Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Sornieth's Biggest Lore Shop [T/G/USD]
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 72 73
@Hyzenthlaay
Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Apollo
Service Requested: Lore Snippet
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: He's a spunky, bold little fella, always out to get attention because he's so GOSH DARN CUTE
@Hyzenthlaay
Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Apollo
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: He's a spunky, bold little fella, always out to get attention because he's so GOSH DARN CUTE
bbbbbbbb.png16454.png sprites.png

coatlshoppe.png
@Quintillion: Here's the first part of your commission! Working on the lair review next. :)

Juice knows little beyond the world of pressed citrus and ideal loading order for blending greens. Memory proves to be a difficult concept for her, with faces, dates and simple facts similarly slipping her mind like fine sand from a sieve, or a corer through an apple - pulp in a strainer, apple juice being mixed into yogurt until neither remains, waterlogged lemon seeds dissolving into plain water with time...no, Juice has little bandwidth for the world outside her shop. A few repeat customers, usually the newer ones, take some offense to this, but if you’re willing to trade the usual paltry small-talk you’d get with another local business owner for an expertly blended drink, Juice’s shop is the place to be. In and out is the basis of her business, a blessing for the introvert and time-pressed dragon alike. This hasn’t had an ideal effect on her personal affairs, and most nights when the shop has closed for the day, she finds herself heading upstairs to where her small apartment is attached - only to be greeted by a wall of books she keeps forgetting to read, a rotting smell probably from something she meant to cook a week ago, and overwhelming silence. Juice doesn’t consider herself unsociable, but she isn’t really blessed with the graces of hobnobbing, either. And so she sits and waits for something to happen day after day, but nothing - and no one - comes to save her from the stillness.

Drinks are not a still thing. It can breathe between blades’ edges, it mixes and smooths with like substances, it transforms under the proper conditions. Juice wishes for that fluidity, and for the ability to pursue it to begin with - but oranges need to be squeezed, customers need to be pleased, and life is just too hard for one mind to grapple with outside of a handpeeler and cash register.

@Andraya: I can do all three, if you'd like. ;) But I'll start with Starfire, since she's easily my favorite of the three!

Given to shouldering the weight of her clans' concerns as their scryer, it has been through great difficult that Starfire has learned to put herself first. Her services have been unavailable to her peers for quite some time now, as has the skydancer herself - some have even presumed that she's picked up and left them. Starfire in fact still remains in her home and shop, which are one and the same, waiting for some form of stillness and peace to return to her - the kind that defined her work from its outset. All she had ever wanted to do was help dragons, but perhaps looking into their futures does the exact opposite. She is looking for a new definition of herself, and is determined to find it before letting another customer step foot into her business.

@Tidalgaze: Sure thing!

Spooksketch may be a pseudonym, but the dragon assuming it lives it to the fullest extent. His work originating in children's horror novels, with drawn accompaniments by the dragon himself, Spooksketch now seeks to unsettle dragons of every age. He reckons that nobody is too young or old to be faced with their own mortality. Mothers who have to nurse the after-affects of his work would disagree. Most recently, his work has been accepted into mainstream publishing, and now his images are working their way into well-read clans across Sornieth, starting what looks like the beginning of a lucrative career.
@Quintillion: Here's the first part of your commission! Working on the lair review next. :)

Juice knows little beyond the world of pressed citrus and ideal loading order for blending greens. Memory proves to be a difficult concept for her, with faces, dates and simple facts similarly slipping her mind like fine sand from a sieve, or a corer through an apple - pulp in a strainer, apple juice being mixed into yogurt until neither remains, waterlogged lemon seeds dissolving into plain water with time...no, Juice has little bandwidth for the world outside her shop. A few repeat customers, usually the newer ones, take some offense to this, but if you’re willing to trade the usual paltry small-talk you’d get with another local business owner for an expertly blended drink, Juice’s shop is the place to be. In and out is the basis of her business, a blessing for the introvert and time-pressed dragon alike. This hasn’t had an ideal effect on her personal affairs, and most nights when the shop has closed for the day, she finds herself heading upstairs to where her small apartment is attached - only to be greeted by a wall of books she keeps forgetting to read, a rotting smell probably from something she meant to cook a week ago, and overwhelming silence. Juice doesn’t consider herself unsociable, but she isn’t really blessed with the graces of hobnobbing, either. And so she sits and waits for something to happen day after day, but nothing - and no one - comes to save her from the stillness.

