Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Hoard & Vault Revamp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84
[center][permalink][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/banner_wegaveyouafewmorewaystomanipulateboxesontheinternet.png[/img][/permalink][/center] Our revamp to the Hoard and Vault systems is now live! This update includes major improvements to [b]searching[/b], [b]navigation[/b], [b]organization[/b], and [b]item usage[/b]. [center][permalink][b]Click here to learn more about this update.[/b][/permalink][/center] [more] -------------------- [info]The majority of the post below has been carried over from our [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2911548][b]Dev Update[/b][/url] on the feature.[/info] [size=5][b]Hoard/Vault Revamp[/b][/size] Today, we're happy to launch our [b]revamp of the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/hoard]Hoard and Vault[/url] systems[/b], both of which have received [b]significant improvements[/b] from top-to-bottom! [size=5][b]Improved Searching and Filtering[/b][/size] One of the top suggestions in the Suggestions forum [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/search/forums?forum=sug&term=search+hoard][b]was a search feature in both the Hoard and Vault,[/b][/url] as it would enable you to find easily and efficiently find items. We've implemented robust and comprehensive search options to many previous revamps, and this addition is a continuation of those long-term design goals. We're excited to share with you the different ways that the Hoard and Vault now support narrowing down your item searching, including: [LIST] [*]Searching by [b]name[/b] [*]Filtering by [b]stack size[/b] [*]Filtering by item [b]subcategory[/b] [*]Filtering by item [b]rarity[/b] [*]Filtering by item [b]color[/b] [*]Filtering by item's [b]usage in other game features[/b]. [*]Sorting items [b]alphabetically[/b] [/LIST] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_searching.png[/img] [size=2][i]Searching for the term "slime" filters the results to only items with the word "slime" in their name.[/i][/size][/center] [size=5][b]Item Interaction Window[/b][/size] While the legacy Hoard allowed for simple functions for only a few types of items (e.g. opening chests, applying genes and vistas, etc.), the revamp now [b]expands the amount of available functions[/b] you can perform on a single stack of items. We handle this through the new [b]item interaction window[/b], which appears when you click on the icon for any stack of items (the term "stack" meaning anything from 1-99). Each item’s interaction window will display a custom array of buttons that will allow you to perform [b]several actions[/b], including (but not limited to): [LIST] [*][b]Converting food items[/b] to food [b]points[/b] [*]Opening [b]container items[/b] [*][b]Previewing[/b] items like familiars, apparel, skins, vistas, and scenes [*][b]Transmuting[/b] a single item from the stack at [b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/b] [i](provided his cauldron is empty)[/i] [*][b]Selling[/b] the selected item [*][b]Selling all duplicates[/b] of the selected item, should you have more than one stack of it [*]Listing the selected item for [b]auction[/b] [*][b]Storing[/b] the item in your Vault or [b]withdrawing[/b] the item to you Hoard [/LIST] You can dismiss this window by clicking or tapping anywhere else on the page. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_iteminteractionwindow.png[/img] [size=2][i]The item interaction window for the food item Armored Catfish, showing the array of new actions that can be performed on the stack.[/i][/size][/center] [size=5][b]Opening Chests with Random Contents[/b][/size] To expand upon the new actions available in the item interaction window, we've made some improvements to the act of [b]opening chests that have randomized contents.[/b] In the legacy version of the feature, it was only possible to open these items one-at-a-time (1). In the revamp, [b]we've increased that count to ten-at-time (10)[/b]. This should make cracking open stacks of these chests a little bit easier! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_open10randomchests.png[/img] [size=2][i]A dialog window asking if the player would like to open ten (10) Iron Treasure Chests at the same time.[/i][/size][/center] [size=5][b]Locked Items & Favorites[/b][/size] At the very bottom of the item interaction window, you'll notice two toggles: [size=4][b]Lock[/b][/size] This toggle [b]locks all instances of the item in your Hoard from being able to be sold for treasure[/b]. In the case of food items, it also [b]prevents them from being converted to food points[/b]. If you're holding onto some items for a special purpose, objective, or sentimental value, this is a great way to safeguard them. Locked items will be denoted by [b]reduced opacity[/b] for the item container. [info]This does NOT prevent them from being used in other site features such as [b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/b], [b]Swipp's Swap Stand[/b], or [b]Crim's Collection Cart[/b]. It only prevents an item from accidentally being sold for treasure (or in the case of food items, converted to food points) directly from the Hoard.[/info] [size=4][b]Favorite[/b][/size] This toggle [b]favorites all instances of the item in your Hoard[/b]. While this toggle doesn't prevent using or selling the item, it can provide you an extra way of classifying items that you like or that are important to you. Favorite items are denoted by a [b]yellow star[/b] in the top right corner of the item container. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_lockitem_1.png[/img] [size=2][i]The location of the lock toggle on the item interaction window, as well as evidence that selling the item has been restricted due to the toggle's state.