Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed: Veilspun Dragons
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 180 181
!! A new breed! Another one with fashionable hair too! They look amazing!
!! A new breed! Another one with fashionable hair too! They look amazing!
| She/her |
|
Major bird nerd |
|
Trade thread |

|
Ping me everywhere! |
_ _ _____ small pixel of Flannery, as a Yi Qi dinosaur64297510_Ug4.pngpixel of Gearguts as a Rhamphorrynchus
Aww, a gem scroll? I guess I'll have to wait until good ol' Capitalism makes them cheaper.
Aww, a gem scroll? I guess I'll have to wait until good ol' Capitalism makes them cheaper.
[quote name="Oriette" date="2020-11-12 13:28:13" ] While I would have loved a free gene scroll, I also believe FR fully deserves the sales that those scrolls will generate. The effort put into the site lately and the incredible work done on this breed, to me, justifies asking people to support the site. We know that sales of this scroll will drop off in a few months, and I'm guessing the initial sale of gems for scrolls is where FR has the best opportunity to generate funds. Personally, I think FR deserves that support, as I love the site and hope that it continues to grow & develop for many years to come. I hope this doesn't seem hostile in any way, just thought I would put it out there. I love that the money we put into this site generates new content and supports artists and other creators to keep doing this work that we all get to enjoy. :) Personally I know I will probably be waiting a while to get my hands on one, but that's alright by me. Thank you for this gorgeous new dragon, it speaks to my soul. :) [/quote] THIS. I just got back to the game a few days ago. I barely had time to feed my dragons so I'm quite out of the loop and broke right now. Freebies are amazing but let's not forgot that FR team needs to make money to keep this site running and new content incoming. The last gem breed were coatls back in 2014, so SIX YEARS AGO. I think this is a good moment to release another one and it is still more affordable being 50% of the original gem breeds price. I could say that I'm frustrated that I don't have a light sprite or G1 Imperial because I'm on uneven footing by not being around here when Kickstarter launched, but that would be silly. TLDR: New breed good, let FR team make some money to keep this site running
Oriette wrote on 2020-11-12 13:28:13:
While I would have loved a free gene scroll, I also believe FR fully deserves the sales that those scrolls will generate. The effort put into the site lately and the incredible work done on this breed, to me, justifies asking people to support the site. We know that sales of this scroll will drop off in a few months, and I'm guessing the initial sale of gems for scrolls is where FR has the best opportunity to generate funds. Personally, I think FR deserves that support, as I love the site and hope that it continues to grow & develop for many years to come. I hope this doesn't seem hostile in any way, just thought I would put it out there. I love that the money we put into this site generates new content and supports artists and other creators to keep doing this work that we all get to enjoy. :)

Personally I know I will probably be waiting a while to get my hands on one, but that's alright by me. Thank you for this gorgeous new dragon, it speaks to my soul. :)

THIS. I just got back to the game a few days ago. I barely had time to feed my dragons so I'm quite out of the loop and broke right now.
Freebies are amazing but let's not forgot that FR team needs to make money to keep this site running and new content incoming. The last gem breed were coatls back in 2014, so SIX YEARS AGO. I think this is a good moment to release another one and it is still more affordable being 50% of the original gem breeds price.
I could say that I'm frustrated that I don't have a light sprite or G1 Imperial because I'm on uneven footing by not being around here when Kickstarter launched, but that would be silly.

TLDR: New breed good, let FR team make some money to keep this site running
Adopt Shop | Accent Shop | Art Shop
I'm 9 hours ahead of FR time so sometimes I might reply a bit late!
Will probably get one once the issue with multigaze clipping over the Beetle tert is fixed.

EDIT: oh also I agree that making this dragon premium currency only is reaaaally lame. Of course staff needs to make money but there are other ways to monetize than make certain features totally unattainable to teenage or casual players that don't want to or CAN'T spend irl money. I say that as someone who HAS the gems to buy these guys...and a job if I wanted to spend money on a petsite, lol. I don't like premium currency systems in general.

Not even going to go into how the whole point of ancients on the staffs end is that theyre less work to bring into the game...why are they more expensive if they were easier to create and incorporate?
Will probably get one once the issue with multigaze clipping over the Beetle tert is fixed.

EDIT: oh also I agree that making this dragon premium currency only is reaaaally lame. Of course staff needs to make money but there are other ways to monetize than make certain features totally unattainable to teenage or casual players that don't want to or CAN'T spend irl money. I say that as someone who HAS the gems to buy these guys...and a job if I wanted to spend money on a petsite, lol. I don't like premium currency systems in general.

