Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Cryo's FR Writing Shop -- open
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@nabal

Alright. I'll get on it when I get the chance, but feel free to tell me if you figure anything out. :)
@nabal

Alright. I'll get on it when I get the chance, but feel free to tell me if you figure anything out. :)
@Spooner

Gary snorted in derision and contempt, nose pointed at an upward angle as he sent a half-lidded, cold glare down at the clamoring, clumsy little ones. Really, how DARE those bumbling half-wits have such GALL as to send him to perform such an unseemly task! He was manning the clan's trading stall in the Tangled Wood, watching over and selling the clan's hatchlings who wouldn't be staying with them. That was fine, he supposed, but for whatever reason, he had never been able to stand being around other Nocturnes. And now, grating on his every nerve, a jumble of the detestable things -- giggling away and rolling around with one another -- was right beside him.

What was he thinking, accepting this job? At least it hadn't taken long to bring everything over from the clan through the portal, and it wasn't like Ult had told him there would be Nocturnes involved. Gary sent them another glower, his face pulling into a disgusted snarl. The little things were oblivious, and patterned in pink and white. Almost all the other hatchlings had magenta somewhere on them, and though they behaved like a box of baby Hainu too, for whatever reason, they didn't bother him. It was just these ones.

He couldn't take it anymore.

"Hm? Ah, Gary. How went the sale?" asked Ultimemer as the Nocturne approached him.

"You expect anything other than complete success?" scoffed the Nocturne before dropping a large sack of treasure before the Spiral.

Gary was beginning to walk off as Ult looked over the collected funds in astonishment. "You sold them all?"

"That's right," Gary confirmed without bothering to turn around. Then, he added, "But don't give me that job again. It's better-suited for a lower life-form than me."

Gary was gone by the time Ultimemer had finished calculating the sales and comparing the amount of treasure they had gained from them. A small investigation was launched, and the results were disturbing. As it turned out, not a single Nocturne child had been sold. There were no funds acquired from their sale, nor was there any record of anyone buying them. They'd just...vanished.

Ult brought Gary in for some light questioning. Even in the face of the evidence, he insisted that he sold the Nocturnes. And after he was released, his mind turned to the truth.

"Hey. Disgusting lesser creatures."

The little Nocturnes curiously looked up at the glowering adult looming over them.

"Want to go on an adventure?"

Their little faces lit up in excitement, and a gasp later, they were cheering "Adventure! Adventure!"

"Great." Gary half-attempted to look and sound excited. He then opened up their kennel and gestured to the dark murk of the Tangled Wood. "Go exploring. Adventure is just beyond the trees. If you can make it though the woods, you'll be on your way."

The little ones cheered, then scrambled into the black mist of the Tangled Wood. Eventually, the sounds of their giggling and scurrying subsided. Gary breathed a sigh of relief. Now that he could concentrate, he'd actually be able to get a good profit on the remaining hatchlings. The children would die or get lost or whatever -- he didn't care. All that mattered was that they were gone. Gary wouldn't have to deal with them again.

So, how's this?
@Spooner

Gary snorted in derision and contempt, nose pointed at an upward angle as he sent a half-lidded, cold glare down at the clamoring, clumsy little ones. Really, how DARE those bumbling half-wits have such GALL as to send him to perform such an unseemly task! He was manning the clan's trading stall in the Tangled Wood, watching over and selling the clan's hatchlings who wouldn't be staying with them. That was fine, he supposed, but for whatever reason, he had never been able to stand being around other Nocturnes. And now, grating on his every nerve, a jumble of the detestable things -- giggling away and rolling around with one another -- was right beside him.

What was he thinking, accepting this job? At least it hadn't taken long to bring everything over from the clan through the portal, and it wasn't like Ult had told him there would be Nocturnes involved. Gary sent them another glower, his face pulling into a disgusted snarl. The little things were oblivious, and patterned in pink and white. Almost all the other hatchlings had magenta somewhere on them, and though they behaved like a box of baby Hainu too, for whatever reason, they didn't bother him. It was just these ones.

He couldn't take it anymore.

"Hm? Ah, Gary. How went the sale?" asked Ultimemer as the Nocturne approached him.

"You expect anything other than complete success?" scoffed the Nocturne before dropping a large sack of treasure before the Spiral.

Gary was beginning to walk off as Ult looked over the collected funds in astonishment. "You sold them all?"

"That's right," Gary confirmed without bothering to turn around. Then, he added, "But don't give me that job again. It's better-suited for a lower life-form than me."

Gary was gone by the time Ultimemer had finished calculating the sales and comparing the amount of treasure they had gained from them. A small investigation was launched, and the results were disturbing. As it turned out, not a single Nocturne child had been sold. There were no funds acquired from their sale, nor was there any record of anyone buying them. They'd just...vanished.

Ult brought Gary in for some light questioning. Even in the face of the evidence, he insisted that he sold the Nocturnes. And after he was released, his mind turned to the truth.

"Hey. Disgusting lesser creatures."

The little Nocturnes curiously looked up at the glowering adult looming over them.

"Want to go on an adventure?"

Their little faces lit up in excitement, and a gasp later, they were cheering "Adventure! Adventure!"

