Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shock Switch Beta, Updates
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Love this game!! Instantly reminded me of pokemon puzzle league - one of my faves for the N64!
Love this game!! Instantly reminded me of pokemon puzzle league - one of my faves for the N64!
Running Chrome here--I'm having difficulty getting mouse controls to work at all. The game doesn't seem to respond to them, or runs very sluggishly.

Perhaps it's just the hardcore Panepon fan in me, but it seemed like the higher speeds weren't very fast at all. I played on Normal once, just to make certain it was, indeed, a Panepon/Puzzle League game, then cranked it right up to Very Hard. It still felt a little slow. I'm not necessarily even saying to make it faster--maybe just add a few more difficulty settings, like an "Insane" or so, for those of us who like a faster game? :P

Maybe it was also just my luck, but I notice the game self-combos a LOT. Like, I would get random line clears just from the panels advancing all the time. If it's possible, an option to turn those off in the future would be nice. Although I can see it being a boon to newer players, for people who have grown more skilled (or are just used to this game type already :P), it can really wreck your mojo when you're trying to set up a cool chain, man.

Also, for keyboard control, I would support having a different swap key other than "E." It's sort of out of the way, and not very close to the other crucial key, Spacebar. I can understand not wanting to allow people to accidentally hit the spacebar and perhaps prematurely end their games, but it's a bit of a stretch, and it's not the most comfortable position to rest one's hand in, constantly hovering over "E." Myself, I'm in favor of making it "Z" (a classic button for this kind of thing), but even "A" would be better, I think.

Aaand that's it for my feedback.
Running Chrome here--I'm having difficulty getting mouse controls to work at all. The game doesn't seem to respond to them, or runs very sluggishly.

Perhaps it's just the hardcore Panepon fan in me, but it seemed like the higher speeds weren't very fast at all. I played on Normal once, just to make certain it was, indeed, a Panepon/Puzzle League game, then cranked it right up to Very Hard. It still felt a little slow. I'm not necessarily even saying to make it faster--maybe just add a few more difficulty settings, like an "Insane" or so, for those of us who like a faster game? :P

Maybe it was also just my luck, but I notice the game self-combos a LOT. Like, I would get random line clears just from the panels advancing all the time. If it's possible, an option to turn those off in the future would be nice. Although I can see it being a boon to newer players, for people who have grown more skilled (or are just used to this game type already :P), it can really wreck your mojo when you're trying to set up a cool chain, man.

Also, for keyboard control, I would support having a different swap key other than "E." It's sort of out of the way, and not very close to the other crucial key, Spacebar. I can understand not wanting to allow people to accidentally hit the spacebar and perhaps prematurely end their games, but it's a bit of a stretch, and it's not the most comfortable position to rest one's hand in, constantly hovering over "E." Myself, I'm in favor of making it "Z" (a classic button for this kind of thing), but even "A" would be better, I think.

Aaand that's it for my feedback.
I just want to add that I really adore Shock Switch. I also have a background of Pokemon Puzzle League and playing this game brings all of that back <3 Like others have said though, it does feel a little slow... but I have a feeling it&#039;s designed that way to keep you playing longer and earning more treasure.

Anyhoo! Thanks for making such a fun game with fun controls that&#039;s different than the somewhat bland games we&#039;ve been playing. I know you&#039;re getting a lot of flack for it for various aspects (we all know what aspects and there&#039;s no need to mention them further) but I really appreciate the effort that went into Shock Switch to make it feel fun and exciting and like a -real- video game and not just a game on a pet site. ;D

Devs: You are awesome and I love you. I would hump your legs, but I cannot, because among other reasons I&#039;m in Canada, so you&#039;ll just have to suffice with THANK YOU FOR MAKING FLIGHT RISING AWESOME.

Okay I&#039;ll stop fangirling now.

*slinks away*
I just want to add that I really adore Shock Switch. I also have a background of Pokemon Puzzle League and playing this game brings all of that back <3 Like others have said though, it does feel a little slow... but I have a feeling it&#039;s designed that way to keep you playing longer and earning more treasure.

