Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Glowtail
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 85 86
Oooo
Oooo
Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing.

Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first.

As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces.

And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it.

Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen.
Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing.

Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first.

As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces.

And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it.

Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I feel this isn't a good gene. I think a gene called rat would suit it better with the paws, tails, and ears/tuffs area being colored giving it the flesh part of rats. This is basically what this gene feels like to me but so far I haven't really seen a reason to use this one.
I feel this isn't a good gene. I think a gene called rat would suit it better with the paws, tails, and ears/tuffs area being colored giving it the flesh part of rats. This is basically what this gene feels like to me but so far I haven't really seen a reason to use this one.
iRPEx.gifHidRy.gif58xAT.gifYprVB.gifRuTPw.gif
A Silly Egg To Click
[quote name="Milkyteax" date="2020-05-08 12:01:50" ] Got really excited at the idea of being able to make rat dragons, then saw all the errors and the fact that it's a gem gene? Even with the prospect of the gene being fixed, this 100% screams Baldwin gene to me. [/quote] Yeah :( I would love to make a rat dragon too but this seriously doesn't seem like it should be a gem gene. It definitely could be used in an effective way, like all genes, but it's kinda underwhelming.
Milkyteax wrote on 2020-05-08 12:01:50:
Got really excited at the idea of being able to make rat dragons, then saw all the errors and the fact that it's a gem gene?
Even with the prospect of the gene being fixed, this 100% screams Baldwin gene to me.

Yeah :( I would love to make a rat dragon too but this seriously doesn't seem like it should be a gem gene. It definitely could be used in an effective way, like all genes, but it's kinda underwhelming.
x

Redworm

x

x ♥ MIDGE!
it/he/they
> wishlist
> avatar
> FRT+0!
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnature.gif
[quote name="Twizz" date="2020-05-08 12:10:37" ] Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing. Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first. As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces. And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it. Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen. [/quote] twelve dollars for a gene with many art errors. this isnt 'weh we dont like it :((((' this about quality control and a lack of communication dont like the forums? dont go in them
Twizz wrote on 2020-05-08 12:10:37:

twelve dollars for a gene with many art errors. this isnt 'weh we dont like it :((((' this about quality control and a lack of communication
dont like the forums? dont go in them
dcprkry-6f227d16-78cf-4c0b-a85b-c510e6411384.png
skek | they/them | 24
the ghost with the most
tumblr_inline_psj27ukX3O1tc3swm_75sq.png
x
dcprhsf-50b03a4f-3549-4ad5-bcb0-35bf6e5b050d.png
i love it!!! it honestly looks so cool on xyx dragons, i love all these scries!

please remember that the staff is working on an entire new breed, and i think a map update as well, if i heard correctly. they’re doing their best, everyone makes mistakes, it’s not the end of the world. if you don’t like the gene, that’s fine, just don’t be awful about it! remember that the staff members are HUMANS and they’re running a FREE game for us. that’s pretty amazing, if you think about all they do. chill out.
i love it!!! it honestly looks so cool on xyx dragons, i love all these scries!

please remember that the staff is working on an entire new breed, and i think a map update as well, if i heard correctly. they’re doing their best, everyone makes mistakes, it’s not the end of the world. if you don’t like the gene, that’s fine, just don’t be awful about it! remember that the staff members are HUMANS and they’re running a FREE game for us. that’s pretty amazing, if you think about all they do. chill out.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

this is cool and all but why is it a gem gene :(
this is cool and all but why is it a gem gene :(
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
Observe the actual animal pictured at the bottom of pg 56. Notice how the bright color of the tail blends. Compare to the Mirror above it.

Points for great concept. but execution = fail. Please redo.
Observe the actual animal pictured at the bottom of pg 56. Notice how the bright color of the tail blends. Compare to the Mirror above it.

Points for great concept. but execution = fail. Please redo.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
was excited until I saw this otherwise very simple gene was a gem gene... i feel it should at least not cost so much if it's going to be a gem gene.
was excited until I saw this otherwise very simple gene was a gem gene... i feel it should at least not cost so much if it's going to be a gem gene.
rid
gen 2 enthusiast
writer
+0 FR
[quote name="Skeksis" date="2020-05-08 12:13:10" ] [quote name="Twizz" date="2020-05-08 12:10:37" ] Y'all really out here gunning to get another announcement thread closed before it's even 24 hours old this community is embarrassing. Don't like a gene, don't use it. Simple as that. There is absolutely no need to be so nasty and some people seem to be forgetting that even constructive crit needs to be asked for first. As shocking as this might be to hear, you are not on FR's dev team. You are not their quality control and the fact that they interact with the playerbase at all in any way is incredibly gracious on their part. Not every site has even an iota of the involvement the staff here has with the playerbase and some of you think that entitles you to insulting them to their faces. And you all wonder why the devs have been less and less inclined to interact with you. Nevermind the fact some of y'all seem to be forgetting that they have lives outside of responding to you and demanding a measured response in less than 24 hours when y'all are already fuming is so hypocritical I can't even believe it. Chill out. Go outside (safely). Touch some grass. There are things more important in life then a bunch of pixels on a screen. [/quote] twelve dollars for a gene with many art errors. this isnt 'weh we dont like it :((((' this about quality control and a lack of communication [/quote] Exactly, the “if you don't like it don't do it/use it and stop being mean!!!” argument is just... No. I don't think anyone here is being purposely mean or straight up saying something like “you guys suck this is hideous” or anything. Criticism is needed (lately, REALLY needed) when there are things a community don't like, that's why It's called constructive criticism, so people can do things better next time. If people are just going to completely ignore and don't address the criticism, then that means they just don't care about what their community thinks, simple as that. At least that's how I see it. And I'm not trying to act like they should always give something perfect and extremely beautiful, because I know how hard it is to be in the devs position, but this has happened before. In fact, it happened only two weeks ago, with the other gene. Again, not to be mean or too judgemental, but if you're not listening to your community, and don't even address the mistakes you're making, I don't know what to think.
Skeksis wrote on 2020-05-08 12:13:10:
Twizz wrote on 2020-05-08 12:10:37:

twelve dollars for a gene with many art errors. this isnt 'weh we dont like it :((((' this about quality control and a lack of communication

Exactly, the “if you don't like it don't do it/use it and stop being mean!!!” argument is just... No. I don't think anyone here is being purposely mean or straight up saying something like “you guys suck this is hideous” or anything. Criticism is needed (lately, REALLY needed) when there are things a community don't like, that's why It's called constructive criticism, so people can do things better next time. If people are just going to completely ignore and don't address the criticism, then that means they just don't care about what their community thinks, simple as that. At least that's how I see it.

And I'm not trying to act like they should always give something perfect and extremely beautiful, because I know how hard it is to be in the devs position, but this has happened before. In fact, it happened only two weeks ago, with the other gene. Again, not to be mean or too judgemental, but if you're not listening to your community, and don't even address the mistakes you're making, I don't know what to think.
He/They 3W1nMYR.png tn0RSo5.pngpZJYyk4.png
Pgv53XB.png125nq1m.png
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 85 86