Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Announcing: Development Streams
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79 80
Really enjoyed the stream tonight; thanks so much! [emoji=heart size=1]
Really enjoyed the stream tonight; thanks so much!
Stuff I'm working on:
Seclusa | My Art
i didn't really hear any of what was said during the stream because i was too busy crying about unrelated severe memory loss issues to bother turning the speakers on,so i'm probably missing a lot of information, but i did look at the pictures a bit.

the first one has a nice strong solid realistic build that i enjoy, i think out of that the goat horns version was the best. the third one's long curvy flowing shape pleases me equally.
the fourth i wasn't quite so fond of, i didn't hate it but i didn't feel like it had as much personality and i think we have plenty of fluff already and i really am not fond of long mane dragons. the fin version wasbest, i could see that head being recycled. 2 kindof just looked like a nocturne, not really anything to say about it.
5 was interesting, sort of... rabbitty, though i think the pose was a bit too much like a banescale.
honestly i think that whichever one you go with, the rejected designs should be recycled into a different breed.
i like them all and could see all of them being breeds, but i don't really see what about their designs necessitates them being ancient breeds? they seem to have a pretty standard build and number of limbs.

if i had to rank them i'd say the long curvy fin wing one first with goat boy as a very very close second (like any closer and they would have tied), banescale rabbit as a somewhat distant third, and the other two in somewhat distant 4th.
i didn't really hear any of what was said during the stream because i was too busy crying about unrelated severe memory loss issues to bother turning the speakers on,so i'm probably missing a lot of information, but i did look at the pictures a bit.

the first one has a nice strong solid realistic build that i enjoy, i think out of that the goat horns version was the best. the third one's long curvy flowing shape pleases me equally.
the fourth i wasn't quite so fond of, i didn't hate it but i didn't feel like it had as much personality and i think we have plenty of fluff already and i really am not fond of long mane dragons. the fin version wasbest, i could see that head being recycled. 2 kindof just looked like a nocturne, not really anything to say about it.
5 was interesting, sort of... rabbitty, though i think the pose was a bit too much like a banescale.
honestly i think that whichever one you go with, the rejected designs should be recycled into a different breed.
i like them all and could see all of them being breeds, but i don't really see what about their designs necessitates them being ancient breeds? they seem to have a pretty standard build and number of limbs.

if i had to rank them i'd say the long curvy fin wing one first with goat boy as a very very close second (like any closer and they would have tied), banescale rabbit as a somewhat distant third, and the other two in somewhat distant 4th.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/371720358639697920/689654106972750077/unknown.png[/img] this one has to be my favorite of the concepts :v love the hair and ears
unknown.png
this one has to be my favorite of the concepts :v
love the hair and ears
she/they | +0 fr time
wishlistbadgesadoptshatchery
While I love this, what happened to the new modern breed???
While I love this, what happened to the new modern breed???
Untitled307_20221002053423.png
I AM HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, loved the bit of the stream I caught and can't wait to find out when the next one happens so I can put it on my calendar. (Croc-boi was amazing and I need em in my life)
I AM HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, loved the bit of the stream I caught and can't wait to find out when the next one happens so I can put it on my calendar. (Croc-boi was amazing and I need em in my life)
I'll finish re-coding this one day
[quote name="Snek" date="2020-03-17 18:30:16" ] [quote name="Saraceaser" date="2020-03-17 18:27:04" ] Wingless would be awesome, but Undel does make a good point: What would you do for Secondaries, then? Just not have them? *Things to think about* [/quote] Give them things that are not wings! Give them extra legs, or a carapace, or a snail shell, or something like that. Fish fins! Suckers! Lots of non-standard dragony parts out there in the animal world that could be made into strange secondaries :D [/quote] Pretty much this: a dragon with an extremely large mane could display the secondary on the mane, a dragon with frills and fins could display it on the frills/fins. A dragon with a large set of horns could display the secondary on the horns. Whatever distinctive part the dragon has could be used to display the secondary
Snek wrote on 2020-03-17 18:30:16:
Saraceaser wrote on 2020-03-17 18:27:04:
Wingless would be awesome, but Undel does make a good point: What would you do for Secondaries, then? Just not have them? *Things to think about*

Give them things that are not wings! Give them extra legs, or a carapace, or a snail shell, or something like that. Fish fins! Suckers! Lots of non-standard dragony parts out there in the animal world that could be made into strange secondaries :D
Pretty much this: a dragon with an extremely large mane could display the secondary on the mane, a dragon with frills and fins could display it on the frills/fins. A dragon with a large set of horns could display the secondary on the horns. Whatever distinctive part the dragon has could be used to display the secondary
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
While we're mentioning hair on dragons, it would be really funny to have another breed that could be victim to bad haircuts like gaolers already kind of are. e.g. gaoler with a poodle cut.
While we're mentioning hair on dragons, it would be really funny to have another breed that could be victim to bad haircuts like gaolers already kind of are. e.g. gaoler with a poodle cut.
[quote name="squidragon" date="2020-03-17 18:55:46" ] i LOVE the pose with the wings rested on the ground like that. it looks really nice [/quote] Yes, I loved that one! Especially the pose. I think that, combined with this: [quote name="Splinter707" date="2020-03-17 18:58:31" ] Idea: maybe they have wings and front legs but not hind legs? maybe some kind of mermaid-built dragon? With like a super powerful tail for big swimmy [/quote] Would make a super cool ancient! Who says it [i]has[/i] to be Water if it's aquatic? It could totally be a different flight and still live in liquid! Aquatic Arcane derg, or Lightning to compliment the aquaphobic Ridgebacks. Or maybe they don't swim! Maybe they're like ophiotaurus and live on land despite having no back legs. I just really want something like that last one made hehe
squidragon wrote on 2020-03-17 18:55:46:
i LOVE the pose with the wings rested on the ground like that. it looks really nice

Yes, I loved that one! Especially the pose. I think that, combined with this:
Splinter707 wrote on 2020-03-17 18:58:31:
Idea: maybe they have wings and front legs but not hind legs? maybe some kind of mermaid-built dragon? With like a super powerful tail for big swimmy

Would make a super cool ancient! Who says it has to be Water if it's aquatic? It could totally be a different flight and still live in liquid! Aquatic Arcane derg, or Lightning to compliment the aquaphobic Ridgebacks. Or maybe they don't swim! Maybe they're like ophiotaurus and live on land despite having no back legs.

I just really want something like that last one made hehe
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I loved this so much! I hope we get another livestream soon! It’s a lot of fun watching something real time with the community together. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I loved this so much! I hope we get another livestream soon! It’s a lot of fun watching something real time with the community together.
Nice! Don't know if I'll ever be able to watch a livestream as it happens, but I'll definitely pop by later to catch up on them.
Nice! Don't know if I'll ever be able to watch a livestream as it happens, but I'll definitely pop by later to catch up on them.
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79 80