Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | LS&J's Lore Shop [SLOTS OPEN]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
@ivyaura

Just so you know, the price for the bio will be 250,000 treasure or about 278 gems. If you want to trade items, I go by the LAH price at the time, so just tell me once I'm done with the bio and we can work something out.

@ivyaura

Just so you know, the price for the bio will be 250,000 treasure or about 278 gems. If you want to trade items, I go by the LAH price at the time, so just tell me once I'm done with the bio and we can work something out.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
@LS299 I have the gems now :p
@LS299 I have the gems now :p
@ivyaura

I'm almost done with your lore, it should be done sometime tomorrow. The size may also exceed a medium-large a bit... is that okay with you? I can shorten it if you don't want the extra price.
@ivyaura

I'm almost done with your lore, it should be done sometime tomorrow. The size may also exceed a medium-large a bit... is that okay with you? I can shorten it if you don't want the extra price.

rsz_lore.png
@LS299 I'm okay with that! :) How much extra will it be?
@LS299 I'm okay with that! :) How much extra will it be?
@ivyaura

I'll tell you once I finish writing. Also, it's kinda.. dark. I really went out of my way to paint the whole Aftermath/Watcher thing as dark and evil and whatnot as possible...

I hope that's okay with you, the bio you have currently is kinda graphic anyways, so I figured it would be fine..
@ivyaura

I'll tell you once I finish writing. Also, it's kinda.. dark. I really went out of my way to paint the whole Aftermath/Watcher thing as dark and evil and whatnot as possible...

I hope that's okay with you, the bio you have currently is kinda graphic anyways, so I figured it would be fine..

rsz_lore.png
@Sharpclawz I finished :) The species idea is really intriguing I enjoyed writing it [quote=Lore Order]I had always felt like a loner. I was never comfortable staying with a human even though that’s what my kind is meant to do. It made me feel trapped and suffocated. I wanted to make my own choices, to live my own life without being tied down to a human. I had gone through a couple different owners in my time. I kept silent hopes about each new one, that they would feel different, but they were always the same. It was strange. Green Calcites are supposed to be for health, energy, and healing so I would always get stuck with people who were sick, either physically or emotionally. I never felt right helping them. It would make me uncomfortable and antsy. Putting others first is not something that comes naturally to me. When I got kicked out by my last owner because he had got tired of dealing with me and my reluctance to help, I realized I had gotten tired of being [i]expected[/i] to help. I was done with this life. Who cared if no other Gemyni’s lived by themselves. I had never cared about what other people did anyway. Once I had made my decision I felt like it was such an obvious thing for me to do. I was going to start my own life. How hard could it be? I had plenty of examples of how not to be from previous owners. I could finally be independent. I could make my own choices and live as the humans did. Many other Gemyni’s who knew me thought I was being outlandish. They said I would come to regret it or that I wasn’t capable. I ignored them. I had never failed at something I had wanted to do. Sure, I hadn’t done many things but so what? I couldn’t fail this. I couldn’t prove those doubtful Gemyni right, but most of all I couldn’t let myself down. [center][size=1]Lore written by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2267270]J&S Lore Shop[/url] [/center] [/quote]
@Sharpclawz

I finished :) The species idea is really intriguing I enjoyed writing it
Lore Order wrote:
I had always felt like a loner. I was never comfortable staying with a human even though that’s what my kind is meant to do. It made me feel trapped and suffocated. I wanted to make my own choices, to live my own life without being tied down to a human. I had gone through a couple different owners in my time. I kept silent hopes about each new one, that they would feel different, but they were always the same.

It was strange. Green Calcites are supposed to be for health, energy, and healing so I would always get stuck with people who were sick, either physically or emotionally. I never felt right helping them. It would make me uncomfortable and antsy. Putting others first is not something that comes naturally to me. When I got kicked out by my last owner because he had got tired of dealing with me and my reluctance to help, I realized I had gotten tired of being expected to help. I was done with this life. Who cared if no other Gemyni’s lived by themselves. I had never cared about what other people did anyway.

