Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mire Expansion
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 87 88
[quote name="Undel" date="2021-10-22 19:47:28" ] [quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-10-22 19:46:43" ] ... thats a pretty big food item [item=lion's mane emu] [/quote] Yet fills you up as much as a dandelion seed! So... giant seeds, or tiny emu? [/quote] i love tiny emu
Undel wrote on 2021-10-22 19:47:28:
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-10-22 19:46:43:
... thats a pretty big food item

Lion's Mane Emu
Yet fills you up as much as a dandelion seed!

So... giant seeds, or tiny emu?

i love tiny emu
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
WAIT WHAT AGK:SFGA;lsfg;KASgjk;
WAIT WHAT AGK:SFGA;lsfg;KASgjk;
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
Was the Furry Fiddle inspired by the Fur-Bearing Trout?
!! signature under construction !!
i think i wanna hoard emus now. what did you do, Undel.
i think i wanna hoard emus now. what did you do, Undel.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
The scene cracks me up. I'm imagining a dragon posing on top a split-second before they plummet into the water.

Toridae: Gets 'em every time!
The scene cracks me up. I'm imagining a dragon posing on top a split-second before they plummet into the water.

Toridae: Gets 'em every time!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Nice!
Nice!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2021-10-22 19:49:38" ] Was the Furry Fiddle inspired by the Fur-Bearing Trout? [/quote] guess that's why they drop dandelions
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2021-10-22 19:49:38:
guess that's why they drop dandelions
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Flight Rising artists are so good, even the items that are just food are so well drawn [emoji=tundra happy size=2]
Flight Rising artists are so good, even the items that are just food are so well drawn
| adoptables | fr +9 |
wMcm9CU.png
[center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/41966.png[/img] He’s shaped like a friend [/center]
41966.png
He’s shaped like a friend
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
[quote name="@Antimoany" date="2021-10-22 19:44:31" ] [quote name="Archaeoraptor" date="2021-10-22 19:27:46" ] [quote name="Antimoany" date="2021-10-22 19:18:21" ] [quote name="Antimoany" date="2021-10-22 19:14:52" ] WAITWAITWAIT mushrooms ants cordyceps confirmed????? [/quote] i'm going with yes [item=fungal garden][item=armored colony] [/quote] Possibly an inspiration! Cordyceps are parasitic though, so if they [i]were[/i] the culprits our new little armadillo friends would basically be walking corpses, their minds hijacked by the fungal infection :^D (Disclaimer: all I know about cordyceps is from a Wikipedia skim, and assorted articles in which people with much more Science Smartz than me break down how the scenario in survival game [i]The Last of Us[/i] (which uses zombies based on a mutated cordyceps strain) is not actually feasible. I think linking them directly might break FR’s image gore rules, but they’re neat if you’re ever curious!) </infodump> [/quote] i'm familiar with cordyceps actually! wrote quite a bit on them in college. flight rising tends to veer towards softer interperetations of diseases these days, so we might never get Proper Cordyceps, but i'm happy with any mushroom-in-animal familiar. and we technically already have a cordyceps-inspired familiar in the form of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/619/]parasitic fungus[/url] and its counterpart [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/618]bramble guardian[/url] in fact, i maintain that by its naming, the familiar in the parasitic fungus is the Fungus Itself, and the lizard is just a host body - taking the more sci-fi approach in which the fungus is (or can become) sentient with the aid of a biological brain. i mean, we already have walking mushrooms, it's not much of a stretch. i was just having a bit of fun taking the existing elements in the update (mushrooms, ants) and extrapolating a likely theme i'm hoping we'll get one more mushrooms-in-animals familiar out of this update, because while i now have four i can put on my dragons, more is always good (grumbling about how we can only put one copy of a familiar on any dragon goes here) i'll take a look at the last of us cordyceps though, never got around to playing that so i don't think i've seen them [/quote] Oh, cool! Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to ’splain it to or correct you or something; I am very giddy about this entire update, and got extra excited seeing these mentioned x'D But yeah, I was forgetting about those lizards, very cool! And hoping for the same; if any venue’s gonna have more shroom animals, the Mire’s a great candidate. Multiple copies would be great; fingers crossed for a Fiona recolor or two, maybe? Thanks for replying!
@Antimoany wrote on 2021-10-22 19:44:31:
Archaeoraptor wrote on 2021-10-22 19:27:46:
Antimoany wrote on 2021-10-22 19:18:21:
Antimoany wrote on 2021-10-22 19:14:52:
WAITWAITWAIT

mushrooms

ants

cordyceps confirmed?????

i'm going with yes
Fungal Garden Armored Colony
Possibly an inspiration! Cordyceps are parasitic though, so if they were the culprits our new little armadillo friends would basically be walking corpses, their minds hijacked by the fungal infection :^D

(Disclaimer: all I know about cordyceps is from a Wikipedia skim, and assorted articles in which people with much more Science Smartz than me break down how the scenario in survival game The Last of Us (which uses zombies based on a mutated cordyceps strain) is not actually feasible. I think linking them directly might break FR’s image gore rules, but they’re neat if you’re ever curious!)

</infodump>

i'm familiar with cordyceps actually! wrote quite a bit on them in college.

flight rising tends to veer towards softer interperetations of diseases these days, so we might never get Proper Cordyceps, but i'm happy with any mushroom-in-animal familiar.

and we technically already have a cordyceps-inspired familiar in the form of parasitic fungus and its counterpart bramble guardian

in fact, i maintain that by its naming, the familiar in the parasitic fungus is the Fungus Itself, and the lizard is just a host body - taking the more sci-fi approach in which the fungus is (or can become) sentient with the aid of a biological brain. i mean, we already have walking mushrooms, it's not much of a stretch.

i was just having a bit of fun taking the existing elements in the update (mushrooms, ants) and extrapolating a likely theme

i'm hoping we'll get one more mushrooms-in-animals familiar out of this update, because while i now have four i can put on my dragons, more is always good (grumbling about how we can only put one copy of a familiar on any dragon goes here)

i'll take a look at the last of us cordyceps though, never got around to playing that so i don't think i've seen them
Oh, cool! Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to ’splain it to or correct you or something; I am very giddy about this entire update, and got extra excited seeing these mentioned x'D

But yeah, I was forgetting about those lizards, very cool! And hoping for the same; if any venue’s gonna have more shroom animals, the Mire’s a great candidate. Multiple copies would be great; fingers crossed for a Fiona recolor or two, maybe?

Thanks for replying!
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 87 88