Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Cryo's FR Writing Shop -- open
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Yo. Welcome to my writing shop, where you ask me to write stuff and pay me and I write you stuff and get paid. Want to browse? Cool. Want to order? Go ahead. Don't like how I run things? There are plenty of other shops out there. Whatever the case, I hope you find what you're looking for.

The rules are simple.
1. I strive to be polite a respectful to others, and would appreciate the same courtesy.
2. As the writer, I have the right to refuse service/specific orders for whatever reason.
3. As the writer, I have the right to cancel an order for whatever reason. (See "Payment" for information on refunds should this occur.)
4. Any writing you buy from me is for use on this site (Flight Rising) ONLY.
5. Always credit me and link back to this shop if you receive a completed piece from me.
6. When you pick up your order, please include all italics, bolds, etc. that I include, even if you have to manually input them yourself after copying and pasting said piece. I want my ability accurately relayed when people read the piece.
7. If I edit your piece (I.e., correct typos or punctuation), please edit any copies of your piece to match it. Again, I want my ability to be accurately relayed.
8. You may format the pieces as you wish (font size, font color, etc.) so long as the piece (including all bolds, italics, etc.) remains the same. Do not rewrite my work. If you want something changed, go ahead and tell me, and I'll modify it myself (but reserve the right to deny making changes.)
9. Keep requests to in-site characters only, please (that is, the dragons of the person the piece is for.) I don't want to have to familiarize myself with other fandoms in order to write you something. I mean, you can still ask, but generally, if it's not FR, the answer will be "no."

Content
I am comfortable writing: action sequences, violence, slice of life, science fiction, light romance, fantasy, first-person prospective, third-person prospective, symbolism, mystery, poetry (various forms, but free-form is my favorite), bios, short stories, human form characters, dragon form characters, parent/child relationships, tragedy, (clean) comedy, feel-good, ominous.
I am NOT comfortable writing: swear words, excessive blood/gore (in detail), westerns, LGBTQ+, non-cis personal pronouns (they confuse me so much, especially plurals used for individuals), second-person prospective, detailed steampunk, furries, anything that goes against FR's rules.

Have a specific request but not sure if it's something I'm comfortable writing or not? Feel free to ask me. I won't bite. :) The worst that can happen is that I politely respond by saying that I'm not comfortable writing the requested content, and ask if there's anything else I can do for you instead.

Payment
- I do not accept real-world currency.
- Gems:Treasure = 1:1000
- Payment is given up front, before the writing process begins.
- If I cancel your order for any reason, I will give you a full refund.
- If you cancel your order, you may receive a refund, depending on how far along in the writing process I've gone. You still have to pay for however many paragraphs I've completed. This will be subtracted from your refund.
- I strive for excellence above word/paragraph count and will not add needless fluff or leave out key details for the sake of piece length. I'm also fair. If I write less than you paid for, I will refund you to the price of the piece's final length.

Poem/1-Paragraph Bio (1 character) - 30kt
Large Bio (3-4 paragraphs about 1 character) - 50kt
Short Story 1 (5+ paragraphs, can include multiple characters) - 100kt
(I may adjust pricing from time to time, but will honor whatever was agreed upon at the time of any given commission)

Keep in mind that more characters in a story naturally leads to longer stories.

Discounts
(They do not stack; highest discount applies)
Returning Customer: 10% off total purchase within a single transaction
Ice Flight: 10% off total purchase within a single transaction
New to FR (account 3 months old or less): 20% off total purchase within a single transaction

Order Form

Order: List your whole order.
Character(s): (Link to dragons as applicable)
Premise: Please describe what you want the story to be about.
Details: Anything from your personal lore that I need to know. (I may ask questions regardless of what's put in here.)
Discount: If a discount applies, put it here.
Payment Type: Treasure or Gems
Payment Total: (Showing your math is not required, but I will ask that you total it up yourself.)

Sample Order Form

Order: 1 Poem and 1 Short Story
Character(s): Gerbler (Poem), Blah and Bluh (Short Story)
Premise: (Poem) Gerbler is mute, but has a big heart, and she wishes that she could share how she feels with people, but feels unable to. Pick whatever style of poem you want. (Short Story) Blah wants to throw a surprise tea party party for Bluh, because it is Bluh's birthday.
Details: (Poem) Gerbler is a dragon, and is isolated in a research facility as a test subject, and so doesn't know anyone on a personal level. The institute is very sterile, and people wearing haz-mat suits come in only twice a day. (Short Story) Blah and Bluh are human, modern-day era. Bluh is very shy, and is Blah's twin brother. They are in their late teens and live in a suburban area. Bluh has a bunch of deity doll plushes, as per the FR item. These are the "guests" invited to the tea party, which Blah surprises Bluh with. The rest of the details are up to you, but Icewarden is his favorite.
Discount: Ice Flight (10%)
Payment Type: Treasure
Payment Total: 54kt (20kt+40kt = 60kt. 60kt x .1 = 6kt. 60kt - 6kt = 54kt)
(NOTE: This example was made back when my pricing was cheaper. I bumped it up because I felt like I was underselling my abilities as a writer, and instead modeled it a bit cheaper than what I see some art shops pricing their work at. I may bump it up again in the future, though, since it still feels a bit undersold.)