Once I had made my decision I felt like it was such an obvious thing for me to do. I was going to start my own life. How hard could it be? I had plenty of examples of how not to be from previous owners. I could finally be independent. I could make my own choices and live as the humans did. Many other Gemyni’s who knew me thought I was being outlandish. They said I would come to regret it or that I wasn’t capable. I ignored them. I had never failed at something I had wanted to do. Sure, I hadn’t done many things but so what? I couldn’t fail this. I couldn’t prove those doubtful Gemyni right, but most of all I couldn’t let myself down.
Lore written by J&S Lore Shop
pJngKR5.jpg
| Jade |
| She/Her |
| INTJ |
@ivyaura [quote=oh boy] Many believe that Watcher is ancient. The oldest living imperial left on the face of the planet. Watcher, older than a thousand suns and moons has lived for longer than any dragon ever should. Gifted with a long life, Watcher has enjoyed the brief moments of happiness and contentment that life offers, but is also scarred and maimed by the war, horror and tragedies that life brings on it’s black and white wings. Watcher has watched family and friends live and die, seen the world through everyone’s eyes but his own. Watcher’s life began in the Sunbeam Ruins, back when it was still a glistening and golden city, the epitome of the world’s glory and light. But like all things, it too came to an end. A terrible war, battles between the elements, one such battle found it’s way to the Sunbeam, at the very moment that Watcher’s nest hatched. Protecting his nest and mate, Watcher’s father valiantly fought off any intruders, driving them from his home and family. But as fate would have it, Watcher’s father was grievously wounded in the battle, and soon succumbed to his injuries before seeing his children for the first time. At the loss of Watcher’s father, his mother became despondent and silent, unable to speak from the grief of losing her mate to the clutches of war. From the sadness and loneliness in her heart, Watcher’s mother pledged herself to the Lightweaver in an attempt to avenge her mate and children. Thus Watcher’s family began a cruel journey across the Scarred Wasteland to join with the remainder of the Lightweaver’s forces. For many blistering days and freezing nights Watcher’s family roamed the wastes, hoping to reach the other side. A futile hope. Within weeks Watcher realized that their quest was doomed from the beginning. The wastelands were much larger than expected, and filled with enemy dragons. Soon Watcher’s siblings began to die, from starvation, thirst, wounds, infection, everything. Soon even Watcher’s mother, the bravest warrior in the Sunbeam died too, leaving Watcher alone in the world. By some miracle Watcher managed to escape the grasp of the Scarred Wastelands, only to fall into the talons of a much worse danger. A dragon named after the fallout of wars and battles, Aftermath. A dangerous and smooth warrior, Aftermath saw the potential in Watcher’s desperate and confused state. Watcher was offered a home, food, warmth, only for the simple cost of his loyalty. Watcher easily accepted. Slowly Aftermath began to manipulate Watcher, influencing him into seeing the world only as an imperfect and horrid place, a dangerous and dark space that had claimed his entire family. Watcher was transformed into Aftermath’s personal assassin, secret from even Aftermath’s own armies, when Watcher was sent out to kill, nobody was left alive. Friend or foe, all died under Watcher’s talons. Aftermath’s influenced seeped into the very life of Watcher, he forgot his family, his past, the only thing he knew was to kill. Aftermath personally trained Watcher in many arts of the plague, tied his own life to Watcher’s. But the price of such a prized monstrosity came at a cost. A cost for Watcher. For every kill, every dragon, every hatchling, every village killed entirely by Watcher, he grew deformed and horrifying. Watcher became an abomination in every way, in his body, his mind, his life. Watcher’s once magnificent and strong wings tore and shredded, destroyed from years of fighting. Strange growths sprouted from Watcher’s skin, bone and flesh seemed to boil and melt as protrusions rose from Watcher’s skin. His teeth became so long and sharp they did not even fit in his mouth, leaving a deep hole where it embedded itself in Watcher’s gums, causing Watcher to literally leak blood from his mouth. One year, Watcher was tasked with destroying a village, suspected of supplying the