt/g) is because it is longer and has specific restraints, and so it is harder to write.[/indent] [/LIST] NOTE: You [i]can[/i] expand your order for the same poem type and topic/idea! For example, if you want two Haikus that follow the same idea – so two 3-line stanzas, each with 5/7/5 – I will write you six lines for 6kt/g. Please determine whether you want these to be variants of each other (so they follow the same idea or topic, but do not connect and flow together), or if you want them to be connected (so like a longer Haiku). If you want 2+ poems but of different types (such as a Haiku and a Limerick) or of the same type but about different topics, please paste a form for each. [center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=5][b]Form[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] Please include these things for me. A clean form you can copy, paste, and fill in will be below the bullet list. [b]Please give this list at least a skim[/b], though, as it includes pertinent info! [LIST] [*]Tag me! [*]Your poem type – if you choose Free Verse, please include a rough range of line count (preferably of 2 or 5, as in "10-12 lines" or "10-15 lines"). If you only want to spend a maximum amount of t/g, [b]please be sure to include a line limit/max[/b]. I'm wordy and the poem may go long if you don't! [*]Amount – the amount of poems of this type that you want [*]Expanded (variants or connected) – if you choose a type with multiple rhyming scheme options, please include which option you'd like with the corresponding letter code; if you're expanding your order to 2+ of the same poem type for the same topic, please include whether you want them to be standalone variants of each other or a longer connected poem. If none of these variables apply, simply leave blank or write "N/A" [*]Perspective – which perspective you'd like the poem to be from/in, such as first (I) or third (he/she/they); please specify if you're alright with second-person pronouns as well, such as when talking to or involving the reader themselves (you/we) [*]What you want your poem(s) to be about – the more info, the better. If it's about a dragon, please link it and/or put a photo and include things like their name, their backstory, their personality, etc.; if it's to sum up something you've already written, please link that here somehow; if it's for your clan bio, please state what you stand for, the plans for your clan, etc. and so on [/LIST] [color=FFA500]Tag: @lightinthefield Poem type: Amount: Expanded (variants or connected): Perspective: What the poem(s) should be about:[/color] [center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=5][b]Examples[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [center][font=courier new][size=4][b]Limerick[/b][/size][/font][/center] [i]About [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=627209]my clan bio[/url][/i] Since it glitters, it’s surely gold, Bulbs of light atop pillars, behold; In search of the truth, From the old to the youth – Unearthing the treasures untold. [center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=5][b]Current Orders[/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [LIST=1] [*]Request: x | Ordered at, Accepted at: x , x | Order summary: x [/LIST] [center][color=DAA520][font=courier new][size=3][b]Pinglist - Request to Be Added![/b][/size][/font][/color][/center] [center][size=2]bonivich, Sidya[/size][/center]
CURRENTLY: CLOSED!
Expected reopening: eventually, I promise
Long Form Poetry Long Form Poetry Long Form Poetry

Hi there! I'm lightinthefield, and I'd love to write you some poetry. This poetry can be about anything: about a particular dragon's past, looks, feelings; a poem to sum up or accompany a piece of work you already have written, or are going to write; as a part of your clan bio; or anything else you can think of!

Notes
  1. I'm FR+3, but also basically nocturnal and live on an FR+12 schedule; as such, my general hours of operation are usually around 6pm/18:00 FR time to 6am/6:00 FR time from Wednesday-Saturday (give or take). If you propose an order outside of those hours and days, I may still reply quickly (the likelihood of this rises the closer we are 6pm/18:00) -- however, if I accept your order, I likely won't start working until my operating hours. I do accept orders from Sunday-Tuesday, and may work on them if I find time, but I cannot promise completion until at least Wednesday
  2. Please comment your form here; I will @ you back after I see it with either an approving acknowledgement of your request, denial of your request (extremely unlikely), or a request for more/clarifying information to ensure I can complete the work to the best of my ability
  3. This is mostly just about me having fun, so no upfront-payment required. I trust you – I'll state your payment upon completion
  4. If you do not receive your poem(s) within a week of your comment (extremely unlikely), for whatever reason, you won't have to pay even if/when I do end up writing it for you
  5. I'm totally fine looking at anything offsite that is required for your poem (such as seeing art or a dragon's bio on a different site like Tumblr, DeviantArt, Toyhouse, etc.). However, please keep in mind that there are some instances where I sadly cannot (such as being on sites that require access that I currently do not have, for whatever reason); my apologies if this is the case!
  6. I would be honored if you chose to put my poetry somewhere, like in a dragon's bio. I only ask that if you do, you credit me. Thanks!
  7. I appreciate all forms of feedback, including – and even especially – constructive criticism. I want nothing more than to deliver work that people are happy to have ordered, and to improve my writing skills while doing so. As such, I am happy to make any edits you may want, and will listen to any opinions on the final pieces that you have