Slots

Pinglist
@onionbulb
@PlushKiwi

THIS IS STILL IN THE TRIAL PHASE. So, expect things to be adjusted as time goes on.
Yo. Welcome to my writing shop, where you ask me to write stuff and pay me and I write you stuff and get paid. Want to browse? Cool. Want to order? Go ahead. Don't like how I run things? There are plenty of other shops out there. Whatever the case, I hope you find what you're looking for.

The rules are simple.
1. I strive to be polite a respectful to others, and would appreciate the same courtesy.
2. As the writer, I have the right to refuse service/specific orders for whatever reason.
3. As the writer, I have the right to cancel an order for whatever reason. (See "Payment" for information on refunds should this occur.)
4. Any writing you buy from me is for use on this site (Flight Rising) ONLY.
5. Always credit me and link back to this shop if you receive a completed piece from me.
6. When you pick up your order, please include all italics, bolds, etc. that I include, even if you have to manually input them yourself after copying and pasting said piece. I want my ability accurately relayed when people read the piece.
7. If I edit your piece (I.e., correct typos or punctuation), please edit any copies of your piece to match it. Again, I want my ability to be accurately relayed.
8. You may format the pieces as you wish (font size, font color, etc.) so long as the piece (including all bolds, italics, etc.) remains the same. Do not rewrite my work. If you want something changed, go ahead and tell me, and I'll modify it myself (but reserve the right to deny making changes.)
9. Keep requests to in-site characters only, please (that is, the dragons of the person the piece is for.) I don't want to have to familiarize myself with other fandoms in order to write you something. I mean, you can still ask, but generally, if it's not FR, the answer will be "no."

Content
I am comfortable writing: action sequences, violence, slice of life, science fiction, light romance, fantasy, first-person prospective, third-person prospective, symbolism, mystery, poetry (various forms, but free-form is my favorite), bios, short stories, human form characters, dragon form characters, parent/child relationships, tragedy, (clean) comedy, feel-good, ominous.
I am NOT comfortable writing: swear words, excessive blood/gore (in detail), westerns, LGBTQ+, non-cis personal pronouns (they confuse me so much, especially plurals used for individuals), second-person prospective, detailed steampunk, furries, anything that goes against FR's rules.

Have a specific request but not sure if it's something I'm comfortable writing or not? Feel free to ask me. I won't bite. :) The worst that can happen is that I politely respond by saying that I'm not comfortable writing the requested content, and ask if there's anything else I can do for you instead.

Payment
- I do not accept real-world currency.
- Gems:Treasure = 1:1000
- Payment is given up front, before the writing process begins.
- If I cancel your order for any reason, I will give you a full refund.
- If you cancel your order, you may receive a refund, depending on how far along in the writing process I've gone. You still have to pay for however many paragraphs I've completed. This will be subtracted from your refund.
- I strive for excellence above word/paragraph count and will not add needless fluff or leave out key details for the sake of piece length. I'm also fair. If I write less than you paid for, I will refund you to the price of the piece's final length.

Poem/1-Paragraph Bio (1 character) - 30kt
Large Bio (3-4 paragraphs about 1 character) - 50kt
Short Story 1 (5+ paragraphs, can include multiple characters) - 100kt
(I may adjust pricing from time to time, but will honor whatever was agreed upon at the time of any given commission)

Keep in mind that more characters in a story naturally leads to longer stories.

Discounts
(They do not stack; highest discount applies)
Returning Customer: 10% off total purchase within a single transaction
Ice Flight: 10% off total purchase within a single transaction
New to FR (account 3 months old or less): 20% off total purchase within a single transaction

Order Form

Order: List your whole order.
Character(s): (Link to dragons as applicable)
Premise: Please describe what you want the story to be about.
Details: Anything from your personal lore that I need to know. (I may ask questions regardless of what's put in here.)
Discount: If a discount applies, put it here.
Payment Type: Treasure or Gems
Payment Total: (Showing your math is not required, but I will ask that you total it up yourself.)

Sample Order Form

Order: 1 Poem and 1 Short Story
Character(s): Gerbler (Poem), Blah and Bluh (Short Story)
Premise: (Poem) Gerbler is mute, but has a big heart, and she wishes that she could share how she feels with people, but feels unable to. Pick whatever style of poem you want. (Short Story) Blah wants to throw a surprise tea party party for Bluh, because it is Bluh's birthday.
Details: (Poem) Gerbler is a dragon, and is isolated in a research facility as a test subject, and so doesn't know anyone on a personal level. The institute is very sterile, and people wearing haz-mat suits come in only twice a day. (Short Story) Blah and Bluh are human, modern-day era. Bluh is very shy, and is Blah's twin brother. They are in their late teens and live in a suburban area. Bluh has a bunch of deity doll plushes, as per the FR item. These are the "guests" invited to the tea party, which Blah surprises Bluh with. The rest of the details are up to you, but Icewarden is his favorite.
Discount: Ice Flight (10%)
Payment Type: Treasure
Payment Total: 54kt (20kt+40kt = 60kt. 60kt x .1 = 6kt. 60kt - 6kt = 54kt)
(NOTE: This example was made back when my pricing was cheaper. I bumped it up because I felt like I was underselling my abilities as a writer, and instead modeled it a bit cheaper than what I see some art shops pricing their work at. I may bump it up again in the future, though, since it still feels a bit undersold.)

