Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Love this! Worldbuilding is the best, especially when it explores more than just conflict. Also, the harpies are so cute!
Love this! Worldbuilding is the best, especially when it explores more than just conflict. Also, the harpies are so cute!
After taking a few years break and coming back to FR fairly recently, I went and glanced at the lore and was surprised to see that it had included themes of colonization in the story, I was mostly here for the dragon art so I hadn't looked too much into it beforehand. It was disappointing to say the least, but I'm glad it got addressed even if it took so long to do it!
After taking a few years break and coming back to FR fairly recently, I went and glanced at the lore and was surprised to see that it had included themes of colonization in the story, I was mostly here for the dragon art so I hadn't looked too much into it beforehand. It was disappointing to say the least, but I'm glad it got addressed even if it took so long to do it!
Ooo, lore! Gotta love lore & worldbuilding!
Ooo, lore! Gotta love lore & worldbuilding!
When worry's never helping, tell me, why, why, worry at all?
a53b2111-a1df-11e9-8792-cdcee464383f.gif
Continuum rift RP
When I started in Arcane when I first started. I had a war with the Beastclans who wanted to take control. My dragons were betrayed from within and the Beastclans were repeled. My dragon Mirage fought Talona to a standstill and Mirage moved to the Light Flight and found The Hidden Valley and created a new Empire called Varrfarrinn.

Would this effect my lore or any other story I made. I hardly ever included the Beastclans in my lore aside from creating the 3 Beastclan Settlements in the Hidden Valley where Beastclans can live in peace. Hopefully with this, I can expand on my current lore and stay true to Canon lore.
When I started in Arcane when I first started. I had a war with the Beastclans who wanted to take control. My dragons were betrayed from within and the Beastclans were repeled. My dragon Mirage fought Talona to a standstill and Mirage moved to the Light Flight and found The Hidden Valley and created a new Empire called Varrfarrinn.

Would this effect my lore or any other story I made. I hardly ever included the Beastclans in my lore aside from creating the 3 Beastclan Settlements in the Hidden Valley where Beastclans can live in peace. Hopefully with this, I can expand on my current lore and stay true to Canon lore.
ZPHN6ju.png
I'd noticed the tone of lore that included Beastclans has changed a lot in recent updates and appreciated that greatly. It's nice to see the entire "beastclans war" premise has been reevaluated as well! it's always felt like an elephant in the room to me, and as an archaeology student it also made the addition of beastclan familiars and things in Arlo's feel...off. I'm glad for this recontextualization and look forward to learning more about the other sophonts in Sornieth!!
I'd noticed the tone of lore that included Beastclans has changed a lot in recent updates and appreciated that greatly. It's nice to see the entire "beastclans war" premise has been reevaluated as well! it's always felt like an elephant in the room to me, and as an archaeology student it also made the addition of beastclan familiars and things in Arlo's feel...off. I'm glad for this recontextualization and look forward to learning more about the other sophonts in Sornieth!!
leo%20pixel.png
Pixels n' Stuff
Animal Crossing Adopts
Adopt a Capricat
My art LAB
[quote name="EmpressSectonia" date="2022-12-15 07:04:05" ] Would this effect my lore or any other story I made. I hardly ever included the Beastclans in my lore aside from creating the 3 Beastclan Settlements in the Hidden Valley where Beastclans can live in peace. Hopefully with this, I can expand on my current lore and stay true to Canon lore. [/quote] @EmpressSectonia site lore is site lore - you're free to make your own lore entirely independent of site lore, as most people do
EmpressSectonia wrote on 2022-12-15 07:04:05:
@EmpressSectonia site lore is site lore - you're free to make your own lore entirely independent of site lore, as most people do
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Wow, that's cool!
Wow, that's cool!
lightning.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.pngoQlTGMl.png
Oh, thank you for this change. I've never really liked the whole dragon vs beastclan part of lore and modified my own clan lore to reflect a more peaceful relationship. I have enjoyed recent Ancient lore that shows dragons and beastclans living and working harmoniously.

There was a rumor going around for a while that Talona and all beastclans in the coli are Shade-controlled, the conflict perpetuated by the being. With the change to harpy lore talking about shadows in the night, I wonder if this rumor will finally be proven true.

"these [vegetable] garnishes are strictly food for the eye, and it is considered bad manners for visitors of other species to consume them with their mouths."

rip tundra dragons
Oh, thank you for this change. I've never really liked the whole dragon vs beastclan part of lore and modified my own clan lore to reflect a more peaceful relationship. I have enjoyed recent Ancient lore that shows dragons and beastclans living and working harmoniously.

There was a rumor going around for a while that Talona and all beastclans in the coli are Shade-controlled, the conflict perpetuated by the being. With the change to harpy lore talking about shadows in the night, I wonder if this rumor will finally be proven true.

"these [vegetable] garnishes are strictly food for the eye, and it is considered bad manners for visitors of other species to consume them with their mouths."

rip tundra dragons
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
Very exciting! <3
Very exciting! <3
tPQuo1n.pngixvHpfr.png
[quote name="yukitsukihana" date="2022-12-15 07:14:16" ] "these [vegetable] garnishes are strictly food for the eye, and it is considered bad manners for visitors of other species to consume them with their mouths." rip tundra dragons [/quote] my actual first thought when I read this as well, was an unsuspecting tundra visitor munching away at the garnish and everyone else just >:O
yukitsukihana wrote on 2022-12-15 07:14:16:

rip tundra dragons

my actual first thought when I read this as well, was an unsuspecting tundra visitor munching away at the garnish and everyone else just >:O
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66