Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | § The Art Nook § [HIATUS]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
@CheshireGata

Yay! Thanks so much for your reply! I've been reviewing some of the other commission requests found on your thread so I'm generally familiar with your range of prices, and as I believe this will count as a detailed scene I understand that will make it more expensive.

In a nutshell, this will be an illustration of a new game play mechanic I'm rolling out for my Plague subspecies. The subspecies is called "Necromancers" and the mechanic is a Necromantic Council where members of the subspecies meet to enact policy and doctrine.

For art type, it will likely be either a shaded sketch or shaded colors, whatever works best for the perspective.

I'll put together a few general references of what I have in mind and ping you again soon. Thanks again for your reply!
@CheshireGata

Yay! Thanks so much for your reply! I've been reviewing some of the other commission requests found on your thread so I'm generally familiar with your range of prices, and as I believe this will count as a detailed scene I understand that will make it more expensive.

In a nutshell, this will be an illustration of a new game play mechanic I'm rolling out for my Plague subspecies. The subspecies is called "Necromancers" and the mechanic is a Necromantic Council where members of the subspecies meet to enact policy and doctrine.

For art type, it will likely be either a shaded sketch or shaded colors, whatever works best for the perspective.

I'll put together a few general references of what I have in mind and ping you again soon. Thanks again for your reply!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@Wylla Here are the two (very rough) sketches of your two floating islands! :) The eggs are just orbs for now until I decide what “special qualities” each egg has at the end. If there’s anything you need changed, please let me know! Otherwise, I’ll ping you with my paypal and start the coloring~ [img]https://i.ibb.co/44YLWsv/F773-E180-BA98-41-CA-A9-A0-0-F5-C3-FF519-EA.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/PW06TS4/B4-A25-FC5-33-C3-4-FCA-B9-DF-FE027-DB8-C1-EC.png[/img]
@Wylla

Here are the two (very rough) sketches of your two floating islands! :) The eggs are just orbs for now until I decide what “special qualities” each egg has at the end. If there’s anything you need changed, please let me know! Otherwise, I’ll ping you with my paypal and start the coloring~
F773-E180-BA98-41-CA-A9-A0-0-F5-C3-FF519-EA.png
B4-A25-FC5-33-C3-4-FCA-B9-DF-FE027-DB8-C1-EC.png
E1440-DEA-2026-430-B-894-D-33-CBDB77-F505.gif • She/Her FR +3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
@CheshireGata

Looks awesome! :D I always imagined that it'd have to be really girthy to look ancient, but I like this better. It makes it look climbable with different levels, so people who aren't too adventurous can have a suitable foothold while more adventurous types can climb even higher. I also really like how the roots come down like little tentacles scouting the land for intruders. Maybe we can have one or two roots just come out of the side of the island to indicate they dug deep into the island's core?

The only thing that's a bit off is the size of the eggs/pods. There's supposed to be hundreds of them growing on this huge tree which has been growing and wandering for a 1000 years. From this angle and perspective, considering the size of the circles, they'd be as big as Eastern Island Heads and only a Giant would be able to pick them up. (^^") We can remedy this with say vines (this is a 1000 year old tree after all) so you won't have to make so many 'spots' all over the tree, branches and roots. The leaves would also help cover a huge portion of the eggs. (This is the main reason why I have that second commission with the egg close-up so you can see what those spots actually are). :)

As for the eggs floating around the tree, these don't really exist because the eggs/pods need to be stuck in the tree. That way any people who come by have to pluck them off the tree (thus making the egg hatch). BUT if you attach a vine connection to them, then that's totally fine as then it'll be a case of "only those with flying/floating capabilities can go and pluck these hanging pods off the tree". Again, just need to keep in mind these will be much smaller than in your picture, so there won't be as much detail (though certainly more than those on the trunk considering they're against the background).

If you need further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask me! It's late where I live now so I won't be able to respond immediately, but I'll respond as soon as possible. Also also I can only do paypal USD. That won't be a problem will it? (I completely forgot to clarify that.) (><")
@CheshireGata

Looks awesome! :D I always imagined that it'd have to be really girthy to look ancient, but I like this better. It makes it look climbable with different levels, so people who aren't too adventurous can have a suitable foothold while more adventurous types can climb even higher. I also really like how the roots come down like little tentacles scouting the land for intruders. Maybe we can have one or two roots just come out of the side of the island to indicate they dug deep into the island's core?