[/i][/size][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_locksfavorites.png[/img] [size=2][i]A selection of items in the Hoard, some having been locked or favorited by the player.[/i][/size][/center] Both toggles also have accompanying [b]Quick Filter buttons[/b] in the top right corner of the Hoard that, when activated, will show you only items that have been toggled into that state. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_lockfilter.png[/img] [size=2][i]The locked items Quick Filter is enabled, showing only those food items that have been set to a locked state.[/i][/size][/center] [size=5][b]Additional Hoard Options[/b][/size] In addition to everything listed above, we've launched the feature with a few expanded options that you can enable by clicking or tapping the gear icon in the top corner of the page. [size=4][b]Virtual Stacks[/b][/size] Like to keep a tidy Hoard? It is now possible to [b]collapse identical items down into what we're calling "virtual stacks".[/b] [indent][i][b]Example[/b]: If you have three (3) stacks of the same item, all in quantities of ninety-nine (99), enabling this option would collapse them down into [b]a single "virtual stack" of two hundred ninety-seven (297).[/b][/i][/indent] Even cooler, [b]this option affects items that don't typically stack above one (1)[/b], like familiars and apparel. We hope it's useful for people who like to keep their inventory concise and orderly. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_virtualstack.png[/img] [size=2][i]A selection of familiar items; some that have duplicates have been collapsed into "virtual stacks".[/i][/size][/center] [info]This option is [b]purely visual[/b]. You cannot manipulate a virtual stack like you can a normal one. Thankfully, clicking or tapping on a virtual stack will take you to [b]a specialized view where the individual stacks are broken apart.[/b] From there, you can perform any of your standard item actions on the individual smaller stacks.[/info] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_virtualstackcontents.png[/img] [size=2][i]A specialized view of a "virtual stack" of plant food items showing that it is comprised of six (6) individual stacks.[/i][/size][/center] [size=4][b]Useful Items for Other Features[/b][/size] This next one is one we're particularly excited about. Once this option is enabled, [b]items that have multiple important uses in other site features[/b] have their usage case(s) denoted at the bottom of the item container in the form of [b]colorized bars and icons[/b]. Mousing over those bars will tell you what the item is useful for. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_itemusages.png[/img] [size=2][i]A screenshot depicting the multiple uses for the item [b]Sizzling Phosphorous[/b]. The colored bars and icons indicate it is useful in [b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/b] and for a [b]Hibernal Den[/b] task.[/i][/size][/center] [size=4][b]Items Per Page[/b][/size] When we first developed [i]Flight Rising[/i], we designed a lot of our features to work well within a screen resolution that simply isn't that standard anymore. Now that mobile browsers and huge desktop/laptop monitors are commonplace, we wanted to give players more options for showing items per page. It is now possible to [b]show up to fifty-six (56) items[/b] per Hoard/Vault page! [info]If the amount of items per page exceeds the height of your browser window, the action buttons that exist at the bottom of the Hoard will "hook" themselves to the bottom of the window instead so that you don't need to scroll all the way to the bottom.[/info] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_56itemscroll.png[/img] [size=2][i]With 56 items shown per page, those that don't vertically fit on the page have been partially obscured by a gradated horizontal bar of item actions. A pair of downward arrows indicate that the player can keep scrolling to see more items.[/i][/size][/center] [size=5][b]Self Service: Item Restoration[/b][/size] The launch of this feature revamp also includes a [b]brand new option[/b] in our [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/support/self-service][b]Self-Service support menu[/b][/url]. If you make a mistake in hoard-selling an item or multiple items, it is possible to [b]buy them back[/b] (for a markup) using this option. [info]Similar to [b]Dragon Restoration[/b], only items that you've sold within the last fourteen (14) days will be eligible for restoration. Additionally, only items sold [i]from this point forward[/i] after the launch of the feature will be logged; you will not be able to restore any items you sold in the fourteen (14) days prior to the feature's existence. [b][i]Flight Rising[/i] Support team members will be unable to assist in restoring items that were not sold within that fourteen (14) day window.[/b][/info] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_itemrestoration.png[/img] [size=2][i]A screenshot depicting the [b]Self-Service[/b] hub, including the new option for Item Restoration.[/i][/size][/center] ------------ Thanks to everyone who provided feedback over the years about the Hoard and Vault through our Suggestions Forum, as well as those who interfaced with us between the Dev Update and now. Almost all of the major improvements to these systems were a result of your voices. We're excited to finally launch another major feature in our sitewide refactor, which is now getting pretty close to completion. It's been a long, challenging journey, but along the way, [i]Flight Rising[/i] has gotten better for it, and we appreciate you hanging out with us while we make that trip!
banner_wegaveyouafewmorewaystomanipulateboxesontheinternet.png