enemy with shelter and food. Watcher approached the village and killed every dragon inside. The townhouse, schools, dens, everyone was slaughtered. As Watcher prepared to leave, a faint crying was carried with the wind. Coming from a nearby clove of brush and tree, Watcher tore down everything to reveal a small nest, in which was a single pastel white dragon. It was so helpless and pitiful Watcher thought. Faintly he remember killing two dragons that could have been this hatchling’s parents. Watcher frowned. He was not supposed to think such ways. Watcher brought a talon to the hatchling’s neck, next to the life giving artery when a cry came from behind him. The dragon he thought he’d killed was alive, crawling towards him. The crumpled and mangled clump of flesh and bone behind him cried out, pleading for Watcher to spare the hatchling. Watcher hesitated. What was happening to him? He shook out the feeling, punishing himself for even thinking of remorse. The dragon continued to plead for mercy for her child, but there was no mercy that day. Watcher left the village, leaving a dead hatchling and the crushed skull of the dragon that had thrown Watcher’s entire life into question. Upon returning to his Aftermath, Watcher reported his success and was given a fortnight to rest before he was to move onto another target. Watcher believed that the moment at the village was a temporary blip in his persona, an anomaly. But as he twisted and turned in his cave, his mind was filled with horrors. The feeling of his claw sliding against the hatchling’s throat, leaving a sickly dark red smile behind. The sound of the mother’s scream of despair as her only child was murdered in front of her. The grisly sound of a skull cracking underfoot. Watcher began to question his life, how be came to care so little while other dragons would give up their own life for another dragon they did not even know. When Aftermath came to retrieve Watcher, Watcher croaked out the question to him. It sounded strange, to question who had been his only ally and supporter throughout his entire life. Until now. Aftermath turned on Watcher, a mix of anger and fear in his eyes. Aftermath dismissed Watcher’s question, but Watcher pressed on. Aftermath yelled back at him, reminding Watcher that he was nothing, nothing but a monstrosity that would be best if controlled by Aftermath himself. Watcher snapped. Watcher never remembered what happened next, either that or he did not want to remember what he did to Aftermath that day. After that day Aftermath’s army became no more, the world was free of Aftermath. But Watcher wasn’t. The magic and curses placed on him by Aftermath took their toll after Watcher killed him, left Watcher more maimed and grisly than before. An embittered and vengeful Watcher stormed from the camp that day. Though his body was virtually no more than a mangle of limb and bone, Watcher’s mind was free from Aftermath, free to roam the world and rediscover what life had to offer. No dragon tried to stop him, no dragon dared after seeing Aftermath’s corpse, left in the middle of the camp after Watcher was done. Since then Watcher has found peace in himself, retired to a life of peace and nonviolence, the memory of the atrocities and horrors he had committed enough to pacify even the most dangerous and bloodthirsty of dragons, which is had. A clan in the glades, surrounded by peace and kindness. Nobody knew of Watcher’s past, if they knew they would never see him the same again. But nevertheless, Watcher was content with his sleepy life, knowing that his past will not haunt him anymore. [center][size=1]Lore written by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2267270]J&S Lore Shop[/url] [/center] [/quote] It's really dark... oh boy Anyways, the word count reached into the "Large" size, so the price would rise to 400,000t. Since you wanted a medium large and not a large, I'll lower the price to 375,000t. Fair? You can PM me details on how you'd like to pay. Hope you enjoy the bio!
@ivyaura
oh boy wrote:
Many believe that Watcher is ancient. The oldest living imperial left on the face of the planet. Watcher, older than a thousand suns and moons has lived for longer than any dragon ever should. Gifted with a long life, Watcher has enjoyed the brief moments of happiness and contentment that life offers, but is also scarred and maimed by the war, horror and tragedies that life brings on it’s black and white wings. Watcher has watched family and friends live and die, seen the world through everyone’s eyes but his own.

