Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Banescale Gene Expansion
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 64 65
I’m loving all of the ancient gene expansions! Glad to be on for a live update, too!
I’m loving all of the ancient gene expansions! Glad to be on for a live update, too!
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Rooting for koi or opal to show up.
Rooting for koi or opal to show up.
siggy.png
Oh boy, new genes for Banescales! (Have a nice dinner ~[emoji=gold star size=1])
Oh boy, new genes for Banescales!

(Have a nice dinner ~)
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
These banescale genes were definitely needed. Now I need to rethink my plans for my gen 1 banescales
These banescale genes were definitely needed. Now I need to rethink my plans for my gen 1 banescales
[quote name="Undel" date="2023-05-24 15:25:19" ] Having fun discovering inconsistencies in the rarity of the genes. Looks like bar and daub never shared a rarity despite being a paired gene and the encyclopedia saying that both should have been Uncommon. Though the last 4 ancients had the corrected gene rarity (Uncommon) built in? This will be corrected for the Gaoler and modern dragons on or after July 24, 2023. [/quote] Yes, (Modern) Bar and Daub have always had different rarities since their release in 2014...because the devs decided that's how they wanted them to be. Here's the response players were given from a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1286497][b]Q&A thread[/b][/url] from December 2014: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-12-29 08:52:40" ] [quote] I am really curious as to why Ripple and Bar have different rarity values when breeding than their secondary counterparts Current and Daub? [/quote] [color=#b70000]Because they are not in the same zone, having them be equal chance to be passed on is not an issue; we could decide on an individual basis how we wanted them to compete with existing genes for similar zones.[/color] [/quote] ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1286497/3#post_8163646]source[/url]) Honestly I was kind of suspecting Daub would eventually have its rarity changed based on the fact that Aberrations, Undertides, and the Aether had their Bar and Daub parallel genes as the same rarity, as well as the fact that Current's rarity was changed suddenly back in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2964399#post_2964399][b]January 2021[/b][/url] to match Ripple. And annoying as it is for dragon breeders to have to adjust their pairs now, I do appreciate these genes being changed to have their rarities match each other because this decision was annoying to breeders even back in 2014. And the question of Bar/Daub's and Ripple/Current's mismatching rarities was something that came up a lot [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3231610/1#post_53978679][b]in past breeding rarity guide threads[/b][/url]. But I have to admit that I do find it frustrating that we were told [i]directly by a developer[/i] that Bar/Daub's (and Ripple/Current's) mismatching rarities was not an error. And now suddenly they are. This is why I have stayed away from any discussions of what is considered "consistent" or "inconsistent" when it comes to genes (and particularly their rarities) and have stuck to just documenting. Because apparently when we have a direct statement from a developer confirming something is not an error, it can one day become completely wrong after 9 years. Again, I am not against this change. Ultimately it's the devs' game and they can make whatever changes they see fit. I just wish we didn't have to go [b][i]9 years[/i][/b] before this decision was reversed. But hey, at least newer players won't have to deal with the headache of remembering which gene sets have mismatching rarities anymore.
Undel wrote on 2023-05-24 15:25:19:
Having fun discovering inconsistencies in the rarity of the genes. Looks like bar and daub never shared a rarity despite being a paired gene and the encyclopedia saying that both should have been Uncommon. Though the last 4 ancients had the corrected gene rarity (Uncommon) built in?

This will be corrected for the Gaoler and modern dragons on or after July 24, 2023.

Yes, (Modern) Bar and Daub have always had different rarities since their release in 2014...because the devs decided that's how they wanted them to be.

Here's the response players were given from a Q&A thread from December 2014:

Aequorin wrote on 2014-12-29 08:52:40:
Quote:
I am really curious as to why Ripple and Bar have different rarity values when breeding than their secondary counterparts Current and Daub?

Because they are not in the same zone, having them be equal chance to be passed on is not an issue; we could decide on an individual basis how we wanted them to compete with existing genes for similar zones.
(source)

Honestly I was kind of suspecting Daub would eventually have its rarity changed based on the fact that Aberrations, Undertides, and the Aether had their Bar and Daub parallel genes as the same rarity, as well as the fact that Current's rarity was changed suddenly back in January 2021 to match Ripple. And annoying as it is for dragon breeders to have to adjust their pairs now, I do appreciate these genes being changed to have their rarities match each other because this decision was annoying to breeders even back in 2014. And the question of Bar/Daub's and Ripple/Current's mismatching rarities was something that came up a lot in past breeding rarity guide threads.

But I have to admit that I do find it frustrating that we were told directly by a developer that Bar/Daub's (and Ripple/Current's) mismatching rarities was not an error. And now suddenly they are.

This is why I have stayed away from any discussions of what is considered "consistent" or "inconsistent" when it comes to genes (and particularly their rarities) and have stuck to just documenting. Because apparently when we have a direct statement from a developer confirming something is not an error, it can one day become completely wrong after 9 years.

Again, I am not against this change. Ultimately it's the devs' game and they can make whatever changes they see fit. I just wish we didn't have to go 9 years before this decision was reversed.

But hey, at least newer players won't have to deal with the headache of remembering which gene sets have mismatching rarities anymore.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
whats for dinner!!
whats for dinner!!
i love the arcanist
Did I miss anything? eek!
Did I miss anything? eek!
Brb changing all my banes to tide/foam
Brb changing all my banes to tide/foam
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
LMAO
Just what I wanted, an Upside down Skydancer. Beautiful.
LMAO
Just what I wanted, an Upside down Skydancer. Beautiful.
tumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo2_250.png
Arcane Prism Power, MAKE UP! Fiat lux imagines omnium!
Hooray!!
Hooray!!
vista_noc2.png
Fen
FR+2
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 64 65