Our revamp to the Hoard and Vault systems is now live! This update includes major improvements to searching, navigation, organization, and item usage.

The majority of the post below has been carried over from our Dev Update on the feature.

Hoard/Vault Revamp

Today, we're happy to launch our revamp of the Hoard and Vault systems, both of which have received significant improvements from top-to-bottom!

Improved Searching and Filtering

One of the top suggestions in the Suggestions forum was a search feature in both the Hoard and Vault, as it would enable you to find easily and efficiently find items. We've implemented robust and comprehensive search options to many previous revamps, and this addition is a continuation of those long-term design goals.

We're excited to share with you the different ways that the Hoard and Vault now support narrowing down your item searching, including:

• Searching by name
  • Filtering by stack size
  • Filtering by item subcategory
  • Filtering by item rarity
  • Filtering by item color
  • Filtering by item's usage in other game features.
  • Sorting items alphabetically

prev_hv_searching.png

Searching for the term "slime" filters the results to only items with the word "slime" in their name.

Item Interaction Window

While the legacy Hoard allowed for simple functions for only a few types of items (e.g. opening chests, applying genes and vistas, etc.), the revamp now expands the amount of available functions you can perform on a single stack of items.

We handle this through the new item interaction window, which appears when you click on the icon for any stack of items (the term "stack" meaning anything from 1-99). Each item’s interaction window will display a custom array of buttons that will allow you to perform several actions, including (but not limited to):

• Converting food items to food points
  • Opening container items
  • Previewing items like familiars, apparel, skins, vistas, and scenes
  • Transmuting a single item from the stack at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew (provided his cauldron is empty)
  • Selling the selected item
  • Selling all duplicates of the selected item, should you have more than one stack of it
  • Listing the selected item for auction
  • Storing the item in your Vault or withdrawing the item to you Hoard

You can dismiss this window by clicking or tapping anywhere else on the page.

prev_hv_iteminteractionwindow.png

The item interaction window for the food item Armored Catfish, showing the array of new actions that can be performed on the stack.

Opening Chests with Random Contents

To expand upon the new actions available in the item interaction window, we've made some improvements to the act of opening chests that have randomized contents.

In the legacy version of the feature, it was only possible to open these items one-at-a-time (1). In the revamp, we've increased that count to ten-at-time (10). This should make cracking open stacks of these chests a little bit easier!

prev_hv_open10randomchests.png

A dialog window asking if the player would like to open ten (10) Iron Treasure Chests at the same time.

Locked Items & Favorites

At the very bottom of the item interaction window, you'll notice two toggles:

Lock

This toggle locks all instances of the item in your Hoard from being able to be sold for treasure. In the case of food items, it also prevents them from being converted to food points. If you're holding onto some items for a special purpose, objective, or sentimental value, this is a great way to safeguard them. Locked items will be denoted by reduced opacity for the item container.
This does NOT prevent them from being used in other site features such as Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, Swipp's Swap Stand, or Crim's Collection Cart. It only prevents an item from accidentally being sold for treasure (or in the case of food items, converted to food points) directly from the Hoard.

Favorite

This toggle favorites all instances of the item in your Hoard. While this toggle doesn't prevent using or selling the item, it can provide you an extra way of classifying items that you like or that are important to you. Favorite items are denoted by a yellow star in the top right corner of the item container.

prev_hv_lockitem_1.png

The location of the lock toggle on the item interaction window, as well as evidence that selling the item has been restricted due to the toggle's state.
prev_hv_locksfavorites.png

A selection of items in the Hoard, some having been locked or favorited by the player.

Both toggles also have accompanying Quick Filter buttons in the top right corner of the Hoard that, when activated, will show you only items that have been toggled into that state.

prev_hv_lockfilter.png

The locked items Quick Filter is enabled, showing only those food items that have been set to a locked state.