Poem Types and Prices
  1. Ballad – 4 lines, (a) ABAB / (b) ABCB – 4kt/g
  2. Free Verse – please specify a general range of how long you want it to be – each line is 500t/0.5g
    The reason the Free Verse's line-to-cost ratio is lower (500t/0.5g per line as opposed to 1kt/g) is because I have more freedom here, and so it is easier to write.
  3. Haiku – 3 lines, 5/7/5 – 3kt/g
  4. Limerick – 5 lines, AABBA – 5kt/g
  5. Sonnet – 14 lines, (a) ABBA ABBA CDE CDE / (b) ABBA ABBA CDC DCD / (c) ABAB CDCD EFEF GG – 14kt/g
  6. Villanelle – 19 lines, ABA ABA ABA ABA ABA ABAA – 22kt/g
    The reason the Villanelle's line-to-cost ratio is higher (1.15kt/g per line as opposed to 1kt/g) is because it is longer and has specific restraints, and so it is harder to write.

NOTE: You can expand your order for the same poem type and topic/idea! For example, if you want two Haikus that follow the same idea – so two 3-line stanzas, each with 5/7/5 – I will write you six lines for 6kt/g. Please determine whether you want these to be variants of each other (so they follow the same idea or topic, but do not connect and flow together), or if you want them to be connected (so like a longer Haiku).
If you want 2+ poems but of different types (such as a Haiku and a Limerick) or of the same type but about different topics, please paste a form for each.

Form
Please include these things for me. A clean form you can copy, paste, and fill in will be below the bullet list. Please give this list at least a skim, though, as it includes pertinent info!
  • Tag me!
  • Your poem type – if you choose Free Verse, please include a rough range of line count (preferably of 2 or 5, as in "10-12 lines" or "10-15 lines"). If you only want to spend a maximum amount of t/g, please be sure to include a line limit/max. I'm wordy and the poem may go long if you don't!
  • Amount – the amount of poems of this type that you want
  • Expanded (variants or connected) – if you choose a type with multiple rhyming scheme options, please include which option you'd like with the corresponding letter code; if you're expanding your order to 2+ of the same poem type for the same topic, please include whether you want them to be standalone variants of each other or a longer connected poem. If none of these variables apply, simply leave blank or write "N/A"
  • Perspective – which perspective you'd like the poem to be from/in, such as first (I) or third (he/she/they); please specify if you're alright with second-person pronouns as well, such as when talking to or involving the reader themselves (you/we)
  • What you want your poem(s) to be about – the more info, the better. If it's about a dragon, please link it and/or put a photo and include things like their name, their backstory, their personality, etc.; if it's to sum up something you've already written, please link that here somehow; if it's for your clan bio, please state what you stand for, the plans for your clan, etc. and so on

Tag: @lightinthefield
Poem type:
Amount:
Expanded (variants or connected):
Perspective:
What the poem(s) should be about:

Examples
Limerick
About my clan bio

Since it glitters, it’s surely gold,
Bulbs of light atop pillars, behold;
In search of the truth,
From the old to the youth –
Unearthing the treasures untold.

