Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed: Veilspun Dragons
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 180 181
[quote name="Wyrmilius" date="2020-11-12 13:41:19" ] [quote name="Oriette" date="2020-11-12 13:28:13" ] While I would have loved a free gene scroll, I also believe FR fully deserves the sales that those scrolls will generate. The effort put into the site lately and the incredible work done on this breed, to me, justifies asking people to support the site. We know that sales of this scroll will drop off in a few months, and I'm guessing the initial sale of gems for scrolls is where FR has the best opportunity to generate funds. Personally, I think FR deserves that support, as I love the site and hope that it continues to grow & develop for many years to come. I hope this doesn't seem hostile in any way, just thought I would put it out there. I love that the money we put into this site generates new content and supports artists and other creators to keep doing this work that we all get to enjoy. :) Personally I know I will probably be waiting a while to get my hands on one, but that's alright by me. Thank you for this gorgeous new dragon, it speaks to my soul. :) [/quote] THIS. I just got back to the game a few days ago. I barely had time to feed my dragons so I'm quite out of the loop and broke right now. Freebies are amazing but let's not forgot that FR team needs to make money to keep this site running and new content incoming. The last gem breed were coatls back in 2014, so SIX YEARS AGO. I think this is a good moment to release another one and it is still more affordable being 50% of the original gem breeds price. I could say that I'm frustrated that I don't have a light sprite or G1 Imperial because I'm on uneven footing by not being around here when Kickstarter launched, but that would be silly. TLDR: New breed good, let FR team make some money to keep this site running [/quote] My thoughts exactly! This is isn't evil cApItAlIsM making a cheap cash grab. This is a business. FR pays their employees living wages. You don't see that very often. That means they need income. For a premium currency gems are VERY easy to get through in-game means. Those of us who can buy gems will,[b] those who can't can still earn gems, just a bit slower.[/b] Why do I keep seeing people acting like the ONLY way to get gems is to pay for them? Veilspuns are gorgeous and more than worth their gem price tag.
Wyrmilius wrote on 2020-11-12 13:41:19:
Oriette wrote on 2020-11-12 13:28:13:
While I would have loved a free gene scroll, I also believe FR fully deserves the sales that those scrolls will generate. The effort put into the site lately and the incredible work done on this breed, to me, justifies asking people to support the site. We know that sales of this scroll will drop off in a few months, and I'm guessing the initial sale of gems for scrolls is where FR has the best opportunity to generate funds. Personally, I think FR deserves that support, as I love the site and hope that it continues to grow & develop for many years to come. I hope this doesn't seem hostile in any way, just thought I would put it out there. I love that the money we put into this site generates new content and supports artists and other creators to keep doing this work that we all get to enjoy. :)

Personally I know I will probably be waiting a while to get my hands on one, but that's alright by me. Thank you for this gorgeous new dragon, it speaks to my soul. :)

THIS. I just got back to the game a few days ago. I barely had time to feed my dragons so I'm quite out of the loop and broke right now.
Freebies are amazing but let's not forgot that FR team needs to make money to keep this site running and new content incoming. The last gem breed were coatls back in 2014, so SIX YEARS AGO. I think this is a good moment to release another one and it is still more affordable being 50% of the original gem breeds price.
I could say that I'm frustrated that I don't have a light sprite or G1 Imperial because I'm on uneven footing by not being around here when Kickstarter launched, but that would be silly.

TLDR: New breed good, let FR team make some money to keep this site running

My thoughts exactly! This is isn't evil cApItAlIsM making a cheap cash grab. This is a business. FR pays their employees living wages. You don't see that very often. That means they need income. For a premium currency gems are VERY easy to get through in-game means. Those of us who can buy gems will, those who can't can still earn gems, just a bit slower. Why do I keep seeing people acting like the ONLY way to get gems is to pay for them?

Veilspuns are gorgeous and more than worth their gem price tag.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
this update is amazing, i love the new breed so much!!!!
this update is amazing, i love the new breed so much!!!!
21402.png - Fae | They/Them

Hatchery
OvXXMvX.png
i am in LOVE with them oms
i am in LOVE with them oms
!! signature under construction !!
Gonna add my voice to the "it's not a big deal we didn't get freebies" argument. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised when we did get freebies with both gaolers and banescales, but I am almost positive most of the other breeds weren't given away to all users upon release. I know for a fact that wasn't the case when bogsneaks were released back in 2016. If you wanted one, you had to brew it yourself. If you weren't high enough baldwin level to do that, you had to buy from another user or grind until you leveled up.

Is it a pain in the but to grind for gems? Absolutely, I hate it too. But we're here to play a game, not to have everything just handed to us. If there's nothing to work for, no big reward the pay off for all the hard work you put in, what's even the point of a game? One of my favorite dragons is a wildclaw with constellation, and that dragon was neither born a wildclaw nor born with constellation. I saved up for those scrolls, painstakingly, for months. But I value that dragon all the more highly for the work I had to invest in him.