Watcher’s life began in the Sunbeam Ruins, back when it was still a glistening and golden city, the epitome of the world’s glory and light. But like all things, it too came to an end. A terrible war, battles between the elements, one such battle found it’s way to the Sunbeam, at the very moment that Watcher’s nest hatched. Protecting his nest and mate, Watcher’s father valiantly fought off any intruders, driving them from his home and family. But as fate would have it, Watcher’s father was grievously wounded in the battle, and soon succumbed to his injuries before seeing his children for the first time.

At the loss of Watcher’s father, his mother became despondent and silent, unable to speak from the grief of losing her mate to the clutches of war. From the sadness and loneliness in her heart, Watcher’s mother pledged herself to the Lightweaver in an attempt to avenge her mate and children. Thus Watcher’s family began a cruel journey across the Scarred Wasteland to join with the remainder of the Lightweaver’s forces. For many blistering days and freezing nights Watcher’s family roamed the wastes, hoping to reach the other side. A futile hope. Within weeks Watcher realized that their quest was doomed from the beginning. The wastelands were much larger than expected, and filled with enemy dragons. Soon Watcher’s siblings began to die, from starvation, thirst, wounds, infection, everything. Soon even Watcher’s mother, the bravest warrior in the Sunbeam died too, leaving Watcher alone in the world.

By some miracle Watcher managed to escape the grasp of the Scarred Wastelands, only to fall into the talons of a much worse danger. A dragon named after the fallout of wars and battles, Aftermath. A dangerous and smooth warrior, Aftermath saw the potential in Watcher’s desperate and confused state. Watcher was offered a home, food, warmth, only for the simple cost of his loyalty. Watcher easily accepted. Slowly Aftermath began to manipulate Watcher, influencing him into seeing the world only as an imperfect and horrid place, a dangerous and dark space that had claimed his entire family.

Watcher was transformed into Aftermath’s personal assassin, secret from even Aftermath’s own armies, when Watcher was sent out to kill, nobody was left alive. Friend or foe, all died under Watcher’s talons. Aftermath’s influenced seeped into the very life of Watcher, he forgot his family, his past, the only thing he knew was to kill. Aftermath personally trained Watcher in many arts of the plague, tied his own life to Watcher’s. But the price of such a prized monstrosity came at a cost. A cost for Watcher.

For every kill, every dragon, every hatchling, every village killed entirely by Watcher, he grew deformed and horrifying. Watcher became an abomination in every way, in his body, his mind, his life. Watcher’s once magnificent and strong wings tore and shredded, destroyed from years of fighting. Strange growths sprouted from Watcher’s skin, bone and flesh seemed to boil and melt as protrusions rose from Watcher’s skin. His teeth became so long and sharp they did not even fit in his mouth, leaving a deep hole where it embedded itself in Watcher’s gums, causing Watcher to literally leak blood from his mouth.

One year, Watcher was tasked with destroying a village, suspected of supplying the enemy with shelter and food. Watcher approached the village and killed every dragon inside. The townhouse, schools, dens, everyone was slaughtered. As Watcher prepared to leave, a faint crying was carried with the wind. Coming from a nearby clove of brush and tree, Watcher tore down everything to reveal a small nest, in which was a single pastel white dragon. It was so helpless and pitiful Watcher thought. Faintly he remember killing two dragons that could have been this hatchling’s parents. Watcher frowned. He was not supposed to think such ways. Watcher brought a talon to the hatchling’s neck, next to the life giving artery when a cry came from behind him. The dragon he thought he’d killed was alive, crawling towards him. The crumpled and mangled clump of flesh and bone behind him cried out, pleading for Watcher to spare the hatchling. Watcher hesitated. What was happening to him? He shook out the feeling, punishing himself for even thinking of remorse. The dragon continued to plead for mercy for her child, but there was no mercy that day. Watcher left the village, leaving a dead hatchling and the crushed skull of the dragon that had thrown Watcher’s entire life into question.

Upon returning to his Aftermath, Watcher reported his success and was given a fortnight to rest before he was to move onto another target. Watcher believed that the moment at the village was a temporary blip in his persona, an anomaly. But as he twisted and turned in his cave, his mind was filled with horrors. The feeling of his claw sliding against the hatchling’s throat, leaving a sickly dark red smile behind. The sound of the mother’s scream of despair as her only child was murdered in front of her. The grisly sound of a skull cracking underfoot. Watcher began to question his life, how be came to care so little while other dragons would give up their own life for another dragon they did not even know.

