Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
Yipee! Though I spent my gems on undertide stuff so rip lol
Yipee! Though I spent my gems on undertide stuff so rip lol
YAYYYYYYY WC SCROLLS!
YAYYYYYYY WC SCROLLS!
hu72dVR.png
Woooo yay!!
Woooo yay!!
Rat ~ They/them ~ Wishlist
:0 yay wc scrolls!!
:0 yay wc scrolls!!
nBUwvfz.png
15ovz7K.png
q9EEy5M.png
WKtl2lb.png
Coliseum services
Commissions
I'm very sad to see the Daredevil Covers go :( Cycled items are way too unpredictable for me.
I'm very sad to see the Daredevil Covers go :( Cycled items are way too unpredictable for me.
9+ FR Time........................................................................................

IIfWx76.png
[quote name="subconscious" date="2022-11-28 00:46:35" ] ...Okay, but why cycle even more apparel out? It wouldn't be as annoying if there was a consistent schedule for them to cycle back in more than just once a year, or once a set time and then another time at random. Half the apparel cycling out hardly looks dated, either. [/quote] Hard agree. I feel like there's probably some plan of improving the process behind it, but I hate how much it feels like a cash grab right now, like a 'Hey look we're taking your favorite stuff! Take advantage of this convenient sale to get some before it's gone!' Is the entire gem marketplace eventually going to be a one-week-a-year exclusive event? Am I going to have to painstakingly try to save thousands of gems and sit on unfinished projects for ages until November every year? Not gonna lie I'm kinda upset thinking about that possibility. If scrolls of eternal youth start cycling I might actually quit the game altogether tbh.
subconscious wrote on 2022-11-28 00:46:35:
...Okay, but why cycle even more apparel out? It wouldn't be as annoying if there was a consistent schedule for them to cycle back in more than just once a year, or once a set time and then another time at random. Half the apparel cycling out hardly looks dated, either.

Hard agree. I feel like there's probably some plan of improving the process behind it, but I hate how much it feels like a cash grab right now, like a 'Hey look we're taking your favorite stuff! Take advantage of this convenient sale to get some before it's gone!'

Is the entire gem marketplace eventually going to be a one-week-a-year exclusive event? Am I going to have to painstakingly try to save thousands of gems and sit on unfinished projects for ages until November every year? Not gonna lie I'm kinda upset thinking about that possibility. If scrolls of eternal youth start cycling I might actually quit the game altogether tbh.
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
WILDCLAW SCROLLS ARE IN!!
WILDCLAW SCROLLS ARE IN!!
8YFDEep.png
[quote name="DragonsMythos" date="2022-11-28 01:09:54" ] Hard agree. I feel like there's probably some plan of improving the process behind it, but I hate how much it feels like a cash grab right now, like a 'Hey look we're taking your favorite stuff! Take advantage of this convenient sale to get some before it's gone!' Is the entire gem marketplace eventually going to be a one-week-a-year exclusive event? Am I going to have to painstakingly try to save thousands of gems and sit on unfinished projects for ages until November every year? Not gonna lie I'm kinda upset thinking about that possibility. If scrolls of eternal youth start cycling I might actually quit the game altogether tbh. [/quote] I also feel like it's exploitation of FOMO (fear of missing out) especially since a lot of these apparel items cycling out more recently are ones still pretty commonly used. Like if the reason was that the apparel was just dated, why is the Silver Sylvan set cycled out? Same with the Pastel Lace set - that one isn't my favorite, but it still doesn't look dated like, say, the Masques, Goldslab set, and...really most of what was already cycled out, even though plenty is still used! (Like I love the pendants!!) Like what do we need to worry about cycling out next?? I especially can't imagine the Black Aviator set cycling out going well. (Also, I think the non-g1 wildclaw population on the site could benefit from regular cycling. Heck if it HAS to be just one modern gem breed in the gem mp at any given time, maybe let wildclaws and coatls take turns?? Like at [i]least[/i] give us that.)
DragonsMythos wrote on 2022-11-28 01:09:54:
Hard agree. I feel like there's probably some plan of improving the process behind it, but I hate how much it feels like a cash grab right now, like a 'Hey look we're taking your favorite stuff! Take advantage of this convenient sale to get some before it's gone!'

Is the entire gem marketplace eventually going to be a one-week-a-year exclusive event? Am I going to have to painstakingly try to save thousands of gems and sit on unfinished projects for ages until November every year? Not gonna lie I'm kinda upset thinking about that possibility. If scrolls of eternal youth start cycling I might actually quit the game altogether tbh.

I also feel like it's exploitation of FOMO (fear of missing out) especially since a lot of these apparel items cycling out more recently are ones still pretty commonly used. Like if the reason was that the apparel was just dated, why is the Silver Sylvan set cycled out? Same with the Pastel Lace set - that one isn't my favorite, but it still doesn't look dated like, say, the Masques, Goldslab set, and...really most of what was already cycled out, even though plenty is still used! (Like I love the pendants!!)

Like what do we need to worry about cycling out next?? I especially can't imagine the Black Aviator set cycling out going well.