"Great." Gary half-attempted to look and sound excited. He then opened up their kennel and gestured to the dark murk of the Tangled Wood. "Go exploring. Adventure is just beyond the trees. If you can make it though the woods, you'll be on your way."

The little ones cheered, then scrambled into the black mist of the Tangled Wood. Eventually, the sounds of their giggling and scurrying subsided. Gary breathed a sigh of relief. Now that he could concentrate, he'd actually be able to get a good profit on the remaining hatchlings. The children would die or get lost or whatever -- he didn't care. All that mattered was that they were gone. Gary wouldn't have to deal with them again.

So, how's this?
@Cryoluxa - Aaaah, that looks fabulous! You totally nailed everything, yo.

How much extra do I owe ya? I'll CR it right away this time. ;)
@Cryoluxa - Aaaah, that looks fabulous! You totally nailed everything, yo.

How much extra do I owe ya? I'll CR it right away this time. ;)
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
@Spooner

I'm still figuring out the business end of this, so let me know if this sounds fair or unfair, and if unfair, then let me know why. If you think it's too low, I still won't charge you more, though, since I'll just take your feedback as compensation.

Does 20kt sound good?
@Spooner

I'm still figuring out the business end of this, so let me know if this sounds fair or unfair, and if unfair, then let me know why. If you think it's too low, I still won't charge you more, though, since I'll just take your feedback as compensation.

Does 20kt sound good?
@Malis @nabal

Hello! I just wanted to apologize for how long it's taking to complete your orders. Some stuff came up irl and lately, I've been suffering from mild writer's block. I assure you, I have not forgotten about your orders and will complete them as soon as I'm able to!
@Malis @nabal

Hello! I just wanted to apologize for how long it's taking to complete your orders. Some stuff came up irl and lately, I've been suffering from mild writer's block. I assure you, I have not forgotten about your orders and will complete them as soon as I'm able to!
@Cryoluxa
Thank you for letting me know! Take your time, I understand
@Cryoluxa
Thank you for letting me know! Take your time, I understand
tDeKDnH.pnguntitled_drawing_by_cattelle-dcy0t09.png
@Cryoluxa That is perfectly fine. RL always takes precedence!
@Cryoluxa That is perfectly fine. RL always takes precedence!
singerrunesig.png wowbox.png
tatsbox.png
firstgenr.png
Rynn.png
@Malis

Okay, so I was able to work on this a little bit, at least. I hope I did okay, as I'm not super familiar with the particulars of various forms of fashion. I did look into it a bit, at least.

Emilie's eyelids gently parted, just a slit. The distant sound of birds chirping, and the wind in the trees had softly awoken her. Steadily, her mind awoke from the dream it had been enjoying. She smiled. Then, her delicate neck languidly lifted her head, and the forest met her eyes once again. The scenery was as breathtaking as it always was. It was time for another day of enjoying its natural beauty.
@Malis

Okay, so I was able to work on this a little bit, at least. I hope I did okay, as I'm not super familiar with the particulars of various forms of fashion. I did look into it a bit, at least.

Emilie's eyelids gently parted, just a slit. The distant sound of birds chirping, and the wind in the trees had softly awoken her. Steadily, her mind awoke from the dream it had been enjoying. She smiled. Then, her delicate neck languidly lifted her head, and the forest met her eyes once again. The scenery was as breathtaking as it always was. It was time for another day of enjoying its natural beauty.
@Cryoluxa That is super pretty. You don't have to stuck with the fashion styles, it was just as a source of inspiration if you wanted to use it ^-^~
@Cryoluxa That is super pretty. You don't have to stuck with the fashion styles, it was just as a source of inspiration if you wanted to use it ^-^~
singerrunesig.png wowbox.png
tatsbox.png
firstgenr.png
Rynn.png
I am determined to get things done!

@Malis

Ariadne strode confidently down the tunnel, feeling the weight of her dangling ribbons sway with the rhythm. Subtly, she stole glances at those she passed, offering a light, mysterious smile if she caught an eye. She was a researcher here, and her intellect was unquestionably among the most accurate among those who worked in Stormspire. She also had a mischievous streak. She couldn't care a whit about romance, but she did enjoy expressing herself through fashion. Assembling a new outfit that both looked good to her taste, and expressed what she felt, was among the most satisfying, regular experiences she had, along with being the first on a project to achieve a breakthrough. Of course, watching her particularly shy colleagues react to these feats was nearly as enjoyable.

Okay, so how's that one?
I am determined to get things done!

@Malis

Ariadne strode confidently down the tunnel, feeling the weight of her dangling ribbons sway with the rhythm. Subtly, she stole glances at those she passed, offering a light, mysterious smile if she caught an eye. She was a researcher here, and her intellect was unquestionably among the most accurate among those who worked in Stormspire. She also had a mischievous streak. She couldn't care a whit about romance, but she did enjoy expressing herself through fashion. Assembling a new outfit that both looked good to her taste, and expressed what she felt, was among the most satisfying, regular experiences she had, along with being the first on a project to achieve a breakthrough. Of course, watching her particularly shy colleagues react to these feats was nearly as enjoyable.

Okay, so how's that one?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11