When Aftermath came to retrieve Watcher, Watcher croaked out the question to him. It sounded strange, to question who had been his only ally and supporter throughout his entire life. Until now. Aftermath turned on Watcher, a mix of anger and fear in his eyes. Aftermath dismissed Watcher’s question, but Watcher pressed on. Aftermath yelled back at him, reminding Watcher that he was nothing, nothing but a monstrosity that would be best if controlled by Aftermath himself. Watcher snapped.

Watcher never remembered what happened next, either that or he did not want to remember what he did to Aftermath that day. After that day Aftermath’s army became no more, the world was free of Aftermath. But Watcher wasn’t. The magic and curses placed on him by Aftermath took their toll after Watcher killed him, left Watcher more maimed and grisly than before.

An embittered and vengeful Watcher stormed from the camp that day. Though his body was virtually no more than a mangle of limb and bone, Watcher’s mind was free from Aftermath, free to roam the world and rediscover what life had to offer. No dragon tried to stop him, no dragon dared after seeing Aftermath’s corpse, left in the middle of the camp after Watcher was done.

Since then Watcher has found peace in himself, retired to a life of peace and nonviolence, the memory of the atrocities and horrors he had committed enough to pacify even the most dangerous and bloodthirsty of dragons, which is had. A clan in the glades, surrounded by peace and kindness. Nobody knew of Watcher’s past, if they knew they would never see him the same again. But nevertheless, Watcher was content with his sleepy life, knowing that his past will not haunt him anymore.

It's really dark... oh boy

Anyways, the word count reached into the "Large" size, so the price would rise to 400,000t. Since you wanted a medium large and not a large, I'll lower the price to 375,000t. Fair?

You can PM me details on how you'd like to pay. Hope you enjoy the bio!

