Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Upcoming Registration Window
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I know a couple of people willing to join - I even have a couple of dragons, waiting in my hoard for one of them to take them from my hands.
I know a couple of people willing to join - I even have a couple of dragons, waiting in my hoard for one of them to take them from my hands.
tXKbExw.png
I also have a couple of people wanting to join. Hopefully there's a registration window open in the near future.
I also have a couple of people wanting to join. Hopefully there's a registration window open in the near future.
[quote name="MeeszyAlexy" date="2014-01-10 10:36:30"]I know a couple of people willing to join - I even have a couple of dragons, waiting in my hoard for one of them to take them from my hands.[/quote] We are in the same boat my dear! Granted I'm already breeding some of the dragons that are for one of them [they were a picked out couple to begin with] and gene'd them up too, but I'm all like- I love these dragons to death but it would be fun to be able to play with the player XD
MeeszyAlexy wrote on 2014-01-10 10:36:30:

We are in the same boat my dear! Granted I'm already breeding some of the dragons that are for one of them [they were a picked out couple to begin with] and gene'd them up too, but I'm all like- I love these dragons to death but it would be fun to be able to play with the player XD
I am ahead of FR time by +2 hours
Quitting Flight Rising- currently wanting League items for my gen 1's and retired items
My boyfriend is also very curious as to when the next registration window will be. He sees me playing every day and wants to enjoy this site as well. I really hope you consider opening one soon!

Not to mention, I'm saving dragons for him and a friend or two and would really like to pass them on soon. >.
My boyfriend is also very curious as to when the next registration window will be. He sees me playing every day and wants to enjoy this site as well. I really hope you consider opening one soon!

Not to mention, I'm saving dragons for him and a friend or two and would really like to pass them on soon. >.
I'm really hoping to see registration open soon, under the assumption that lag will be corrected :/

The economy is so broke with no new players.
I'm really hoping to see registration open soon, under the assumption that lag will be corrected :/

The economy is so broke with no new players.
Accent Shop
All of this information was taken from Aequorin's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1028094&page=1][u]Questions? Concerns? Discuss![/u][/url] thread. [quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-01-20 12:02:00"]With Akiri out for the time being many things have been delayed and I don't have a timeline to give you. These issues require Akiri.[/quote] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-01-20 12:35:20"][quote]ANother question, have you implemented ANY of the optimizations lightsky has done? Or just put them on the test server?[/quote] Unfortunately recent events have once again set that deployment back.[/quote] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-01-23 11:38:07"][quote name="fishspeakers" date="2014-01-23 11:06:59"]Was Akiri the main person in charge of putting the optimizations in place in the test server? Has his hospitalization been a factor in the registration window being pushed back?[/quote] Site optimizations have been in the realm of Lightsky, but Akiri is still acting as the lead developer for Flight Rising. Shortly after Akiri's accident, the site was subjected to malicious attacks requiring a redistribution of resources. Any time an attack, game-breaking exploit, or major bug happens, we are forced to re-prioritize and it delays any scheduled release. Code is not static and sometimes fixing one thing can break another, which sets schedules back even further. We understand that the users would like to have a release timeline, and we would too – but unfortunately, it is just not feasible to provide one at this time. [quote]What exactly does Lightsky /do/ when you guys pull them in to help?[/quote] They are working on and working with Akiri on the framework and backbone of the site, exploits, and provide consultation and assistance with security concerns. They are the reason why the site is operating at a much faster speed compared to when we opened. We are very happy with their services and look forward to continuing our relationship.[/quote] I know I also read in there somewhere that they didn't want to reopen a registration window until the site optimizations had been implemented so as to ensure a smooth play experience for the new players. Basically, the point is that because Akiri was injured, a lot of things have been pushed back on their timetable and a registration window does not appear to be on the table in the near future. A lot of things are his responsibility, and because he needs time to recover from his injuries he won't be able to do much of anything until he's in better health and back on his feet. So really, all we can do is wait patiently and send Akiri well wishes and hope he gets better soon. (If I have misinterpreted any information or am wrong in my guessing, feel free to correct me; I do not want to spread misinformation and am only looking to offer some answers for those of us who are eagerly awaiting another registration window for our friends to join. :)
All of this information was taken from Aequorin's Questions? Concerns? Discuss! thread.

