Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Sunparched Prowl 2021
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I know the Obelisks needed their time on the front page and all, but delaying the news post by two whole days wasn't a good idea. Oh well, I wasn't able to get the scene but I got a lot of meat in my food stores.
I know the Obelisks needed their time on the front page and all, but delaying the news post by two whole days wasn't a good idea. Oh well, I wasn't able to get the scene but I got a lot of meat in my food stores.
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
I get why it happened, but no one was going to forget about obelisks just because of an annual mini-holiday. What they may have forgotten is the unannounced mini-holiday. People have been saying it and I agree, this should probably be extended.
I get why it happened, but no one was going to forget about obelisks just because of an annual mini-holiday. What they may have forgotten is the unannounced mini-holiday. People have been saying it and I agree, this should probably be extended.
Honestly, should have put the news post out on the last tunnel of the dig, before the obelisks were revealed. That way we'd have had our time to hunt and battle effectively, and obelisks would have still been an amazing surprise~ even more ideally, put the news post out WEEKS in advance like the elemental festival posts get~
Honestly, should have put the news post out on the last tunnel of the dig, before the obelisks were revealed. That way we'd have had our time to hunt and battle effectively, and obelisks would have still been an amazing surprise~ even more ideally, put the news post out WEEKS in advance like the elemental festival posts get~
Back again just to drop in my two cents about the whole 'site status' argument, i.e. "well if you didn't know about it you should have checked the site status because it was there the whole time".

1) The site status announcement did not include every feature from this event. I've seen multiple players point out that it doesn't mention the EXP boost, which is what they want to take advantage of the most.

2) Flight Rising has, in my opinion, a very steep learning curve. I recently returned from a hiatus of several years and essentially had to relearn everything. I didn't even know the site status bar existed until a couple months back.

3) Not everyone gets their news from the site status bar. I, for one, don't really care about any of the statuses, since it's usually a shorter version of a big news post or weekly dress-up announcements and the like. I refer to the actual news threads because I assume those always contain the 'big' site news, so I didn't even think to check the site status bar to figure out what was happening with the meat dropping.

TLDR; I'm sure some people posting reminders about the site status bar meant it in as kind a way possible, but the wording on other 'reminders' has bordered on rude. Please take into account that not everyone is entirely familiar with all facets of the site, so pointing out something that may have seemed obvious to you might not be obvious to everyone else.
Back again just to drop in my two cents about the whole 'site status' argument, i.e. "well if you didn't know about it you should have checked the site status because it was there the whole time".

1) The site status announcement did not include every feature from this event. I've seen multiple players point out that it doesn't mention the EXP boost, which is what they want to take advantage of the most.

2) Flight Rising has, in my opinion, a very steep learning curve. I recently returned from a hiatus of several years and essentially had to relearn everything. I didn't even know the site status bar existed until a couple months back.

3) Not everyone gets their news from the site status bar. I, for one, don't really care about any of the statuses, since it's usually a shorter version of a big news post or weekly dress-up announcements and the like. I refer to the actual news threads because I assume those always contain the 'big' site news, so I didn't even think to check the site status bar to figure out what was happening with the meat dropping.

TLDR; I'm sure some people posting reminders about the site status bar meant it in as kind a way possible, but the wording on other 'reminders' has bordered on rude. Please take into account that not everyone is entirely familiar with all facets of the site, so pointing out something that may have seemed obvious to you might not be obvious to everyone else.
FRPixel1.1.png

C L A N~A H T O H A L L A N
Divider-short1.png
I play this game largely independently
of the community as a whole.

Coding Credit | Clan Sales Thread | Pixel Credit
FRPixel2.1.png
I have to agree with what a lot of people are saying. I've been playing this site since the very few minutes, but a lot of people haven't, and had no clue what the mini-fest entailed exactly.

Delaying the announcement post with vital information for casual and new information, in favour of the new modern breed announcement seems like poor planning. The minifest is a yearly thing. The anniversary is a yearly thing. You know they're gonna end up close together. Rather than not posting an announcement (or posting it a little over a day before the end of the minifest) perhaps change the planning, for example the DD event starting a week before the anniversary and the breed dropped on the anniversary itself..?
I have to agree with what a lot of people are saying. I've been playing this site since the very few minutes, but a lot of people haven't, and had no clue what the mini-fest entailed exactly.