Slots

Pinglist
@onionbulb
@PlushKiwi

THIS IS STILL IN THE TRIAL PHASE. So, expect things to be adjusted as time goes on.
So, I have a friend on here called onionbulb. She was running this "you write, I draw" thing, and well, I'd written for her before and she'd drawn for me before, and it works well for us. Here's a sample of how I turned a request into a story. [quote name="onionbulb" date=2017-10-11 01:42:34] I've recently been thinking about a story regarding Dai Lin's birth mother, in a first person perspective of the Great Emperor. The Great Emperor would be momentarily thinking, lost in the bitter memory of the one whom he once loved, then lost his love for. Although Dai Lin, and every one else was told that Dai Lin's birth mother died while giving birth to her daughter, only those closest to the Emperor and knew the secrets of the Royal Family well would know that Dai Lin's mother died unjustly. She spoke out against something done unethically to something very important to her, but was put to death because of the consequences of her actions. She was in no place at all to speak out against established authority. [/quote] She added this to it later. [quote name="onionbulb" date=2017-10-11 14:19:19] I apologize in advance for the super long text, I think I just had an epiphany hahaha I would say that Dai Lin's mother (Lets say her name is Ci Huai) did it for her husband and her daughter, but Huang Di ended up misunderstanding, which led him to ultimately assist in ridding of her. So, what happened is that Huang Di's father wanted to get rid of Ci Huai, because he was against making alliances with the kingdom Ci Huai's was from. So he tricked Huang Di into thinking that Ci Huai was treasonous and not to trust. However, Ci Huai knew that the current Great Emperor (Huang Di's father) wanted to get rid of her, and because he had more power and connections than her, she knew she shouldn't try to run away, because she and the baby she was pregnant with would be killed by an assassin, and she also knew she could not talk to Huang Di because he did not trust in her either. At that point, she had the choice of either saving herself and Dai Lin, or saving Huang Di and Dai Lin, thus she chose to save her husband, the crowned Great Emperor and her child because then Dai Lin would be able to have a safer and easier life. But the whole time Huang Di had this whole doubt in his mind that Ci Huai was treasonous and dangerous. This was all during when Ci Huai was pregnant with Dai Lin, and so Huang Di's father wanted to get rid of her before she bore the child. But of course, we know he was unsuccessful in that aspect because Dai Lin is healthy and alive now, however, he was able to succeed in killing Ci Huai by poisoning her somehow. (Huang Di didn't know that his father was poisoning her and trying to kill her) Not only after Ci Huai was killed, did Huang Di find out that she was innocent, and so now his whole life, he must bear the burden of guilt, of not being able to know who was telling the truth, on top of finding out that Ci Huai died to protect both Dai Lin and Huang Di. [/quote] So, I came up with this. [quote name="Cryoluxa" date=2017-10-13 10:15:33] It had been another stressful day. All the opinions of the nobles of the court, thinking one way was better than any other here, another noting the consequences of such actions there, and all in all, no one getting anything done. Tomorrow would be much of the same before he finally had enough counsel to make a final judgement from the sound of things. At least, for now, he could relax. The Great Emperor ordered a bath drawn, and soon, he was soaking in its warm waters. He practiced controlling his steady breathing, taking in the soothing scents which wafted from the potted flowers growing here and there. It would be inefficient, after all, not to do all he could to let the strain of the day ebb away. The opportunity for such a thing rarely came. "Huang Di." The emperor started at hearing his name, looking around his steamy bathing chamber for its source. Something about it had immediately put him on edge. A moment later, and he realized what had happened. He'd been so absorbed in the relaxing environment that he'd begun to fall asleep. The voice had only been the start of a dream. It could have been nothing else. After all, the voice's owner was long dead. Something pulled him into contemplation. Instinctively, he knew which memory had begun to play in his semi-conscious mind. Now in full control of it, he allowed it to play out in his mind's eye. It was his father who had spoken as he strode towards his son. He had been the previous Great Emperor, and was as rigid as one needed to be. Back then, Huang Di, himself, had still been learning what was necessary to rule the empire -- to incite order and unity. He was an avid student, however. That, at least, was to his credit. "Father," the young Huang Di politely greeted, briefly bowing his head. "There has been a mistake," the Great Emperor informed. "We must cut all ties with the Kingdom of Lilies immediately." The news was a bit shocking. Huang Di himself had facilitated peace between their two countries, acting as envoy, representative, and ambassador. His success had been so complete, that he and the princess from the Kingdom of Lilies had even wed, and in fact, she bore his child. "I...do not understand. Father, what are you saying? What reason have we to turn against such strong allies?" "They have deceived us," he informed, turning to a window and looking out at the night sky. They were in one of the palace's hallways. "The treaties were a ploy to lower our defenses. I have received intelligence that they intend to invade." Huang Di's eyes widened in surprise. How could this be? "I am sorry. I understand that gaining their alliance was your largest diplomatic achievement yet. You will have more victories, however. This one must be dissolved for the good of the empire," Huang Di's father reasoned. There was something greater disturbing the prince, however, than diplomatic achievement. Uneasily, but remaining stately, Huang Di asked, "What of Ci Huai?" Ci Huai was Huang Di's wife. Nevertheless, his father's words were decisive and spurred by logic. "Her death will be our first answer to the Lilies' treachery." Before his son could react, he turned his head to look at him intently, and he said, "She has been their key piece in all of this, and she intends to destroy us from the inside, starting, my son, with [i]you[/i]. You are not only important to me because you are my son, but you are important to this empire because you are my heir. She intends to take your child for her own country