Aequorin wrote on 2014-01-20 12:02:00:
With Akiri out for the time being many things have been delayed and I don't have a timeline to give you. These issues require Akiri.

Aequorin wrote on 2014-01-20 12:35:20:
Quote:
ANother question, have you implemented ANY of the optimizations lightsky has done? Or just put them on the test server?
Unfortunately recent events have once again set that deployment back.

Aequorin wrote on 2014-01-23 11:38:07:
fishspeakers wrote on 2014-01-23 11:06:59:
Was Akiri the main person in charge of putting the optimizations in place in the test server? Has his hospitalization been a factor in the registration window being pushed back?
Site optimizations have been in the realm of Lightsky, but Akiri is still acting as the lead developer for Flight Rising. Shortly after Akiri's accident, the site was subjected to malicious attacks requiring a redistribution of resources. Any time an attack, game-breaking exploit, or major bug happens, we are forced to re-prioritize and it delays any scheduled release.

Code is not static and sometimes fixing one thing can break another, which sets schedules back even further. We understand that the users would like to have a release timeline, and we would too – but unfortunately, it is just not feasible to provide one at this time.
Quote:
What exactly does Lightsky /do/ when you guys pull them in to help?
They are working on and working with Akiri on the framework and backbone of the site, exploits, and provide consultation and assistance with security concerns. They are the reason why the site is operating at a much faster speed compared to when we opened. We are very happy with their services and look forward to continuing our relationship.

I know I also read in there somewhere that they didn't want to reopen a registration window until the site optimizations had been implemented so as to ensure a smooth play experience for the new players.

Basically, the point is that because Akiri was injured, a lot of things have been pushed back on their timetable and a registration window does not appear to be on the table in the near future. A lot of things are his responsibility, and because he needs time to recover from his injuries he won't be able to do much of anything until he's in better health and back on his feet. So really, all we can do is wait patiently and send Akiri well wishes and hope he gets better soon.

(If I have misinterpreted any information or am wrong in my guessing, feel free to correct me; I do not want to spread misinformation and am only looking to offer some answers for those of us who are eagerly awaiting another registration window for our friends to join. :)
KPxAawz.png
Actually you are assuming a lot here. On their official FB page, only a week ago, they mentioned that they would hope to open a window within Jan/Feb. It didn't sound like that was delayed because of Akiri's accident, only delayed a bit because of the last security breach. :)
Actually you are assuming a lot here. On their official FB page, only a week ago, they mentioned that they would hope to open a window within Jan/Feb. It didn't sound like that was delayed because of Akiri's accident, only delayed a bit because of the last security breach. :)
9PW8odu.jpg
I don't use facebook, so that would probably be why I didn't see it. All I have to go on is what's posted on the forums which, considering what I saw, painted a bleak picture of when we might see a registration window open again. Seeing as how it's the end of January, I hope to see something in February if they've decided to go for it.

All I know is that they want to push the optimizations live before they open registration. But however long that takes, I have no idea. I'd settle for a February window, though. :D
I don't use facebook, so that would probably be why I didn't see it. All I have to go on is what's posted on the forums which, considering what I saw, painted a bleak picture of when we might see a registration window open again. Seeing as how it's the end of January, I hope to see something in February if they've decided to go for it.

All I know is that they want to push the optimizations live before they open registration. But however long that takes, I have no idea. I'd settle for a February window, though. :D
KPxAawz.png
awesome! i have a friend who wanted to join but had to go to school and didnt get the chance to last time... cant wait to tell her!
awesome! i have a friend who wanted to join but had to go to school and didnt get the chance to last time... cant wait to tell her!
ndrgcFj.png
Loading, delays, freezing, crashes are starting all over again.
Loading, delays, freezing, crashes are starting all over again.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29