Delaying the announcement post with vital information for casual and new information, in favour of the new modern breed announcement seems like poor planning. The minifest is a yearly thing. The anniversary is a yearly thing. You know they're gonna end up close together. Rather than not posting an announcement (or posting it a little over a day before the end of the minifest) perhaps change the planning, for example the DD event starting a week before the anniversary and the breed dropped on the anniversary itself..?
[quote name="TheFifthSpirit" date="2021-06-21 12:51:39" ] Back again just to drop in my two cents about the whole 'site status' argument, i.e. "well if you didn't know about it you should have checked the site status because it was there the whole time". 1) The site status announcement did not include every feature from this event. I've seen multiple players point out that it doesn't mention the EXP boost, which is what they want to take advantage of the most. 2) Flight Rising has, in my opinion, a very steep learning curve. I recently returned from a hiatus of several years and essentially had to relearn everything. I didn't even know the site status bar existed until a couple months back. 3) Not everyone gets their news from the site status bar. I, for one, don't really care about any of the statuses, since it's usually a shorter version of a big news post or weekly dress-up announcements and the like. I refer to the actual news threads because I assume those always contain the 'big' site news, so I didn't even think to check the site status bar to figure out what was happening with the meat dropping. TLDR; I'm sure some people posting reminders about the site status bar meant it in as kind a way possible, but the wording on other 'reminders' has bordered on rude. Please take into account that not everyone is entirely familiar with all facets of the site, so pointing out something that may have seemed obvious to you might not be obvious to everyone else. [/quote] Right; I knew about the meat dropping from site activities but I didnt know about the EXP boost, which I only started to take advantage of when the official update came out and mentioned it : ( I too think itd be neat if it was extended for a few more days; I wouldn't mind if the meat drops were disabled since we were all getting that from day 1 of the minifest
TheFifthSpirit wrote on 2021-06-21 12:51:39:

Right; I knew about the meat dropping from site activities but I didnt know about the EXP boost, which I only started to take advantage of when the official update came out and mentioned it : (
I too think itd be neat if it was extended for a few more days; I wouldn't mind if the meat drops were disabled since we were all getting that from day 1 of the minifest
* does the worm *
Autumn | digital artist, monster designer, eyeburner lover | she/her | Pings are ok!
My handle is Sourscape on nearly every other social media!
god_likes_me__trade__by_thatalbinothing-d9t6sns.gif(art by ThatAlbinoThing)
[quote name="VixVixy" date="2021-06-20 05:29:41" ] [quote name="Maddy" date="2021-06-20 04:52:13" ] [quote name="Purrloinedlove" date="2021-06-20 04:38:36" ] [quote name="VixVixy" date="2021-06-20 04:17:08" ] You tell us about the Battle EXP Boost and familiar drops when we only have one day left of the event? Would have been nice to know these thing before the event was almost over... [/quote] I too was wondering just what was going on. [/quote] In the site status you could read the following: Undel 2021-06-17 09:48:02 For this year's Sunparched Prowl, you may find meat by performing a variety of site tasks! There is a new scene for this event. We will have a news post tomorrow, as our new breed launch is in the spotlight! Aequorin 2021-06-17 07:03:06 The Sunparched Prowl has begun and runs until 06:00 server time on June 21, 2021! The message was delayed even further, but if you read the site status, you would have known from the start. [emoji=obelisk happy size=2] [/quote] I did read the site status, there was nothing about a exp boost and familiar drops, that would have been very important for me since my highest dragon is only lvl 10 and I don't have many familiars. The site status only mentioned meat drops and a scene, I don't have many dragons so the meat drops was nice but not really something that was relevant to me. [/quote] That is too bad. I know how difficult it is to level up your dragons from scratch, I did it myself too, and it took me 6 months of grinding. And since you were new you actually couldn't have known about the EXP boost. The devs really screwed you over on this one. I gotta agree with that. I hope for you they read these messages and keep it in mind for next time. In the mean time, you might want to go to [url]https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/133644/1[/url] for any questions you might have. If you see something going on on the website that hasn't been announced yet, there you can ask people who have been on the site for years what is going on [emoji=obelisk happy size=2] I hope that helps, I'd hate to see you leave the site because of something like this.
VixVixy wrote on 2021-06-20 05:29:41:
Maddy wrote on 2021-06-20 04:52:13:
Purrloinedlove wrote on 2021-06-20 04:38:36:
VixVixy wrote on 2021-06-20 04:17:08:
You tell us about the Battle EXP Boost and familiar drops when we only have one day left of the event? Would have been nice to know these thing before the event was almost over...
I too was wondering just what was going on.