Anyhoo! Thanks for making such a fun game with fun controls that&#039;s different than the somewhat bland games we&#039;ve been playing. I know you&#039;re getting a lot of flack for it for various aspects (we all know what aspects and there&#039;s no need to mention them further) but I really appreciate the effort that went into Shock Switch to make it feel fun and exciting and like a -real- video game and not just a game on a pet site. ;D

Devs: You are awesome and I love you. I would hump your legs, but I cannot, because among other reasons I&#039;m in Canada, so you&#039;ll just have to suffice with THANK YOU FOR MAKING FLIGHT RISING AWESOME.

Okay I&#039;ll stop fangirling now.

*slinks away*
I had no lag, but after a couple minutes it crashed my firefox so hard and fast I think I got whiplash. I did end up having to reinstall FireFox immediately after the crash, but it is unclear whether or not that was directly caused by the game.

I have a pretty new, really good computer and I am hooked up to an excellent connection at the moment.
I had no lag, but after a couple minutes it crashed my firefox so hard and fast I think I got whiplash. I did end up having to reinstall FireFox immediately after the crash, but it is unclear whether or not that was directly caused by the game.

I have a pretty new, really good computer and I am hooked up to an excellent connection at the moment.
This is fun! Running on firefox (as of around 6 pm) it was pretty laggy and crashed firefox a few times, so I gave up on that. When I played it in Chrome it worked fine with no lag issues and no crashing, but the mouse controls just jittered all over the screen and randomly clicked, so I could only play it on the keyboard.

If you change anything, please change the e and spacebar around. I use the switch button far more than I press for new lines, and my right hand got extremely sore with my pointer finger on it, I&#039;d really like the big button to be the one I&#039;m expected to use the most.

Good job, guys! This is hands down my favorite game on the fairgrounds. I marathoned a 45 minute game this afternoon.
This is fun! Running on firefox (as of around 6 pm) it was pretty laggy and crashed firefox a few times, so I gave up on that. When I played it in Chrome it worked fine with no lag issues and no crashing, but the mouse controls just jittered all over the screen and randomly clicked, so I could only play it on the keyboard.

If you change anything, please change the e and spacebar around. I use the switch button far more than I press for new lines, and my right hand got extremely sore with my pointer finger on it, I&#039;d really like the big button to be the one I&#039;m expected to use the most.

Good job, guys! This is hands down my favorite game on the fairgrounds. I marathoned a 45 minute game this afternoon.
The game seems to be working fine for me. I really like it too! Can&#039;t wait til it&#039;s out of Beta Mode!
The game seems to be working fine for me. I really like it too! Can&#039;t wait til it&#039;s out of Beta Mode!
~Musical Mayhem~
Uum, with new screen with warning about photosensivity I&#039;m no longer able to play Fairground games. Site just freezes and objects do not react anymore. Browser don&#039;t crash, I can open new page or get back to previous location.
Tested on iPad with Safari. I have to check it on Windows, but I don&#039;t expect to spot this problem on the other device.
Uum, with new screen with warning about photosensivity I&#039;m no longer able to play Fairground games. Site just freezes and objects do not react anymore. Browser don&#039;t crash, I can open new page or get back to previous location.
Tested on iPad with Safari. I have to check it on Windows, but I don&#039;t expect to spot this problem on the other device.
5p3axy.jpg
Thank you for the update! <3
Thank you for the update! <3
520px-RMRM-chan_banner.jpg
Calm down and help me with this time machine.
love love love that this game is now out (even if it is beta)! i&#039;m using google chrome on windows 7 and there&#039;s no errors that i&#039;ve come across. i do think that an "undo" button would be helpful, though.
love love love that this game is now out (even if it is beta)! i&#039;m using google chrome on windows 7 and there&#039;s no errors that i&#039;ve come across. i do think that an "undo" button would be helpful, though.
may i sugjest when u implament T into the game that u also add T bonus squars like for sort time multpilyers
may i sugjest when u implament T into the game that u also add T bonus squars like for sort time multpilyers
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24