Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Distant Horizons
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
@skullyunicorn what are you confused about? ^__^
@skullyunicorn what are you confused about? ^__^
05qhES2.png
fkWjutW.png
uPOLOvt.png
FObX7rS.png
WKtl2lb.png
Vn2pQ5Q.png ANTIMONY
LESBIAN
SHE/THEY
FRT+2
MEMORY PROBLEMS- KINDLY REMIND
THE HOLE THING
THE HOLE THING
@antimonycarver i like the things in this but i have no clue on if they are for show off or you can get them
@antimonycarver i like the things in this but i have no clue on if they are for show off or you can get them
@Syntribus Just commenting because I don't believe they do employ any writers, or at least no one specifically for writing content for the game. As with the very recent typo edits, Undel is the one who corrected them (though they might not be the one who actually writes them originally) and looking through the bounty of the elements stories it seems they're written by Xhaztol, Undel, Aequorin and SuburbanSamurai, though the two main writers seem to be Xhaztol and Aequorin so I doubt they specifically employ a writer (though maybe that's what SuburbanSamurai is!)
@Syntribus Just commenting because I don't believe they do employ any writers, or at least no one specifically for writing content for the game. As with the very recent typo edits, Undel is the one who corrected them (though they might not be the one who actually writes them originally) and looking through the bounty of the elements stories it seems they're written by Xhaztol, Undel, Aequorin and SuburbanSamurai, though the two main writers seem to be Xhaztol and Aequorin so I doubt they specifically employ a writer (though maybe that's what SuburbanSamurai is!)
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
@skullyunicorn if you read it carefully, you'll see that one of the vistas stock in the treasure marketplace, one of them in the gem marketplace, and the other one can be brewed in baldwin's cauldron at lvl 25. The new scene is in the treasure marketplace.
@skullyunicorn if you read it carefully, you'll see that one of the vistas stock in the treasure marketplace, one of them in the gem marketplace, and the other one can be brewed in baldwin's cauldron at lvl 25. The new scene is in the treasure marketplace.
05qhES2.png
fkWjutW.png
uPOLOvt.png
FObX7rS.png
WKtl2lb.png
Vn2pQ5Q.png ANTIMONY
LESBIAN
SHE/THEY
FRT+2
MEMORY PROBLEMS- KINDLY REMIND
@SkullyUnicorn all vistas can be found here. by clicking on the picture you can see where and how they can be acquired. You can also find the same info on every item in the game on that database. for quick access, click on "Game Database" on the Library section of the nav bar (to the left of your screen) at any time.
@SkullyUnicorn all vistas can be found here. by clicking on the picture you can see where and how they can be acquired. You can also find the same info on every item in the game on that database. for quick access, click on "Game Database" on the Library section of the nav bar (to the left of your screen) at any time.
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
@SkullyUnicorn
You can also change your vista (after you have one applied by clicking on it in the Specialty tab of your hoard and selecting that option) by clicking the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner of your screen and selecting Account Settings. Clicking the Change button next to the Forum Vista option will show you all the vistas you have applied to your account and you can select one.
@SkullyUnicorn
You can also change your vista (after you have one applied by clicking on it in the Specialty tab of your hoard and selecting that option) by clicking the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner of your screen and selecting Account Settings. Clicking the Change button next to the Forum Vista option will show you all the vistas you have applied to your account and you can select one.