Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements & Anniversary
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 11:59:27" ] We tried it that way in the legacy system and encountered a lot of issues with achievement toasts not appearing (or appearing late at nearly the same time you might be browsing away from your current page). [/quote] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/402987266403860482/1052317201761325116/achievement_toast.png[/img] @windowsXP gave me this mental image and now I must curse all of you with it.
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-12-13 11:59:27:
We tried it that way in the legacy system and encountered a lot of issues with achievement toasts not appearing (or appearing late at nearly the same time you might be browsing away from your current page).
achievement_toast.png

@windowsXP gave me this mental image and now I must curse all of you with it.
She/They
Transfem
Demiromantic
Polyamorous
Bi Lesbian
Forum button thread
Flight Rising Discord Thread
Pixel commission by NeosiAxiom
Thank you team! Really excited for the achievement system return.
Thank you team! Really excited for the achievement system return.
» Ping friendly
................................................................. Bb8deOg.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 12:07:24" ] [quote name="CatInDisguise" date="2022-12-13 00:55:20" ] Super excited for the return!! Question - are the currents going to be clan-locked, or will they be tradable? [/quote] The achievement currency will be an account-level value like treasure and gems and the current plan is that it will be shown up in the top-right player module, replacing the icon and value that show your clan's dragon count. Those of you that have been around for awhile may remember that this is where achievement [i]point[/i] totals used to live, so we're more or less returning it to that slot. A couple caveats: [LIST] [*]The achievement [i]currency[/i] total will only show privately to you. [*]In the forums and on your Clan Profile (just below your avatar), your achievement [i]points[/i] total will be visible to other players. [/LIST] [/quote] That's good to know it shows differently! However, I think they were asking if the currency itself can be traded, like t/g or fest currency, or if it's locked like clanbound items. c:
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-12-13 12:07:24:
CatInDisguise wrote on 2022-12-13 00:55:20:
Super excited for the return!! Question - are the currents going to be clan-locked, or will they be tradable?

The achievement currency will be an account-level value like treasure and gems and the current plan is that it will be shown up in the top-right player module, replacing the icon and value that show your clan's dragon count. Those of you that have been around for awhile may remember that this is where achievement point totals used to live, so we're more or less returning it to that slot.

A couple caveats:
  • The achievement currency total will only show privately to you.
  • In the forums and on your Clan Profile (just below your avatar), your achievement points total will be visible to other players.

That's good to know it shows differently! However, I think they were asking if the currency itself can be traded, like t/g or fest currency, or if it's locked like clanbound items. c:
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
[quote name="Catfeather" date="2022-12-13 12:23:09" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 12:07:24" ] [quote name="CatInDisguise" date="2022-12-13 00:55:20" ] Super excited for the return!! Question - are the currents going to be clan-locked, or will they be tradable? [/quote] The achievement currency will be an account-level value like treasure and gems and the current plan is that it will be shown up in the top-right player module, replacing the icon and value that show your clan's dragon count. Those of you that have been around for awhile may remember that this is where achievement [i]point[/i] totals used to live, so we're more or less returning it to that slot. A couple caveats: [LIST] [*]The achievement [i]currency[/i] total will only show privately to you. [*]In the forums and on your Clan Profile (just below your avatar), your achievement [i]points[/i] total will be visible to other players. [/LIST] [/quote] That's good to know it shows differently! However, I think they were asking if the currency itself can be traded, like t/g or fest currency, or if it's locked like clanbound items. c: [/quote] Sorry, forgot that important part: the currency will not be tradeable - it's intended to be a personal stash for your personal accomplishments.
Catfeather wrote on 2022-12-13 12:23:09:
Super excited for the return!! Question - are the currents going to be clan-locked, or will they be tradable?

The achievement currency will be an account-level value like treasure and gems and the current plan is that it will be shown up in the top-right player module, replacing the icon and value that show your clan's dragon count. Those of you that have been around for awhile may remember that this is where achievement point totals used to live, so we're more or less returning it to that slot.

A couple caveats:
  • In the forums and on your Clan Profile (just below your avatar), your achievement points total will be visible to other players.

