Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: 2022 Goals
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
hot dang you guys have been doing double the work this whole time???

may I offer you some tea and a warm hug???

Best of luck with your endeavors
hot dang you guys have been doing double the work this whole time???

may I offer you some tea and a warm hug???

Best of luck with your endeavors
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
[quote name="Veyo" date="2022-01-10 13:08:13" ] [quote]Can you tell us what exactly is left to be refactored. I know the Nesting Grounds, but is there anything else?[/quote] Yea, I'd also like to know what features are actually getting revamped and which are not. I have no idea how to contextualize this announcement. [/quote] ^^^ This. Like thanks for the communication but this update is entirely too vague to know what exactly is getting put on hold. I get you guys don't wanna outright tell us but it leaves us without context.
Veyo wrote on 2022-01-10 13:08:13:
Quote:
Can you tell us what exactly is left to be refactored. I know the Nesting Grounds, but is there anything else?

Yea, I'd also like to know what features are actually getting revamped and which are not. I have no idea how to contextualize this announcement.
^^^
This. Like thanks for the communication but this update is entirely too vague to know what exactly is getting put on hold. I get you guys don't wanna outright tell us but it leaves us without context.
+3 Hours
He/Him/They/Them/It/Its
Always tired, so I apologize if I take forever to respond
Fixing the system so the code is not only up to date, but also edited by the same people is a good idea. Going in and trying to fix somebody else's code can be a nightmare, since coding is a creative process and people think differently to do that kind of thing. I'd rather have things be stable and put together in a way that makes sense over adding new features to something that's already held together with duct tape and clothesline.
Fixing the system so the code is not only up to date, but also edited by the same people is a good idea. Going in and trying to fix somebody else's code can be a nightmare, since coding is a creative process and people think differently to do that kind of thing. I'd rather have things be stable and put together in a way that makes sense over adding new features to something that's already held together with duct tape and clothesline.
Sounds good and makes sense!
Sounds good and makes sense!
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
DOUBLE THE COMMITS???? GROSS.

I completely understand the urge to just rebuild it while you're already under the hood but having to do two sets of commits... ewwww. I'm glad for y'all's sake you've chosen to get everything on the same codebase.
DOUBLE THE COMMITS???? GROSS.

I completely understand the urge to just rebuild it while you're already under the hood but having to do two sets of commits... ewwww. I'm glad for y'all's sake you've chosen to get everything on the same codebase.
Thank you so much for all your hard work!
Take your time with the updates and revamps <3
Thank you so much for all your hard work!
Take your time with the updates and revamps <3
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
I don't know what refactoring code is, but it seems like a good idea and I support u, devs <3
I don't know what refactoring code is, but it seems like a good idea and I support u, devs <3
nTa2yPT.png
yooo
yooo
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif Shanty or Gremlin | FR +2
she/her/they
Anthropology & US History
Germanic Norse pagan | memes
lots of interests: ask!

__
__
__
__
__
> Wishlist
> Lore...
>
>
>
__
__
__
__
__
>
>
>
>
> future stuff?
shale.png
As a software dev, I can fully understand how much time and effort it takes to rework a big code base.

We had to give up redeveloping a big blob of ugly code from scratch, because it's to komplex (but working) and are now trying to rework it from the inside out. Making tiny bits and pieces better as we go. It's not easy and takes a lot of time.

All I can say is, don't overwork yourselves and keep up the good work!
As a software dev, I can fully understand how much time and effort it takes to rework a big code base.

We had to give up redeveloping a big blob of ugly code from scratch, because it's to komplex (but working) and are now trying to rework it from the inside out. Making tiny bits and pieces better as we go. It's not easy and takes a lot of time.

All I can say is, don't overwork yourselves and keep up the good work!
Sounds good! Thanks as always for telling us! And I cannot wait for Arlo and the new ancient!
Sounds good! Thanks as always for telling us! And I cannot wait for Arlo and the new ancient!
PAo2UkJ.png > Kneph/Worm

> He/They/It

> +3 FR
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27