Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21
I think I'm probably in the minority but I don't mind the cycled items. I don't think that the FR staff is being greedy by doing so either. Items being released like this does generate interest, the Undel said.

Also a reminder that they dont' run the site for money, they're probably not making much to begin with, so I think it's pretty scummy for people to accuse the team of greed.

Woo welcome back WC's! You've been missed
I think I'm probably in the minority but I don't mind the cycled items. I don't think that the FR staff is being greedy by doing so either. Items being released like this does generate interest, the Undel said.

Also a reminder that they dont' run the site for money, they're probably not making much to begin with, so I think it's pretty scummy for people to accuse the team of greed.

Woo welcome back WC's! You've been missed
heyZH2H.png
9R2Unq1.png
mjtJ868.png
wh3Tiip.png
RtSltil.png
YMPbu9R.png

Welcome to the Forgotten Gale. Every dragon that joins the Gale forgets their past memories and gets new ones, how odd... Click the Lore button to learn more
uz2jkLP.png
A little bit upset things like the daredevil covers get cycled out with such little warning :( the fact that things cycle in so rarely is ridiculous.
A little bit upset things like the daredevil covers get cycled out with such little warning :( the fact that things cycle in so rarely is ridiculous.
HX0RiC0.png
@Squidily

I understand that, but it also feels unfair to the people who have no means to get gems without busting their bank.

I and many others have to simply earn gems via sales of fodder or pricey items.

Not everybody can afford a 50-100 buck bundle of gems due to a multitude of reasons. Either they can't ever work, like in my case, they aren't financially stable, are still underage by a year before they can look for a steady job, PayPal can be very scummy with high amounts of cash- there's a lot of factors that make people unable to purchase gems

I'm not being rude here, I'm just stating the obvious
@Squidily

I understand that, but it also feels unfair to the people who have no means to get gems without busting their bank.

Not everybody can afford a 50-100 buck bundle of gems due to a multitude of reasons. Either they can't ever work, like in my case, they aren't financially stable, are still underage by a year before they can look for a steady job, PayPal can be very scummy with high amounts of cash- there's a lot of factors that make people unable to purchase gems

For participation in Thursday oof water raffle
VzoJada.png
Why the eye covers though :(

Also I feel like it's really not a good idea to cycle a quite popular item :/ Given we only get this stuff once a year.
Why the eye covers though :(

Also I feel like it's really not a good idea to cycle a quite popular item :/ Given we only get this stuff once a year.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="Seriphynna" date="2022-11-28 05:02:55" ] I understand that, but it also feels unfair to the people who have no means to get gems without busting their bank. I and many others have to simply earn gems via sales of fodder or pricey items. Not everybody can afford a 50-100 buck bundle of gems due to a multitude of reasons. Either they can't ever work, like in my case, they aren't financially stable, are still underage by a year before they can look for a steady job, PayPal can be very scummy with high amounts of cash- there's a lot of factors that make people unable to purchase gems I'm not being rude here, I'm just stating the obvious [/quote] @Seriphynna Thanks for your input! /gen /nm Oh I'm aware of the struggles of people to earn gems, most of the time I'm one of them! CAD to USD is crazy, and as a minimum wage worker attending college, I am not in the place to spend large amounts either. However, perhaps it's just because I save my gems often or don't have a desire for most of the items but I don't generally mind it. The site [i]does[/i] need to make money in some way, and this is a good way to encourage gem purchases. Again as Undel said, this type of event does generate user interest - for better or for worse. I really can't afford a 50-100 dollar bundle either, especially with CAD to USD prices. So I save my gems like crazy lol, at least all the items are obtainable in some regard (albeit with a large amount of work). I save because I know that this is coming at least once a year. I also don't believe that you were being rude. /nm I do think a 3 month (or maybe twice a year, to still generate interest?) would be a good way to cycle things through, that way it's a tad more reliable. Perhaps the way they're cycling out some of the other items isn't the best move, I'm on the fence about those. I don't buy them enough to have an opinion on those.
Seriphynna wrote on 2022-11-28 05:02:55:

@Seriphynna Thanks for your input! /gen /nm

Oh I'm aware of the struggles of people to earn gems, most of the time I'm one of them! CAD to USD is crazy, and as a minimum wage worker attending college, I am not in the place to spend large amounts either. However, perhaps it's just because I save my gems often or don't have a desire for most of the items but I don't generally mind it. The site does need to make money in some way, and this is a good way to encourage gem purchases. Again as Undel said, this type of event does generate user interest - for better or for worse.

