Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 18
Like others have said thank you so much for being so upfront with us. This really has sealed the deal for me with this game. Y'all have handled this with wonderful tact and I'm so glad to see that.

I'm glad that Thrage is stepping down for a while. When he does come back I'm glad that he won't be doing administrative things where his comments could hurt someone again. I'm also glad that y'all are raising awareness for those with epilepsy and for those of us with a different sexual identity. I understand why he'll need to come back eventually but I'm incredibly grateful for how y'all are handling this and how y'all will keep him in the back.

I know that my friends and I will be staying for a long time and that we love the game dearly. Again thank you for being upfront and honest with us about this, and thank you for making those donations and raising awareness of these wonderful foundations.
Like others have said thank you so much for being so upfront with us. This really has sealed the deal for me with this game. Y'all have handled this with wonderful tact and I'm so glad to see that.

I'm glad that Thrage is stepping down for a while. When he does come back I'm glad that he won't be doing administrative things where his comments could hurt someone again. I'm also glad that y'all are raising awareness for those with epilepsy and for those of us with a different sexual identity. I understand why he'll need to come back eventually but I'm incredibly grateful for how y'all are handling this and how y'all will keep him in the back.

I know that my friends and I will be staying for a long time and that we love the game dearly. Again thank you for being upfront and honest with us about this, and thank you for making those donations and raising awareness of these wonderful foundations.
@Akiri, @Undel, @Xhaztol, thank you. As one of the trans* people hurt by his words, I appreciate your swift actions, honesty, and transparency. I appreciate that you feel his working on certain aspects of the site on the back end in the future, and not as an administrator, is the best decision, though I admit to not being totally pleased by it -- you are not giving him a position of power again, and you are being utterly open and honest about it, so that helps a lot.

And, to be honest... @Thrage, thank you for the apology and the mature decision to step down. It doesn't excuse, undo, or mitigate what you said, but it does show you have some level of respect for people's comfort. And I think offering to open up a dialogue with those you've hurt, and giving us your email address so that we may do so, is actually quite a mature decision.

My adblocker will probably be getting turned back off, once I have time to chew this all over and become a little more comfortable with Thrage still working for the site. And I may well be contacting Thrage once I feel more comfortable doing so, as well. It is no one's responsibility to educate him or patiently explain to him how what he said was wrong and hurtful, and what exactly people were reacting so badly to, but if any of us DO have the patience and inclination to, if there's a possibility that it will help, I feel that might be for the best. I know that with him coming back even on a small level in the future, I'd feel better personally trying to let him know as clearly as possible what the problems with his words and attitudes actually were.

Thank you again, all of you. You make this site a place I feel safe and comfortable being on.
@Akiri, @Undel, @Xhaztol, thank you. As one of the trans* people hurt by his words, I appreciate your swift actions, honesty, and transparency. I appreciate that you feel his working on certain aspects of the site on the back end in the future, and not as an administrator, is the best decision, though I admit to not being totally pleased by it -- you are not giving him a position of power again, and you are being utterly open and honest about it, so that helps a lot.

And, to be honest... @Thrage, thank you for the apology and the mature decision to step down. It doesn't excuse, undo, or mitigate what you said, but it does show you have some level of respect for people's comfort. And I think offering to open up a dialogue with those you've hurt, and giving us your email address so that we may do so, is actually quite a mature decision.

My adblocker will probably be getting turned back off, once I have time to chew this all over and become a little more comfortable with Thrage still working for the site. And I may well be contacting Thrage once I feel more comfortable doing so, as well. It is no one's responsibility to educate him or patiently explain to him how what he said was wrong and hurtful, and what exactly people were reacting so badly to, but if any of us DO have the patience and inclination to, if there's a possibility that it will help, I feel that might be for the best. I know that with him coming back even on a small level in the future, I'd feel better personally trying to let him know as clearly as possible what the problems with his words and attitudes actually were.

Thank you again, all of you. You make this site a place I feel safe and comfortable being on.
Thank you for this
Thank you for this
My only comment on this is to those who think Thrage can be easily replaced. Thrage built these games from scratch. Do you what's one of the hardest things to do as a coder? Taking over someone else's code. I remember talking to an admin on another site, who had recently become admin and had to work with another person's code, with no direction. A lot of time, he decided to just start from scratch for huge chunks of it because it was easier in the long run. But that means it'll take more time. So all that complaining about treasure output, and such. That would take even longer, much, much longer to fix, if we let go of Thrage completely.

The admins had to make a tough decision here as to what would best benefit the site. I think they made the right choice, even if it isn't popular. If we want this site to see large growth and optimization, we can't afford to lose any part of the team, regardless of their awful opinions. He's gone from the public eye, which is the best that we can hope for.
My only comment on this is to those who think Thrage can be easily replaced. Thrage built these games from scratch. Do you what's one of the hardest things to do as a coder? Taking over someone else's code. I remember talking to an admin on another site, who had recently become admin and had to work with another person's code, with no direction. A lot of time, he decided to just start from scratch for huge chunks of it because it was easier in the long run. But that means it'll take more time. So all that complaining about treasure output, and such. That would take even longer, much, much longer to fix, if we let go of Thrage completely.