after slaying you, and raising him to be loyal to the Lilies, but with a rightful claim to the throne of our empire. They will take over our land, resources, and people with complete legitimacy...and we will be no more." Huang Di could hardly believe it. It was such a clever scheme, and made complete, logical sense. But even as he thought about it, he had a hard time believing his wife capable of such an atrocious deception. She was very kind, and gentle. She loved him very much, and he loved her. She expressed her love at every opportunity, and that look in her eyes... Could it be a lie? How? [i]How[/i]? "I do not mean to burden you with a truth so heavy," Huang Di's father gently told his son, resting a hand on his shoulder and pulling him from his thoughts. Regret weighted his face. "But it is a truth nonetheless...and for the good of all, we [i]must[/i] address it. It is...the duty which falls on us." Huang Di found himself nodding mournfully. The hard decisions -- the ones no one wanted to address, but had to be made -- fell to the Great Emperor. It was his father's station...and his own future. He could not betray his people...even if it meant betraying those he loved the most. Time passed. Huang Di and his father kept the information about the Lilies' plot a secret, but carefully watched Ci Huai. Huang Di thought she suspected something, but she didn't act out against anyone. Perhaps that was because she knew that things were unsafe for her, and so her best tactic available at the moment was to continue her ruse. Huang Di's father had suggested killing her before she could give birth, in order to assure the country's safety. Huang Di, however, had refused. Her child was his child, and even thinking about it from a military prospective, there were advantages to keeping the child safe. The Lilies would be less eager to launch an attack against the imperial palace if the child dwelt within. That was his logic. That was his reasoning. And yet, his true reasons were a doubt that he could not shake that Ci Huai was innocent, and he hoped that in time, proof of such innocence would present itself. And even if its mother wasn't, the child was most certainly innocent. The Great Emperor respected his son's stance, and did not suggest killing the child more than the one time. And, finally, the time had come for Ci Huai to give birth. Huang Di sat on a bench outside the chamber set aside for the event, nervously strumming his interlaced fingers against the backs of his hands as he stared straight ahead, hunched over. A war was being fought, but not against the Lilies. It was against himself. This would be the day. Time had yielded nothing. He still desperately wanted to believe in Ci Huai's innocence, but his father was so sincere, and their intelligence network was thorough. He hoped for something that would appear at the last minute -- some irrefutable proof that Ci Huai was innocent. And finally, he was called into the room. Huang Di entered...and was introduced to the most beautiful, perfect, tiny, helpless being he had ever met: his new daughter. She was placed in his arms. She was so delicate. She moved about feebly, hardly able to control how far or how quickly her leg extended, or her arm swept. It made no rational sense, but Huang Di found his dignity washed away between a large grin and tearful eyes. This small girl was suddenly the most important person in the universe...and he would do anything and everything to protect her from all of life's woes and pain. It was such a powerful compulsion -- more powerful than anything he had ever experienced before. "Huang Di." And then...he heard his wife's voice...and all his happiness plummeted into despair. Becoming stoic again, and ignoring the tiny life in his arms, Huang Di commanded, "Leave us." The servants left. And the new parents were alone with their daughter. At first, Huang Di remained with his back to his wife, and both were silent. The only sound was the little girl's occasional cooing. Finally, quietly, Ci Huai asked, "Can I hold her?" Pain raked across Huang Di's heart. His agony remained caged within. Could he still go through with what he must if he saw this little girl and her mother together? Was someone waiting for her to hold the child before killing him and whisking the two back to the Kingdom of Lilies? [i]I...I must protect...my people.[/i] Even thinking that sentence was excruciating. Looking back down at his little girl, Huang Di could feel his lip quiver and his eyes water. Trembling somewhat, but doing all he could to remain stone-faced, Huang Di stiffly walked over to his wife, and carefully placed the girl in her arms. He couldn't look at them. Ci Huai cradled her daughter. "You are so beautiful," she whispered to the baby. Then, her lip quivered, and her voice tightened. Suddenly, she was quietly sobbing, cradling the child for her own comfort just as much as the infant's. Huang Di could feel her wish, it was so strong: to be her daughter's mother. To see her grow and to love her always. But her bitter tears revealed that she knew what was soon to come. Huang Di forced himself to pull out the packet of poison he had kept on his person. He poured it into Ci Huai's water and mixed it in thoroughly. Then, he offered the cup to his wife. His voice was practically muted. "Drink." Ci Huai's wet eyes pleaded with her husband, but Huang Di could not raise his eyes to meet hers. Trembling, she carefully took the cup. A small gasp from her sobbing escaped before she made one more request. "Take care of Dai Lin...[i]please[/i]..." Huang Di could no longer speak. He was too overcome with emotion. Instead, he nodded. Then, Ci Huai drank the poison. Still weak from having given birth, she did not last long. She died with Dai Lin, her daughter, resting peacefully at her side. It was recorded that Ci Huai died from the exhaustion of childbirth, and Huang Di's father assured his son that he had done the right thing. It was only much later that Huang Di found out that his father had lied to him in order to get rid of his wife. "And Dai Lin is still safe," Huang Di muttered to himself, pulling out of his memories. He slipped his eyes over to the side. Nearby was a pool of water lilies. "And she always will be." [/quote] She liked it.
So, I have a friend on here called onionbulb. She was running this "you write, I draw" thing, and well, I'd written for her before and she'd drawn for me before, and it works well for us. Here's a sample of how I turned a request into a story.
onionbulb wrote on 2017-10-11:
I've recently been thinking about a story regarding Dai Lin's birth mother, in a first person perspective of the Great Emperor.

