Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | World Map Revamp
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 104 105
@AnpuRa
Flight Rising has tons of lore! If you're interested, I highly recommend checking out the Encyclopedia (this link is also in the Library section on the left sidebar, close to the bottom.) Though, a lot of users choose to make up their own clan lore which may or may not contradict the site lore. Official site lore is more of a suggestion than anything.
Sornieth is the official name for the world Flight Rising takes place in. If I remember correctly it simply means "our planet" in the dragon language.
@AnpuRa
Flight Rising has tons of lore! If you're interested, I highly recommend checking out the Encyclopedia (this link is also in the Library section on the left sidebar, close to the bottom.) Though, a lot of users choose to make up their own clan lore which may or may not contradict the site lore. Official site lore is more of a suggestion than anything.
Sornieth is the official name for the world Flight Rising takes place in. If I remember correctly it simply means "our planet" in the dragon language.
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
@tambadabam

Okay, so how does the lore come into gameplay?
Or is it just for fun but serves no real purpose?
@tambadabam

Okay, so how does the lore come into gameplay?
Or is it just for fun but serves no real purpose?
@AnpuRa
Some lore does come into gameplay, primarily when it comes to the elemental flights -- for example, the fact that a dragon is born with the element of the region it is born in and can't use magic of any other element have lore explanations. Lore also has explanations for what items can be found by the player, why there are no humans in Sornieth, why many of the enemies players can fight in the colosseum would want to fight dragons, and so on. A lot of it is just for fun, though, but a lot of people (like myself) really like the "just for fun" stuff.
@AnpuRa
Some lore does come into gameplay, primarily when it comes to the elemental flights -- for example, the fact that a dragon is born with the element of the region it is born in and can't use magic of any other element have lore explanations. Lore also has explanations for what items can be found by the player, why there are no humans in Sornieth, why many of the enemies players can fight in the colosseum would want to fight dragons, and so on. A lot of it is just for fun, though, but a lot of people (like myself) really like the "just for fun" stuff.
@tambadabam

Huh, I've been here for years and have never seen nor heard of any of this.
I haven't seen any mention of dragon elemental magic and it differing any from dragon to dragon.
Items differ in each region? They always seemed random and evenly spread out no matter what region I looked in.
Flight Rising was a fantasy dragon based game so the lack of humans never occurred to me before or seemed out of place.
As far as enemies go, I just assumed that there were good monsters and bad monsters. As for the colosseum, it was just a region and thus the creatures there were just native to that area, like any other area you visit in tha Battle section.

I'm not against the fun parts, I just find it odd that I've played here for years and never encountered any of this. It must not play a big part in the game itself.
@tambadabam

Huh, I've been here for years and have never seen nor heard of any of this.
I haven't seen any mention of dragon elemental magic and it differing any from dragon to dragon.
Items differ in each region? They always seemed random and evenly spread out no matter what region I looked in.
Flight Rising was a fantasy dragon based game so the lack of humans never occurred to me before or seemed out of place.
As far as enemies go, I just assumed that there were good monsters and bad monsters. As for the colosseum, it was just a region and thus the creatures there were just native to that area, like any other area you visit in tha Battle section.

I'm not against the fun parts, I just find it odd that I've played here for years and never encountered any of this. It must not play a big part in the game itself.
@AnpuRa
Yeah, that's why you can't equip fire elemental attacks to a shadow dragon in the colosseum, for example.
The item thing, sorry, I could have been more clear -- I meant it's why you can't find, say, a realistic gun or a car, but you can find things like magical robots. It's a gameplay restriction that's justified within the lore.
For the humans, the lore is that they did exist in the past, but were wiped out before dragons came into being. So they're not around anymore.
And you're right that a lot of the enemies in the colosseum are just animals, but the ones that aren't do have reasons that they might want to fight dragons specifically. There's also reasons for why members of that same species would want to hang out with your clan as familiars.
But, overall, you're right. A lot of the lore is just for fun. But I think that's a good thing. Like I said, a fair chunk of the player base ignores some or all of the official lore and just uses flight rising as a springboard for their own unique fiction. The fact that flight rising gives players that freedom is part of the fun in my opinion.
@AnpuRa
Yeah, that's why you can't equip fire elemental attacks to a shadow dragon in the colosseum, for example.
The item thing, sorry, I could have been more clear -- I meant it's why you can't find, say, a realistic gun or a car, but you can find things like magical robots. It's a gameplay restriction that's justified within the lore.
For the humans, the lore is that they did exist in the past, but were wiped out before dragons came into being. So they're not around anymore.
And you're right that a lot of the enemies in the colosseum are just animals, but the ones that aren't do have reasons that they might want to fight dragons specifically. There's also reasons for why members of that same species would want to hang out with your clan as familiars.
But, overall, you're right. A lot of the lore is just for fun. But I think that's a good thing. Like I said, a fair chunk of the player base ignores some or all of the official lore and just uses flight rising as a springboard for their own unique fiction. The fact that flight rising gives players that freedom is part of the fun in my opinion.
Woohoo! This is soo cool.
Thank you to the FR team!
Woohoo! This is soo cool.
Thank you to the FR team!
9dJ0IYz.png
I've thoroughly explored the map by now, and I must say, thank you FR team! Being a Windy myself, I've always thought the idea of our world was pretty cool, but on the old map we just looked like we were living in an unending hurricane (which ig is true xD). I love all the details and moving graphics, and the Windmills! Fantastic! Lore updating begins... xDxDxD
I've thoroughly explored the map by now, and I must say, thank you FR team! Being a Windy myself, I've always thought the idea of our world was pretty cool, but on the old map we just looked like we were living in an unending hurricane (which ig is true xD). I love all the details and moving graphics, and the Windmills! Fantastic! Lore updating begins... xDxDxD
tttttttt
tttttt 9zsjRTm.png ttt
ttt B E L I E F ttt
======================================
ODP Hatchery Following the Wind
======================================
ttt lwHsGwD.gif
Is it just me or did Water Flight get kind of screwed with this map? I literally can't find it anywhere other than that one little like floating barrel.
Is it just me or did Water Flight get kind of screwed with this map? I literally can't find it anywhere other than that one little like floating barrel.
@LizabethRoxYou There's a button on the right that allows you to look underwater, and there's a few more locations for Water. However, I am little disappointed myself. The artwork is great, but everything is still so compact, and Water is still listed as freshwater, for whatever reason
@LizabethRoxYou There's a button on the right that allows you to look underwater, and there's a few more locations for Water. However, I am little disappointed myself. The artwork is great, but everything is still so compact, and Water is still listed as freshwater, for whatever reason
Check out my YCH thread HERE!

591.png
This all looks promising. :)
This all looks promising. :)
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 104 105