Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21
Shuffling items to a once a year sale isn't fresh, it's outright annoying. Perhaps making it a predictable once a month thing- maybe the first Saturday of every month or something- with cyber Monday being the week long one to compliment the gem bonus would probably make people far less bitter about it.

And this is me compromisng. I'd much rather you don't do it at all.
Shuffling items to a once a year sale isn't fresh, it's outright annoying. Perhaps making it a predictable once a month thing- maybe the first Saturday of every month or something- with cyber Monday being the week long one to compliment the gem bonus would probably make people far less bitter about it.

15gb95M.gif
Any pronoun|FR +0|I like dragons
5qSZZX6.gif
[center][emoji=wildclaw size=1][emoji=wildclaw size=1][emoji=wildclaw size=1]!!![/center]
!!!
7tMicCL.png
I feel like I'm in the minority here when I say I don't mind the cycling out of items. Not everything has to be available all the time, I can wait to finish my projects. And it's not too bad for business either I'm guessing. Aaanyway look who all got scrolled finally! [s]Might buy a few more scrolls, I'm drowning in WC projects whoops[/s] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43477908][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/434780/43477908_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68280745][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/682808/68280745_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74531803][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/745319/74531803_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77145339][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/771454/77145339_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79348354][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793484/79348354_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I feel like I'm in the minority here when I say I don't mind the cycling out of items. Not everything has to be available all the time, I can wait to finish my projects. And it's not too bad for business either I'm guessing.

Aaanyway look who all got scrolled finally! Might buy a few more scrolls, I'm drowning in WC projects whoops
43477908_350.png
68280745_350.png
74531803_350.png
77145339_350.png
79348354_350.png
DWdSW9T.png
• Cas
• He/Him
• FR+10
• Adoptables
• Accents
16441.png1013.png21373.png7888.png
I have another thing to add, and with all due respect to staff, 7 days of the chance of getting your hands on some goodies depending on finances (IRL or in-game) out of 365 days in a year is kind of ridiculous. If the problem lies in crowding of the apparel tab in the gem MP, maybe making more tabs could help? Sort them by year or something, it'd be simple enough for people to figure out, and there would be less clutter.

I understand cycling out the apparel dated in appearance - but that doesn't explain why apparel that doesn't fit that criteria (Silver Sylvan set, Pastel Lace set) were added to the pool of cycling items.

I admit, I've spent an unwise amount of money on gems on this site over the years. I'm certain plenty of others do as well. There's a better way to go about doing this. Keeping a regular cycling schedule that isn't a pitiful amount of time each year would be well and good. Better would be to stop taking away apparel people adore and regularly use. The current system also allows scalping to take place, which could potentially mean loss in gem sales as they make more off it than they purchased it for. (On the flip side it could mean someone would buy gems to afford it, but I digress. A problem is still present.)

And frankly I still stand by Wildclaw and Coatl scrolls taking turns cycling each year at least. People would still rush to get either when they return due to projects that require either. And with Wildclaws in particular, their "premium breed" status makes most scrolls go toward special g1s (I am no exception), and reduces the amount of Wildclaws in the site population that aren't g1s that also aren't often being bred. (Love that none/none aesthetic too, again I'm no exception.) Additionally, it makes it painful or feel like a waste not to use the scrolls on "trophy" sorts of dragons because of the scarcity of them. I've got one scrolled Wildclaw that's still around because of that sunk cost.

Also, Wildclaws are nature's only breed. Fire also only has Coatls as far as moderns go, but nature shouldn't have to wait for one set week and one potential spontaneous week each year for their only breed.

I mean no disrespect at all. I'm just another frustrated player is all, and these things make me wonder if buying gems is actually all that good a decision. I'm also passionate about trying to express these things because this site is one of special interests that even overlaps with my other one - I really mean it when I say I mean no disrespect. (Thank you to anyone who actually read this text wall, I'm a pretty verbose guy with this sort of thing.)
I have another thing to add, and with all due respect to staff, 7 days of the chance of getting your hands on some goodies depending on finances (IRL or in-game) out of 365 days in a year is kind of ridiculous. If the problem lies in crowding of the apparel tab in the gem MP, maybe making more tabs could help? Sort them by year or something, it'd be simple enough for people to figure out, and there would be less clutter.

I understand cycling out the apparel dated in appearance - but that doesn't explain why apparel that doesn't fit that criteria (Silver Sylvan set, Pastel Lace set) were added to the pool of cycling items.

