Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Custom Skins Rules Update
1 2
Hello, everyone!

We have recently updated our rules for Custom Skin and Accent submissions. We had previously lost several rules to a file overwrite issue earlier in the day, but they are now properly displaying. In addition to updating the rules, we have also provided some handy screenshots and examples for those which may have confusing or unclear wording.

We look forward to seeing what awesome creations you can come up with!
Hello, everyone!

We have recently updated our rules for Custom Skin and Accent submissions. We had previously lost several rules to a file overwrite issue earlier in the day, but they are now properly displaying. In addition to updating the rules, we have also provided some handy screenshots and examples for those which may have confusing or unclear wording.

We look forward to seeing what awesome creations you can come up with!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Wow I love the detailed screenshots. Thank you for this! I was one of the ones confused and I&#039;m happy now that these rules are up and much clearer. Saves everyone some headache later down the road <3
Wow I love the detailed screenshots. Thank you for this! I was one of the ones confused and I&#039;m happy now that these rules are up and much clearer. Saves everyone some headache later down the road <3
Saw this during the livestream, it turned out well. :3 Hope to make some skins soon!
Saw this during the livestream, it turned out well. :3 Hope to make some skins soon!
jEm2t96.png
Awww, now most of my skins are un-uploadeable.

Oh well, at least from now on I know what rules to abide to.

vpuvys.gif
I was wondering about the shadows, since I toyed with them, but looks like I&#039;m in the clear C:

I was wondering about the shadows, since I toyed with them, but looks like I&#039;m in the clear C:

Well that&#039;s a good thing to know before getting home and setting up shop lol.

Just a few more days and I&#039;ll have Skins and Art up for the sales aww yuss
Well that&#039;s a good thing to know before getting home and setting up shop lol.

Just a few more days and I&#039;ll have Skins and Art up for the sales aww yuss
-sips tea-
Love the detailed shots, very nice of you guys to make it more clear <3
Love the detailed shots, very nice of you guys to make it more clear <3
Clan Lore | Clan Gallery | Art Blog | FR Blog9eeae65bbff59dbbc51fbb14e63503493b3f830e.png
[quote name="XinXiao" date="2013-06-07 02:58:49" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=19990#20105"]Awww, now most of my skins are un-uploadeable. Oh well, at least from now on I know what rules to abide to.[/quote] Your skins were lovely Xin! I went to your thread and made some suggestions for a fix that will make them abide the rules without completely redoing them. Our apologies that the rules were half missing and unclear. :-(

Your skins were lovely Xin! I went to your thread and made some suggestions for a fix that will make them abide the rules without completely redoing them.

Our apologies that the rules were half missing and unclear. :-(
I&#039;m thinking we I should make an image with the do&#039;s and don&#039;ts for textures as well. We did decide to allow the use of minimal texture and patterns. Straight up photos and images you do not have the copyright to are still out, as is "overwhelming texture".

Yeah, that could still probably be more clear. *scuttles off to make more graphics*
I&#039;m thinking we I should make an image with the do&#039;s and don&#039;ts for textures as well. We did decide to allow the use of minimal texture and patterns. Straight up photos and images you do not have the copyright to are still out, as is "overwhelming texture".

Yeah, that could still probably be more clear. *scuttles off to make more graphics*
[quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-07 11:04:28" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=19990#20708"][quote name="XinXiao" date="2013-06-07 02:58:49" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=19990#20105"]Awww, now most of my skins are un-uploadeable. Oh well, at least from now on I know what rules to abide to.[/quote] Your skins were lovely Xin! I went to your thread and made some suggestions for a fix that will make them abide the rules without completely redoing them. Our apologies that the rules were half missing and unclear. :-([/quote] Awwe thanks, I saw! Real sweet of you, total lifesaving <333 [quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-07 11:29:43" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=19990#20757"]We did decide to allow the use of minimal texture and patterns. Straight up photos and images you do not have the copyright to are still out, as is "overwhelming texture". Yeah, that could still probably be more clear. *scuttles off to make more graphics*[/quote] Hahah, the new graphics and rules will surely help a lot of people which were/will be in the same position as me XD;

Your skins were lovely Xin! I went to your thread and made some suggestions for a fix that will make them abide the rules without completely redoing them.

Our apologies that the rules were half missing and unclear. :-(

Awwe thanks, I saw! Real sweet of you, total lifesaving <333
We did decide to allow the use of minimal texture and patterns. Straight up photos and images you do not have the copyright to are still out, as is "overwhelming texture".

Hahah, the new graphics and rules will surely help a lot of people which were/will be in the same position as me XD;
vpuvys.gif
1 2