The only thing that's a bit off is the size of the eggs/pods. There's supposed to be hundreds of them growing on this huge tree which has been growing and wandering for a 1000 years. From this angle and perspective, considering the size of the circles, they'd be as big as Eastern Island Heads and only a Giant would be able to pick them up. (^^") We can remedy this with say vines (this is a 1000 year old tree after all) so you won't have to make so many 'spots' all over the tree, branches and roots. The leaves would also help cover a huge portion of the eggs. (This is the main reason why I have that second commission with the egg close-up so you can see what those spots actually are). :)

As for the eggs floating around the tree, these don't really exist because the eggs/pods need to be stuck in the tree. That way any people who come by have to pluck them off the tree (thus making the egg hatch). BUT if you attach a vine connection to them, then that's totally fine as then it'll be a case of "only those with flying/floating capabilities can go and pluck these hanging pods off the tree". Again, just need to keep in mind these will be much smaller than in your picture, so there won't be as much detail (though certainly more than those on the trunk considering they're against the background).

If you need further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask me! It's late where I live now so I won't be able to respond immediately, but I'll respond as soon as possible. Also also I can only do paypal USD. That won't be a problem will it? (I completely forgot to clarify that.) (><")
f3ddYmI.pngcib7xC4.png43VGxJT.png
@wylla [s]Right now it looks like it has the plaque XDD.[/s] PayPal is what I use so there’s no need to worry! ^^^ I added some roots sprouting out of the rock and some wrapping around. I may add more lol, I love drawing trees. I also added a bunch of eggs that will get fine details when they’re done. Is everything good now? :3 [img]https://i.ibb.co/d25tf9K/985-DBA8-B-34-D3-429-B-AD6-A-3-DF6004541-D2.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/kyZDyZR/18-DE5-F6-B-84-FC-4-F4-F-B9-E2-225-A8794344-F.png[/img]
@wylla

Right now it looks like it has the plaque XDD.

PayPal is what I use so there’s no need to worry! ^^^ I added some roots sprouting out of the rock and some wrapping around. I may add more lol, I love drawing trees. I also added a bunch of eggs that will get fine details when they’re done. Is everything good now? :3

985-DBA8-B-34-D3-429-B-AD6-A-3-DF6004541-D2.png
18-DE5-F6-B-84-FC-4-F4-F-B9-E2-225-A8794344-F.png
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
@CheshireGata LOL totally does! XD But it looks absolutely perfect! [emoji=coatl love size=1] I'll login to Paypal now! Edit: do you have the necessary information?
@CheshireGata
LOL totally does! XD But it looks absolutely perfect! I'll login to Paypal now!

Edit: do you have the necessary information?
@wylla

This is actually the first time I have used PayPal/did a USD commission. xd

Does this work? paypal.me/theartnook/20
@wylla

This is actually the first time I have used PayPal/did a USD commission. xd

Does this work? paypal.me/theartnook/20
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
@CheshireGata

Ninja'd I see it. and works! Paying now! Thank you!
@CheshireGata

Ninja'd I see it. and works! Paying now! Thank you!
@wylla

Payment has been received! Thank you so much, and I’ll keep you posted! :3
@wylla

Payment has been received! Thank you so much, and I’ll keep you posted! :3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
@CheshireGata Please check again. [emoji=coatl winking size=1 ]Thanks so much for taking my commission! [emoji=coatl love size=1]
@CheshireGata

Please check again. Thanks so much for taking my commission!
@CheshireGata

My apologies I had a few unexpected things come up!

So I have a mishmash of references for you that will hopefully be useful. The scene is in Plague territory so I imagine that plague aesthetic of scavenger/bone/organic will be represented, however my subspecies is meant to represent the nobility of Plague. I'm not entirely sure what the confluence of scavenger/vulture culture and wealth/quality resources looks like, but I'm open to suggestions! Maybe stylized references to bones and war gear, but done up in rich thread and fabrics? In any case this is more to suggest a general aesthetic than actual detail, as I would like to leave much of the detail up to you unless you specify otherwise.

The Council chambers itself have a layout much like the Galactic Senate from Star Wars, in that the room is relatively narrow but extremely high, and more curved than not (probably). This is to accommodate dragon anatomy, which primarily relies on flight.

Instead of seats, the council members have perches. I think inspiration could be drawn from old school aviaries or eyries. I honestly can't find any good references, but here's a deviantart piece that might provide some inspiration?