(Also, I think the non-g1 wildclaw population on the site could benefit from regular cycling. Heck if it HAS to be just one modern gem breed in the gem mp at any given time, maybe let wildclaws and coatls take turns?? Like at least give us that.)
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
[quote name="subconscious" date="2022-11-28 01:19:49" ] I also feel like it's exploitation of FOMO (fear of missing out) especially since a lot of these apparel items cycling out more recently are ones still pretty commonly used. Like if the reason was that the apparel was just dated, why is the Silver Sylvan set cycled out? Same with the Pastel Lace set - that one isn't my favorite, but it still doesn't look dated like, say, the Masques, Goldslab set, and...really most of what was already cycled out, even though plenty is still used! (Like I love the pendants!!) Like what do we need to worry about cycling out next?? I especially can't imagine the Black Aviator set cycling out going well. (Also, I think the non-g1 wildclaw population on the site could benefit from regular cycling. Heck if it HAS to be just one modern gem breed in the gem mp at any given time, maybe let wildclaws and coatls take turns?? Like at [i]least[/i] give us that.) [/quote] [i]Yeah[/i] FOMO is killing me right now. I was super excited to buy some stuff for projects this week after selling a few toxin genes, but now I'm feeling the anxiety kick in that I should buy some of those birds and an extra scarf if I can Just In Case. Also yeah, non-G1 wildclaws have it rough. The only wildclaws in my lair that I've scrolled are g2+, and it was absolute suffering every time I scrolled one. I love them to death though. Also did they mention that the stuff cycling out would be purely older stuff? I don't remember seeing that anywhere so I'm really curious about that. :o Regardless, if a ton of stuff leaves each year, that's still going to leave a painfully empty gem MP just a few years down the line (and all the pain of saving thousands of gems to sit on until November comes each year as well)
subconscious wrote on 2022-11-28 01:19:49:
I also feel like it's exploitation of FOMO (fear of missing out) especially since a lot of these apparel items cycling out more recently are ones still pretty commonly used. Like if the reason was that the apparel was just dated, why is the Silver Sylvan set cycled out? Same with the Pastel Lace set - that one isn't my favorite, but it still doesn't look dated like, say, the Masques, Goldslab set, and...really most of what was already cycled out, even though plenty is still used! (Like I love the pendants!!)

Like what do we need to worry about cycling out next?? I especially can't imagine the Black Aviator set cycling out going well.

(Also, I think the non-g1 wildclaw population on the site could benefit from regular cycling. Heck if it HAS to be just one modern gem breed in the gem mp at any given time, maybe let wildclaws and coatls take turns?? Like at least give us that.)

Yeah FOMO is killing me right now. I was super excited to buy some stuff for projects this week after selling a few toxin genes, but now I'm feeling the anxiety kick in that I should buy some of those birds and an extra scarf if I can Just In Case.

Also yeah, non-G1 wildclaws have it rough. The only wildclaws in my lair that I've scrolled are g2+, and it was absolute suffering every time I scrolled one. I love them to death though.

Also did they mention that the stuff cycling out would be purely older stuff? I don't remember seeing that anywhere so I'm really curious about that. :o
Regardless, if a ton of stuff leaves each year, that's still going to leave a painfully empty gem MP just a few years down the line (and all the pain of saving thousands of gems to sit on until November comes each year as well)
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
[quote name="subconscious" date="2022-11-28 01:19:49" ] [quote name="DragonsMythos" date="2022-11-28 01:09:54" ] Hard agree. I feel like there's probably some plan of improving the process behind it, but I hate how much it feels like a cash grab right now, like a 'Hey look we're taking your favorite stuff! Take advantage of this convenient sale to get some before it's gone!' Is the entire gem marketplace eventually going to be a one-week-a-year exclusive event? Am I going to have to painstakingly try to save thousands of gems and sit on unfinished projects for ages until November every year? Not gonna lie I'm kinda upset thinking about that possibility. If scrolls of eternal youth start cycling I might actually quit the game altogether tbh. [/quote] I also feel like it's exploitation of FOMO (fear of missing out) especially since a lot of these apparel items cycling out more recently are ones still pretty commonly used. Like if the reason was that the apparel was just dated, why is the Silver Sylvan set cycled out? Same with the Pastel Lace set - that one isn't my favorite, but it still doesn't look dated like, say, the Masques, Goldslab set, and...really most of what was already cycled out, even though plenty is still used! (Like I love the pendants!!) Like what do we need to worry about cycling out next?? I especially can't imagine the Black Aviator set cycling out going well. (Also, I think the non-g1 wildclaw population on the site could benefit from regular cycling. Heck if it HAS to be just one modern gem breed in the gem mp at any given time, maybe let wildclaws and coatls take turns?? Like at [i]least[/i] give us that.) [/quote] Okay, yeah I kind of agree with this, if the items look super dated, then that's fine, but yeah, I don't see anything dated with the current apparels they want to cycle out. Also agree with subconscious, it would be fun to see the coatl scrolls and wildclaw scrolls get switched out every other year, rather than having them be available for only one year a week. It would definitely benefit users with long-term projects rather than having to spend everything and anything to get their hands on one, so they don't have to wait another year. Plus, it's something fresh and something to look forward to rather than stress about
subconscious wrote on 2022-11-28 01:19:49:
DragonsMythos wrote on 2022-11-28 01:09:54:

Okay, yeah I kind of agree with this, if the items look super dated, then that's fine, but yeah, I don't see anything dated with the current apparels they want to cycle out.

Also agree with subconscious, it would be fun to see the coatl scrolls and wildclaw scrolls get switched out every other year, rather than having them be available for only one year a week. It would definitely benefit users with long-term projects rather than having to spend everything and anything to get their hands on one, so they don't have to wait another year. Plus, it's something fresh and something to look forward to rather than stress about
rYp8BR7.pngapBZyIl.pngold-oaks-2.pngmkyCRvi.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21