Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gee Those Genes
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36
Maybe the capsule could use a little work. I think this could look a little less weird than the current design? (anyone wants to post this into the suggestions -forums? I don't post there.) mock up: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/601108586730356752/908285469765296148/dragon_11.png[/img] current design: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=158&bodygene=28&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=13&gender=1&tert=70&tertgene=75&winggene=33&wings=92&auth=d81fa08ed4e5705b8796258ae9180f0bec4adf2c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] otherwise i'm enjoying this update c:
Maybe the capsule could use a little work.
I think this could look a little less weird than the current design?
(anyone wants to post this into the suggestions -forums? I don't post there.)

mock up:
dragon_11.png

current design:
dragon?age=1&body=158&bodygene=28&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=13&gender=1&tert=70&tertgene=75&winggene=33&wings=92&auth=d81fa08ed4e5705b8796258ae9180f0bec4adf2c&dummyext=prev.png

otherwise i'm enjoying this update c:
YS0YdoS.png
IofdFoL.png __
i[ wishlist ] ___ [ sky collection ] ___ [ personal logs ] ___ [ avatar dragon ]

While I love getting parallel genes, it kinda looks awkward on the Gaolers - and wasn't the intention of Ancients that the trade-offof apparel was met with more unique, breed-specific genes? Gaolers have the least amount of unique genes now of the ancients and it's kinda disappointing given that I was really excited for another fluffy dragon! But, seems once again, fluffy dragons get ignored because they're more difficult to gene as the 2-tone and more genes really seem to struggle to fit in with the fluff...
While I love getting parallel genes, it kinda looks awkward on the Gaolers - and wasn't the intention of Ancients that the trade-offof apparel was met with more unique, breed-specific genes? Gaolers have the least amount of unique genes now of the ancients and it's kinda disappointing given that I was really excited for another fluffy dragon! But, seems once again, fluffy dragons get ignored because they're more difficult to gene as the 2-tone and more genes really seem to struggle to fit in with the fluff...
J7D1quC.png
lUxoo8T.png
rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
.............................................____________________
z3QG5P2.gif
Oooooh YES This is awesome, and something I've wanted for a while! I do agree with this point tho; [quote name="windowsXP" date="2021-11-11 01:12:02" ] oooh fade/blend for gaolers not really a fan of the capsule on them though... Gonna throw in my two cents on ancient genes for a second: while I'm happy to get a fun, colour changing gene for gaolers, it's kinda disappointing that except for the ancient breed release, we barely see any new unique genes for them. Out of all, non-parallel gene releases that weren't on the breed's reveal itself, I can think of, it's gaoler braids and blossom. When they were released, the whole deal with ancients was that they'd get cool and unique genes and be different from moderns, making the apparel tradeoff worth it...but like it is right now, I do not see any of that. I think out of all the ancients, gaolers have it the worst though, since one of their (then) unique genes, mosaic/breakup got not soon after also given to modern breeds. As much as I love capsule, I really don't see why it was put on gaolers. It's nice to have matching sets, but it really doesn't work well with the breed's design in particular. I just hope we'll see some new ancient-exclusive genes sometime... [/quote] While I love every gene they got this time, I really do wanna see more unique genes for ancients more often :c
Oooooh YES This is awesome, and something I've wanted for a while!

I do agree with this point tho;
windowsXP wrote on 2021-11-11 01:12:02:
oooh fade/blend for gaolers
not really a fan of the capsule on them though...

Gonna throw in my two cents on ancient genes for a second: while I'm happy to get a fun, colour changing gene for gaolers, it's kinda disappointing that except for the ancient breed release, we barely see any new unique genes for them. Out of all, non-parallel gene releases that weren't on the breed's reveal itself, I can think of, it's gaoler braids and blossom.

When they were released, the whole deal with ancients was that they'd get cool and unique genes and be different from moderns, making the apparel tradeoff worth it...but like it is right now, I do not see any of that. I think out of all the ancients, gaolers have it the worst though, since one of their (then) unique genes, mosaic/breakup got not soon after also given to modern breeds.

As much as I love capsule, I really don't see why it was put on gaolers. It's nice to have matching sets, but it really doesn't work well with the breed's design in particular.

I just hope we'll see some new ancient-exclusive genes sometime...
While I love every gene they got this time, I really do wanna see more unique genes for ancients more often :c

Starcon fix, yay! And ooh, that familiar is pretty :o
Starcon fix, yay! And ooh, that familiar is pretty :o
Temple of Time HatcheryLightning Flight banner
That familiar stole my heart! ♥///♥
That familiar stole my heart! ♥///♥
0gqs.jpg

pugaOfm.png

utMivob.png
The image name is ‘awwshucks.png’ hahahaha
The image name is ‘awwshucks.png’ hahahaha
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
Nice!
Nice!
Moth Keeper's Lantern Midnight Oil Lamp
oh i'm in LOVE with that new familiar
oh i'm in LOVE with that new familiar
bHeX9bv.png
Fade/Blend are two of my fave genes and I've been really bummed that ancient's didn't have them.

But now...

NOW
<3
Fade/Blend are two of my fave genes and I've been really bummed that ancient's didn't have them.

But now...

NOW
<3
transpfish.png
that fam is super cute heck
also glad starmap and constellation are fixed :v
that fam is super cute heck
also glad starmap and constellation are fixed :v
she/they | +0 fr time
wishlistbadgesadoptshatchery
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36