Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: 2022 Goals
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[font=oxtail][size=5][color=green]This is good to hear! I'm all for anything that makes your lives easier and will lead to a better site in the long run <3 Your hard work and transparency is always appreciated as well [emoji=butterfly 2 size=1] Thank you!
This is good to hear! I'm all for anything that makes your lives easier and will lead to a better site in the long run <3 Your hard work and transparency is always appreciated as well Thank you!
g7wLQz3.gifjhqsk9S.png
neat!! excited to see what comes of it :0
neat!! excited to see what comes of it :0
blizz | he/him | FR +3 | dm for commission info
Just a quick love letter to our developers.

Thank you all so much for being active, being open with your intentions towards the community, and being kind to yourselves by not overworking or crunching code writers. Having active, aware, not greedy, and concerned developers can really make or break a game, and you guys are the sole reason I still play Flight Rising consistently after all these years. Keep up the amazing work, follow your morals, yada yada, etc, all that sappy stuff. Hope you read the last comment on a post from 2 days ago.

Love you guys.
Just a quick love letter to our developers.

Thank you all so much for being active, being open with your intentions towards the community, and being kind to yourselves by not overworking or crunching code writers. Having active, aware, not greedy, and concerned developers can really make or break a game, and you guys are the sole reason I still play Flight Rising consistently after all these years. Keep up the amazing work, follow your morals, yada yada, etc, all that sappy stuff. Hope you read the last comment on a post from 2 days ago.

Love you guys.
Thanks for all of your hard work, I hope things go as planned so further development gets a little easier to manage in the future.
Thanks for all of your hard work, I hope things go as planned so further development gets a little easier to manage in the future.
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
Can't wait for the new breed
Can't wait for the new breed
https://dragcave.net/user/Gorynecromar
I am more than okay with this.
I am more than okay with this.
@Goldia
The reason I’m asking, and I’m assuming the other person too, is that maintaining two separate codebases seems like a terrible idea to begin with, so we were wondering what the reason could be. Could be a completely valid reason, but as a developer myself, I’m really curious to hear it. Maintaining one code base as large as FR seems really difficult, but two, slightly different ones that require the same updates? Even with a larger team that sounds like a nightmare.

It might have something to do with the newer EU tracking laws, if I had to guess.
@Goldia
The reason I’m asking, and I’m assuming the other person too, is that maintaining two separate codebases seems like a terrible idea to begin with, so we were wondering what the reason could be. Could be a completely valid reason, but as a developer myself, I’m really curious to hear it. Maintaining one code base as large as FR seems really difficult, but two, slightly different ones that require the same updates? Even with a larger team that sounds like a nightmare.

It might have something to do with the newer EU tracking laws, if I had to guess.
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
Super excited about FR's 2022! Some older features being revamped sounds awesome, and I keep hearing about a new ancient breed coming out, so this'll be an amazing year!
Super excited about FR's 2022! Some older features being revamped sounds awesome, and I keep hearing about a new ancient breed coming out, so this'll be an amazing year!
at first i was a touch disappointed and then i remembered we've been waiting way too long for the website to get wider than 950 px. godspeed, y'all. the sooner we can widen the website, the sooner we get integrated dark mode.
at first i was a touch disappointed and then i remembered we've been waiting way too long for the website to get wider than 950 px. godspeed, y'all. the sooner we can widen the website, the sooner we get integrated dark mode.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
yippe!
yippe!
QDv44y9.giftumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27