Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The staff responded to this in not only a timely manner, but a MATURE manner. This is more than a LOT of websites and a LOT of companies can say. They're being transparent and realistic.

It's unrealistic to believe that they could hire a new coder right away. Teaching a new person how to run a website is VERY taxing and a lot of work. They need to learn the ins and outs of this website, where the bugs are, how to fix it, etc. That takes time, and if they fired Thrane right away then we wouldn't have the benefit of the site seeing the updates nearly as often. Training takes time and money that they may not have at the moment.

Coding is exhausting and a LOT of work. People need to recognize that the small amount of staff needs as much help as they can get.

Honestly if you don't like the situation, then leave. Every moment you spend on this website gives these people money one way or another, even if your adblocker is turned off and you don't buy gems.
The staff responded to this in not only a timely manner, but a MATURE manner. This is more than a LOT of websites and a LOT of companies can say. They're being transparent and realistic.

It's unrealistic to believe that they could hire a new coder right away. Teaching a new person how to run a website is VERY taxing and a lot of work. They need to learn the ins and outs of this website, where the bugs are, how to fix it, etc. That takes time, and if they fired Thrane right away then we wouldn't have the benefit of the site seeing the updates nearly as often. Training takes time and money that they may not have at the moment.

Coding is exhausting and a LOT of work. People need to recognize that the small amount of staff needs as much help as they can get.

Honestly if you don't like the situation, then leave. Every moment you spend on this website gives these people money one way or another, even if your adblocker is turned off and you don't buy gems.
eFhQ85.png
If I could, I would spend a million dollars on gems just because several people here said that they wouldn't spend money on this site anymore. I do have adblock on though, but I had it on before this whole thing started. But it's because many ads have viruses in them and I don't want my computer to get messed up.

Even though I disagree with Thrage, I am not angry at him for his opinions. His opinions don't affect how much I enjoy this site, and I'm glad he'll be coming back to work on the games. There are a few artists on DeviantArt that I think are jerks, but I still like their art.
If I could, I would spend a million dollars on gems just because several people here said that they wouldn't spend money on this site anymore. I do have adblock on though, but I had it on before this whole thing started. But it's because many ads have viruses in them and I don't want my computer to get messed up.

Even though I disagree with Thrage, I am not angry at him for his opinions. His opinions don't affect how much I enjoy this site, and I'm glad he'll be coming back to work on the games. There are a few artists on DeviantArt that I think are jerks, but I still like their art.
oqllpxA.gifX4235Xn.gif
(I have not read through any of the rest of this thread - I&#039;m just one tired transguy and can&#039;t handle it for now so hopefully nothing in this is repeating someone else&#039;s words. please keep fighting the good fight, everybody. love you all. <3)

sincere thank you to the current admins for the well-thought out and articulated post.

disappointed that Thrage will be continuing to work here, but am glad that it is, at least, purely back-end and not from an administration capacity. as he does not have quite as much of a voice of power, as it were, that is a step. I do not begrudge the guy his job but I do sincerely hope that he makes an effort to learn from this. I may send him an email if I can figure out a decent way to word it.

would like to note that while it&#039;s good to use things as a teachable moment, I, personally, do not feel that it is required. we live in an information-saturated world and google is right there. I feel that trans* people, epileptics, and others are not required nor should they feel pressured to be walking ever-calm encyclopedias for others&#039; perusal, but that&#039;s just my take.

...and if anything in this post comes across offensive or upsets you please do send me a PM! I, too, am always learning and the last thing I want to do is upset someone with a badly worded comment. I mean this seriously. :(

(edit: I forgot a word)
(I have not read through any of the rest of this thread - I&#039;m just one tired transguy and can&#039;t handle it for now so hopefully nothing in this is repeating someone else&#039;s words. please keep fighting the good fight, everybody. love you all. <3)

sincere thank you to the current admins for the well-thought out and articulated post.

disappointed that Thrage will be continuing to work here, but am glad that it is, at least, purely back-end and not from an administration capacity. as he does not have quite as much of a voice of power, as it were, that is a step. I do not begrudge the guy his job but I do sincerely hope that he makes an effort to learn from this. I may send him an email if I can figure out a decent way to word it.

would like to note that while it&#039;s good to use things as a teachable moment, I, personally, do not feel that it is required. we live in an information-saturated world and google is right there. I feel that trans* people, epileptics, and others are not required nor should they feel pressured to be walking ever-calm encyclopedias for others&#039; perusal, but that&#039;s just my take.