Also, as some have pointed out, we've known this was going to be a gem dragon and we weren't getting freebies since March. This shouldn't come as a surprise. FR team has to keep the lights on somehow.
Gonna add my voice to the "it's not a big deal we didn't get freebies" argument. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised when we did get freebies with both gaolers and banescales, but I am almost positive most of the other breeds weren't given away to all users upon release. I know for a fact that wasn't the case when bogsneaks were released back in 2016. If you wanted one, you had to brew it yourself. If you weren't high enough baldwin level to do that, you had to buy from another user or grind until you leveled up.

Is it a pain in the but to grind for gems? Absolutely, I hate it too. But we're here to play a game, not to have everything just handed to us. If there's nothing to work for, no big reward the pay off for all the hard work you put in, what's even the point of a game? One of my favorite dragons is a wildclaw with constellation, and that dragon was neither born a wildclaw nor born with constellation. I saved up for those scrolls, painstakingly, for months. But I value that dragon all the more highly for the work I had to invest in him.

Also, as some have pointed out, we've known this was going to be a gem dragon and we weren't getting freebies since March. This shouldn't come as a surprise. FR team has to keep the lights on somehow.
doFoi94.png
[color=#006ab8]@Winterize I was actually thinking of grabbing a few sets of these to add to my Free XXX Ice Hatchery thread I run over in the Ice forums. You will have to check it out down the road. I was gonna get one pair like this, definitely: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441089007523463178/776563710952079420/dragon.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441089007523463178/776563723874598932/dragon.png[/img] and maybe [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405790455721361411/776557863224213524/dragon.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405790455721361411/776557874171478066/dragon.png[/img]
@Winterize I was actually thinking of grabbing a few sets of these to add to my Free XXX Ice Hatchery thread I run over in the Ice forums. You will have to check it out down the road. I was gonna get one pair like this, definitely:
dragon.pngdragon.png

and maybe
dragon.pngdragon.png
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
With maintenence right after the teaser, I figured they were being released today! As much as the design might be wonky, I actually kinda dig the swamp monster + faerie trickster idea. I like how unique this design is compared to the other dragons!
With maintenence right after the teaser, I figured they were being released today! As much as the design might be wonky, I actually kinda dig the swamp monster + faerie trickster idea. I like how unique this design is compared to the other dragons!
IT6Jenx.pngNOzEL0a.png
THE ONE DAY I'M ON A PLANE ALL DAY YOU ANNOUNCE THIS
THE ONE DAY I'M ON A PLANE ALL DAY YOU ANNOUNCE THIS
I feel like many of the people upset about not getting a scroll/egg like past ancients were not around during when other gem breeds were introduced. I remember being a newbie and getting ANY Coatl was still very expensive and many were just not that good looking. That's how gem breeds are supposed to be, and that's how they all started. They'll become less difficult to obtain over time, but not being able to get your hands on one immediately isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And as many others have said, if you're willing to sell any random apparel items or chests from fams, or fams, or even food, on the AH for gems, you can save up for a scroll. 1000g is half the price of modern gem breeds, which has been the basic pattern for ALL ancient scrolls, they're about half price of modern.
I feel like many of the people upset about not getting a scroll/egg like past ancients were not around during when other gem breeds were introduced. I remember being a newbie and getting ANY Coatl was still very expensive and many were just not that good looking. That's how gem breeds are supposed to be, and that's how they all started. They'll become less difficult to obtain over time, but not being able to get your hands on one immediately isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And as many others have said, if you're willing to sell any random apparel items or chests from fams, or fams, or even food, on the AH for gems, you can save up for a scroll. 1000g is half the price of modern gem breeds, which has been the basic pattern for ALL ancient scrolls, they're about half price of modern.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I wish a developer would help me with my huge bugged issue of hundreds of items getting stuck in the Crossroads but instead they were busy making more ancient dragons. Not even modern. I look forward to being able to NOT USE THE SITE and NOT HAVE THESE DRAGONS since everything is broken. Am I the only one tired of ancient dragons? I don't like that you can't breed them with anyone else and you can't even put clothes on them. And now this, I have to pay tons of money just to have one. What's the point?
I wish a developer would help me with my huge bugged issue of hundreds of items getting stuck in the Crossroads but instead they were busy making more ancient dragons. Not even modern. I look forward to being able to NOT USE THE SITE and NOT HAVE THESE DRAGONS since everything is broken. Am I the only one tired of ancient dragons? I don't like that you can't breed them with anyone else and you can't even put clothes on them. And now this, I have to pay tons of money just to have one. What's the point?
*~*Hey Icicles! Come get a TINY GRAB BAG!*~*
i love them so much i *had* to splurge to get my girl ready as soon as i could... here she is... [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49617191][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/496172/49617191_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
i love them so much i *had* to splurge to get my girl ready as soon as i could... here she is...
49617191_350.png
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 180 181