Not even going to go into how the whole point of ancients on the staffs end is that theyre less work to bring into the game...why are they more expensive if they were easier to create and incorporate?
o
o Mirror Adopts
wowowowowowwww i LOVE how they look like a fairy-type dragon but with something just SLIGHTLY off about them... fantastic update :D
wowowowowowwww i LOVE how they look like a fairy-type dragon but with something just SLIGHTLY off about them... fantastic update :D
[quote name="TruthseekerSky6" date="2020-11-12 13:35:16" ] Guess we’re all vibing/being sad over not being able to afford a scroll. (to counter the arguments of those who say you can get a scroll in a few days, may I add that some of us have a life and don’t have time to spend endless hours over a game of pixel dragons?) [/quote] I just want to say, 30 minutes a day for a few weeks can get you a scroll easy. Now it's one thing if you maybe have difficulty understanding G&G, but as a fellow person who is also an adult with a job, you get what you put in and FR is very fair with their premium currency compared to other sites.
TruthseekerSky6 wrote on 2020-11-12 13:35:16:
Guess we’re all vibing/being sad over not being able to afford a scroll. (to counter the arguments of those who say you can get a scroll in a few days, may I add that some of us have a life and don’t have time to spend endless hours over a game of pixel dragons?)

I just want to say, 30 minutes a day for a few weeks can get you a scroll easy.
Now it's one thing if you maybe have difficulty understanding G&G, but as a fellow person who is also an adult with a job, you get what you put in and FR is very fair with their premium currency compared to other sites.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2020-11-12 13:26:35" ] Oh... oh. I want twelve. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=19&gender=1&age=1&bodygene=71&body=10&winggene=66&wings=11&tertgene=64&tert=3&element=6&eyetype=4][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=64&winggene=66&wings=11&auth=d7a996be943b73729d6efe5eed8d15b4e7162cf3&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [/quote] Oh. Oh, this is gorgeous! Not even close to my usual aesthetic, but I love it!
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2020-11-12 13:26:35:
Oh... oh. I want twelve.
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=64&winggene=66&wings=11&auth=d7a996be943b73729d6efe5eed8d15b4e7162cf3&dummyext=prev.png

Oh.

Oh, this is gorgeous! Not even close to my usual aesthetic, but I love it!
hJWOfQK.png
I've been messing with the scrying workshop for hours and I love this dragon. No matter the color or gene the thing looks amazing! I think this is my new favorite breed, just have to wait until the prices calm down!
I've been messing with the scrying workshop for hours and I love this dragon. No matter the color or gene the thing looks amazing! I think this is my new favorite breed, just have to wait until the prices calm down!
It looks cool but ancients aren't exciting enough for me to get excited about this. Like the artwork but I really don't get the big deal about ancients. With so many things you can't do with them, and they all have an overall "messy" style like there are so many features on their body you can't even tell what their anatomy is, I find it hard to see the point of acquiring these types of dragons. Would be cool if these dragons were modern instead. I get how you are able to release dragons faster when they're ancient but is releasing dragons fast really better than releasing dragons that actually have all capabilities and functions?

Editing to say this is especially audacious that you already reduced a dragon's capabilities by making it ancient, but then only making it available through the currency you have to spend real money on? While we're in a pandemic? This is insulting. Capitalism at its finest right here. Can't even avoid people trying to sell you stuff even in a cute dragon game. I'm so fed up.
It looks cool but ancients aren't exciting enough for me to get excited about this. Like the artwork but I really don't get the big deal about ancients. With so many things you can't do with them, and they all have an overall "messy" style like there are so many features on their body you can't even tell what their anatomy is, I find it hard to see the point of acquiring these types of dragons. Would be cool if these dragons were modern instead. I get how you are able to release dragons faster when they're ancient but is releasing dragons fast really better than releasing dragons that actually have all capabilities and functions?

Editing to say this is especially audacious that you already reduced a dragon's capabilities by making it ancient, but then only making it available through the currency you have to spend real money on? While we're in a pandemic? This is insulting. Capitalism at its finest right here. Can't even avoid people trying to sell you stuff even in a cute dragon game. I'm so fed up.
Wing-L.png7GZL67L.pngkRuXbjj.pngRBvgAJf.pngWing-R.png
Ok, I love them. Definitely my favourite ancient breed so far. I love the design and the genes! I have so many ideas.
Ok, I love them. Definitely my favourite ancient breed so far. I love the design and the genes! I have so many ideas.
ZVpCPil.png
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 180 181