...and if anything in this post comes across offensive or upsets you please do send me a PM! I, too, am always learning and the last thing I want to do is upset someone with a badly worded comment. I mean this seriously. :(

(edit: I forgot a word)
Vxr4Vdv.gif
[quote name="hclark" date="2013-07-19 14:55:59" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=7&id=609580#610654"]Good post We should understand that it's very hard to keep up with the responsibility as a admin and keep the emotions/(any)opinions under control at the same time. it's not easy to keep the community 'friendly' but WE ALL SHOULD TRY for this sake of this fun website. ok? peace people °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°[/quote] ^This >A< Like, I don't agree with anything thrage said. But I will be blunt here guys, it's over. He stepped down. And PERSONALLY I think we need to all move on with our lives here and try to CHILL OUT. <XD The drama at THIS point is a bit....unnecessary. Thrage stepped down, he's done. What more can he do, leave? At that point, yes, I have mixed opinions about this entire ordeal. I am not happy about what thrage has said, but I honestly think that we all need to chill out and move on now that it's over, and since the admins have taken care of things. [b]Not[/b] saying that the LGBT thing isn't a big deal, but it was dealt with last night....and it's over. Can we all just go back to Hugging each other and complaining about 1-2 egg clutches? ^^;
Good post

We should understand that it&#039;s very hard to keep up with the responsibility as a admin and keep the emotions/(any)opinions under control at the same time.

it&#039;s not easy to keep the community &#039;friendly&#039; but WE ALL SHOULD TRY for this sake of this fun website.

ok?
peace people
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

^This >A<
Like, I don&#039;t agree with anything thrage said.

But I will be blunt here guys, it&#039;s over. He stepped down.

And PERSONALLY I think we need to all move on with our lives here and try to CHILL OUT. <XD
The drama at THIS point is a bit....unnecessary.
Thrage stepped down, he&#039;s done. What more can he do, leave? At that point, yes, I have mixed opinions about this entire ordeal.
I am not happy about what thrage has said, but I honestly think that we all need to chill out and move on now that it&#039;s over, and since the admins have taken care of things.
Not saying that the LGBT thing isn&#039;t a big deal, but it was dealt with last night....and it&#039;s over. Can we all just go back to Hugging each other and complaining about 1-2 egg clutches? ^^;
The efforts towards making this right are appreciated. I hope that Thrage learns from this experience, and will make an effort towards acceptance and true tolerance in the future.
The efforts towards making this right are appreciated. I hope that Thrage learns from this experience, and will make an effort towards acceptance and true tolerance in the future.
WindBanner_Saya_zps96883271.pngWindBanner_zps7c139063.pngWindBanner_Saya_zps96883271.png
ITlY.png
Thanks to the Admins for handling it well. Though, I&#039;m actually afraid of posting here in the future. I&#039;m not saying I support Thrage, but I do have my own options and I don&#039;t want to be blacklisted for sharing my two cents. I&#039;d like reassurance that blacklists and hateful comments will stop. Attacking other players is never the right way.
Thanks to the Admins for handling it well. Though, I&#039;m actually afraid of posting here in the future. I&#039;m not saying I support Thrage, but I do have my own options and I don&#039;t want to be blacklisted for sharing my two cents. I&#039;d like reassurance that blacklists and hateful comments will stop. Attacking other players is never the right way.
466w8yC.png
I have been simply reading the comments for the time being but, while it may not be important, I will put in my own.

Thrage was a big player in getting this site up and rolling. Even if you stop playing the games, putting up an ad blocker and refuse to pay gems you are still using what he has helped to create. If you reduce the revenue coming into the site and yet continue to use it then you are simply being a hypocrite. The other admins have handled this much better than I&#039;ve ever seen on a website and keeping Thrage in was a very good decision. Already people are upset over the state of the website. If we remove Thrage or remove the revenue for the site then it is only going to get worse and worse until it collapses completely.

I am LGBT. I understand where the concerns are for his participation. But, he will not be communicating with us as he once had now that he has stepped down to the simple coding. He has lost a big part of this project that he has been helping to build for years. That is punishment enough. Sometimes I feel that those who are discriminated against most often find it hard to forgive those who don&#039;t understand/ harm us. We close our minds off to the apologies because we are tired of receiving hate as a whole. Continuing to punish Thrage is not the way to go.

If you have a problem with how the site is being run now, I suggest you simply leave the website because at this point you are harming the other people who earn a living through Flight Rising and are diminishing the joy the rest of us are getting from this website.

Thank you Admins for the swift and mature response to what has happened. Thank you Thrage for your apologies. Please continue making this a great site.
I have been simply reading the comments for the time being but, while it may not be important, I will put in my own.