Additional Hoard Options

In addition to everything listed above, we've launched the feature with a few expanded options that you can enable by clicking or tapping the gear icon in the top corner of the page.

Virtual Stacks

Like to keep a tidy Hoard? It is now possible to collapse identical items down into what we're calling "virtual stacks".

Example: If you have three (3) stacks of the same item, all in quantities of ninety-nine (99), enabling this option would collapse them down into a single "virtual stack" of two hundred ninety-seven (297).

Even cooler, this option affects items that don't typically stack above one (1), like familiars and apparel. We hope it's useful for people who like to keep their inventory concise and orderly.

prev_hv_virtualstack.png

A selection of familiar items; some that have duplicates have been collapsed into "virtual stacks".

This option is purely visual. You cannot manipulate a virtual stack like you can a normal one. Thankfully, clicking or tapping on a virtual stack will take you to a specialized view where the individual stacks are broken apart. From there, you can perform any of your standard item actions on the individual smaller stacks.

prev_hv_virtualstackcontents.png

A specialized view of a "virtual stack" of plant food items showing that it is comprised of six (6) individual stacks.

Useful Items for Other Features

This next one is one we're particularly excited about. Once this option is enabled, items that have multiple important uses in other site features have their usage case(s) denoted at the bottom of the item container in the form of colorized bars and icons. Mousing over those bars will tell you what the item is useful for.

prev_hv_itemusages.png

A screenshot depicting the multiple uses for the item Sizzling Phosphorous. The colored bars and icons indicate it is useful in Baldwin's Bubbling Brew and for a Hibernal Den task.

Items Per Page

When we first developed Flight Rising, we designed a lot of our features to work well within a screen resolution that simply isn't that standard anymore. Now that mobile browsers and huge desktop/laptop monitors are commonplace, we wanted to give players more options for showing items per page.

It is now possible to show up to fifty-six (56) items per Hoard/Vault page!

If the amount of items per page exceeds the height of your browser window, the action buttons that exist at the bottom of the Hoard will "hook" themselves to the bottom of the window instead so that you don't need to scroll all the way to the bottom.

prev_hv_56itemscroll.png

With 56 items shown per page, those that don't vertically fit on the page have been partially obscured by a gradated horizontal bar of item actions. A pair of downward arrows indicate that the player can keep scrolling to see more items.

Self Service: Item Restoration

The launch of this feature revamp also includes a brand new option in our Self-Service support menu. If you make a mistake in hoard-selling an item or multiple items, it is possible to buy them back (for a markup) using this option.
Similar to Dragon Restoration, only items that you've sold within the last fourteen (14) days will be eligible for restoration. Additionally, only items sold from this point forward after the launch of the feature will be logged; you will not be able to restore any items you sold in the fourteen (14) days prior to the feature's existence. Flight Rising Support team members will be unable to assist in restoring items that were not sold within that fourteen (14) day window.

prev_hv_itemrestoration.png

A screenshot depicting the Self-Service hub, including the new option for Item Restoration.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback over the years about the Hoard and Vault through our Suggestions Forum, as well as those who interfaced with us between the Dev Update and now. Almost all of the major improvements to these systems were a result of your voices.

We're excited to finally launch another major feature in our sitewide refactor, which is now getting pretty close to completion. It's been a long, challenging journey, but along the way, Flight Rising has gotten better for it, and we appreciate you hanging out with us while we make that trip!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
aHH FINALLY!
I waited for this so long, thank you all so much, this is awesome!!
aHH FINALLY!
I waited for this so long, thank you all so much, this is awesome!!
Hurrah, it's here! My baldwin/swipp and hibden items are saved.
Hurrah, it's here! My baldwin/swipp and hibden items are saved.
And there it is!
And there it is!
KmnIjfw.png
Cool! :D
Cool! :D
This is absolutely amazing! Such a QoL update :) <3 You FR team!!
This is absolutely amazing! Such a QoL update :) <3 You FR team!!
0o4ndhs.png
Oh wow!! I love the feature that tells you how much everything is selling for! Now I won’t have to estimate how much everything sold for!
Oh wow!! I love the feature that tells you how much everything is selling for! Now I won’t have to estimate how much everything sold for!
Valentine-Sig.png
wow!
wow!
epic
epic
Spr_2c_144_s.png Lucy (FR+3 / US EST)
ShinyVIStar.png art shop
ShinyVIStar.png wishlist
ShinyVIStar.png PM me for Toyhouse codes!!
70c9b36745a49fc9888c3550f61c4379c99dc258.png
YOOOO
YOOOO

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84