The admins had to make a tough decision here as to what would best benefit the site. I think they made the right choice, even if it isn't popular. If we want this site to see large growth and optimization, we can't afford to lose any part of the team, regardless of their awful opinions. He's gone from the public eye, which is the best that we can hope for.
I don't even know what he said, but people here are making silly comments. People here are saying it's unfair he didn't lose his job because of something he said in his Facebook page... like. WHAT.
I'm quite sure my boss wouldn't approve everything I say, or all of my opinions, yet I'm not kicked out. People should be able to understand the difference between work and personal life & opinions.

It's great Flight Rising staff is taking this case seriously, but I'm a bit puzzled here, still.
Is it seriously any of ours business what he had said in his Facebook page..? I would understand if he had said this things on the site, but he haven't.

Of course I agree people should learn to control what they let out from their mouths, since humans these days seem to be so very sensitive over everything. But maybe the rest of us also should try to just calm down. All sort of stuff happens in this life.
C'est la vie.

Thank you for the update, though.
I don't even know what he said, but people here are making silly comments. People here are saying it's unfair he didn't lose his job because of something he said in his Facebook page... like. WHAT.
I'm quite sure my boss wouldn't approve everything I say, or all of my opinions, yet I'm not kicked out. People should be able to understand the difference between work and personal life & opinions.

It's great Flight Rising staff is taking this case seriously, but I'm a bit puzzled here, still.
Is it seriously any of ours business what he had said in his Facebook page..? I would understand if he had said this things on the site, but he haven't.

Of course I agree people should learn to control what they let out from their mouths, since humans these days seem to be so very sensitive over everything. But maybe the rest of us also should try to just calm down. All sort of stuff happens in this life.
C'est la vie.

Thank you for the update, though.
forumid2.png
[quote name="Sahnin" date="2013-07-19 14:36:14" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=5&id=609580#610343"][quote name="thestorieswesay" date="2013-07-19 14:30:47" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=5&id=609580#610269"]I don't know how to take his apology considering he apologized to me about the games causing a seizure while making fun of me on his Facebook. [/quote] I'm sorry that happened to you. And I'm sorry your story keeps getting swept under the carpet. [/quote] I'm seconding this as well. We need to [b]absolutely not[/b] throw Thrage's insensitivity on the subject of epilepsy under the carpet. Ever. Seeing as how he's a person who works on flash games and all. And also seeing as how it's intolerably rude to make fun of someone for having a seizure, and ALSO intolerably rude to blow your story off.
I don't know how to take his apology considering he apologized to me about the games causing a seizure while making fun of me on his Facebook.

I'm sorry that happened to you. And I'm sorry your story keeps getting swept under the carpet.
I'm seconding this as well. We need to absolutely not throw Thrage's insensitivity on the subject of epilepsy under the carpet. Ever. Seeing as how he's a person who works on flash games and all.

And also seeing as how it's intolerably rude to make fun of someone for having a seizure, and ALSO intolerably rude to blow your story off.
4btp6NF.png Rule #1 of the Arcane Hunger Games: Don't Fall In Love
they/them/their
I think he should stay. FB is offsite and its no different to me than hateful comments I hear from others out and about away from their jobs irl or probably the TONS posted on other forums offsite from individuals right here most likely talking about it in their "rage". If it was onsite, it'd be a different matter but its not. This is his job, he didn't do anything ON THE JOB so why should he be fired?

I also find him being gone all the way or even for a time concerning to what will happen now with games and site as a whole... I've not been able to collect treasure as it is for like 4+ days...
I think he should stay. FB is offsite and its no different to me than hateful comments I hear from others out and about away from their jobs irl or probably the TONS posted on other forums offsite from individuals right here most likely talking about it in their "rage". If it was onsite, it'd be a different matter but its not. This is his job, he didn't do anything ON THE JOB so why should he be fired?

I also find him being gone all the way or even for a time concerning to what will happen now with games and site as a whole... I've not been able to collect treasure as it is for like 4+ days...
I'm happy that Thrage will come back.

Frankly, he had SOME good points in his OP on Facebook, only he worded them very, very wrong.
And the internet, as always, needs to be overly-sensitive and flip their tables.
I've seen so many "OMG LET'S BOYCOTT FR" posts on all kinds on sites, and I must say: You people disgust me.
It was a PERSONAL opinion on a PERSONAL site. Even if he straight-out said that he hated lgbt as a whole, it doesn't justify you going on an organized witch hunt and start boycotting an ENTIRE FREE TO PLAY SITE.

