Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Glowtail
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 85 86
[quote name="Twizz" date="2020-05-08 12:10:37" ] Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing. Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first. As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces. And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it. Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen. [/quote] Broh you do realise this is a business and not someone's little personal pet project right? You do realise the people who made this lacklustre gene are making money off of their little to no effort? [u]"even constructive crit needs to be asked for first."[/u] I think you seem to forget that these admins and devs aren't your friends that are showing you their art because they want feedback on it. These are people employed to a company that is expected to provide a bare minimum quality product to it's consumers, and chief, they really missed their mark on this one.
Twizz wrote on 2020-05-08 12:10:37:
Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing.

Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first.

As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces.

And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it.

Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Broh you do realise this is a business and not someone's little personal pet project right? You do realise the people who made this lacklustre gene are making money off of their little to no effort? "even constructive crit needs to be asked for first." I think you seem to forget that these admins and devs aren't your friends that are showing you their art because they want feedback on it. These are people employed to a company that is expected to provide a bare minimum quality product to it's consumers, and chief, they really missed their mark on this one.
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.pngtumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
22 || She/Her || +2 FR Time
Dragon Dressup Service || Wishlist
WOW
WOW

Saint's Stamp Stop
Sorneith Culinary Society
Stained Glass Shop

They/Them
Please be patient with me, I'm chronically ill, and it causes fatigue and pain - response time will vary!
The familiars look so good! But the glowing tail is so cute! Firefly dragons here I come!!
The familiars look so good! But the glowing tail is so cute! Firefly dragons here I come!!
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
@Shakly
Big mood
@Shakly
Big mood
tumblr_pap6duN5Et1vvc1jno1_500.png

+3 fr time
I love the idea for this gene, honestly I do. However what the heck. The gene is supposed to glow and yet we cant break the line art on modern breeds genes. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/520800173585072148/708364697375604746/unknown.png[/img] So all we get is a weird overlap on only the areas where the tails come in contact or cross over the body. Next issue is that fade or more respectfully lack there of. It just starts and stops suddenly which is jarring and not at all a flattering design as I have seen many colors with just a grey transition between the two. Also why a gem gene? I am not going to pay thousands of gems to give a glowing butt to my dragons (though I have always wanted a firefly dragon) when it has such glaring issues. It just sets my art senses off badly. I feel like these concerns should have been addressed when the gene came out (as well as several other genes that have known issues) instead of just pumping out new idea after new idea. Yes I love the new fams, love the idea of expanding our current gene pool, but I also want to know that they are being addressed and carefully considered. I love this website beyond belief but I would love for ya'll to take some time and address current issues with art and other things rather than stamping out new things that also have issues. Small updates with little fixes and maybe apparel recolors not just boom big update boom another big update (I know it must take forever to get all the genes worked out for each breed and color you go artists cause you are amazing). I just hope these concerns will one day be addressed and fixed.
I love the idea for this gene, honestly I do. However what the heck.

The gene is supposed to glow and yet we cant break the line art on modern breeds genes.

unknown.png

So all we get is a weird overlap on only the areas where the tails come in contact or cross over the body.

Next issue is that fade or more respectfully lack there of. It just starts and stops suddenly which is jarring and not at all a flattering design as I have seen many colors with just a grey transition between the two.

Also why a gem gene? I am not going to pay thousands of gems to give a glowing butt to my dragons (though I have always wanted a firefly dragon) when it has such glaring issues. It just sets my art senses off badly.

I feel like these concerns should have been addressed when the gene came out (as well as several other genes that have known issues) instead of just pumping out new idea after new idea. Yes I love the new fams, love the idea of expanding our current gene pool, but I also want to know that they are being addressed and carefully considered.

I love this website beyond belief but I would love for ya'll to take some time and address current issues with art and other things rather than stamping out new things that also have issues. Small updates with little fixes and maybe apparel recolors not just boom big update boom another big update (I know it must take forever to get all the genes worked out for each breed and color you go artists cause you are amazing).