Drinks are not a still thing. It can breathe between blades’ edges, it mixes and smooths with like substances, it transforms under the proper conditions. Juice wishes for that fluidity, and for the ability to pursue it to begin with - but oranges need to be squeezed, customers need to be pleased, and life is just too hard for one mind to grapple with outside of a handpeeler and cash register.

@Andraya: I can do all three, if you'd like. ;) But I'll start with Starfire, since she's easily my favorite of the three!

Given to shouldering the weight of her clans' concerns as their scryer, it has been through great difficult that Starfire has learned to put herself first. Her services have been unavailable to her peers for quite some time now, as has the skydancer herself - some have even presumed that she's picked up and left them. Starfire in fact still remains in her home and shop, which are one and the same, waiting for some form of stillness and peace to return to her - the kind that defined her work from its outset. All she had ever wanted to do was help dragons, but perhaps looking into their futures does the exact opposite. She is looking for a new definition of herself, and is determined to find it before letting another customer step foot into her business.

@Tidalgaze: Sure thing!

Spooksketch may be a pseudonym, but the dragon assuming it lives it to the fullest extent. His work originating in children's horror novels, with drawn accompaniments by the dragon himself, Spooksketch now seeks to unsettle dragons of every age. He reckons that nobody is too young or old to be faced with their own mortality. Mothers who have to nurse the after-affects of his work would disagree. Most recently, his work has been accepted into mainstream publishing, and now his images are working their way into well-read clans across Sornieth, starting what looks like the beginning of a lucrative career.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Alidranix: Apollo lives and breathes the perfect stereotype of Veilspun society. His pranks on the world of larger dragons are well-regarded amongst his peers, and even those at their receiving end can't stay mad at him for long. His secret advantage is the small bits of light magic lacing his voice - his laugh as gentle as a windchime, it immediately calms those who hear it. Such a power would be of great use to one who knew how to abuse it - but Apollo is perfectly content getting away with small heists and jokes.
@Alidranix: Apollo lives and breathes the perfect stereotype of Veilspun society. His pranks on the world of larger dragons are well-regarded amongst his peers, and even those at their receiving end can't stay mad at him for long. His secret advantage is the small bits of light magic lacing his voice - his laugh as gentle as a windchime, it immediately calms those who hear it. Such a power would be of great use to one who knew how to abuse it - but Apollo is perfectly content getting away with small heists and jokes.
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Hyzenthlaay
Sending a CR! I love it!
@Hyzenthlaay
Sending a CR! I love it!

coatlshoppe.png
@Hyzenthlaay [quote name="Fantivity" date="2021-01-13 13:38:50" ] @/Hyzenthlaay [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65363303][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/653634/65363303_350.png[/img][/url] I’m ready to buy him And I do have one of your traveling dragons on me currently as I showed So can he have children or does his curse prevent him from properly doing so, like is his curse only triggered by his hands? I’m thinking about how to expand his lore lol. [/quote] Are u sending a cr for him or am I? As I’m not sure how much he is after the discount
@Hyzenthlaay
Fantivity wrote on 2021-01-13 13:38:50:
@/Hyzenthlaay
65363303_350.png
I’m ready to buy him
And I do have one of your traveling dragons on me currently as I showed
So can he have children or does his curse prevent him from properly doing so, like is his curse only triggered by his hands? I’m thinking about how to expand his lore lol.
Are u sending a cr for him or am I?
As I’m not sure how much he is after the discount
65423668.png 71821764.png 64806404.png Msd7ypN.png
@Fantivity: Gonna open a two-way now! And I left that part open for consideration; I'd wager that since eggs on Flight Rising are canonically created by magic intersecting between parents, there wouldn't have to be any touching involved in child creation - so yes. :)
@Fantivity: Gonna open a two-way now! And I left that part open for consideration; I'd wager that since eggs on Flight Rising are canonically created by magic intersecting between parents, there wouldn't have to be any touching involved in child creation - so yes. :)
@Hyzenthlaay
(I had to come back, I loved it!)
Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Nightfire
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Nightfire is a fiery soul, very energized and productive. He's the 'king' of the clan.

Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Honeylocust
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Nightfire's queen, with a sense of humor, and also the one to balance out Nightfire when he's getting angry.
@Hyzenthlaay
(I had to come back, I loved it!)
Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Nightfire
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Nightfire is a fiery soul, very energized and productive. He's the 'king' of the clan.

Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Honeylocust
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Nightfire's queen, with a sense of humor, and also the one to balance out Nightfire when he's getting angry.

coatlshoppe.png
@Hyzenthlaay Decided to get lore for my only two Veilspuns! Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Wrathful [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66300328][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663004/66300328_350.png[/img][/url] Service Requested: Lore Snippet Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Just a real quick bit of info about Veils in my clan; The Veils don't live in the Forgotten Kingdom itself, they live in the surrounding forest, called the Veiled Forest. Most of the Veils are waiting for war to be declared on the Forgotten Kingdom, as they were forced out due to facts about the previous queen of the Forgotten Kingdom being mixed up. They are also a lot more violent than other Veils. Now, onto info about Wrathful. Wrathful is the queen of the Veilspuns, and is the meanest and most violent of all the Veils in the Veiled Forest. She is planning on starting a war with the Forgotten Kingdom, and is planning to possibly take over the kingdom herself. Feel free to change things or add something to the lore if you'd like! Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Knox [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66045846][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/660459/66045846_350.png[/img][/url] Service Requested: Lore Snippet Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Knox is basically the polar opposite of Wrathful. He isn't royalty, he is just a citizen of the forest, but he is extremely gentle and kind, and completely willing to help anyone, even someone from the Forgotten Kingdom. Most Veils don't really like him, since he is so gentle and uninterested in fighting anyone. His parents hadn't decided to start training him at as young as other hatchlings usually are, and many say that's the reason he is so soft. Although, no one seems to want to hurt him, since he is a Multi-gaze, which are usually thought by the Veilspuns to be able to see the future. If you feel like something else should be added, feel free to do so!
@Hyzenthlaay

Decided to get lore for my only two Veilspuns!

Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Wrathful
66300328_350.png
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Just a real quick bit of info about Veils in my clan; The Veils don't live in the Forgotten Kingdom itself, they live in the surrounding forest, called the Veiled Forest. Most of the Veils are waiting for war to be declared on the Forgotten Kingdom, as they were forced out due to facts about the previous queen of the Forgotten Kingdom being mixed up. They are also a lot more violent than other Veils. Now, onto info about Wrathful. Wrathful is the queen of the Veilspuns, and is the meanest and most violent of all the Veils in the Veiled Forest. She is planning on starting a war with the Forgotten Kingdom, and is planning to possibly take over the kingdom herself. Feel free to change things or add something to the lore if you'd like!

Dragon's Name (and link to dragon): Knox
66045846_350.png
Anything I should know (word count, dragon personality, clan lore, etc.)?: Knox is basically the polar opposite of Wrathful. He isn't royalty, he is just a citizen of the forest, but he is extremely gentle and kind, and completely willing to help anyone, even someone from the Forgotten Kingdom. Most Veils don't really like him, since he is so gentle and uninterested in fighting anyone. His parents hadn't decided to start training him at as young as other hatchlings usually are, and many say that's the reason he is so soft. Although, no one seems to want to hurt him, since he is a Multi-gaze, which are usually thought by the Veilspuns to be able to see the future. If you feel like something else should be added, feel free to do so!
they_them.png
mlHpBMC.png
pyAp3dI.png
a0f1jaz.png
fDseSl9.png
2zqBVe2.png
ldIARQG.gif
irgle7Z.png
QM8NdoT.png
Ls3JHnG.png
GJVtuPg.png
FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png
This bio will be updated eventually!
Oh, thank you! Your characterization and prose are always on-point <3 Juice's melancholy situation is wonderfully at-odds with her surface-level silly name/circumstances and I love it.
Oh, thank you! Your characterization and prose are always on-point <3 Juice's melancholy situation is wonderfully at-odds with her surface-level silly name/circumstances and I love it.
JBEajtP.gif
@Hyzenthlaay
omg I love that so much!!! thank you :D
Sending payment plus a smol tip rn ^^

Could I also order a short hoard description snippet for her please?
@Hyzenthlaay
omg I love that so much!!! thank you :D
Sending payment plus a smol tip rn ^^

Could I also order a short hoard description snippet for her please?
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 72 73