The Great Emperor would be momentarily thinking, lost in the bitter memory of the one whom he once loved, then lost his love for.

Although Dai Lin, and every one else was told that Dai Lin's birth mother died while giving birth to her daughter, only those closest to the Emperor and knew the secrets of the Royal Family well would know that Dai Lin's mother died unjustly. She spoke out against something done unethically to something very important to her, but was put to death because of the consequences of her actions. She was in no place at all to speak out against established authority.

She added this to it later.
onionbulb wrote on 2017-10-11:
I apologize in advance for the super long text, I think I just had an epiphany hahaha

I would say that Dai Lin's mother (Lets say her name is Ci Huai) did it for her husband and her daughter, but Huang Di ended up misunderstanding, which led him to ultimately assist in ridding of her.
So, what happened is that Huang Di's father wanted to get rid of Ci Huai, because he was against making alliances with the kingdom Ci Huai's was from. So he tricked Huang Di into thinking that Ci Huai was treasonous and not to trust. However, Ci Huai knew that the current Great Emperor (Huang Di's father) wanted to get rid of her, and because he had more power and connections than her, she knew she shouldn't try to run away, because she and the baby she was pregnant with would be killed by an assassin, and she also knew she could not talk to Huang Di because he did not trust in her either. At that point, she had the choice of either saving herself and Dai Lin, or saving Huang Di and Dai Lin, thus she chose to save her husband, the crowned Great Emperor and her child because then Dai Lin would be able to have a safer and easier life. But the whole time Huang Di had this whole doubt in his mind that Ci Huai was treasonous and dangerous.

This was all during when Ci Huai was pregnant with Dai Lin, and so Huang Di's father wanted to get rid of her before she bore the child. But of course, we know he was unsuccessful in that aspect because Dai Lin is healthy and alive now, however, he was able to succeed in killing Ci Huai by poisoning her somehow. (Huang Di didn't know that his father was poisoning her and trying to kill her)

Not only after Ci Huai was killed, did Huang Di find out that she was innocent, and so now his whole life, he must bear the burden of guilt, of not being able to know who was telling the truth, on top of finding out that Ci Huai died to protect both Dai Lin and Huang Di.

So, I came up with this.
Cryoluxa wrote on 2017-10-13:
It had been another stressful day. All the opinions of the nobles of the court, thinking one way was better than any other here, another noting the consequences of such actions there, and all in all, no one getting anything done. Tomorrow would be much of the same before he finally had enough counsel to make a final judgement from the sound of things. At least, for now, he could relax.

The Great Emperor ordered a bath drawn, and soon, he was soaking in its warm waters. He practiced controlling his steady breathing, taking in the soothing scents which wafted from the potted flowers growing here and there. It would be inefficient, after all, not to do all he could to let the strain of the day ebb away. The opportunity for such a thing rarely came.

"Huang Di."

The emperor started at hearing his name, looking around his steamy bathing chamber for its source. Something about it had immediately put him on edge. A moment later, and he realized what had happened. He'd been so absorbed in the relaxing environment that he'd begun to fall asleep. The voice had only been the start of a dream. It could have been nothing else. After all, the voice's owner was long dead.

Something pulled him into contemplation. Instinctively, he knew which memory had begun to play in his semi-conscious mind. Now in full control of it, he allowed it to play out in his mind's eye.

It was his father who had spoken as he strode towards his son. He had been the previous Great Emperor, and was as rigid as one needed to be. Back then, Huang Di, himself, had still been learning what was necessary to rule the empire -- to incite order and unity. He was an avid student, however. That, at least, was to his credit.

"Father," the young Huang Di politely greeted, briefly bowing his head.