Current Orders
  1. Request: x | Ordered at, Accepted at: x , x | Order summary: x

Pinglist - Request to Be Added!
bonivich, Sidya
gmtiY7w.pngrFZTOiI.png
Hi! I'm Lin! ♥ Make the most of your life, while it is rife, while it is light.
lSyxazy.pngmlHpBMC.pngqjxrAwx.pngkI850Ts.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.pngtMJCj6N.png
mjtJ868.pngTmP97bI.png
tPiM4eG.png
Poem type: Free Verse
Amount: 4-8 lines
Variants or connected: I don't care
What the poem(s) should be about: The color of crimson

Sorry I'm not giving you to much info! Just go have fun!
Poem type: Free Verse
Amount: 4-8 lines
Variants or connected: I don't care
What the poem(s) should be about: The color of crimson

Sorry I'm not giving you to much info! Just go have fun!
I Like your dragon!
@RoseOfTheWoods

Thank you so much for being my first order! I'll get started right now :)
@RoseOfTheWoods

Thank you so much for being my first order! I'll get started right now :)
gmtiY7w.pngrFZTOiI.png
mjtJ868.pngTmP97bI.png
tPiM4eG.png
@RoseOfTheWoods

I changed the payment conditions, so now you can pay upon my completion rather than beforehand. Here it is :) This would be 4kt/g. You can pick which you'd prefer.

Thank you again for this, the lack of info was actually pretty refreshing! I had lots of fun writing and I hope you enjoy.

The taste of a pomegranate,
the flash of a headache –
heartache, so bittersweet.
Sour droplets upon your tongue,
bubbles of chilled fruit punch,
sitting on the porch below the setting sun;
flushed cheeks above faded lipstick –
the way you say, “I love you.”
@RoseOfTheWoods

I changed the payment conditions, so now you can pay upon my completion rather than beforehand. Here it is :) This would be 4kt/g. You can pick which you'd prefer.

Thank you again for this, the lack of info was actually pretty refreshing! I had lots of fun writing and I hope you enjoy.

The taste of a pomegranate,
the flash of a headache –
heartache, so bittersweet.
Sour droplets upon your tongue,
bubbles of chilled fruit punch,
sitting on the porch below the setting sun;
flushed cheeks above faded lipstick –
the way you say, “I love you.”
gmtiY7w.pngrFZTOiI.png
mjtJ868.pngTmP97bI.png
tPiM4eG.png
I love poetry, and I too, enjoy writing it. I'd love a few poems if you don't mind~ ♥

Poem type: sonnet
Amount: 12-lines
Variants or connected: n.a
What the poem(s) should be about: my friend and I's rp couple! my dragon is amira and is lady of light, and clan matriarch. she is an original character so I am happy to provide more information about her if desired. and this is her rp mate/love interest nexus! he is captain of the valkyrie, and he has a bit of bio that might give you more about him, but I am also happy to provide more information about him too, since I have been rping with my friend with years~ ♥

anything with the themes of light, stars, compasses, nautical/sea themes, nature, flowers, or anything of the like (aka probably something fitting for Shakespeare's time and/or the romantic period would do lovely, if needing inspiration!)

/////

Tag: @/lightinthefield
What the poem(s) should be about: saraqael | he is my angel of judgment, and pillar of justice. his bio has a bit more about him but happy to share anything else of note!
I love poetry, and I too, enjoy writing it. I'd love a few poems if you don't mind~ ♥

What the poem(s) should be about: my friend and I's rp couple! my dragon is amira and is lady of light, and clan matriarch. she is an original character so I am happy to provide more information about her if desired. and this is her rp mate/love interest nexus! he is captain of the valkyrie, and he has a bit of bio that might give you more about him, but I am also happy to provide more information about him too, since I have been rping with my friend with years~ ♥

anything with the themes of light, stars, compasses, nautical/sea themes, nature, flowers, or anything of the like (aka probably something fitting for Shakespeare's time and/or the romantic period would do lovely, if needing inspiration!)

/////

Tag: @/lightinthefield
What the poem(s) should be about: saraqael | he is my angel of judgment, and pillar of justice. his bio has a bit more about him but happy to share anything else of note!
szeth%20pixel%20by%20tnecho.png....
b o n i v i c h » light & earth • the atheneum
"You, sent out beyond your recall, go to the limits of your longing. Embody me. Flare up like flame and make big shadows I can move in. Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror."

