Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shock Switch Beta, Updates
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
@thestorieswesay, it's unfair to say they don't care.

It's entirely possible that they just needed the feedback that the warning is not showing up on tablets. It's in beta, things go wrong.

I'm sorry you had that experience though, I've no doubt that it was at the very least unpleasant.
@thestorieswesay, it's unfair to say they don't care.

It's entirely possible that they just needed the feedback that the warning is not showing up on tablets. It's in beta, things go wrong.

I'm sorry you had that experience though, I've no doubt that it was at the very least unpleasant.
coffee. need coffee.
This game heavily reminds me of the very old Pokemon Puzzle League game for the Nintendo 64. And I gotta say - I love it to death. The controls are a pain for me since I can't help but think of a controller while playing it thanks to the immense resemblance, but eh, that's easy enough to get used to.

For people saying that a warning isn't good enough about the game may causing problems for light sensitive people and whatnot... I'm sorry, but you really shouldn't try playing games to begin with if you're unable to handle visual effects. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I'm a gamer, and almost all video games have visual effects. The effects enable the game to be less boring, which is a good thing. I know I'll be playing this even after getting the max treasure I can from games if the effects aren't removed, it's just that fun for me.
This game heavily reminds me of the very old Pokemon Puzzle League game for the Nintendo 64. And I gotta say - I love it to death. The controls are a pain for me since I can't help but think of a controller while playing it thanks to the immense resemblance, but eh, that's easy enough to get used to.

For people saying that a warning isn't good enough about the game may causing problems for light sensitive people and whatnot... I'm sorry, but you really shouldn't try playing games to begin with if you're unable to handle visual effects. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I'm a gamer, and almost all video games have visual effects. The effects enable the game to be less boring, which is a good thing. I know I'll be playing this even after getting the max treasure I can from games if the effects aren't removed, it's just that fun for me.
I love games similar to Shock Switch. I'm excited to try it out. I also think the battle weariness is a great idea!
I love games similar to Shock Switch. I'm excited to try it out. I also think the battle weariness is a great idea!
The game looks great, and I find it really fun! Definitely a lot more fast paced and engaging than the other two games.~

For a suggestion, perhaps add an option to games with effects to run the game without effects? (And for those saying the admins don't care... you guys do realize it's a game about lightning? It probably slipped their minds unfortunately. Lightning isn't really a subtle-looking theme!)
The game looks great, and I find it really fun! Definitely a lot more fast paced and engaging than the other two games.~

For a suggestion, perhaps add an option to games with effects to run the game without effects? (And for those saying the admins don't care... you guys do realize it's a game about lightning? It probably slipped their minds unfortunately. Lightning isn't really a subtle-looking theme!)
banner_by_the_masked_ottsel-d749c9o.gif
@thestorieswesay -- Pretty much every video game out there causes problems for those of us with photosensitive neurological issues, something I am very aware of living day to day with them. I never start playing a game when I'm in a sensitive place, regardless of what game. Shock Switch and Coliseum both can trigger problems for folks. So can watching TV. Do you get upset at all people who make television shows and gifs and video games regardless?
@thestorieswesay -- Pretty much every video game out there causes problems for those of us with photosensitive neurological issues, something I am very aware of living day to day with them. I never start playing a game when I'm in a sensitive place, regardless of what game. Shock Switch and Coliseum both can trigger problems for folks. So can watching TV. Do you get upset at all people who make television shows and gifs and video games regardless?
exorcism.png
Thank you all for listening to us. :)
Thank you all for listening to us. :)
New game is nice but easily solved! Increase difficulty <3 I got 1.5 million Points on Very Hard on my second try.
New game is nice but easily solved! Increase difficulty <3 I got 1.5 million Points on Very Hard on my second try.
@Twitchy - They know the game has a problem and not only released it anyway, but are apparently going to actively exacerbate the issue. The warning shows they know there is an entire subset of users on the site who will never have the option of playing that game, and any other game that follows in those footsteps. I play dozens of block switching/moving games and not a one of them has to have strobing patterns to function. I&#039;m disappointed that Flight Rising apparently feels differently.
@Twitchy - They know the game has a problem and not only released it anyway, but are apparently going to actively exacerbate the issue. The warning shows they know there is an entire subset of users on the site who will never have the option of playing that game, and any other game that follows in those footsteps. I play dozens of block switching/moving games and not a one of them has to have strobing patterns to function. I&#039;m disappointed that Flight Rising apparently feels differently.
MuwAAse.png
Just played for 1 hour, on normal level, no issues... except no treasure >.> is there meant to be treasure for the beta testing or not? Because if not, I wouldn&#039;t have played for a full hour D:

eh never mind about the treasure x-x just re-read. -grumbles- my arm is sore now.
Just played for 1 hour, on normal level, no issues... except no treasure >.> is there meant to be treasure for the beta testing or not? Because if not, I wouldn&#039;t have played for a full hour D:

eh never mind about the treasure x-x just re-read. -grumbles- my arm is sore now.
c1.png
@Tser - When it is pointless and easily avoidable, as in this case, yes, yes I do. All games, films, tv shows, et al., don&#039;t need strobing to be fun and dynamic.
@Tser - When it is pointless and easily avoidable, as in this case, yes, yes I do. All games, films, tv shows, et al., don&#039;t need strobing to be fun and dynamic.
MuwAAse.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24