"There has been a mistake," the Great Emperor informed. "We must cut all ties with the Kingdom of Lilies immediately."

The news was a bit shocking. Huang Di himself had facilitated peace between their two countries, acting as envoy, representative, and ambassador. His success had been so complete, that he and the princess from the Kingdom of Lilies had even wed, and in fact, she bore his child. "I...do not understand. Father, what are you saying? What reason have we to turn against such strong allies?"

"They have deceived us," he informed, turning to a window and looking out at the night sky. They were in one of the palace's hallways. "The treaties were a ploy to lower our defenses. I have received intelligence that they intend to invade."

Huang Di's eyes widened in surprise. How could this be?

"I am sorry. I understand that gaining their alliance was your largest diplomatic achievement yet. You will have more victories, however. This one must be dissolved for the good of the empire," Huang Di's father reasoned.

There was something greater disturbing the prince, however, than diplomatic achievement. Uneasily, but remaining stately, Huang Di asked, "What of Ci Huai?"

Ci Huai was Huang Di's wife. Nevertheless, his father's words were decisive and spurred by logic. "Her death will be our first answer to the Lilies' treachery."

Before his son could react, he turned his head to look at him intently, and he said, "She has been their key piece in all of this, and she intends to destroy us from the inside, starting, my son, with you. You are not only important to me because you are my son, but you are important to this empire because you are my heir. She intends to take your child for her own country after slaying you, and raising him to be loyal to the Lilies, but with a rightful claim to the throne of our empire. They will take over our land, resources, and people with complete legitimacy...and we will be no more."

Huang Di could hardly believe it. It was such a clever scheme, and made complete, logical sense. But even as he thought about it, he had a hard time believing his wife capable of such an atrocious deception. She was very kind, and gentle. She loved him very much, and he loved her. She expressed her love at every opportunity, and that look in her eyes... Could it be a lie? How? How?

"I do not mean to burden you with a truth so heavy," Huang Di's father gently told his son, resting a hand on his shoulder and pulling him from his thoughts. Regret weighted his face. "But it is a truth nonetheless...and for the good of all, we must address it. It is...the duty which falls on us."

Huang Di found himself nodding mournfully. The hard decisions -- the ones no one wanted to address, but had to be made -- fell to the Great Emperor. It was his father's station...and his own future. He could not betray his people...even if it meant betraying those he loved the most.

Time passed. Huang Di and his father kept the information about the Lilies' plot a secret, but carefully watched Ci Huai. Huang Di thought she suspected something, but she didn't act out against anyone. Perhaps that was because she knew that things were unsafe for her, and so her best tactic available at the moment was to continue her ruse. Huang Di's father had suggested killing her before she could give birth, in order to assure the country's safety. Huang Di, however, had refused.

Her child was his child, and even thinking about it from a military prospective, there were advantages to keeping the child safe. The Lilies would be less eager to launch an attack against the imperial palace if the child dwelt within. That was his logic. That was his reasoning. And yet, his true reasons were a doubt that he could not shake that Ci Huai was innocent, and he hoped that in time, proof of such innocence would present itself. And even if its mother wasn't, the child was most certainly innocent. The Great Emperor respected his son's stance, and did not suggest killing the child more than the one time.

And, finally, the time had come for Ci Huai to give birth. Huang Di sat on a bench outside the chamber set aside for the event, nervously strumming his interlaced fingers against the backs of his hands as he stared straight ahead, hunched over. A war was being fought, but not against the Lilies. It was against himself.

This would be the day. Time had yielded nothing. He still desperately wanted to believe in Ci Huai's innocence, but his father was so sincere, and their intelligence network was thorough. He hoped for something that would appear at the last minute -- some irrefutable proof that Ci Huai was innocent. And finally, he was called into the room.

Huang Di entered...and was introduced to the most beautiful, perfect, tiny, helpless being he had ever met: his new daughter. She was placed in his arms. She was so delicate. She moved about feebly, hardly able to control how far or how quickly her leg extended, or her arm swept. It made no rational sense, but Huang Di found his dignity washed away between a large grin and tearful eyes. This small girl was suddenly the most important person in the universe...and he would do anything and everything to protect her from all of life's woes and pain. It was such a powerful compulsion -- more powerful than anything he had ever experienced before.

"Huang Di."

And then...he heard his wife's voice...and all his happiness plummeted into despair.

Becoming stoic again, and ignoring the tiny life in his arms, Huang Di commanded, "Leave us."

The servants left. And the new parents were alone with their daughter.

At first, Huang Di remained with his back to his wife, and both were silent. The only sound was the little girl's occasional cooing.

Finally, quietly, Ci Huai asked, "Can I hold her?"

Pain raked across Huang Di's heart. His agony remained caged within. Could he still go through with what he must if he saw this little girl and her mother together? Was someone waiting for her to hold the child before killing him and whisking the two back to the Kingdom of Lilies? I...I must protect...my people. Even thinking that sentence was excruciating.

Looking back down at his little girl, Huang Di could feel his lip quiver and his eyes water. Trembling somewhat, but doing all he could to remain stone-faced, Huang Di stiffly walked over to his wife, and carefully placed the girl in her arms. He couldn't look at them. Ci Huai cradled her daughter.