Thrage was a big player in getting this site up and rolling. Even if you stop playing the games, putting up an ad blocker and refuse to pay gems you are still using what he has helped to create. If you reduce the revenue coming into the site and yet continue to use it then you are simply being a hypocrite. The other admins have handled this much better than I&#039;ve ever seen on a website and keeping Thrage in was a very good decision. Already people are upset over the state of the website. If we remove Thrage or remove the revenue for the site then it is only going to get worse and worse until it collapses completely.

I am LGBT. I understand where the concerns are for his participation. But, he will not be communicating with us as he once had now that he has stepped down to the simple coding. He has lost a big part of this project that he has been helping to build for years. That is punishment enough. Sometimes I feel that those who are discriminated against most often find it hard to forgive those who don&#039;t understand/ harm us. We close our minds off to the apologies because we are tired of receiving hate as a whole. Continuing to punish Thrage is not the way to go.

If you have a problem with how the site is being run now, I suggest you simply leave the website because at this point you are harming the other people who earn a living through Flight Rising and are diminishing the joy the rest of us are getting from this website.

Thank you Admins for the swift and mature response to what has happened. Thank you Thrage for your apologies. Please continue making this a great site.

I&#039;m sorry, but people are acting like it&#039;s a simple thing to just fire Thrage. If the speculation I&#039;ve heard on another site is correct, then it&#039;s possible Thrage is a business partner, not just some underling. And from the sounds of it, if that&#039;s the way it is, if they fire him, we may lose ANY game he has creative rights over (which is probably all of them, and who knows what else besides).

Now...I&#039;m pretty sure it would take a bunch of expensive legal **** to dissolve a business partnership, but I&#039;m in no means an expert in that field, so don&#039;t quote me on that.

Just something for those of you that are clamoring to see him completely gone to think about.

I&#039;m sorry, but people are acting like it&#039;s a simple thing to just fire Thrage. If the speculation I&#039;ve heard on another site is correct, then it&#039;s possible Thrage is a business partner, not just some underling. And from the sounds of it, if that&#039;s the way it is, if they fire him, we may lose ANY game he has creative rights over (which is probably all of them, and who knows what else besides).

Now...I&#039;m pretty sure it would take a bunch of expensive legal **** to dissolve a business partnership, but I&#039;m in no means an expert in that field, so don&#039;t quote me on that.

Just something for those of you that are clamoring to see him completely gone to think about.
@Dreadnought That&#039;s not necessarily true unless they had some kind of strange agreement, but usually when you do programming for a company, it belongs to the company and not to you. Like people who work at and quit Microsoft don&#039;t just get to ban Microsoft from using their code. When you work as a programmer, you&#039;re being paid to make code for your employer... would be weird to pay someone to code for themselves, basically.

@MadMeeper Yeah but also consider that the longer they&#039;re down a coder, the longer it&#039;s going to take to fix problems. Sometimes you have to make that trade off, take the time to train someone so that you can alleviate the problems in a more efficient manner. However I&#039;m not an admin, so I have no idea how they&#039;re organized behind the scenes. Just something to consider. Either way, the mods should at least know that there are those of us who are willing to step up to that plate, should they decide to in the future.
@Dreadnought That&#039;s not necessarily true unless they had some kind of strange agreement, but usually when you do programming for a company, it belongs to the company and not to you. Like people who work at and quit Microsoft don&#039;t just get to ban Microsoft from using their code. When you work as a programmer, you&#039;re being paid to make code for your employer... would be weird to pay someone to code for themselves, basically.

@MadMeeper Yeah but also consider that the longer they&#039;re down a coder, the longer it&#039;s going to take to fix problems. Sometimes you have to make that trade off, take the time to train someone so that you can alleviate the problems in a more efficient manner. However I&#039;m not an admin, so I have no idea how they&#039;re organized behind the scenes. Just something to consider. Either way, the mods should at least know that there are those of us who are willing to step up to that plate, should they decide to in the future.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

@Para
That doesn&#039;t change the fact that it&#039;s his PERSONAL FB. Facebook profiles are easy to find. It&#039;s a public site. Anyone can dig through posts and rag on other&#039;s beliefs. It wasn&#039;t his FR facebook, it was his personal facebook. Still not connected to the site.
@Para
That doesn&#039;t change the fact that it&#039;s his PERSONAL FB. Facebook profiles are easy to find. It&#039;s a public site. Anyone can dig through posts and rag on other&#039;s beliefs. It wasn&#039;t his FR facebook, it was his personal facebook. Still not connected to the site.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18