Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Venue - The Mire
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm wondering how far are we into the distribution of clanbound scatterscrolls...... can we have an update on that soon? ^^'

Thanks for the new stuff this time though, yeeeah new food
I'm wondering how far are we into the distribution of clanbound scatterscrolls...... can we have an update on that soon? ^^'

Thanks for the new stuff this time though, yeeeah new food
Great update, guys!

I'm really excited to see a new area to play in the coliseum.

Haha, just yesterday Crim asked me for a Marsh Stalker, and I thought, "That must be a new food item." I didn't know how right I was!

I'm really excited to see the new entries to the contest. Last time, for the Riot of Rot, I followed the entries closely as they were posted. However, all the chatter in the Submissions thread ruined the mood for me. I hope it isn't like that this time around too. :/

Those skins are lovely. Great job, artists!
Great update, guys!

I'm really excited to see a new area to play in the coliseum.

Haha, just yesterday Crim asked me for a Marsh Stalker, and I thought, "That must be a new food item." I didn't know how right I was!

I'm really excited to see the new entries to the contest. Last time, for the Riot of Rot, I followed the entries closely as they were posted. However, all the chatter in the Submissions thread ruined the mood for me. I hope it isn't like that this time around too. :/

Those skins are lovely. Great job, artists!
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
Thanks to judicious use of Rally and Haste, I've managed to visit even the Harpy's Roost with my dragons when they were only at Level 16. But dare they face the challenges of the Mire, even now at level 18?

Well, I managed to survive two battles there.

New food and trinkets... ah, but no new familiars! Well, I guess that making the new opponents into familiars may take longer (actually, some of them already are, such as the Scythe Kamahatchi) and so it was felt that we may as well enjoy the level now instead of waiting.
Thanks to judicious use of Rally and Haste, I've managed to visit even the Harpy's Roost with my dragons when they were only at Level 16. But dare they face the challenges of the Mire, even now at level 18?

Well, I managed to survive two battles there.

New food and trinkets... ah, but no new familiars! Well, I guess that making the new opponents into familiars may take longer (actually, some of them already are, such as the Scythe Kamahatchi) and so it was felt that we may as well enjoy the level now instead of waiting.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
[quote name="Nathillius" date="2013-11-09 10:40:31"][quote name="Undel" date="2013-11-09 09:55:59"]@nathallis Happily, adding new venues doesn't take away development time from any of the areas you mentioned. It's all artwork and working with our existing content management systems. This venue was implemented without taking up any programmer time, as an artist was able to do it. :) The art and coding team can work on separate things without holding the other up. Our programmers are had at work patching up the site problems, speeding things up, and working on new systems. We have not pulled them away from their work for this update. :)[/quote] Thanks for the response, however, you still did not answer my main question. When will quests become readily available?[/quote] @Nathillius If you mean adventuring Xhaztol recently addressed this on tumblr -- adventuring is in very early stages of development and won't be ready for quite some time. They're thinking about actually removing the link to it since it's created the expectation that it'll be here soon. (Source = http://xhaztol-fr.tumblr.com/post/66050363791/flightoftheguardian-when-can-we-merrily ) @Sugarbones Off topic, but where did you get that forum vista! It's not one I've seen before. (Edited to fuse my two recent posts together)
Nathillius wrote on 2013-11-09 10:40:31:
Undel wrote on 2013-11-09 09:55:59:
@nathallis Happily, adding new venues doesn't take away development time from any of the areas you mentioned. It's all artwork and working with our existing content management systems. This venue was implemented without taking up any programmer time, as an artist was able to do it. :)

The art and coding team can work on separate things without holding the other up. Our programmers are had at work patching up the site problems, speeding things up, and working on new systems. We have not pulled them away from their work for this update. :)

Thanks for the response, however, you still did not answer my main question. When will quests become readily available?

@Nathillius

If you mean adventuring Xhaztol recently addressed this on tumblr -- adventuring is in very early stages of development and won't be ready for quite some time. They're thinking about actually removing the link to it since it's created the expectation that it'll be here soon. (Source = http://xhaztol-fr.tumblr.com/post/66050363791/flightoftheguardian-when-can-we-merrily )

@Sugarbones

Off topic, but where did you get that forum vista! It's not one I've seen before.

(Edited to fuse my two recent posts together)
Yay! New stuffz! :D
Yay! New stuffz! :D

I've already found one of the new items from gathering. XD Got a Toridae chew toy last night from scavanging, I think it was.
I've already found one of the new items from gathering. XD Got a Toridae chew toy last night from scavanging, I think it was.
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
Yay, a new coliseum area! :D
I can't wait to try it out +u+
Yay, a new coliseum area! :D
I can't wait to try it out +u+
RmHSCAk.png NjbUgLV.png ycEeRDZ.png ONw09wm.pngRmHSCAk.png
Hey Dev team,

The names for the Toridae monsters are the opposite of the names of the Toridae familiars. Is this intended?

For the familiars, the Poisonous Toridae is blue, while the Venomous Toridae is red.

For the monsters, the Poisonous Toridae (Earth) are red, while the Venomous Toridae (Nature) are blue.

I don't have too much trouble accepting familiar-monster discrepancies when it's a spelling difference like Furian/Nightsky Furian (monsters) vs. Fuiran/Nightsky Fuiran (familiars), but this latest one hurts my head a lot. :P I thought I might've just gotten them mixed up, but I've triple and quadruple and quintuple checked and I'm 100% sure that the names are swapped with the familiars vs. the monsters. It's extremely confusing for me because I deal with Coliseum monsters a lot and also deal with familiars a lot.

[EDIT]: I also just got Poisonous Toridae familiar (the blue one) from a pack of the red Earth Poisonous Toridae monsters. At least the names sync up with the drops, but aaaaaah the colorsssssssss.
Hey Dev team,

The names for the Toridae monsters are the opposite of the names of the Toridae familiars. Is this intended?

For the familiars, the Poisonous Toridae is blue, while the Venomous Toridae is red.

For the monsters, the Poisonous Toridae (Earth) are red, while the Venomous Toridae (Nature) are blue.

I don't have too much trouble accepting familiar-monster discrepancies when it's a spelling difference like Furian/Nightsky Furian (monsters) vs. Fuiran/Nightsky Fuiran (familiars), but this latest one hurts my head a lot. :P I thought I might've just gotten them mixed up, but I've triple and quadruple and quintuple checked and I'm 100% sure that the names are swapped with the familiars vs. the monsters. It's extremely confusing for me because I deal with Coliseum monsters a lot and also deal with familiars a lot.

[EDIT]: I also just got Poisonous Toridae familiar (the blue one) from a pack of the red Earth Poisonous Toridae monsters. At least the names sync up with the drops, but aaaaaah the colorsssssssss.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@MewMew34 I also found a Toridae chew toy from scavenging. Three of them, actually. :)
@MewMew34 I also found a Toridae chew toy from scavenging. Three of them, actually. :)
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Finally! I can get my Scythe Kamaitachi and complete my current bestiary.
Finally! I can get my Scythe Kamaitachi and complete my current bestiary.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9