rsz_lore.png
@MagicJade omgg i love it so much xOx thank you!!!!!
@MagicJade omgg i love it so much xOx thank you!!!!!
ufc57rh_by_night_monster-dbd9qs6.png
plz ping me i get so lost
tumblr_inline_owjfoajAs41rq5cm5_250.png
@whiteraven90 so sorry for the wait!!! I ended up writing way more than I thought I would and it turned out to be over 1100 words. I know you didn't ask for that much so you don't have to pay for it but if you want to send a little extra it would be appreciated, thanks! :) Also do you mind if I use this dragon as an example of lore i've written? I'm really proud of how it turned out [quote]Undrad’s first memories were of her parents. She could remember the gleam of pride in their eyes as they told her and her clutch mates the tale of the Skinless. The glory of their sacrifice, the fear they invoked in their enemies, and the legacy they left had behind. A rush of thrill would pass through her body. [i]Me,[/i] she would think. [i]I am their legacy.[/i] She fought hard to live up to her parents expectations. No one else worshiped the Plaguebringer more devotedly and she trained to become one of the best fighters in the clan. Everyone knew it was nearly impossible to defeat her. During a fight she would always compare her pain and injuries to that of the original Skinless. [i]What would they think if i gave up now? They would think I was weak.[/i] And so she would continue fighting until she was incapacitated or she had won. Her entire life was built on upholding the family’s legacy. She also heard stories of the deserters. Weak, unfaithful dragons . [i]Unfaithful.[/i] Undrad couldn’t think of a more disgraceful word. She couldn’t imagine what their motivation would have been. The thought of leaving the clan and rejecting what you had been born into was an alien concept to her. What would make you choose to be shamed and outcast? Let alone the risk of the execution sentence if you were ever caught once you escaped. It was so outlandish that she never believed it would become reality. That is until it did. Her brother had always been distracted for as long as she could remember He never seemed grounded. Undrad assumed it was just his personality. A shame really, not being able to focus, but not everyone was as lucky to be born with her determined and driven state of mind. As he got older it got worse, not that Undrad paid attention or noticed. She wasn’t one to pay much close attention to anyone, even her own brother. One day she woke up and could sense a disturbance in the order of things. Dragon's were muttering under their breath. She stood up and walked over to the closest group of dragon's. It took no time at all for them to relay what had happened to her. She almost didn’t believe them but it wasn’t like the Skinless to pull something as immature as a practical joke. Her brother had deserted. That night there was a clan meeting. It was announced that if anyone ever saw him again they were to bring him back for an execution. If that was not possible then they had the order to kill. Two months had passed since Undrad’s brother had gone. Nothing had really changed when he left. Life continued on as normal, but a small wedge of doubt had lodged itself into her brain. Try as she might, she could not get it to go away. She was constantly arguing with herself. She wanted to ask him why. To understand. And at the same time she wanted to think there was nothing to understand, he was simply an unfaithful dragon. And even if she wanted to ask him, it was impossible. He was long gone and there was no way Undrad could leave and get accused of deserting. That was unthinkable. But why had he done it? Round and round she went. Her thoughts trapped in this endless loop. Finally she couldn’t stand it any longer. [i]There must be a way to find him. [/i]An idea came to her. The execution order. That night she made her announcement. “I will be leaving tomorrow!” The entire crowd of dragons went silent. “I will go on a quest to find my brother and bring him back so that he may be punished for his crime.” Her mother and father praised her for taking initiative. They were so proud of her dedication to the family. Undrad felt guilty and nauseas the more they talked about it. She tried to convince herself that she was going to bring him to justice but she couldn’t make herself believe it. The next day she started her journey. She had no trouble surviving despite the harsh landscape. She had been trained for years on survival. She asked every dragon she met if they had seen a dragon that looked like her. Many dragon's ran away when they saw her coming. She tried to feel prideful that she invoked so much fear but she mostly just felt alone. She followed the trail of supposed sightings by other dragons until she was lead to a Light clan that lived in an old library. A few dragons of the clan came out to meet her. When she questioned for her brother they led her straight to him. He was in the middle of talking but when he saw her he stopped. The color had drained from his face. “Well brother, I’ve been looking for you.” She growled and crouched, ready to spring and attack. Now that she was here her family obligation outshined her questioning thoughts. The dragons he had been talking to circled around him. “So you need your new [i]friends[/i] as protection now?” she asked, and attacked. She took down the dragons around him no problem. She had been training for this all of her life and they obviously had no battle experience. After that however, she encountered some problems. A group of dragons that did know how to fight ran at her. She was better than everyone of them but in her home clan it was customary to fight one on one. She stood no chance when up against multiple skilled dragon's at a time. None of them made killing moves but they kept her on the defence so she couldn’t attack. [i]WImps,[/i] she thought as one of them hit her head and she blacked out. When she came round she was in a cell. Her brother was sitting outside watching her. She flung herself at the bars causing her brother to jump but it was no good. The entire cage was solidly made. There was no one she was getting out. “Hello sister.” His voice was bitter. “I suppose you’ve come to take me home. That might be a little hard considering your current predicament.” She growled in response but now the heat of the moment was gone. They were left looking at each other. When the staring became too awkward he explained to her how he had found them and how they had taken him in. “Hopefully over time you’ll come to see the flaws in our old way of life and enjoy your stay here because you’re not leaving anytime soon.” She was cared for well in her prison. Dragons of the clan visited her. At first she refused to talk but boredom soon got the better of her. The kindness of the clan surprised her, especially when she had attacked some of them. She built relationships with some of the most frequent visitors. After a month she begged to be let out. She promised to not attack or run away. Her request was accepted and for a while she was free to wander the clan though she constantly had someone watching her. After some time she came to respect the clan and they grew to trust her. Slowly her restrictions were taken off and she was given more freedom. She still was fiercely loyal to her old clan but also grew to enjoy life in her new clan. [center][size=1]Lore written by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2267270]J&S Lore Shop[/url] [/center] [/quote]
@whiteraven90

