Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: 2022 Goals
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Ohhh! This sounds good. Excited to see.
Ohhh! This sounds good. Excited to see.
siggy.png
Thanks for all your hard work, team! Tackling a huge project in the most efficient way can be difficult, but it looks like you guys are figuring it out <3
Thanks for all your hard work, team! Tackling a huge project in the most efficient way can be difficult, but it looks like you guys are figuring it out <3
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
Is there a reason the site is on two subdomains with a different code base? Is the goal to combine it to one?
Is there a reason the site is on two subdomains with a different code base? Is the goal to combine it to one?
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
Something I've always respected about FR, having used many many pet sims over the past 10+ years (yikes), is how dedicated you are to actually running this site and how communicative you are with your players about the work you're doing on the back end. I think that is a not-insignificant part of why FR has endured for me. Thank you for this news, and I'm honestly glad to hear that you're taking the crunchier parts of running this site seriously.
Something I've always respected about FR, having used many many pet sims over the past 10+ years (yikes), is how dedicated you are to actually running this site and how communicative you are with your players about the work you're doing on the back end. I think that is a not-insignificant part of why FR has endured for me. Thank you for this news, and I'm honestly glad to hear that you're taking the crunchier parts of running this site seriously.
FR+0
She/Her

Wishlist
Art Sales
Dragons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpGvDCa4.png
Out of curiosity, why is the site under two subdomains and causing all the issues with coding? Is there any way to fix that?
Out of curiosity, why is the site under two subdomains and causing all the issues with coding? Is there any way to fix that?
It/he 2a426f82-8225-11e7-b745-ff85aed113f5.gifc9938380-821f-11e7-8f2c-ff85aed113f5.gif
We appreciate everything you guys do! Don't work too hard!
We appreciate everything you guys do! Don't work too hard!
Get this accent here!
OK, this makes sense to me.

As for the revamps / QOL things I most want to see:
  • A search/filter function when adding items in PM's and CR's. This is just.... so painful at the moment!
  • Threaded PM's, so I can see the whole conversation easily.
  • A search function in the PM's (and for that matter CR's) so I can find messages easier, without having to click through each page one by one.

I have several more, but those are the main ones off the top of my head.

Hopefully those things will be incorporated in the Refactor project
OK, this makes sense to me.

As for the revamps / QOL things I most want to see:
  • A search/filter function when adding items in PM's and CR's. This is just.... so painful at the moment!
  • Threaded PM's, so I can see the whole conversation easily.
  • A search function in the PM's (and for that matter CR's) so I can find messages easier, without having to click through each page one by one.

I have several more, but those are the main ones off the top of my head.

Hopefully those things will be incorporated in the Refactor project
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Breathe @Skeledra

My understanding of the situation is that when the site was first created it was all coded up a certain way. And that was probably fine then, but as the site has grown and developed, they realised that they needed to code it a different way (whether for efficiency, or to enable certain features to be introduced). So they started a project to get everything done in the new way, and introduce new features while they were at it. The 2 subdomains is to keep everything 'tidy' and organised between old and new.

They've realised that this is all taking a long time - especially since they are also constantly providing new content too -, so have now decided to just do the code changing bit, to get everything in the same place in the same way. Then it'll be more efficient to add in the new features and QOL changes afterwards.

Of course, I may have things a bit wrong there, but that's my laymans understanding of things.
@Breathe @Skeledra

My understanding of the situation is that when the site was first created it was all coded up a certain way. And that was probably fine then, but as the site has grown and developed, they realised that they needed to code it a different way (whether for efficiency, or to enable certain features to be introduced). So they started a project to get everything done in the new way, and introduce new features while they were at it. The 2 subdomains is to keep everything 'tidy' and organised between old and new.

They've realised that this is all taking a long time - especially since they are also constantly providing new content too -, so have now decided to just do the code changing bit, to get everything in the same place in the same way. Then it'll be more efficient to add in the new features and QOL changes afterwards.

Of course, I may have things a bit wrong there, but that's my laymans understanding of things.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
Nesting grounds rework? I'm VERY intrigued.....
Nesting grounds rework? I'm VERY intrigued.....
006_zpsrfdzdtqz.png
Transparency and communication is always appreciated! Thanks for all the hard work, FR team!
Transparency and communication is always appreciated! Thanks for all the hard work, FR team!
Gcwdq5a.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27