Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: 2022 Goals
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 27
SUPER excited for the new things!!
SUPER excited for the new things!!
5PnQupy.png Uy8FDzr.png
MpqdutB.png 6L83xqY.png
[quote name="@DustyZoiveon" date="2022-01-10 15:49:56" ] So, if I understand this right: This means you're deciding to focus on making the code more efficient, so things run smoother in the long run? (easier bug fixes, less strain on the code, easier to go back and change things in the future?) Un-spaghetti the code? Is that what this means? If so, I'm glad y'all are deciding to focus on that first and foremost! Cleaner codes mean cleaner features and much less stress in the long run [emoji=spiral tongue size=1] [/quote] From what I've understood basically yes -- you'll notice that some pages use www1 while others use just www, that's the two different code bases they're talking about. So they're trying to unspaghetti stuff bc from what I've understood, nobody expected the site to become this big, so it probably has a lot of tech debt -- quick hotfixes and the like that have become a staple of the code and make trouble shooting and new development harder -- and thus they need to go back in and untangle
@DustyZoiveon wrote on 2022-01-10 15:49:56:
So, if I understand this right: This means you're deciding to focus on making the code more efficient, so things run smoother in the long run? (easier bug fixes, less strain on the code, easier to go back and change things in the future?) Un-spaghetti the code? Is that what this means?
If so, I'm glad y'all are deciding to focus on that first and foremost! Cleaner codes mean cleaner features and much less stress in the long run

From what I've understood basically yes -- you'll notice that some pages use www1 while others use just www, that's the two different code bases they're talking about. So they're trying to unspaghetti stuff bc from what I've understood, nobody expected the site to become this big, so it probably has a lot of tech debt -- quick hotfixes and the like that have become a staple of the code and make trouble shooting and new development harder -- and thus they need to go back in and untangle
iSeAVDm.gif6mlt6oK.pngSNH9aOp.gif

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
Woo! We all appreciate everything you guys are doing! [emoji=imperial happy size=1] [emoji=heart size=1]
Woo! We all appreciate everything you guys are doing!
BnSOTCe.pngXgUSVnT.png0BV9psg.pngonxvVRq.png
W0KmE8n.png4Qkxmbq.pngGFHiEoW.pngCpwxLkk.png
Bless admins
Bless admins
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
That makes total sense that you guys would want to optimize the code in such a way that you'd only have to implement a feature/fix once. I am SO excited to see what the new year has in store for the site. I may’ve only joined 3 years ago, but this site is one of my few constant obsessions. I'm always excited to see new features, be they simply updated art, new genes/familiars, etc. I hope everyone, from the designers/mods to old/new players, is having a good new year so far :D
That makes total sense that you guys would want to optimize the code in such a way that you'd only have to implement a feature/fix once. I am SO excited to see what the new year has in store for the site. I may’ve only joined 3 years ago, but this site is one of my few constant obsessions. I'm always excited to see new features, be they simply updated art, new genes/familiars, etc. I hope everyone, from the designers/mods to old/new players, is having a good new year so far :D
ashmane_chimera.pngferberus.pngquillcrown_parda.png
Man you guys are really transparent about what you're working on (within reason), and are really clear about the amount of work something will take to accomplish, that's real admirable and I greatly respect that.

Good luck on all that refactoring!
Man you guys are really transparent about what you're working on (within reason), and are really clear about the amount of work something will take to accomplish, that's real admirable and I greatly respect that.

Good luck on all that refactoring!
FL_QUD_THEMED_FORUM_SIG_1.png
Oh yikes I just reflexively cringed at the amount of work yall have been doing the past few years. Is there any particular reason for the split system??
I’m glad yall are trying to work past it now and I hope the refactor goes smoothly!
Oh yikes I just reflexively cringed at the amount of work yall have been doing the past few years. Is there any particular reason for the split system??
I’m glad yall are trying to work past it now and I hope the refactor goes smoothly!
I took a 4 year hiatus and now I’m lost
ayy new things!
ayy new things!
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-01-10 13:00:10" ] [i]Flight Rising[/i] is spread across two subdomains and two codebases, which creates a significant amount of extra work and testing every time we want to add a new feature or fix. [/quote] wait has the site essentially two copies to begin with...? don't meant to nitpick, just genuinely don't understand. is this a question compatibility? but by all means, godspeed with the dev work.
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-01-10 13:00:10:
Flight Rising is spread across two subdomains and two codebases, which creates a significant amount of extra work and testing every time we want to add a new feature or fix.

wait has the site essentially two copies to begin with...?
don't meant to nitpick, just genuinely don't understand. is this a question compatibility?

but by all means, godspeed with the dev work.
cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
yeah boiiiiiz yeet that spaghetti code into space
yeah boiiiiiz yeet that spaghetti code into space
TngcDHe.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 27