Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Chitinous Armor Part 2
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38 39
I love the fading chitin!
I love the fading chitin!
Beautiful!
Beautiful!
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
:O very cool!
:O very cool!
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Woo hoo! Some more alchemic recipes.
Woo hoo! Some more alchemic recipes.
tumblr_inline_njviw7oGr71qg2i5p.png
They're lovely, and thank you for giving us a few pieces as a gift! Best wishes to all of you devs for the new year. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
They're lovely, and thank you for giving us a few pieces as a gift! Best wishes to all of you devs for the new year.
Was hoping with a new colour set released, the clipping errors would have been fixed. The green set would look great on some of my peridot G1's, but the clipping over the SD wings still puts me off a great deal. :/
Was hoping with a new colour set released, the clipping errors would have been fixed. The green set would look great on some of my peridot G1's, but the clipping over the SD wings still puts me off a great deal. :/
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
Corroding works so well with Green Fade/Blend... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1281398&skin=0&apparel=37677,37676,37687,37686,37696,37697&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Corroding works so well with Green Fade/Blend...
scry?sdid=1281398&skin=0&apparel=37677,37676,37687,37686,37696,37697&xt=dressing.png
pro tips:
- if you add a message to a CR then decline it, the person who you're trading with CAN'T see the message - editing a post DOES NOT re-ping any pings in the post. you have to remove the pings, submit, then add them back in.
Great work on the colour, but we *really* wish the existing problems of this set were fixed beforehand...

There are a number of clipping issues that still not have been addressed, not to mention the individual pieces that just don't want to play nice when used in a full set. We are sure it has been pointed out countless times before us, but we feel we should re-iterate on those complaints - perhaps, they will be heard if enough of us notes them down.
With all these the armor set just does not look up to par with the art quality of the site - which is a damn shame, since the concept of insect armour is great in itself.
Great work on the colour, but we *really* wish the existing problems of this set were fixed beforehand...

There are a number of clipping issues that still not have been addressed, not to mention the individual pieces that just don't want to play nice when used in a full set. We are sure it has been pointed out countless times before us, but we feel we should re-iterate on those complaints - perhaps, they will be heard if enough of us notes them down.
With all these the armor set just does not look up to par with the art quality of the site - which is a damn shame, since the concept of insect armour is great in itself.
cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
Thank you for the gift, and these color variations look quite good! However, I have some concerns about the art quality. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=8&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png[/img] No perspective on the neck plating whatsoever. It does not follow the curve of the body at all. It just goes one direction then suddenly flips the other way. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png[/img] There is no regard for how the apparel interacts with the wings. Why does it clip through wings? and not just that, why does it clip through one layer of feathers and not the other?? Moreover, it isn't even consistent with the skydancer male: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png[/img] Bizarrely it still clips over the wing, but not the feathered part. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=7&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685,37695&xt=dressing.png[/img] And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the greatest of them all: these 2 pieces of the same set are not even compatible. I don't understand how these passed quality control. The first armour set had to undergo a number of day zero fixes and yet here we are on the second set and still these errors still exist. It's disappointing to me because I really REALLY wanted to be excited for this set (and I do love these colors, they are excellent!). I love seeing more armour, I love the antennae on the helmets, I love the diaphanous texture on the wings, but it's hard to appreciate the set when the rest is a mess. I'll probably use the helmets and wings, but pass on the rest. I really hope that future apparel will have more care put into them, even if it takes longer. I'm okay with waiting longer for higher quality. To me, it would be absolutely worth it.
Thank you for the gift, and these color variations look quite good!

However, I have some concerns about the art quality.

dummy?breed=8&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png
No perspective on the neck plating whatsoever. It does not follow the curve of the body at all. It just goes one direction then suddenly flips the other way.

dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png
There is no regard for how the apparel interacts with the wings. Why does it clip through wings? and not just that, why does it clip through one layer of feathers and not the other?? Moreover, it isn't even consistent with the skydancer male:
dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png
Bizarrely it still clips over the wing, but not the feathered part.

dummy?breed=7&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685,37695&xt=dressing.png
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the greatest of them all: these 2 pieces of the same set are not even compatible.

I don't understand how these passed quality control. The first armour set had to undergo a number of day zero fixes and yet here we are on the second set and still these errors still exist. It's disappointing to me because I really REALLY wanted to be excited for this set (and I do love these colors, they are excellent!). I love seeing more armour, I love the antennae on the helmets, I love the diaphanous texture on the wings, but it's hard to appreciate the set when the rest is a mess. I'll probably use the helmets and wings, but pass on the rest.

I really hope that future apparel will have more care put into them, even if it takes longer. I'm okay with waiting longer for higher quality. To me, it would be absolutely worth it.
TngcDHe.png
Ohhh
Ohhh
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38 39