Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [LF] Quick Familiar Doodles
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@ArteXIII [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] Creatures were all delivered on time and as ordered. They are excellent companions. The only thing stopping me from giving a 5-star review is that one of them won’t stop screaming for help and I think the neighbors are starting to get alarmed. @DisastrousAbsol Is the Windsinger trying to knife that cat? Bad move, Windsinger. I’m pretty sure that skycat is more powerful than all the gods combined [s]except for the Tidelord[/s]. It looks so proud and haughty, like it’s just daring the Windsinger to make a move. @BlueQuail I’m glad you had fun! The gecko looks beautiful and innocent with those bright and wide eyes. [emoji=special eyes size=1] @empanada I still haven’t made empanadas. I was going to, today, but I accidentally made brownies instead. I feel as though the buttersnake and pansy know of my failures and are judging me for them. I welcome it. They will motivate me to do better. @Marge We do choose our icons! And there are so many more options now than when I first became a mod. I’ve been sorely tempted to change familiars (we’re allowed to ask for a new icon), but I’ve been an Iridescent Scaleback for so long that anything else would feel strange at this point. I do like to think of what I would pick if I had to change, though! Brilliant Psywurm seems like an excellent choice. I hope creating the doodles was effective in de-stressing you! Looking at them definitely de-stresses me. Especially the feathers on that Ensorcelled Volume. Thank you all! Much love. CRs are all sent. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [s]I’m sending the CRs now. Please allow until rollover for me to send them all before you start thinking I’ve forgotten you. (If you don’t have a CR by tomorrow, though, definitely poke me with a sharp stick until I cough up your money.)[/s]
@ArteXIII

Creatures were all delivered on time and as ordered. They are excellent companions. The only thing stopping me from giving a 5-star review is that one of them won’t stop screaming for help and I think the neighbors are starting to get alarmed.

@DisastrousAbsol
Is the Windsinger trying to knife that cat? Bad move, Windsinger. I’m pretty sure that skycat is more powerful than all the gods combined except for the Tidelord. It looks so proud and haughty, like it’s just daring the Windsinger to make a move.

@BlueQuail
I’m glad you had fun! The gecko looks beautiful and innocent with those bright and wide eyes.

@empanada
I still haven’t made empanadas. I was going to, today, but I accidentally made brownies instead. I feel as though the buttersnake and pansy know of my failures and are judging me for them. I welcome it. They will motivate me to do better.

@Marge
We do choose our icons! And there are so many more options now than when I first became a mod. I’ve been sorely tempted to change familiars (we’re allowed to ask for a new icon), but I’ve been an Iridescent Scaleback for so long that anything else would feel strange at this point. I do like to think of what I would pick if I had to change, though! Brilliant Psywurm seems like an excellent choice.
I hope creating the doodles was effective in de-stressing you! Looking at them definitely de-stresses me. Especially the feathers on that Ensorcelled Volume.

Thank you all! Much love. CRs are all sent.

I’m sending the CRs now. Please allow until rollover for me to send them all before you start thinking I’ve forgotten you.
(If you don’t have a CR by tomorrow, though, definitely poke me with a sharp stick until I cough up your money.)
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
Hi! Thank you for your kind words [s]and for this thread[/s]. Lol. I haven't been drawing as much lately and I'm glad I got this chance to. I'm testing out some different drawing styles/techniques... hope you enjoy some more familiars. [i](As for owlcats - I mean, I would assume there is fur somewhere, right? Feathers on the wings. Uhm, fur. Maybe like a griffin?) [/i] Do you have a favourite familiar(s)? [img]https://i.ibb.co/6B3djsV/PNG-image-57-DA2-DDC42-CC-1.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/tzYy6qH/PNG-image-64127-ADE0558-1.png[/img]
Hi! Thank you for your kind words and for this thread. Lol. I haven't been drawing as much lately and I'm glad I got this chance to. I'm testing out some different drawing styles/techniques... hope you enjoy some more familiars. (As for owlcats - I mean, I would assume there is fur somewhere, right? Feathers on the wings. Uhm, fur. Maybe like a griffin?)

Do you have a favourite familiar(s)?

