Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Features, Balance, and Lore!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]http://www.flightrising.com/dropbox/6_12_2013.jpg[/img][/center] [b]Exalt your progenitor dragons:[/b] We have listened, and you are now able to exalt your progenitor dragons if you do not wish to keep them! To avoid exploitation, exalting a progenitor will [i]not [/i]provide you with treasure or count towards Flight Dominance. Progenitor dragons will still be unable to be traded or sold on the Auction House. [b]We have added sorting options to the Auction House:[/b] You can now sort auctions by their expiration time or by their post price in both an ascending and descending fashion. In order to sort by one currency or another, simply place a '1' in either the gem or treasure field, then hit Search prior to sorting. [b]Lore Update:[/b] The Ridgeback article is up in the encyclopedia.[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=20] Click here to read[/url] about the great borrowers of the shifting expanse. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ann&id=49778]Read more about the updates by clicking here.[/url] [more] [b]We have made several performance optimizations and changes to HTML5 features[/b]. The following changes were made: [LIST] [*]Jigsaw: Connected piece edges no longer disappear. Although it was prettier, this aesthetic caused huge performance decreases and has been removed. [*]Coliseum: Many of the freezing/hanging problems have been fixed on the server end. Some others would crop up when the "Fight On!" button was pressed rapidly, resulting in multiple battles being generated. This has been corrected. [/LIST] [b]The following abilities and mechanics have been adjusted in Coliseum:[/b] [LIST] [*]The damage of elemental slash abilities has been increased. [*]The potency of Aid's healing amount has been increased. [*]Clobber and Guard are now benefiting from a dragon's DEF attribute; our hope is that this will make tank dragons more interesting. [*]Agility has been rebalanced; critical hits and dodges are not occurring as often at higher levels. [/LIST] [b]Misc Fixes:[/b] [LIST] [*]Various typos were corrected across the site. [*]The Runestones of the Arcanist background image was updated to use elemental runes. [*]The registration form was having issues with registrations that had an apostrophe or hypen in the first or last name. This issue has been resolved. [*]Battlestones purchased from the marketplace were not stacking. This issue has been resolved. [/LIST] [b]Beta Testers: [/b] Your beta-thank-you gift codes are now in the mail. They should be sent to the e-mail address you had registered on-site during closed beta. (Be sure to check your inbox AND spam folder for the message!)
6_12_2013.jpg

Exalt your progenitor dragons:
We have listened, and you are now able to exalt your progenitor dragons if you do not wish to keep them! To avoid exploitation, exalting a progenitor will not provide you with treasure or count towards Flight Dominance. Progenitor dragons will still be unable to be traded or sold on the Auction House.

We have added sorting options to the Auction House:
You can now sort auctions by their expiration time or by their post price in both an ascending and descending fashion. In order to sort by one currency or another, simply place a '1' in either the gem or treasure field, then hit Search prior to sorting.

Lore Update:
The Ridgeback article is up in the encyclopedia. Click here to read about the great borrowers of the shifting expanse.

Read more about the updates by clicking here.

We have made several performance optimizations and changes to HTML5 features. The following changes were made:
  • Jigsaw: Connected piece edges no longer disappear. Although it was prettier, this aesthetic caused huge performance decreases and has been removed.
  • Coliseum: Many of the freezing/hanging problems have been fixed on the server end. Some others would crop up when the "Fight On!" button was pressed rapidly, resulting in multiple battles being generated. This has been corrected.

The following abilities and mechanics have been adjusted in Coliseum:
  • The damage of elemental slash abilities has been increased.
  • The potency of Aid's healing amount has been increased.
  • Clobber and Guard are now benefiting from a dragon's DEF attribute; our hope is that this will make tank dragons more interesting.
  • Agility has been rebalanced; critical hits and dodges are not occurring as often at higher levels.

Misc Fixes:
  • Various typos were corrected across the site.
  • The Runestones of the Arcanist background image was updated to use elemental runes.
  • The registration form was having issues with registrations that had an apostrophe or hypen in the first or last name. This issue has been resolved.
  • Battlestones purchased from the marketplace were not stacking. This issue has been resolved.

Beta Testers:
Your beta-thank-you gift codes are now in the mail. They should be sent to the e-mail address you had registered on-site during closed beta. (Be sure to check your inbox AND spam folder for the message!)
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
Yay! Thanks for the awesome updates. :)
Yay! Thanks for the awesome updates. :)
Snowy_Sig-_Mew_v1.png
Thank you so much for all of your hard work! We appreciate y'all!
Thank you so much for all of your hard work! We appreciate y'all!
You guys are amazing.
You guys are amazing.
Thanks so much! I love my little buggie!
Thanks so much! I love my little buggie!
Awesome updates, thank you for the heads up and your hard work!
Awesome updates, thank you for the heads up and your hard work!
ZPPY.png
Just when I grew to love my progenitor! I'll keep her thank you! XD

But I'm so happy with these updates! Thank you all for your hard work! *u*
Just when I grew to love my progenitor! I'll keep her thank you! XD

But I'm so happy with these updates! Thank you all for your hard work! *u*
Thank you all for all the hard work, you're all so awesome!
Thank you all for all the hard work, you're all so awesome!
My Art Shop (CLOSED for now)
Ah, so that's why Ridgebacks vaguely look like a joker card...
Ah, so that's why Ridgebacks vaguely look like a joker card...
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
Loving the auction house updates! Good work!
Loving the auction house updates! Good work!
1 2 3 4 5 6