so sorry for the wait!!! I ended up writing way more than I thought I would and it turned out to be over 1100 words. I know you didn't ask for that much so you don't have to pay for it but if you want to send a little extra it would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Also do you mind if I use this dragon as an example of lore i've written? I'm really proud of how it turned out
Quote:
Undrad’s first memories were of her parents. She could remember the gleam of pride in their eyes as they told her and her clutch mates the tale of the Skinless. The glory of their sacrifice, the fear they invoked in their enemies, and the legacy they left had behind. A rush of thrill would pass through her body. Me, she would think. I am their legacy. She fought hard to live up to her parents expectations. No one else worshiped the Plaguebringer more devotedly and she trained to become one of the best fighters in the clan. Everyone knew it was nearly impossible to defeat her. During a fight she would always compare her pain and injuries to that of the original Skinless. What would they think if i gave up now? They would think I was weak. And so she would continue fighting until she was incapacitated or she had won. Her entire life was built on upholding the family’s legacy.

She also heard stories of the deserters. Weak, unfaithful dragons . Unfaithful. Undrad couldn’t think of a more disgraceful word. She couldn’t imagine what their motivation would have been. The thought of leaving the clan and rejecting what you had been born into was an alien concept to her. What would make you choose to be shamed and outcast? Let alone the risk of the execution sentence if you were ever caught once you escaped. It was so outlandish that she never believed it would become reality. That is until it did.

Her brother had always been distracted for as long as she could remember He never seemed grounded. Undrad assumed it was just his personality. A shame really, not being able to focus, but not everyone was as lucky to be born with her determined and driven state of mind. As he got older it got worse, not that Undrad paid attention or noticed. She wasn’t one to pay much close attention to anyone, even her own brother.

One day she woke up and could sense a disturbance in the order of things. Dragon's were muttering under their breath. She stood up and walked over to the closest group of dragon's. It took no time at all for them to relay what had happened to her. She almost didn’t believe them but it wasn’t like the Skinless to pull something as immature as a practical joke. Her brother had deserted. That night there was a clan meeting. It was announced that if anyone ever saw him again they were to bring him back for an execution. If that was not possible then they had the order to kill.

Two months had passed since Undrad’s brother had gone. Nothing had really changed when he left. Life continued on as normal, but a small wedge of doubt had lodged itself into her brain. Try as she might, she could not get it to go away. She was constantly arguing with herself. She wanted to ask him why. To understand. And at the same time she wanted to think there was nothing to understand, he was simply an unfaithful dragon. And even if she wanted to ask him, it was impossible. He was long gone and there was no way Undrad could leave and get accused of deserting. That was unthinkable. But why had he done it?

Round and round she went. Her thoughts trapped in this endless loop. Finally she couldn’t stand it any longer. There must be a way to find him. An idea came to her. The execution order. That night she made her announcement. “I will be leaving tomorrow!” The entire crowd of dragons went silent. “I will go on a quest to find my brother and bring him back so that he may be punished for his crime.” Her mother and father praised her for taking initiative. They were so proud of her dedication to the family. Undrad felt guilty and nauseas the more they talked about it. She tried to convince herself that she was going to bring him to justice but she couldn’t make herself believe it.

The next day she started her journey. She had no trouble surviving despite the harsh landscape. She had been trained for years on survival. She asked every dragon she met if they had seen a dragon that looked like her. Many dragon's ran away when they saw her coming. She tried to feel prideful that she invoked so much fear but she mostly just felt alone.

She followed the trail of supposed sightings by other dragons until she was lead to a Light clan that lived in an old library. A few dragons of the clan came out to meet her. When she questioned for her brother they led her straight to him. He was in the middle of talking but when he saw her he stopped. The color had drained from his face. “Well brother, I’ve been looking for you.”

She growled and crouched, ready to spring and attack. Now that she was here her family obligation outshined her questioning thoughts. The dragons he had been talking to circled around him. “So you need your new friends as protection now?” she asked, and attacked. She took down the dragons around him no problem. She had been training for this all of her life and they obviously had no battle experience. After that however, she encountered some problems. A group of dragons that did know how to fight ran at her. She was better than everyone of them but in her home clan it was customary to fight one on one. She stood no chance when up against multiple skilled dragon's at a time. None of them made killing moves but they kept her on the defence so she couldn’t attack. WImps, she thought as one of them hit her head and she blacked out.