PNG-image-57-DA2-DDC42-CC-1.png
PNG-image-64127-ADE0558-1.png
IMG-0395.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
She/they
FRT+3
**If I don’t respond to a ping it
probably got lost in my notifications,
please feel free to ping me again or send a PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
places this here [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/729483156159201332/757424677722521610/low_effort_fami.png[/img] This is the Barking Jester
places this here
low_effort_fami.png
This is the Barking Jester
Drawing these pranksters was strangely therapeutic... [center]ethereal trickster - summer sphinx - nightfall imp[/center] [img]https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/pyq9c3xbd42.png[/img] This guy is my fav ^^ [img]https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/84jdcvo2v4k.png[/img]
Drawing these pranksters was strangely therapeutic...
ethereal trickster - summer sphinx - nightfall imp
pyq9c3xbd42.png
This guy is my fav ^^
84jdcvo2v4k.png
o723_d01L_findingpears.pngo723_d02_findingpears.pngo723_d03_findingpears.pngo723_d04_findingpears.pngo723_d05_findingpears.pngo723_d01R_findingpears.png __
FR+19
she / her
wishlist
art shop
__
____________ ____ l4necl8jk4m.png
@Silvercats2 I like the small/innocent style you’ve drawn them in! You’ve actually drawn one of my favourites, the Golden Bantam Fangar. My profile familiar is another favourite. I also like Cloud Chasers, Bone Fiends, Enstatite Burrowers, Slumbering Charlatans, Ethereal Tricksters, Gale Wolves, most of the Gem Guardians (something about their eyes/faces is just really appealing), Masked Phantoms, and... you know, maybe I should cut off this list here before I name 50+ familiars. I like a lot of them. Most of them, probably. Do you have favourites? (Also, I’m glad you’ve had fun drawing the familiars!) @Cynderbark Thank you! This is a lovely flying Barking Jester. Apparently, they’re very energetic and playful, so I’ll have to make sure I keep this one entertained! I wonder if they’re any good at herding? Maybe it could help keep the other familiars from causing trouble. I think it might be more likely to cause its own trouble... but it’s so cute that there’s no way I could ever be cross with it. @findingpears Haha, the Ethereal Trickster looks so pleased with itself! That smug little smirk... Has it just gotten away with something or is it plotting its next trick? All three of these are definitely going to be even more trouble than the Barking Jester, but completely worth it for the fluffiness and joy. Thank you all, gems incoming. I’m sorry for the wait! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Silvercats2
I like the small/innocent style you’ve drawn them in! You’ve actually drawn one of my favourites, the Golden Bantam Fangar. My profile familiar is another favourite. I also like Cloud Chasers, Bone Fiends, Enstatite Burrowers, Slumbering Charlatans, Ethereal Tricksters, Gale Wolves, most of the Gem Guardians (something about their eyes/faces is just really appealing), Masked Phantoms, and... you know, maybe I should cut off this list here before I name 50+ familiars. I like a lot of them. Most of them, probably. Do you have favourites? (Also, I’m glad you’ve had fun drawing the familiars!)

@Cynderbark
Thank you! This is a lovely flying Barking Jester. Apparently, they’re very energetic and playful, so I’ll have to make sure I keep this one entertained! I wonder if they’re any good at herding? Maybe it could help keep the other familiars from causing trouble. I think it might be more likely to cause its own trouble... but it’s so cute that there’s no way I could ever be cross with it.

@findingpears
Haha, the Ethereal Trickster looks so pleased with itself! That smug little smirk... Has it just gotten away with something or is it plotting its next trick? All three of these are definitely going to be even more trouble than the Barking Jester, but completely worth it for the fluffiness and joy.

Thank you all, gems incoming. I’m sorry for the wait!
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Ara Thanks!
Lol, I can agree with those choices there are so many interesting familiars its hard to choose. Some that I can list off the top of my head are probably Trick of the Light, Ethereal Trickster (I also really like the wolves in general), Phoenix, the Fox Rats, Nymph, spirits... Ampelope, etc, I could go on :'D. I have a soft spot for the Slight Eyewing, it was one of the first big purchases I saved up for on FR (at least, it felt like a lot at the time. Not sure how much they are going for right now).
@Ara Thanks!
Lol, I can agree with those choices there are so many interesting familiars its hard to choose. Some that I can list off the top of my head are probably Trick of the Light, Ethereal Trickster (I also really like the wolves in general), Phoenix, the Fox Rats, Nymph, spirits... Ampelope, etc, I could go on :'D. I have a soft spot for the Slight Eyewing, it was one of the first big purchases I saved up for on FR (at least, it felt like a lot at the time. Not sure how much they are going for right now).
IMG-0395.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
She/they
FRT+3
**If I don’t respond to a ping it
probably got lost in my notifications,
please feel free to ping me again or send a PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i am back again, with more high-quality mouse doodles [img]https://i.imgur.com/u8PdGpV.png[/img] [sup][b]folded friend - maple caterpillar - deaths head stag - gale wolf - tick tock - void wyvern[/b] i apologize for the extra bad image quality lol and may i ask, what would be your second choice of a familiar icon if you couldn't choose the iridescent scaleback for some reason?[/sup]
i am back again, with more high-quality mouse doodles
u8PdGpV.png
folded friend - maple caterpillar - deaths head stag - gale wolf - tick tock - void wyvern
i apologize for the extra bad image quality lol
and may i ask, what would be your second choice of a familiar icon if you couldn't choose the iridescent scaleback for some reason?
painUntitled550-20240108171422.png
Artem @goromi
any pronouns
FR +0