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2021-02-10 08:22:07" ] @/syntribus bro why are you writing an entire essay on how much you don't like FR... on FR... [/quote] Where else should I have written? I don't use social media, visit any forums remotely about pet sims, and I don't have any friends that play FR, ergo it would have been impossible or useless for me to start any discussion elsewhere. People on FR obviously care and know about FR, though, or they wouldn't be here in the first place. Also, I assume that you didn't read my other posts (I don't blame you) where I said that I do enjoy the breeding, geneing, and dressing of dragons. Yes I know, I tend to go on huge tangents. Believe me, I had to revise my posts quite a bit or they would have been even longer. [quote name="xxvi" date="2021-02-10 08:29:12" ] actually people can't complain about you; i'm pretty sure that's against the harassment/callout rules, i'm no expert though goodness this derailed didn't it [/quote] Well, I wasn't talking about hopping on FRD and making a post just to trash another person, that's just scummy, but everyone should feel free to tell me whatever they want, even if they think that I'm [s]trash[/s] rude. I obviously don't enforce the rules, though, and as I said, talking about people behind their back is awful. [quote name="Reggae" date="2021-02-10 10:12:58" ] @/Sybtribus no problem, I’ve been around about 55-60 virtual pet sites for about 12 years. Flightising is arguably the most engaging site in terms of what you can do and the player base next to the other dragon-story based sim (the N one for children). Even though I get bored too, I still can’t manage to leave lol There are virtual games which are closer to what your describing in terms of activities to do, but they’re not as active and have lots of complaints/toxic moderation. For example, this critique you’re providing would get your profile, your pets, and your posts removed on other games unfortunately (not being rude, there are document events on tumble that show this terrible sort of thing happening). FR thankfully lets us debate respectfully and I’m glad we’re able to chat with you and openly see each other’s views. The other sims aren’t as known, but VirtualPetList has a catalog of them. Most pet sites go under because of costs, drama sadly, true lack of content, or disorganization. I know I sound like an advertisement, but if you tried any other game you would really appreciate what this one has to offer. Yes there is absolutely room for improvement and growth, but it takes time and patience. [/quote] Wow, that's a lot, I didn't even know that so many existed. Thanks for mentioning that site, I'll take a look at it later! I'm honestly very surprised that no moderator locked the thread, deleted posts or just banned me. I expected to get some kind of warning at least, but I didn't get that either. I truly appreciate that, I've also seen some communities where people were kicked out and banned just because they didn't share the opinion of the admins and their clique, and those environments aren't exactly inviting. I definitely could have been more tactful to start off this discussion, but I'm not being sarcastic when I say thanks for the discussion, I really appreciated getting different views. And you are right, the good thing about FR is that you can't fall behind, so I'll just stay on the sidelines for now and who knows, perhaps something that really appeals to me will come out some day. [quote name="Ceylar" date="2021-02-10 13:59:28" ] @/Syntribus Just commenting because I don't believe they do employ any writers, or at least no one specifically for writing content for the game. As with the very recent typo edits, Undel is the one who corrected them (though they might not be the one who actually writes them originally) and looking through the bounty of the elements stories it seems they're written by Xhaztol, Undel, Aequorin and SuburbanSamurai, though the two main writers seem to be Xhaztol and Aequorin so I doubt they specifically employ a writer (though maybe that's what SuburbanSamurai is!) [/quote] I knew that the Veilspun story was credited to Aequorin, because it came out recently, but I totally forgot that all of them were credited. There's actually a [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=83]credits page[/url] at the bottom of the site and you are right. Undel, Xhaztol, and Aequorin are specifically credited as writers, though it's at the end of the list for all of them, so I guess it's practically their least important job. SuburbanSamurai seems to be responsibe for art and custom skin support. There's also three writers credited as contributors, but we don't know when or what they've written. For some reason I thought that the BotE stories (sans the aforementioned Veilspun story) went uncredited like the other stories and encyclopedia entries, and I admittedly didn't fact check that, but I guess that basically confirms that Undel, Xhaztol, and Aequorin do most of the writing. Thanks for pointing that out.
Coincidence wrote on 2021-02-10 08:22:07:
@/syntribus bro why are you writing an entire essay on how much you don't like FR... on FR...