"You are so beautiful," she whispered to the baby. Then, her lip quivered, and her voice tightened. Suddenly, she was quietly sobbing, cradling the child for her own comfort just as much as the infant's. Huang Di could feel her wish, it was so strong: to be her daughter's mother. To see her grow and to love her always. But her bitter tears revealed that she knew what was soon to come.

Huang Di forced himself to pull out the packet of poison he had kept on his person. He poured it into Ci Huai's water and mixed it in thoroughly. Then, he offered the cup to his wife. His voice was practically muted. "Drink."

Ci Huai's wet eyes pleaded with her husband, but Huang Di could not raise his eyes to meet hers. Trembling, she carefully took the cup. A small gasp from her sobbing escaped before she made one more request. "Take care of Dai Lin...please..."

Huang Di could no longer speak. He was too overcome with emotion. Instead, he nodded. Then, Ci Huai drank the poison.

Still weak from having given birth, she did not last long. She died with Dai Lin, her daughter, resting peacefully at her side. It was recorded that Ci Huai died from the exhaustion of childbirth, and Huang Di's father assured his son that he had done the right thing. It was only much later that Huang Di found out that his father had lied to him in order to get rid of his wife.

"And Dai Lin is still safe," Huang Di muttered to himself, pulling out of his memories. He slipped his eyes over to the side. Nearby was a pool of water lilies. "And she always will be."

She liked it.
Lore Samples

I write all of my bios, so feel free to check any of them out if you want a bio sample.

Short Stories

These are short stories I wrote, and showcase a couple different styles. Feel free to give them a read.

- Detective DePero: A Son of Truth and Justice
- Albus' Progression
- The Tale of Jonas Leto
- Special! My entry for The Great Toenail Challenge! (Bottom of Page 1.) Was the first to successfully complete this challenge.

FR World Canon

This is some of my own takes on FR's world canon. Feel free to check them out and borrow from them.

- Eightleaf Town
- Trick Troupes
- Pack Ghosts: a Subspecies
Lore Samples

I write all of my bios, so feel free to check any of them out if you want a bio sample.

Short Stories

These are short stories I wrote, and showcase a couple different styles. Feel free to give them a read.

- Detective DePero: A Son of Truth and Justice
- Albus' Progression
- The Tale of Jonas Leto
- Special! My entry for The Great Toenail Challenge! (Bottom of Page 1.) Was the first to successfully complete this challenge.

FR World Canon

This is some of my own takes on FR's world canon. Feel free to check them out and borrow from them.

- Eightleaf Town
- Trick Troupes
- Pack Ghosts: a Subspecies
[u]Affliliates[/u] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1977150/1][img]http://i.imgur.com/vNki9zw.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2102403][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zj441o170tfoilz/254672shop_aff2b.png[/img][/url]
Affliliates
vNki9zw.png

254672shop_aff2b.png
reserved
reserved
@Cryoluxa

HHHAAAAAA
YESS

I'm so excited!!
~ Congratulations on your new shop! ~

I hope I can reserve the honor of being your first customer~ uvu
There's a whole lot of terms and conditions, but nevertheless, I'm still as hyped as ever to order from you!

Order: Short Story 1 (5-6 paragraphs)
Character(s): Dai Lin & Yu Ein
Premise: Yu Ein has always been a kind, fatherly figure to Princess Dai Lin. So when Dai Lin falls in love with Chou, the imperial clown, she somehow comes to tell Yu Ein, whom she trusts just like a parent. Yu Ein is walking about the palace, (because he's part of Emperor Huang Di's council, and he has business there) and he comes across Princess Dai Lin, who just happens to be humming about joyfully in the garden, feeding the birds. (doing the classic happy princess stuff that princesses usually do haha) Yu Ein approaches Princess Dai Lin to give his regards/greetings to her, and he asks her why she's such in happy and joyful spirits. Dai Lin just smiles to herself and giggles, as she's thinking about Chou, and Yu Ein detects that she might perhaps be in love (since he knows her as well as a father). Dai Lin tells him that she's fallen in love with the Imperial Clown, (a peasant) and she thinks lightly of it because she's just so happy. Yu Ein realizes the grave danger that that love could put both of them into, so he reprimands and gives her admonition for her thoughtlessness, but in a fatherly way(also in a somewhat respectful way, since she's the princess/royalty and he's just a council member). Dai Lin realizes how serious the consequences could be, and so she asks Yu Ein what she should do, her heart feeling desperate and anxious. Yu Ein tells her to never see him in private again, but she still cannot let go of her love for Chou. So she keeps it a secret from Yu Ein that she has promised an engagement with him already, and decides to keep that promise a secret just between Chou and her.
Details: I'm so happy that you know my clan lore well, and that's why I love receiving lore from you, since sometimes i even feel like you know my lore better than me. xD (but just as a reminder, they have theme songs on the left top corner of their bio, if you click on the musical note! :D)
Discount: 10% Ice Flight Disount
Payment Type: Gems
Payment Total: 40kt - 10% Ice Discount (I can't math to save my life orz)

Thank you so much, and again, I'm super duper excited!!