*kicks down door* i have THREE today [img]https://i.imgur.com/dfaiJ6l.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WlSR1wF.jpg[/img] they r uhhh two of those gem guardians, the driftwood and the uhhhh ice one and the majestic armoured greatowl :D also how long r u gonna have these open ara? 0v0
*kicks down door* i have THREE today

dfaiJ6l.jpg
WlSR1wF.jpg

they r uhhh two of those gem guardians, the driftwood and the uhhhh ice one and the majestic armoured greatowl :D

also how long r u gonna have these open ara? 0v0
pings r always ok :)

forum games; main dragons are first two tabs or either lair or hibden
@ArteXIII A Gale Wolf, yesss! Love its pose. And the caterpillar familiars are so cute! Some of the cutest, in my opinion. [size=2]I strongly considered the Gale Wolf before I settled on Iridescent Scaleback. When I first became a moderator, gem familiars were reserved for staff (so, not volunteer moderators). I would have loved to be a Bone Fiend, but I believe retired familiars are also not allowed. The gem familiar rule relaxed later, and so many more familiars have been added, so if I’d been choosing from the pool we have now... Maybe a Masked Phantom? Ruffled Serpents have a cute face, but I prefer “fueled by malcontent” to “slow and docile” (from the familiar descriptions). [item=Iridescent Scaleback][item=Masked Phantom][item=Ruffled Serpent] What about you? What would you pick?[/size] @ThornsofaRose Ooo they are wispy and floaty and magical! And the gems are glowing, wow. Aaaa they’re great. And the owl is indeed majestic, but I’d better not get too attached in case it flies out the door that [i]someone[/i] kicked down. [size=2]Regarding how long I’ll have this thread up - I don’t know, honestly. I’d like to say I’ll keep it up as long as there’s interest, but I’ll be fairly busy starting next week. I like being able to look at the doodles closely and comment on my favorite aspects of them, and I also like trying to send bonuses along with the payment that are at least somewhat thoughtful. I may want to cut it off while it’s still fun for everyone instead of letting it become rushed and boring until it eventually dies on its own. I don’t think I’ll know until next week, though, since I don’t know how busy I’ll be. As I’ve said before, seeing these doodles really cheers me up, and I’ll probably need that even more once things get busy IRL for me! If you have any thoughts or requests, let me know.[/size] I love you both. Sending gems [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@ArteXIII
A Gale Wolf, yesss! Love its pose. And the caterpillar familiars are so cute! Some of the cutest, in my opinion.
I strongly considered the Gale Wolf before I settled on Iridescent Scaleback. When I first became a moderator, gem familiars were reserved for staff (so, not volunteer moderators). I would have loved to be a Bone Fiend, but I believe retired familiars are also not allowed. The gem familiar rule relaxed later, and so many more familiars have been added, so if I’d been choosing from the pool we have now... Maybe a Masked Phantom? Ruffled Serpents have a cute face, but I prefer “fueled by malcontent” to “slow and docile” (from the familiar descriptions).
Iridescent Scaleback Masked Phantom Ruffled Serpent
What about you? What would you pick?

@ThornsofaRose
Ooo they are wispy and floaty and magical! And the gems are glowing, wow. Aaaa they’re great. And the owl is indeed majestic, but I’d better not get too attached in case it flies out the door that someone kicked down.

Regarding how long I’ll have this thread up - I don’t know, honestly. I’d like to say I’ll keep it up as long as there’s interest, but I’ll be fairly busy starting next week. I like being able to look at the doodles closely and comment on my favorite aspects of them, and I also like trying to send bonuses along with the payment that are at least somewhat thoughtful. I may want to cut it off while it’s still fun for everyone instead of letting it become rushed and boring until it eventually dies on its own. I don’t think I’ll know until next week, though, since I don’t know how busy I’ll be. As I’ve said before, seeing these doodles really cheers me up, and I’ll probably need that even more once things get busy IRL for me! If you have any thoughts or requests, let me know.

I love you both. Sending gems
Volunteer Moderator

@Ara ooh, those are some good choices! if i had to choose a familiar icon, i'd probably choose the [gamedb item=28860] (or it's recolor, the [gamedb item=28861]), the [gamedb item=2072], or the [gamedb item=24508]! they have nice color schemes and interesting tooltips :) i'm not too sure if i'd like to be a thief that steals scrolls though lol [item=Scroll Stealer][item=Kyorinrin][item=Fluted Pukasloth][item=Ashmane Chimera]
@Ara
ooh, those are some good choices! if i had to choose a familiar icon, i'd probably choose the Scroll Stealer (or it's recolor, the Kyorinrin), the Fluted Pukasloth, or the Ashmane Chimera! they have nice color schemes and interesting tooltips :) i'm not too sure if i'd like to be a thief that steals scrolls though lol
Scroll Stealer Kyorinrin Fluted Pukasloth Ashmane Chimera
painUntitled550-20240108171422.png
Artem @goromi
any pronouns
FR +0

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14