Announcements & News
The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65 66
I'd been noticing how recent lore/events had been giving a more positive view on Beastclans, which (as as big fan of them) I'd appreciated! But I didn't expect an entire revision of previously established lore. Looking forward to seeing more Beastclan content in the future!
I'd been noticing how recent lore/events had been giving a more positive view on Beastclans, which (as as big fan of them) I'd appreciated! But I didn't expect an entire revision of previously established lore. Looking forward to seeing more Beastclan content in the future!
bSqYc4f.png FObX7rS.png

0HBKL8H.png
BDPM8Vp.png
y3yhMwX.png
W4UWvgg.png
Don't be afraid to ping/message me!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ace/Psi/Pop/Keter/Caine - he/they/fae/it - EST Time
7GZL67L.pngYQ325vC.png1606945728871.png6bg3tVz.png
Those new familiars' are [i]beautiful,[/i] and I now must collect all of them. Thank you so much for taking to heart people's worries and concerns over this lore. Looking forward to seeing the update, as well as more from the loveable beastclans' across the sight in the future! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Those new familiars' are beautiful, and I now must collect all of them.

Thank you so much for taking to heart people's worries and concerns over this lore. Looking forward to seeing the update, as well as more from the loveable beastclans' across the sight in the future!
BodY2oF.png
8ugeV0V.png
MLr9Cke.png
eAFcZYW.png
WKlFF60.png
5hF3FGk.png
WvEXipG.png
A35Gt59.png
YMPbu9R.png
Heck yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for forever. Excited to see where this will be taken! [emoji=beastclan rune size=1]
Heck yeah! I've been waiting for something like this for forever. Excited to see where this will be taken!
iceshieldr.png brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
+2 FR Time | She/Her
beastclanshieldl.png
Oh huh interesting.
Oh huh interesting.
smoldarkmatterslimeme.gifsmol_Slime_profile_pic.png
WOO
WOO
VGxuHXT.png
neat!
neat!
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-12-14 10:46:46" ] [size=5][b]An Apology[/b][/size] Many of you have rightly pointed out that the [I]Beastclans on the Rise[/i] setup has several disturbing parallels with colonialism, where colonizers invade indigenous populations and commit violent crimes against humanity in order to steal land and resources from the people who were there before them. With [i]Beastclans on the Rise[/i], we've put players' dragon clans in this role for years, with no acknowledgement of the problematic story communicated to players or way for them to resolve it. It's a dangling plot thread that's gone on for too long. Specifically, a dangling plot thread with harmful implications we never wanted to convey and one that left our players to deal with it on their own. Regardless of our original intent, these implications are harmful, and we owe you an apology. We apologize for the original [i]Beastclans on the Rise[/i] update and our ignorance on the underlying implications. We regret our lack of follow up on the issue for so long. We know that this has concerned and made many of you uncomfortable, and we’re sorry our ignorance negatively impacted your experience with our game.[/quote] i'm so glad this has finally been addressed, i've had a huge problem with it for years and a lot of the player base also chooses to ignore that even if your personal lair's lore doesn't play on it, the site lore is that the dragons are purposely trying to wipe out and steal the land of existing sentient creatures then blaming the beastclans for warring against them!! i'm really really glad this is being addressed finally tbh but it's also one of those things that really shouldn't have taken as long to address as it did. but again at least it's being addressed
Undel wrote on 2022-12-14 10:46:46:

An Apology

Many of you have rightly pointed out that the Beastclans on the Rise setup has several disturbing parallels with colonialism, where colonizers invade indigenous populations and commit violent crimes against humanity in order to steal land and resources from the people who were there before them. With Beastclans on the Rise, we've put players' dragon clans in this role for years, with no acknowledgement of the problematic story communicated to players or way for them to resolve it. It's a dangling plot thread that's gone on for too long. Specifically, a dangling plot thread with harmful implications we never wanted to convey and one that left our players to deal with it on their own. Regardless of our original intent, these implications are harmful, and we owe you an apology.

We apologize for the original Beastclans on the Rise update and our ignorance on the underlying implications. We regret our lack of follow up on the issue for so long. We know that this has concerned and made many of you uncomfortable, and we’re sorry our ignorance negatively impacted your experience with our game.

i'm so glad this has finally been addressed, i've had a huge problem with it for years and a lot of the player base also chooses to ignore that even if your personal lair's lore doesn't play on it, the site lore is that the dragons are purposely trying to wipe out and steal the land of existing sentient creatures then blaming the beastclans for warring against them!!

i'm really really glad this is being addressed finally tbh but it's also one of those things that really shouldn't have taken as long to address as it did. but again at least it's being addressed
41328.png -
cillian | he/they | 28
art shop | adopt shop
hatchery
I am so happy to hear the FR team is willing to rework lore! Thank you so much
I am so happy to hear the FR team is willing to rework lore! Thank you so much
smol_unnamedd.png
Amazing! Thank you!
Amazing! Thank you!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65 66