Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Exalt Bonuses & More!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
.....why are we making these parallels? A dragon that was manually gened isn't treated like a large diamond, either. It's more like your childhood stuffed animal. Just as worthless as any other stuffed animal to anyone but the person who exerted that effort to gene it up.
.....why are we making these parallels? A dragon that was manually gened isn't treated like a large diamond, either. It's more like your childhood stuffed animal. Just as worthless as any other stuffed animal to anyone but the person who exerted that effort to gene it up.
A great many people give up their giant diamonds to have factories that produce unlimited small diamonds. The market is flooded with small diamonds and soon everyone who wants small diamonds already has them. Prices plummet.

But the small diamonds themselves are also small diamond factories , so the price-crash is infinitely worse.

(Well, that illustrates why dragons are so cheap rather effectively, but I can't think of a way to fix it. Finding more ways to get rid of small diamonds won't do it. Make the dragon-factories produce only one egg a time? But that would be sad. Temporarily convert a nest to a different flight for a one-time use with a very long cooldown? That would be awesome, but maybe hard to implement.)
A great many people give up their giant diamonds to have factories that produce unlimited small diamonds. The market is flooded with small diamonds and soon everyone who wants small diamonds already has them. Prices plummet.

But the small diamonds themselves are also small diamond factories , so the price-crash is infinitely worse.

(Well, that illustrates why dragons are so cheap rather effectively, but I can't think of a way to fix it. Finding more ways to get rid of small diamonds won't do it. Make the dragon-factories produce only one egg a time? But that would be sad. Temporarily convert a nest to a different flight for a one-time use with a very long cooldown? That would be awesome, but maybe hard to implement.)
SqnIrhs.png
This is even more hilarious to me considering that diamonds are rather artificially inflated in price because their most plentiful source is very carefully managed. I guess that makes it more relevant.
This is even more hilarious to me considering that diamonds are rather artificially inflated in price because their most plentiful source is very carefully managed. I guess that makes it more relevant.
Although, now that I look at it, that Snapper lore looks a little.. familiar to me. Between the design of the snapper and the idea of them being in "perpetual dream", that's a bit uncanny for my tastes..
Although, now that I look at it, that Snapper lore looks a little.. familiar to me. Between the design of the snapper and the idea of them being in "perpetual dream", that's a bit uncanny for my tastes..
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
plague_1.png - gathering turns & coli grinding shop
- plaguedom shop

- item sales
- g1 sales
@Marine, explain what you mean?
@Marine, explain what you mean?
akSqI.gif DXtYy.gif lDUIA.gif sNACO.gif
The exalt bonuses are amazing, I can't say it enough. Hopefully it helps clear out some of the flooding the market has been experiencing! Thanks, staff!
The exalt bonuses are amazing, I can't say it enough. Hopefully it helps clear out some of the flooding the market has been experiencing! Thanks, staff!
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
@KAYTARA

From what I've gathered, the Snapper's lore -- regarding the dreams and tunneling -- is extremely similar to the lore of another original dragon species on a small adoptable site.

These other dragons are heavily in-tune with the world of dreams, can probably travel to the world of dreams at will, and are essentially draconic dream elementals.
They also spend much of their time underground, possessing large claws to cleave through dirt and rock.

Snappers are also designed fairly similar to this other dragon: stubby wings, heavy bodies, powerful hooked jaw, blunt claws. The body shape is particularly similar.
The main difference is that the Snapper lacks the crystals on its body that this other dragon species has -- but if you apply an Ice Gembond gene to a Violet/Black Snapper, you'll get a pretty convincing mirror image.

With the new lore, the Snapper now strikes me as going past any reference and becoming a ripoff.
Anyone who plays over at this other site will probably be able to make the connection. I don't want to name the dragon species or this other site, as it may very well lead to people fighting, and I don't really want that.. but, at least, I wanted to point this out. It's a bit worrying to me, really.
@KAYTARA

From what I've gathered, the Snapper's lore -- regarding the dreams and tunneling -- is extremely similar to the lore of another original dragon species on a small adoptable site.

These other dragons are heavily in-tune with the world of dreams, can probably travel to the world of dreams at will, and are essentially draconic dream elementals.
They also spend much of their time underground, possessing large claws to cleave through dirt and rock.

Snappers are also designed fairly similar to this other dragon: stubby wings, heavy bodies, powerful hooked jaw, blunt claws. The body shape is particularly similar.
The main difference is that the Snapper lacks the crystals on its body that this other dragon species has -- but if you apply an Ice Gembond gene to a Violet/Black Snapper, you'll get a pretty convincing mirror image.

With the new lore, the Snapper now strikes me as going past any reference and becoming a ripoff.
Anyone who plays over at this other site will probably be able to make the connection. I don't want to name the dragon species or this other site, as it may very well lead to people fighting, and I don't really want that.. but, at least, I wanted to point this out. It's a bit worrying to me, really.
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
- plaguedom shop

- item sales
- g1 sales
@Marine Thank you for your concerns. We have always strived to have each species be completely unique to Flight Rising. No one wants their world to be the same as someone else's. As such, we are looking into altering our lore so that both dragon breed retain separate and indentifiable characteristics. We certainly DO NOT want our dragons to ever be confused for another world's dragons, especially within a niche genre. :-) Any changes made to the lore will be noted in the next update!
@Marine Thank you for your concerns. We have always strived to have each species be completely unique to Flight Rising. No one wants their world to be the same as someone else's. As such, we are looking into altering our lore so that both dragon breed retain separate and indentifiable characteristics. We certainly DO NOT want our dragons to ever be confused for another world's dragons, especially within a niche genre. :-) Any changes made to the lore will be noted in the next update!
Huh, interesting on both counts.

(Can I use this opportunity to ask if the Gladekeeper was, um, inspired by anything in particular? I have a wood dragon painting series that's been getting enjoying a lot of popularity in the now multiple years it's been out, and the similarities to the Gladekeeper have been tickilng me a bit. >D This is mostly in jest, though - I realise that's not the kind of uber-specific design that would be hard to arrive at independently. Just thought I'd mention it.)
Huh, interesting on both counts.

(Can I use this opportunity to ask if the Gladekeeper was, um, inspired by anything in particular? I have a wood dragon painting series that's been getting enjoying a lot of popularity in the now multiple years it's been out, and the similarities to the Gladekeeper have been tickilng me a bit. >D This is mostly in jest, though - I realise that's not the kind of uber-specific design that would be hard to arrive at independently. Just thought I'd mention it.)
akSqI.gif DXtYy.gif lDUIA.gif sNACO.gif
@UNDEL

It's greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration and your actions taken, as I've been worrying a decent bit over all of this and how it would affect both communities.
@UNDEL

It's greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration and your actions taken, as I've been worrying a decent bit over all of this and how it would affect both communities.
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
- plaguedom shop

- item sales
- g1 sales
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22