In the middle of the chamber there is a pool with liquid taken from the Wyrmwound, and out of the middle of the pool rises an elevated perch, which is where the speaker is forced to perch when presenting. Being over the fumes is supposed to encourage them to keep their speeches short, and to prove their commitment to their ideas. They also have to hold their wings in a stress position [TW for a wiki article on a torture technique] to further test their commitment and also to further encourage them to keep their speeches short. Obviously we have no idea what a stress position for a dragon's wings would be, but I can imagine a position where the wing is half-unfurled and held far out from the body, however I leave this also to your discretion.

I can imagine two potential perspectives for the scene. One could be near the surface of the Wyrmwound pool, looking up at the speaking dragon and the ascending tiers of perching dragons rising up into the darkness out of sight, maybe lit primarily by the pool. OR a perspective near the bottom of the chamber, with the sides rising up steeply like in an fish eye lens , with the speaking dragon maybe being in lower left or lower right of the frame, depending. That being said I'm open if you can think of a better perspective for a scene that is much taller than it is wide.

In terms of detail, I'm more interested in the overall scene, so if you'd like to leave the audience dragons a sketch, or just suggested, that's fine by me as long as it's clear they are dragons. I don't have any requirements for breed, however the dragons should follow the subspecies requirements when it comes to colors and genes if that's alright. The subspecies has several variants, but the two allowed in the council chambers include the Necromancers and the Necroservus, so only those two breed standards would be relevant.

As you can see this is potentially a very detailed scene with tricky perspective. Please let me know how you feel about the commission. Thank you again for your time!

Edit: I also commissioned this piece awhile back. It is a stained glass window that hangs in the council chambers. It doesn't need to be included in this commission, however I'm providing it as more aesthetic reference. They included a lot of '3' imagery in the piece because 3 is a holy number for Necromancers.

Thanks again!

@CheshireGata

My apologies I had a few unexpected things come up!

So I have a mishmash of references for you that will hopefully be useful. The scene is in Plague territory so I imagine that plague aesthetic of scavenger/bone/organic will be represented, however my subspecies is meant to represent the nobility of Plague. I'm not entirely sure what the confluence of scavenger/vulture culture and wealth/quality resources looks like, but I'm open to suggestions! Maybe stylized references to bones and war gear, but done up in rich thread and fabrics? In any case this is more to suggest a general aesthetic than actual detail, as I would like to leave much of the detail up to you unless you specify otherwise.

The Council chambers itself have a layout much like the Galactic Senate from Star Wars, in that the room is relatively narrow but extremely high, and more curved than not (probably). This is to accommodate dragon anatomy, which primarily relies on flight.

Instead of seats, the council members have perches. I think inspiration could be drawn from old school aviaries or eyries. I honestly can't find any good references, but here's a deviantart piece that might provide some inspiration?

In the middle of the chamber there is a pool with liquid taken from the Wyrmwound, and out of the middle of the pool rises an elevated perch, which is where the speaker is forced to perch when presenting. Being over the fumes is supposed to encourage them to keep their speeches short, and to prove their commitment to their ideas. They also have to hold their wings in a stress position [TW for a wiki article on a torture technique] to further test their commitment and also to further encourage them to keep their speeches short. Obviously we have no idea what a stress position for a dragon's wings would be, but I can imagine a position where the wing is half-unfurled and held far out from the body, however I leave this also to your discretion.

I can imagine two potential perspectives for the scene. One could be near the surface of the Wyrmwound pool, looking up at the speaking dragon and the ascending tiers of perching dragons rising up into the darkness out of sight, maybe lit primarily by the pool. OR a perspective near the bottom of the chamber, with the sides rising up steeply like in an fish eye lens , with the speaking dragon maybe being in lower left or lower right of the frame, depending. That being said I'm open if you can think of a better perspective for a scene that is much taller than it is wide.

In terms of detail, I'm more interested in the overall scene, so if you'd like to leave the audience dragons a sketch, or just suggested, that's fine by me as long as it's clear they are dragons. I don't have any requirements for breed, however the dragons should follow the subspecies requirements when it comes to colors and genes if that's alright. The subspecies has several variants, but the two allowed in the council chambers include the Necromancers and the Necroservus, so only those two breed standards would be relevant.

As you can see this is potentially a very detailed scene with tricky perspective. Please let me know how you feel about the commission. Thank you again for your time!

Edit: I also commissioned this piece awhile back. It is a stained glass window that hangs in the council chambers. It doesn't need to be included in this commission, however I'm providing it as more aesthetic reference. They included a lot of '3' imagery in the piece because 3 is a holy number for Necromancers.

Thanks again!

@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31