I just hope these concerns will one day be addressed and fixed.
Glimmer and glowtail, the new power tert pair. Let's goooo!
Glimmer and glowtail, the new power tert pair. Let's goooo!
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
[quote name="Skeksis" date="2020-05-08 12:13:10" ] [quote name="Twizz" date="2020-05-08 12:10:37" ] Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing. Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first. As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces. And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it. Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen. [/quote] twelve dollars for a gene with many art errors. this isnt 'weh we dont like it :((((' this about quality control and a lack of communication dont like the forums? dont go in them [/quote] Don't like it? Don't buy it then. Again, you (general you) are not entitled to FR's ear just because you don't like a gene. You're not their quality control. You're not on their staff. You can show your displeasure with a gene by [i]not using it[/i]. If it's not worth $12 to you then [i]don't buy it[/i]. You are still getting more than your hypothetical money's worth with the myriad other genes on this site that you can use and the fact that you can use this site [i]for free[/i]. [quote name="CherryRamune" date="2020-05-08 12:21:21" ] [quote name="Twizz" date="2020-05-08 12:10:37" ] Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing. Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first. As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces. And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it. Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen. [/quote] Broh you do realise this is a business and not someone's little personal pet project right? You do realise the people who made this lacklustre gene are making money off of their little to no effort? [u]"even constructive crit needs to be asked for first."[/u] I think you seem to forget that these admins and devs aren't your friends that are showing you their art because they want feedback on it. These are people employed to a company that is expected to provide a bare minimum quality product to it's consumers, and chief, they really missed their mark on this one. [/quote] Ah, here we go. "Little to no effort". Do you have any idea how much effort was put into this? How much "effort" is enough to you? And oh, okay, just because this is a company (never mind a small company that) suddenly basic human decency gets to be tossed out the window. Get off your freakin' high horse. You alone aren't paying FR's bills. There are thousands upon thousands of players and you are no more important than any one of them. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. [i]Flight Rising[/i] as a game is their product. Which, by the way, you are able to use 100% for free. Any new content they add to it is completely optional beyond the basic website. If there is something you don't like on FR you are 100% capable of either ignoring it or not using it. It is as simple as that.
Skeksis wrote on 2020-05-08 12:13:10:
Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing.

Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first.

As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces.

And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it.

Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen.

twelve dollars for a gene with many art errors. this isnt 'weh we dont like it :((((' this about quality control and a lack of communication
dont like the forums? dont go in them

Don't like it? Don't buy it then.

Again, you (general you) are not entitled to FR's ear just because you don't like a gene. You're not their quality control. You're not on their staff.

You can show your displeasure with a gene by not using it.

If it's not worth $12 to you then don't buy it.

You are still getting more than your hypothetical money's worth with the myriad other genes on this site that you can use and the fact that you can use this site for free.
CherryRamune wrote on 2020-05-08 12:21:21:

Broh you do realise this is a business and not someone's little personal pet project right? You do realise the people who made this lacklustre gene are making money off of their little to no effort? "even constructive crit needs to be asked for first." I think you seem to forget that these admins and devs aren't your friends that are showing you their art because they want feedback on it. These are people employed to a company that is expected to provide a bare minimum quality product to it's consumers, and chief, they really missed their mark on this one.

Ah, here we go. "Little to no effort". Do you have any idea how much effort was put into this? How much "effort" is enough to you? And oh, okay, just because this is a company (never mind a small company that) suddenly basic human decency gets to be tossed out the window.

Get off your freakin' high horse.

You alone aren't paying FR's bills. There are thousands upon thousands of players and you are no more important than any one of them. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Flight Rising as a game is their product. Which, by the way, you are able to use 100% for free. Any new content they add to it is completely optional beyond the basic website.

If there is something you don't like on FR you are 100% capable of either ignoring it or not using it. It is as simple as that.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[quote name="HalllCYON" date="2020-05-08 06:28:38" ] [img]http://sun1-93.userapi.com/c845418/v845418561/132466/-YtvfVOC7ts.jpg[/img] Im sorry but [/quote] the mood
HalllCYON wrote on 2020-05-08 06:28:38:
-YtvfVOC7ts.jpg
Im sorry but
the mood
DwIBN1t.png5Oxf0lX.pngTDmG2I6.png
lol
lol
I love this gene! It's so good for recreating existing species! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=42&breed=12&element=2&eyetype=11&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=54&winggene=42&wings=2&auth=9d74ee3547fb070b768f39dd11810da9ea74d1ee&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=21&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=54&winggene=21&wings=2&auth=f9ca333a96f4d8dfcf5ccc86be9eacc05c7b4666&dummyext=prev.png[/img] White mice! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=54&winggene=17&wings=70&auth=8272ea4fdbb6f2e316a20f02fa4598c68d6a8c37&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=54&winggene=17&wings=70&auth=af4ab7b5a0ded4da07e8b8c9c1bc336faa5d5877&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Blue-tailed/common Western skinks! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=42&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=54&winggene=42&wings=98&auth=da0a226f7781c0aaa0423c6770b8f5231727fb67&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Opossums!
I love this gene!

It's so good for recreating existing species!

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=42&breed=12&element=2&eyetype=11&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=54&winggene=42&wings=2&auth=9d74ee3547fb070b768f39dd11810da9ea74d1ee&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=21&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=54&winggene=21&wings=2&auth=f9ca333a96f4d8dfcf5ccc86be9eacc05c7b4666&dummyext=prev.png

White mice!

dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=54&winggene=17&wings=70&auth=8272ea4fdbb6f2e316a20f02fa4598c68d6a8c37&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=54&winggene=17&wings=70&auth=af4ab7b5a0ded4da07e8b8c9c1bc336faa5d5877&dummyext=prev.png

Blue-tailed/common Western skinks!

dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=42&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=54&winggene=42&wings=98&auth=da0a226f7781c0aaa0423c6770b8f5231727fb67&dummyext=prev.png

Opossums!
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 85 86