Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ribbon Vistas & Ancient Genes
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Wow, backgrounds in new vistas look so idyllic, very cool. [emoji=coatl happy size=1] Also, thank you so much for CAPTCHA improvement, my tired, blind butt might actually make peace with it now!
Wow, backgrounds in new vistas look so idyllic, very cool.

Also, thank you so much for CAPTCHA improvement, my tired, blind butt might actually make peace with it now!
6veVs0O.png4DqQy0d.pngjDH4oZy.pngEYwhnj1.png50Cjsbf.pngB26R2.png .
“Stars, everywhere.
So many stars that I could not for the life of me understand
how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.”
~ P.Watts 'Blindsight'
[quote name="@EmpressSectonia" date="2023-01-20 07:00:38" ] Never heard of Demiguy or Demigirl before. I wish to understand what these kinds of people are. This update is a nice addition to FlightRising, But I'm so broke to even buy even one of these Vistas. [/quote] Those are nonbinary identities! Demi means half so it's literally like, half guy/girl, half something else. There's a lot of different ways to define gender, especially in regards to the array of things being nonbinary can mean for different people, but those labels are some of the more common ones--which I guess is why they were included alongside the general nonbinary one!
@EmpressSectonia wrote on 2023-01-20 07:00:38:
Never heard of Demiguy or Demigirl before. I wish to understand what these kinds of people are. This update is a nice addition to FlightRising, But I'm so broke to even buy even one of these Vistas.
Those are nonbinary identities! Demi means half so it's literally like, half guy/girl, half something else. There's a lot of different ways to define gender, especially in regards to the array of things being nonbinary can mean for different people, but those labels are some of the more common ones--which I guess is why they were included alongside the general nonbinary one!
"Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends."
he/they | early 20s | writer, country boy, Big Nerd
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-01-20 07:55:53" ] actually i believe the reason they reduced the colors originally was because when it was being made by hand it was more difficult for individuals and local groups to make the pink/cyan stripes so they made an alternative version! which ended up becoming the mainstream (read: commercialized) version the question is that the rainbow flag vista and the progress vista aren't using the 6 stripe version - they're leaving out the purple stripe for some reason [/quote] oh sfsdf i actually remember hearing that now that you mention it, now that it's not much an issue anymore though i wish i saw the cyan and pink more often. but yeah, at first i thought "i guess the purple stripes got hidden underneath the twists and knots" but it looks like it isn't even there? it goes from blue to red again. i'm probably not getting a vista regardless since i'm attached to this one but i'm curious
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-01-20 07:55:53:
actually i believe the reason they reduced the colors originally was because when it was being made by hand it was more difficult for individuals and local groups to make the pink/cyan stripes so they made an alternative version! which ended up becoming the mainstream (read: commercialized) version

the question is that the rainbow flag vista and the progress vista aren't using the 6 stripe version - they're leaving out the purple stripe for some reason

oh sfsdf i actually remember hearing that now that you mention it, now that it's not much an issue anymore though i wish i saw the cyan and pink more often.

but yeah, at first i thought "i guess the purple stripes got hidden underneath the twists and knots" but it looks like it isn't even there? it goes from blue to red again. i'm probably not getting a vista regardless since i'm attached to this one but i'm curious
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers

Also, Aequorin, congrats on 6666 posts! Such a visually pleasing number, all that repeating.
These are beautiful and I love them and deeply appreciate the inclusivity.

Also, Aequorin, congrats on 6666 posts! Such a visually pleasing number, all that repeating.
i have never been more happy with these vistas.
i have never been more happy with these vistas.
4886.png certified baby
lovely and very considerate and wholesome update, thank you team :D
lovely and very considerate and wholesome update, thank you team :D
Skin Shop
omg these are super cute! :O
omg these are super cute! :O
QDv44y9.gif
I am so unbelievably excited and pleased about this update, you have no idea. Thank you staff so, so much.
I am so unbelievably excited and pleased about this update, you have no idea. Thank you staff so, so much.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
General curiosity: is there any meaning behind which way the various ribbons are facing, or just artistic decision so they weren't all drawn the same way?

Hopefully since fabric has made an appearance in vistas, we'll get ribbons or scarves to put on our dragons at some point too :)
General curiosity: is there any meaning behind which way the various ribbons are facing, or just artistic decision so they weren't all drawn the same way?

Hopefully since fabric has made an appearance in vistas, we'll get ribbons or scarves to put on our dragons at some point too :)
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
Hooray for pride! And it's not even June!
Hooray for pride! And it's not even June!
uDNAbBS.png
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89