I admit, I've spent an unwise amount of money on gems on this site over the years. I'm certain plenty of others do as well. There's a better way to go about doing this. Keeping a regular cycling schedule that isn't a pitiful amount of time each year would be well and good. Better would be to stop taking away apparel people adore and regularly use. The current system also allows scalping to take place, which could potentially mean loss in gem sales as they make more off it than they purchased it for. (On the flip side it could mean someone would buy gems to afford it, but I digress. A problem is still present.)

And frankly I still stand by Wildclaw and Coatl scrolls taking turns cycling each year at least. People would still rush to get either when they return due to projects that require either. And with Wildclaws in particular, their "premium breed" status makes most scrolls go toward special g1s (I am no exception), and reduces the amount of Wildclaws in the site population that aren't g1s that also aren't often being bred. (Love that none/none aesthetic too, again I'm no exception.) Additionally, it makes it painful or feel like a waste not to use the scrolls on "trophy" sorts of dragons because of the scarcity of them. I've got one scrolled Wildclaw that's still around because of that sunk cost.

Also, Wildclaws are nature's only breed. Fire also only has Coatls as far as moderns go, but nature shouldn't have to wait for one set week and one potential spontaneous week each year for their only breed.

I mean no disrespect at all. I'm just another frustrated player is all, and these things make me wonder if buying gems is actually all that good a decision. I'm also passionate about trying to express these things because this site is one of special interests that even overlaps with my other one - I really mean it when I say I mean no disrespect. (Thank you to anyone who actually read this text wall, I'm a pretty verbose guy with this sort of thing.)
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
Just curious, how come the daredevil covers, masques, lamps, etc. Are cycling out ?

EDIT: read back through the thread and its because the gem mp apparel is crowded?? uhm. you could just add more tabs? I mean since there's filters now having 20+ pages of apparel doesn't seem like an issue to me. Not going to lie, it seems like a cheap way to get people to spend IRL cash fast before the stuff is gone and I'm a little disappointed to see it. :/
Just curious, how come the daredevil covers, masques, lamps, etc. Are cycling out ?

EDIT: read back through the thread and its because the gem mp apparel is crowded?? uhm. you could just add more tabs? I mean since there's filters now having 20+ pages of apparel doesn't seem like an issue to me. Not going to lie, it seems like a cheap way to get people to spend IRL cash fast before the stuff is gone and I'm a little disappointed to see it. :/
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
If these Items must be cycled (wich I really dislike along with a lot of people here) why not make it ever two or three months instead of once a year?

I am unable to get my hands on the Items that I want for multiple years now because of finances. I will miss out this year too. I cannot afford it. And for them gems that I do have, they are already planned for something else so even if I could scrape enough gems together... I still cannot buy the items for yet another year.

If these Items must be cycled (wich I really dislike along with a lot of people here) why not make it ever two or three months instead of once a year?

I am unable to get my hands on the Items that I want for multiple years now because of finances. I will miss out this year too. I cannot afford it. And for them gems that I do have, they are already planned for something else so even if I could scrape enough gems together... I still cannot buy the items for yet another year.

He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
[quote name="Ssevora" date="2022-11-28 03:17:14" ] Shuffling items to a once a year sale isn't fresh, it's outright annoying. Perhaps making it a predictable once a month thing- maybe the first Saturday of every month or something- with cyber Monday being the week long one to compliment the gem bonus would probably make people far less bitter about it. And this is me compromisng. I'd much rather you don't do it at all. [/quote] Agreed, I do think this is a neat idea as well. Players will be more aware when something is coming and prepare more accordingly, somewhat like the monthly elemental festivals, which happen at the end of every month.
Ssevora wrote on 2022-11-28 03:17:14:

Agreed, I do think this is a neat idea as well. Players will be more aware when something is coming and prepare more accordingly, somewhat like the monthly elemental festivals, which happen at the end of every month.
rYp8BR7.pngapBZyIl.pngold-oaks-2.pngmkyCRvi.png
Friendly reminder these cycled items are still incredibly scummy feeling and should probably be available for more than 1-2 random weeks out of the year
Friendly reminder these cycled items are still incredibly scummy feeling and should probably be available for more than 1-2 random weeks out of the year
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
As promised, getting a pack! Good job, Staff, here's for another year. I'd really love to see some happy hours in which we can buy Gem stuff at a slight discount, tho! I think people would be thrilled to get them at a cheaper price while also prompted to buy Gems.
As promised, getting a pack! Good job, Staff, here's for another year. I'd really love to see some happy hours in which we can buy Gem stuff at a slight discount, tho! I think people would be thrilled to get them at a cheaper price while also prompted to buy Gems.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
They're doing it because FOMO sells. People will buy them because of the limited time period they're available, even if there are complaints.
They're doing it because FOMO sells. People will buy them because of the limited time period they're available, even if there are complaints.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21