Can I ask if you're willing to write about a fan OC that has an off-site biography on Toyhouse that I'd like you to read beforehand?
Can I ask if you're willing to write about a fan OC that has an off-site biography on Toyhouse that I'd like you to read beforehand?
@bonivich
Thank you so much for ordering! I would love to get started on these for you.
Just for clarification, before I begin working: which rhyming scheme would you rather I do (if you have a preference)?
(a) ABBA ABBA CDE CDE
(b) ABBA ABBA CDC DCD
(c) ABAB CDCD EFEF GG
I'm going to assume (c), since you mentioned Shakespearian inspiration (and (c) is the Shakespearean sonnet form, whereas (a) and (b) are the Petrarchan forms) but I just thought I'd ask to make sure. There are other conditions for each type as well, such as the structure of the lines and the volta (area the thought turn occurs), and I want to make sure I do them correctly :)

@alexd
Yes, I would definitely be willing to take a look at your Toyhouse biography! Please, send it over in some way as well as a form if you'd like :)
@bonivich
Thank you so much for ordering! I would love to get started on these for you.
Just for clarification, before I begin working: which rhyming scheme would you rather I do (if you have a preference)?
(a) ABBA ABBA CDE CDE
(b) ABBA ABBA CDC DCD
(c) ABAB CDCD EFEF GG
I'm going to assume (c), since you mentioned Shakespearian inspiration (and (c) is the Shakespearean sonnet form, whereas (a) and (b) are the Petrarchan forms) but I just thought I'd ask to make sure. There are other conditions for each type as well, such as the structure of the lines and the volta (area the thought turn occurs), and I want to make sure I do them correctly :)

@alexd
Yes, I would definitely be willing to take a look at your Toyhouse biography! Please, send it over in some way as well as a form if you'd like :)
gmtiY7w.pngrFZTOiI.png
mjtJ868.pngTmP97bI.png
tPiM4eG.png
Do you have a TH? Unfortunately, he's set to login only just for privacy reasons and all. c:
Do you have a TH? Unfortunately, he's set to login only just for privacy reasons and all. c:
@lightinthefield Of course, I can't wait to see them both, and I'll probably be ordering more in the future, so if you have or will develop a pinglist, would love to be on it! ♥

And as for the sonnet, yes, the first one I'd adore the Shakespearian sonnet structure, and for my other dragon I am fine with whatever works for you (so perhaps b for that one, but really, any works for him). ♥
@lightinthefield Of course, I can't wait to see them both, and I'll probably be ordering more in the future, so if you have or will develop a pinglist, would love to be on it! ♥

And as for the sonnet, yes, the first one I'd adore the Shakespearian sonnet structure, and for my other dragon I am fine with whatever works for you (so perhaps b for that one, but really, any works for him). ♥
szeth%20pixel%20by%20tnecho.png....
b o n i v i c h » light & earth • the atheneum
"You, sent out beyond your recall, go to the limits of your longing. Embody me. Flare up like flame and make big shadows I can move in. Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror."

For you both: I'm just going to eat some breakfast (I just woke up haha, I'm on a nocturnal sleep schedule) and then I'll be ready to sit down and work :D

@bonivich
Wonderful! I don't have a pinglist yet because I didn't have anyone to ping haha, but I'd love to create one and add you to it! Thank you so much; I'm very excited to get working.

@alexd
I do not, as I haven't needed one yet. But I can absolutely make an account so that I can read it, if you'd like me to!
For you both: I'm just going to eat some breakfast (I just woke up haha, I'm on a nocturnal sleep schedule) and then I'll be ready to sit down and work :D

@bonivich
Wonderful! I don't have a pinglist yet because I didn't have anyone to ping haha, but I'd love to create one and add you to it! Thank you so much; I'm very excited to get working.

@alexd
I do not, as I haven't needed one yet. But I can absolutely make an account so that I can read it, if you'd like me to!
gmtiY7w.pngrFZTOiI.png
mjtJ868.pngTmP97bI.png
tPiM4eG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12