I really can't afford a 50-100 dollar bundle either, especially with CAD to USD prices. So I save my gems like crazy lol, at least all the items are obtainable in some regard (albeit with a large amount of work). I save because I know that this is coming at least once a year.

I also don't believe that you were being rude. /nm

I do think a 3 month (or maybe twice a year, to still generate interest?) would be a good way to cycle things through, that way it's a tad more reliable. Perhaps the way they're cycling out some of the other items isn't the best move, I'm on the fence about those. I don't buy them enough to have an opinion on those.
heyZH2H.png
9R2Unq1.png
mjtJ868.png
wh3Tiip.png
RtSltil.png
YMPbu9R.png

Welcome to the Forgotten Gale. Every dragon that joins the Gale forgets their past memories and gets new ones, how odd... Click the Lore button to learn more
uz2jkLP.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-11-28 01:49:20" ] Our apparel tabs are 20 pages deep in the gem marketplace, and we decided to add some of the apparel from the first year of FR to the cycle this year so that we can keep things fresh. We targeted the apparel tab specifically because of how many items are in it. [/quote] Genes tab is so crowded that it's getting harder and harder to navigate. Any chance of separating modern and ancient scrolls since this is apparently a concern now?
Undel wrote on 2022-11-28 01:49:20:
Our apparel tabs are 20 pages deep in the gem marketplace, and we decided to add some of the apparel from the first year of FR to the cycle this year so that we can keep things fresh. We targeted the apparel tab specifically because of how many items are in it.

Genes tab is so crowded that it's getting harder and harder to navigate. Any chance of separating modern and ancient scrolls since this is apparently a concern now?
Looks at WC projects. Yay.

Looks at wallet...

Fudge....

I'm gonna get at least one... I need it
Looks at WC projects. Yay.

Looks at wallet...

Fudge....

I'm gonna get at least one... I need it
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Bilingual English / Polish
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
@Squidily Thank you for being understanding. What worries me is, as mentioned earlier in the thread, scalping. People seriously have made finding anything hard. Some newer umas get flipped from 500g to up to over 1000g. It's annoying to find stuff you want just to see the prices be way too high. Now for the Kickstarter stuff that isn't gonna get you in trouble, I understand a tiny bit. But gilded crowns are a million gems every time I check. If that isn't scalping, I don't know what is.

Literally, even some fest skins get put up high when they only cost 35kt in most cases...

I had bought skins that were easily 100-200 gems when they are cheaper during release via event such as fests. And I've had to sell them lower just to make people happy while getting a tiny profit back.

Edit: I think the KS crowns were taken off AH market?
@Squidily Thank you for being understanding. What worries me is, as mentioned earlier in the thread, scalping. People seriously have made finding anything hard. Some newer umas get flipped from 500g to up to over 1000g. It's annoying to find stuff you want just to see the prices be way too high. Now for the Kickstarter stuff that isn't gonna get you in trouble, I understand a tiny bit. But gilded crowns are a million gems every time I check. If that isn't scalping, I don't know what is.

Literally, even some fest skins get put up high when they only cost 35kt in most cases...

I had bought skins that were easily 100-200 gems when they are cheaper during release via event such as fests. And I've had to sell them lower just to make people happy while getting a tiny profit back.

Edit: I think the KS crowns were taken off AH market?
For participation in Thursday oof water raffle
VzoJada.png
So excited to see the WC scrolls cycle back in to finally replenish my stock and finish this guy! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81478579][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/814786/81478579_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
So excited to see the WC scrolls cycle back in to finally replenish my stock and finish this guy!
81478579_350.png
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Sweet!
Sweet!
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21