Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bandanas and Skin Contest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What about the skins that are user made and there are only 5 copies in existence? Why aren't those inflated through the roof? Le gasp!! So limited!!!!

Because skins are a novelty item kiddos. You should buy them if they make your dragons feel pretty. I entered the skin contest to begin with because I thought I made a skin people would like a lot, and I guess I was right to some extent? I gave my free copy of my skin to a friend because she adores phoenixes and phoenix stuff, and she was so happy she keysmashed. (She doesn't keysmash.)

Those skins were made as examples and stuff of how skins could be used onsite. My Kickstarter skins aren't worth pocket change, really - and do you think these skins will be worth pocket change in a few months? The only one I can see being popular is the plaid tundra, and that's because it's a plaid tundra. Eventually we (the contest winners) will have our skins retired too. We won't exactly be up in arms about it. The skins left in the marketplace aren't limited, so anyone who wants one can buy them and has ample time to.

Basically, anyone can make a skin, and if these skins suited someone's fancy now they probably already have them and aren't looking to buy.
What about the skins that are user made and there are only 5 copies in existence? Why aren't those inflated through the roof? Le gasp!! So limited!!!!

Because skins are a novelty item kiddos. You should buy them if they make your dragons feel pretty. I entered the skin contest to begin with because I thought I made a skin people would like a lot, and I guess I was right to some extent? I gave my free copy of my skin to a friend because she adores phoenixes and phoenix stuff, and she was so happy she keysmashed. (She doesn't keysmash.)

Those skins were made as examples and stuff of how skins could be used onsite. My Kickstarter skins aren't worth pocket change, really - and do you think these skins will be worth pocket change in a few months? The only one I can see being popular is the plaid tundra, and that's because it's a plaid tundra. Eventually we (the contest winners) will have our skins retired too. We won't exactly be up in arms about it. The skins left in the marketplace aren't limited, so anyone who wants one can buy them and has ample time to.

Basically, anyone can make a skin, and if these skins suited someone's fancy now they probably already have them and aren't looking to buy.
banner_by_the_masked_ottsel-d749c9o.gif
@Quantum - No, I read that as bananas too. XD There for a minute I was wondering, "So they released some new food items? That's... great, I guess?" And then when I saw the picture I realized it wasn't food they were selling. A very silly moment indeed.

Aside from that, let's cut the drama about the skins, m'kay guys? If you think about it logically, the Gem marketplace is designed to showcase the fancy-smancy stuff and draw interest. Interest = gems = money for the site. In order to keep interest ALIVE (that is to say, to draw revenue) they need to regularly swap things OUT and put new things IN. It's supply and demand guys, its not that hard to figure out.
@Quantum - No, I read that as bananas too. XD There for a minute I was wondering, "So they released some new food items? That's... great, I guess?" And then when I saw the picture I realized it wasn't food they were selling. A very silly moment indeed.

Aside from that, let's cut the drama about the skins, m'kay guys? If you think about it logically, the Gem marketplace is designed to showcase the fancy-smancy stuff and draw interest. Interest = gems = money for the site. In order to keep interest ALIVE (that is to say, to draw revenue) they need to regularly swap things OUT and put new things IN. It's supply and demand guys, its not that hard to figure out.
NST2016B1_zpsx6df7wrb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8