Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 59 60
I want to start off by saying that I really appreciate the artists’ dedication to fixing errors and making artwork consistent. Flight Rising’s artwork is the draw of the site for me and it’s this kind of effort that keeps it a cut above all the rest.

That being said, I sincerely hope that releasing broken genes and then retroactively fixing them without so much as an announcement as soon as the issue is identified is not the new status quo. I didn’t realize that the unshaded metallic was an error and spent gems on a dragon that no longer looks like how I scried (and have other projects as well that I am now glad I never got around to geneing!). I know that I am not alone in this either. I’m glad for the dedication to quality but mistakes like these must be made clear as early as possible and/or some form of compensation given to users who spent money geneing dragons who now do not look like how we were told they would look.
I want to start off by saying that I really appreciate the artists’ dedication to fixing errors and making artwork consistent. Flight Rising’s artwork is the draw of the site for me and it’s this kind of effort that keeps it a cut above all the rest.

That being said, I sincerely hope that releasing broken genes and then retroactively fixing them without so much as an announcement as soon as the issue is identified is not the new status quo. I didn’t realize that the unshaded metallic was an error and spent gems on a dragon that no longer looks like how I scried (and have other projects as well that I am now glad I never got around to geneing!). I know that I am not alone in this either. I’m glad for the dedication to quality but mistakes like these must be made clear as early as possible and/or some form of compensation given to users who spent money geneing dragons who now do not look like how we were told they would look.
ofxr7kh.png
Gaolers looking at Banescale genes: Oh, YOINK
Gaolers looking at Banescale genes: Oh, YOINK
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
I don't like the Fans on gaolers.... It clashes to hard with the fur Design. Also, why? I mean, you can't cross breed them, why they have to share a gene with banes? Will next coming Ancient breeds have them too, will it be a Kind of Ancient specific thing?

I hope the people who allready bought all/met scrolls get their gems back, it seems really rude of the staff to make such a Design rework with such a big impact without any announcement....

Underbelly is a nice Addition to the banes, a simple designed gene for them! Totally happy with that!
I don't like the Fans on gaolers.... It clashes to hard with the fur Design. Also, why? I mean, you can't cross breed them, why they have to share a gene with banes? Will next coming Ancient breeds have them too, will it be a Kind of Ancient specific thing?

I hope the people who allready bought all/met scrolls get their gems back, it seems really rude of the staff to make such a Design rework with such a big impact without any announcement....

Underbelly is a nice Addition to the banes, a simple designed gene for them! Totally happy with that!
kqd1uXq.png
aww yea
aww yea
FY9uLcA.png
Does anyone else notice that the putting Fans on a Gaoler doesn't remove the hair along the spine? Take a look. No fans. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=37&wings=121&auth=6a0797bf349f90252ea2e00d7b313ce25a19b049&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Fans. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=3&winggene=37&wings=121&auth=9590494da91853a58536c0d71f642a13b40fcd6c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ATJGfZX.png[/img] You can still see the hair! Shouldn't it be completely replaced by the Fans in that spot?
Does anyone else notice that the putting Fans on a Gaoler doesn't remove the hair along the spine? Take a look.

No fans.
dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=37&wings=121&auth=6a0797bf349f90252ea2e00d7b313ce25a19b049&dummyext=prev.png

Fans.
dragon?age=1&body=99&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=3&winggene=37&wings=121&auth=9590494da91853a58536c0d71f642a13b40fcd6c&dummyext=prev.png
ATJGfZX.png

You can still see the hair! Shouldn't it be completely replaced by the Fans in that spot?
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
very nice!
very nice!
GujRVNB.gif
So, a new gene that has been out for an entire month is completely changed so that it's almost unrecognizable from the original, but y'all can't fix simple clipping errors and miscolors for certain colors that the community has been complaining about for ever? M!Spiral capsule anybody?

What?

You gave us absolutely 0 word on this. You didn't acknowledge the problem, didn't give us any warning, and then "fixed" it overnight? What about all the people who have spent GEMS getting this gene and breeding it? This is yet another example of the miscommunication problem on FR.
So, a new gene that has been out for an entire month is completely changed so that it's almost unrecognizable from the original, but y'all can't fix simple clipping errors and miscolors for certain colors that the community has been complaining about for ever? M!Spiral capsule anybody?

What?

You gave us absolutely 0 word on this. You didn't acknowledge the problem, didn't give us any warning, and then "fixed" it overnight? What about all the people who have spent GEMS getting this gene and breeding it? This is yet another example of the miscommunication problem on FR.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
Im sorry but fins just... don't....work on such a fur-heavy breed like Gaolers ;v;
Im sorry but fins just... don't....work on such a fur-heavy breed like Gaolers ;v;
37adqBC.png
Wahoo! Epic!
Wahoo! Epic!
Spr_2c_144_s.png Lucy (FR+3 / US EST)
ShinyVIStar.png art shop
ShinyVIStar.png wishlist
ShinyVIStar.png PM me for Toyhouse codes!!
70c9b36745a49fc9888c3550f61c4379c99dc258.png
Fixing a severe gene error without giving a heads up early about the fact it will be changed is incredible poor management!

Any other games would've given both an early announcement about planned changes and compensation for those hit by sudden art change.
Fixing a severe gene error without giving a heads up early about the fact it will be changed is incredible poor management!

Any other games would've given both an early announcement about planned changes and compensation for those hit by sudden art change.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 59 60