Where else should I have written? I don't use social media, visit any forums remotely about pet sims, and I don't have any friends that play FR, ergo it would have been impossible or useless for me to start any discussion elsewhere. People on FR obviously care and know about FR, though, or they wouldn't be here in the first place.

Also, I assume that you didn't read my other posts (I don't blame you) where I said that I do enjoy the breeding, geneing, and dressing of dragons. Yes I know, I tend to go on huge tangents. Believe me, I had to revise my posts quite a bit or they would have been even longer.

xxvi wrote on 2021-02-10 08:29:12:
actually people can't complain about you; i'm pretty sure that's against the harassment/callout rules, i'm no expert though

goodness this derailed didn't it

Well, I wasn't talking about hopping on FRD and making a post just to trash another person, that's just scummy, but everyone should feel free to tell me whatever they want, even if they think that I'm trash rude. I obviously don't enforce the rules, though, and as I said, talking about people behind their back is awful.

Reggae wrote on 2021-02-10 10:12:58:
@/Sybtribus no problem, I’ve been around about 55-60 virtual pet sites for about 12 years. Flightising is arguably the most engaging site in terms of what you can do and the player base next to the other dragon-story based sim (the N one for children). Even though I get bored too, I still can’t manage to leave lol

There are virtual games which are closer to what your describing in terms of activities to do, but they’re not as active and have lots of complaints/toxic moderation. For example, this critique you’re providing would get your profile, your pets, and your posts removed on other games unfortunately (not being rude, there are document events on tumble that show this terrible sort of thing happening). FR thankfully lets us debate respectfully and I’m glad we’re able to chat with you and openly see each other’s views. The other sims aren’t as known, but VirtualPetList has a catalog of them.

Most pet sites go under because of costs, drama sadly, true lack of content, or disorganization. I know I sound like an advertisement, but if you tried any other game you would really appreciate what this one has to offer. Yes there is absolutely room for improvement and growth, but it takes time and patience.

Wow, that's a lot, I didn't even know that so many existed. Thanks for mentioning that site, I'll take a look at it later!

I'm honestly very surprised that no moderator locked the thread, deleted posts or just banned me. I expected to get some kind of warning at least, but I didn't get that either. I truly appreciate that, I've also seen some communities where people were kicked out and banned just because they didn't share the opinion of the admins and their clique, and those environments aren't exactly inviting.

I definitely could have been more tactful to start off this discussion, but I'm not being sarcastic when I say thanks for the discussion, I really appreciated getting different views. And you are right, the good thing about FR is that you can't fall behind, so I'll just stay on the sidelines for now and who knows, perhaps something that really appeals to me will come out some day.

Ceylar wrote on 2021-02-10 13:59:28:
@/Syntribus Just commenting because I don't believe they do employ any writers, or at least no one specifically for writing content for the game. As with the very recent typo edits, Undel is the one who corrected them (though they might not be the one who actually writes them originally) and looking through the bounty of the elements stories it seems they're written by Xhaztol, Undel, Aequorin and SuburbanSamurai, though the two main writers seem to be Xhaztol and Aequorin so I doubt they specifically employ a writer (though maybe that's what SuburbanSamurai is!)

I knew that the Veilspun story was credited to Aequorin, because it came out recently, but I totally forgot that all of them were credited. There's actually a credits page at the bottom of the site and you are right. Undel, Xhaztol, and Aequorin are specifically credited as writers, though it's at the end of the list for all of them, so I guess it's practically their least important job. SuburbanSamurai seems to be responsibe for art and custom skin support. There's also three writers credited as contributors, but we don't know when or what they've written.

For some reason I thought that the BotE stories (sans the aforementioned Veilspun story) went uncredited like the other stories and encyclopedia entries, and I admittedly didn't fact check that, but I guess that basically confirms that Undel, Xhaztol, and Aequorin do most of the writing. Thanks for pointing that out.
@undeadcynic

Looks like abyss petals!
@undeadcynic

Looks like abyss petals!
                              ONhwlz1.gif
Hi! I'm Sloan
'91, ??, FR+2
Tritype 459     
They're amazingly beautiful!!
They're amazingly beautiful!!
Looking for Blush/Pale goldish/Pale goldish Light G1s. If you would like to offer one, please PM me with the price!
64yTED.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44