@Cryoluxa

HHHAAAAAA
YESS

I'm so excited!!
~ Congratulations on your new shop! ~

I hope I can reserve the honor of being your first customer~ uvu
There's a whole lot of terms and conditions, but nevertheless, I'm still as hyped as ever to order from you!

Order: Short Story 1 (5-6 paragraphs)
Character(s): Dai Lin & Yu Ein
Premise: Yu Ein has always been a kind, fatherly figure to Princess Dai Lin. So when Dai Lin falls in love with Chou, the imperial clown, she somehow comes to tell Yu Ein, whom she trusts just like a parent. Yu Ein is walking about the palace, (because he's part of Emperor Huang Di's council, and he has business there) and he comes across Princess Dai Lin, who just happens to be humming about joyfully in the garden, feeding the birds. (doing the classic happy princess stuff that princesses usually do haha) Yu Ein approaches Princess Dai Lin to give his regards/greetings to her, and he asks her why she's such in happy and joyful spirits. Dai Lin just smiles to herself and giggles, as she's thinking about Chou, and Yu Ein detects that she might perhaps be in love (since he knows her as well as a father). Dai Lin tells him that she's fallen in love with the Imperial Clown, (a peasant) and she thinks lightly of it because she's just so happy. Yu Ein realizes the grave danger that that love could put both of them into, so he reprimands and gives her admonition for her thoughtlessness, but in a fatherly way(also in a somewhat respectful way, since she's the princess/royalty and he's just a council member). Dai Lin realizes how serious the consequences could be, and so she asks Yu Ein what she should do, her heart feeling desperate and anxious. Yu Ein tells her to never see him in private again, but she still cannot let go of her love for Chou. So she keeps it a secret from Yu Ein that she has promised an engagement with him already, and decides to keep that promise a secret just between Chou and her.
Details: I'm so happy that you know my clan lore well, and that's why I love receiving lore from you, since sometimes i even feel like you know my lore better than me. xD (but just as a reminder, they have theme songs on the left top corner of their bio, if you click on the musical note! :D)
Discount: 10% Ice Flight Disount
Payment Type: Gems
Payment Total: 40kt - 10% Ice Discount (I can't math to save my life orz)

Thank you so much, and again, I'm super duper excited!!

89LCj77.pngvOw2pQ5.png
@Cryoluxa
Hi! I see you have a wonderful writing shop open for buniness- congrats!~ x3
If you're not busy, might I request just a small poem? It wouldn't be much, but Ive been stuck for days on thinking up of something similar to one, but I gave up and so now Im trying to find willing writers to help me out ,_,
Ill pay the full price once I fill out the form, but I was just asking to see if you were still open to comissions ;u;
@Cryoluxa
Hi! I see you have a wonderful writing shop open for buniness- congrats!~ x3
If you're not busy, might I request just a small poem? It wouldn't be much, but Ive been stuck for days on thinking up of something similar to one, but I gave up and so now Im trying to find willing writers to help me out ,_,
Ill pay the full price once I fill out the form, but I was just asking to see if you were still open to comissions ;u;
5409.png
"Do not let it win. Do not give in. Do not assimilate."

34821.png
@onionbulb

Heheh! Hi, and thank you. :) It's neat how my first customer is also someone I'm so familiar with. You get the first slot! :D (Actually, I may be jumping the gun a little bit; I'd better handle this professionally...) I haven't reviewed your order yet, because I'm tired right now, but I'll get on that as soon as I can!

@ElloLove

Hehe; neat name. :) And thank you! I'll be happy to write something up for you. Just fill out the form and you'll be all set.
@onionbulb

Heheh! Hi, and thank you. :) It's neat how my first customer is also someone I'm so familiar with. You get the first slot! :D (Actually, I may be jumping the gun a little bit; I'd better handle this professionally...) I haven't reviewed your order yet, because I'm tired right now, but I'll get on that as soon as I can!

@ElloLove

Hehe; neat name. :) And thank you! I'll be happy to write something up for you. Just fill out the form and you'll be all set.
@onionbulb

Okay, so my math isn't so great either, but I'll do my best to total it up for you this once. Next time, you can reference the formula I put into the sample order form's payment total section, if you need something to go by. :)

Okay, so, looks like your total is 46kt. Send that (or 46g) to me via PM and I'll get to work. :)
@onionbulb

Okay, so my math isn't so great either, but I'll do my best to total it up for you this once. Next time, you can reference the formula I put into the sample order form's payment total section, if you need something to go by. :)

Okay, so, looks like your total is 46kt. Send that (or 46g) to me via PM and I'll get to work. :)
@Cryoluxa
Okay!
I said treasure in the original post, but do you mind if I change it to gems? I changed it in the original post as well haha.
I’ll go send it right now through cr :)
@Cryoluxa
Okay!
I said treasure in the original post, but do you mind if I change it to gems? I changed it in the original post as well haha.
I’ll go send it right now through cr :)
89LCj77.pngvOw2pQ5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11