When she came round she was in a cell. Her brother was sitting outside watching her. She flung herself at the bars causing her brother to jump but it was no good. The entire cage was solidly made. There was no one she was getting out.

“Hello sister.” His voice was bitter. “I suppose you’ve come to take me home. That might be a little hard considering your current predicament.” She growled in response but now the heat of the moment was gone. They were left looking at each other. When the staring became too awkward he explained to her how he had found them and how they had taken him in. “Hopefully over time you’ll come to see the flaws in our old way of life and enjoy your stay here because you’re not leaving anytime soon.”

She was cared for well in her prison. Dragons of the clan visited her. At first she refused to talk but boredom soon got the better of her. The kindness of the clan surprised her, especially when she had attacked some of them. She built relationships with some of the most frequent visitors. After a month she begged to be let out. She promised to not attack or run away. Her request was accepted and for a while she was free to wander the clan though she constantly had someone watching her. After some time she came to respect the clan and they grew to trust her. Slowly her restrictions were taken off and she was given more freedom. She still was fiercely loyal to her old clan but also grew to enjoy life in her new clan.

pJngKR5.jpg
| Jade |
| She/Her |
| INTJ |
@LS299 @MagicJade Hi guys! I haven't been able to finish the first drawing for you two yet, but I've a WIP that you can use as a reference already. The dragon I'm working on at the moment is this girl: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35542487] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/355425/35542487_350.png[/img] [/url] And the piece I've got going looks like this so far: [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/3f0e/th/pre/i/2017/267/c/6/zyla_wip_1_by_exeidur-dbofsqw.png[/img] I've a few pointers for this girl: [list] [*] Nothing too dark. I've made her look like a pretty sweet girl, so I'd like a fitting story to go with her. [*] The piece can be on the low side of 1100 words, but I would like it if there was a quote or sentence that I could use as a sort of summary/a nice sentence that sums up her character or story well. [*] Apart from the 'not too dark' part, you get complete artistic license! [*] I think she'd have a happy/bright personality. [*] It could be great if you can think of some kind of job/role she can have in a clan. I was thinking of explorer, artist, or waitress, but you can pick whatever! [*] You may decide on POV [*] You can change this, but I thought up a few basic pieces of information:[list] [*] Name: Zyla [*] Age: 21 [*] Likes: bows, the colour yellow, cinnamon and blueberry icecream [*] Dislikes/fears: ghosts, zucchini [*] Traits: Joyful, childish, elegant, lazy, careless[/list][/list] I think that's basically it! If this is fine, I'll send over payment and you can start working on it. There's no rush with the bio, but having it by next Sunday would be perfect :) Please let me know if you've any more questions about her, but no need to ask if you want to change any of the info.
@LS299
@MagicJade

Hi guys!

I haven't been able to finish the first drawing for you two yet, but I've a WIP that you can use as a reference already. The dragon I'm working on at the moment is this girl:

35542487_350.png

And the piece I've got going looks like this so far:

zyla_wip_1_by_exeidur-dbofsqw.png

I've a few pointers for this girl:
  • Nothing too dark. I've made her look like a pretty sweet girl, so I'd like a fitting story to go with her.
  • The piece can be on the low side of 1100 words, but I would like it if there was a quote or sentence that I could use as a sort of summary/a nice sentence that sums up her character or story well.
  • Apart from the 'not too dark' part, you get complete artistic license!
  • I think she'd have a happy/bright personality.
  • It could be great if you can think of some kind of job/role she can have in a clan. I was thinking of explorer, artist, or waitress, but you can pick whatever!
  • You may decide on POV
  • You can change this, but I thought up a few basic pieces of information:
    • Name: Zyla
    • Likes: bows, the colour yellow, cinnamon and blueberry icecream
    • Dislikes/fears: ghosts, zucchini
    • Traits: Joyful, childish, elegant, lazy, careless

I think that's basically it! If this is fine, I'll send over payment and you can start working on it. There's no rush with the bio, but having it by next Sunday would be perfect :) Please let me know if you've any more questions about her, but no need to ask if you want to change any of the info.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15