I've been in his stead once, when I was like 12 years old. I had some bad opinions (I was really misinformed on everything back then, i barely found the internet) that I shouted out on a deviantart journal and everyone flipped their stuff and started throwing death threats at me and telling me how horrible I am for sharing a (Possible?) fact about a sensitive topic.
Even after recognizing my wrongs and remodelling my opinions on the fresh information, these threats didn't stop.

Even so, as long as he said that he supported the community, what do you friggin care about his personal opinion anymore?

Thrage is human. We are all human. We make mistakes.
He apologized and was mature. Most of the rest of you acted like barbarians.

Not taking sides, both sides have wronged. But at least Thrage apologized and didn't continue this mess.

I can't believe how barbaric people still behave today.

I am bi and you don't see me giving a single *****.

Why can't we be friends?
I'm happy that Thrage will come back.

Frankly, he had SOME good points in his OP on Facebook, only he worded them very, very wrong.
And the internet, as always, needs to be overly-sensitive and flip their tables.
I've seen so many "OMG LET'S BOYCOTT FR" posts on all kinds on sites, and I must say: You people disgust me.
It was a PERSONAL opinion on a PERSONAL site. Even if he straight-out said that he hated lgbt as a whole, it doesn't justify you going on an organized witch hunt and start boycotting an ENTIRE FREE TO PLAY SITE.

I've been in his stead once, when I was like 12 years old. I had some bad opinions (I was really misinformed on everything back then, i barely found the internet) that I shouted out on a deviantart journal and everyone flipped their stuff and started throwing death threats at me and telling me how horrible I am for sharing a (Possible?) fact about a sensitive topic.
Even after recognizing my wrongs and remodelling my opinions on the fresh information, these threats didn't stop.

Even so, as long as he said that he supported the community, what do you friggin care about his personal opinion anymore?

Thrage is human. We are all human. We make mistakes.
He apologized and was mature. Most of the rest of you acted like barbarians.

Not taking sides, both sides have wronged. But at least Thrage apologized and didn't continue this mess.

I can't believe how barbaric people still behave today.

I am bi and you don't see me giving a single *****.

Why can't we be friends?
vpuvys.gif
Thank you to the wonderful admins for handling this situation swiftly even though the site has been buggy. I do not agree completely with Thrage's opinions but he has a right to say them. Not everyone is going to view the LGBT community the same, and that's okay. However he should have taken into consideration his position as an administrator before saying these things. That is the only problem.

Unfortunately even though we come to this site to escape the world it doesn't escape from the way people are. People are a lot less tolerant of others beliefs because they see it as "wrong". Remember "right and wrong" is still an opinion. We have been graced with wonderful feelings and personalities but in doing so we leave ourselves open to a lot of hurt. We need people that are willing to shrug things off and others to stand their ground and fight back. Kinda like how we need "free spirits" and people that are a little more down to earth.

Your feelings were more than just hurt. Who you are as a person was. But that is life and not everything needs to be fought with a battle. You can do what you love but you have limits, because you can not impede on someone else's happiness. Though that has to do more with actions rather than words.

The LGBT community has made great strides! More so than ever before don't forget that! Though not everything may be able to be solved in your lifetime but I still think you should be very proud. Minorities have come a long way and they've done so quickly but that pace can't last forever. Let's get back to dragons already!
Thank you to the wonderful admins for handling this situation swiftly even though the site has been buggy. I do not agree completely with Thrage's opinions but he has a right to say them. Not everyone is going to view the LGBT community the same, and that's okay. However he should have taken into consideration his position as an administrator before saying these things. That is the only problem.

Unfortunately even though we come to this site to escape the world it doesn't escape from the way people are. People are a lot less tolerant of others beliefs because they see it as "wrong". Remember "right and wrong" is still an opinion. We have been graced with wonderful feelings and personalities but in doing so we leave ourselves open to a lot of hurt. We need people that are willing to shrug things off and others to stand their ground and fight back. Kinda like how we need "free spirits" and people that are a little more down to earth.

Your feelings were more than just hurt. Who you are as a person was. But that is life and not everything needs to be fought with a battle. You can do what you love but you have limits, because you can not impede on someone else's happiness. Though that has to do more with actions rather than words.

The LGBT community has made great strides! More so than ever before don't forget that! Though not everything may be able to be solved in your lifetime but I still think you should be very proud. Minorities have come a long way and they've done so quickly but that pace can't last forever. Let's get back to dragons already!
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
Since Thrage is going to still be employed here, I believe he should have to undergo some kind of education as a condition of his continued employ, perhaps on business ethics, transgender issues, epilepsy, and/or disability accommodations. In many businesses, this would be standard practice. *shrugs* This is not an attack, simply business sense.
Since Thrage is going to still be employed here, I believe he should have to undergo some kind of education as a condition of his continued employ, perhaps on business ethics, transgender issues, epilepsy, and/or disability accommodations. In many businesses, this would be standard practice. *shrugs* This is not an attack, simply business sense.
exorcism.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 18