In the site status you could read the following:
Undel 2021-06-17 09:48:02
For this year's Sunparched Prowl, you may find meat by performing a variety of site tasks! There is a new scene for this event. We will have a news post tomorrow, as our new breed launch is in the spotlight!
Aequorin 2021-06-17 07:03:06
The Sunparched Prowl has begun and runs until 06:00 server time on June 21, 2021!

The message was delayed even further, but if you read the site status, you would have known from the start.

I did read the site status, there was nothing about a exp boost and familiar drops, that would have been very important for me since my highest dragon is only lvl 10 and I don't have many familiars. The site status only mentioned meat drops and a scene, I don't have many dragons so the meat drops was nice but not really something that was relevant to me.

That is too bad. I know how difficult it is to level up your dragons from scratch, I did it myself too, and it took me 6 months of grinding.
And since you were new you actually couldn't have known about the EXP boost.

The devs really screwed you over on this one. I gotta agree with that.
I hope for you they read these messages and keep it in mind for next time.

In the mean time, you might want to go to https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/133644/1 for any questions you might have. If you see something going on on the website that hasn't been announced yet, there you can ask people who have been on the site for years what is going on I hope that helps, I'd hate to see you leave the site because of something like this.
FRT+9 (Europe time)
Open for role playing (some dragons have a recorded past, others are blank)
Online everyday (but not always long)
[color=#006ab8]Aw, I missed Prowl :( I checked a few days ago when I was randomly getting meat from things, but there was no announcement, so I figured it wasn't a thing yet. Oh, well; have a lot of meat eaters and always grind for this one... [emoji=tundra sad size=1] I only just noticed it was over I guess since I didn't get any prowler meat from gathering just now and maybe thought the event started for real and was now only through the coliseum like usual, but seems I completely missed it. I also had a lv21 I wanted to work on getting maxed. Shame.
Aw, I missed Prowl :( I checked a few days ago when I was randomly getting meat from things, but there was no announcement, so I figured it wasn't a thing yet. Oh, well; have a lot of meat eaters and always grind for this one... I only just noticed it was over I guess since I didn't get any prowler meat from gathering just now and maybe thought the event started for real and was now only through the coliseum like usual, but seems I completely missed it. I also had a lv21 I wanted to work on getting maxed. Shame.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
This needed to be extended. We got the announcement way too late and I had no idea about the XP boost until the post was made. Many new players had no idea what was going on and were wildly confused as to why they were getting random meat.
This needed to be extended. We got the announcement way too late and I had no idea about the XP boost until the post was made. Many new players had no idea what was going on and were wildly confused as to why they were getting random meat.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
[quote name="Panther202" date="2021-06-21 15:01:09" ] This needed to be extended. We got the announcement way too late and I had no idea about the XP boost until the post was made. Many new players had no idea what was going on and were wildly confused as to why they were getting random meat. [/quote] Seconded. I didn't get to take full advantage of the exp boost yesterday - when it was announced - because I was busy, and 06:00 server time is right in the middle of when I'm sleeping. So I couldn't catch up today either. I'm really bummed out because I would've liked to have levelled up my dragons a bit more so I could grind Woodland Path a bit easier, but I only got one day of the entire week-long event to do so [emoji=spiral sad size=1]
Panther202 wrote on 2021-06-21 15:01:09:
Seconded. I didn't get to take full advantage of the exp boost yesterday - when it was announced - because I was busy, and 06:00 server time is right in the middle of when I'm sleeping. So I couldn't catch up today either. I'm really bummed out because I would've liked to have levelled up my dragons a bit more so I could grind Woodland Path a bit easier, but I only got one day of the entire week-long event to do so
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26