That's good to know it shows differently! However, I think they were asking if the currency itself can be traded, like t/g or fest currency, or if it's locked like clanbound items. c:

Sorry, forgot that important part: the currency will not be tradeable - it's intended to be a personal stash for your personal accomplishments.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 12:31:41" ] Sorry, forgot that important part: the currency will not be tradeable - it's intended to be a personal stash for your personal accomplishments. [/quote] Thanks! I'm sure everyone's opinions will vary, but I kinda like that. Feels like less pressure to collect it, and more of a fun bonus that way. ^^
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-12-13 12:31:41:
Sorry, forgot that important part: the currency will not be tradeable - it's intended to be a personal stash for your personal accomplishments.

Thanks!

I'm sure everyone's opinions will vary, but I kinda like that. Feels like less pressure to collect it, and more of a fun bonus that way. ^^
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
FINALLY THEY’RE COMING BACK!! YEEAAAH!!

Also, I’ve wanted to ask a question regarding the rewards: will the items available to trade for points be entirely new items, older items (not KS items, of course), or a mixture of the two?
FINALLY THEY’RE COMING BACK!! YEEAAAH!!

Also, I’ve wanted to ask a question regarding the rewards: will the items available to trade for points be entirely new items, older items (not KS items, of course), or a mixture of the two?
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 12:31:41" ] [quote name="Catfeather" date="2022-12-13 12:23:09" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 12:07:24" ] [quote name="CatInDisguise" date="2022-12-13 00:55:20" ] Super excited for the return!! Question - are the currents going to be clan-locked, or will they be tradable? [/quote] The achievement currency will be an account-level value like treasure and gems and the current plan is that it will be shown up in the top-right player module, replacing the icon and value that show your clan's dragon count. Those of you that have been around for awhile may remember that this is where achievement [i]point[/i] totals used to live, so we're more or less returning it to that slot. A couple caveats: [LIST] [*]The achievement [i]currency[/i] total will only show privately to you. [*]In the forums and on your Clan Profile (just below your avatar), your achievement [i]points[/i] total will be visible to other players. [/LIST] [/quote] That's good to know it shows differently! However, I think they were asking if the currency itself can be traded, like t/g or fest currency, or if it's locked like clanbound items. c: [/quote] Sorry, forgot that important part: the currency will not be tradeable - it's intended to be a personal stash for your personal accomplishments. [/quote] Oh this then makes me wonder if the items you can get using said currency will also be clanbound.
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-12-13 12:31:41:
Catfeather wrote on 2022-12-13 12:23:09:

A couple caveats:

Oh this then makes me wonder if the items you can get using said currency will also be clanbound.
eP65k0J.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-13 12:07:24" ] [quote name="CatInDisguise" date="2022-12-13 00:55:20" ] Super excited for the return!! Question - are the currents going to be clan-locked, or will they be tradable? [/quote] The achievement currency will be an account-level value like treasure and gems and the current plan is that it will be shown up in the top-right player module, replacing the icon and value that show your clan's dragon count. Those of you that have been around for awhile may remember that this is where achievement [i]point[/i] totals used to live, so we're more or less returning it to that slot. A couple caveats: [LIST] [*]The achievement [i]currency[/i] total will only show privately to you. [*]In the forums and on your Clan Profile (just below your avatar), your achievement [i]points[/i] total will be visible to other players. [/LIST] [/quote] will the dragon total be moved somewhere else?

A couple caveats:

will the dragon total be moved somewhere else?
MUYNhfy.png
feXtM27.png
J7D1quC.png
P6XJEHx.png
xH03512.png WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
TW8ViqF.png
"Q: Can I play all day normally, and then visit the achievements page to collect rewards for what I've done?

A: Yes—this is exactly how we want the system to be. You shouldn't need to "start" or "activate" anything. Just play! "

i'm very excited about this part. There's nothing more frustrating than forgetting to 'activate' a daily quest type action when you've already been doing all those things. I never never never remember them!
"Q: Can I play all day normally, and then visit the achievements page to collect rewards for what I've done?

A: Yes—this is exactly how we want the system to be. You shouldn't need to "start" or "activate" anything. Just play! "

i'm very excited about this part. There's nothing more frustrating than forgetting to 'activate' a daily quest type action when you've already been doing all those things. I never never never remember them!
e886e4ae1e710956999ed44634cc8773e1ddf3be.png
[/center]
I have a question, would the currency be clan locked? Would you be able to sell it on the AH?
I have a question, would the currency be clan locked? Would you be able to sell it on the AH?
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales

Buy!
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41 42