Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2019
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
@lugia492 @Valrunie Not really. It's something my whole friend circle struggles with, honestly, because every year we participate of events in a variety of browser games, and since they all set deadlines at rollover it's easy to forget FR is some sort of exception. I definitely appreciate the warning, but again, it's SO easy to overlook this very specific time, combined with the fact I have yet to see any justification whatsoever for it, that it always results in pure frustration. I'd be more appreciative of it if the staff posted a proper reasoning for this practice, but as of now it seems unnecessarily confusing, and consequently I have a right to being annoyed about it. [quote]And please try not to be so rude, the staff works hard and I don't think they appreciate it when people hoot and holler about how they hate this game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.[/quote] I will admit I'm salty about this event and tend to be overly hostile, but honestly, over the years I've lost my ability to care and grown cynical, specially because every single year the userbase's criticism is nearly completely ignored in favor of committing the exact same mistakes and bad decisions over and over again(plus it doesn't help that the FR staff has a huge history of baffling bad decisions). I must say, though, this one has been the quietest NotN I've seen yet when it comes to feedback both good and bad. I've been getting a very indifferent, unexcited feeling from the community this time, as if most are feeling tired/worn out, but that may be just me. However, every past year it was received with a big wave of feedback(again, both good and bad) only to be met with silence and then brushed under the carpet by a rushed gene released in the next week. The staff works hard, sure, but that doesn't take away the fact I find NotN a badly executed event. To me it's bad, and no amount of hard work and good intentions will make me overlook that. The very existence of the event makes me sour because it's literally a broken promise, and that's a very common feeling among older users like myself: originally the staff intended for the holidays period to have no festivals because the userbase loudly expressed their concerns over not being able to participate in such a busy time of the year. The staff has been blatantly ignoring this very big frustration ever since they introduced NotN. So every single year I'm barely able to play this event at all because I'm extremely busy, in fact the first week of this NotN had little to no participation from me at all because of the holiday rush. I even missed the extended gathering turns from the first day completely! This makes the event frustrating from the very start. So of course I'll sound extremely salty, and even rude in my comments. I'm fed up. Also your argument of "don't like it, don't play the game" is really pointless. I DO like FR, it's why I've been playing it since the very start. I [i]want[/i] to enjoy this event and have fun as it's intended, because look at all the cool content it introduces to the site every year. I want that! Unfortunately I can't have that without burning lots of gems/treasure, because the game itself seems to prevent me from getting its content as intended in its duration: It's set at an extremely busy time of the year, the chest drop rates are awful, coligrinding is set as its core mechanic even though it's absolutely tedious, and as a final slap to the face, it has a unjustified specific deadline that catches me and other players off guard constantly. It's annoying, frustrating and I'm very salty about it.
@lugia492 @Valrunie
Not really. It's something my whole friend circle struggles with, honestly, because every year we participate of events in a variety of browser games, and since they all set deadlines at rollover it's easy to forget FR is some sort of exception. I definitely appreciate the warning, but again, it's SO easy to overlook this very specific time, combined with the fact I have yet to see any justification whatsoever for it, that it always results in pure frustration. I'd be more appreciative of it if the staff posted a proper reasoning for this practice, but as of now it seems unnecessarily confusing, and consequently I have a right to being annoyed about it.
Quote:
And please try not to be so rude, the staff works hard and I don't think they appreciate it when people hoot and holler about how they hate this game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

I will admit I'm salty about this event and tend to be overly hostile, but honestly, over the years I've lost my ability to care and grown cynical, specially because every single year the userbase's criticism is nearly completely ignored in favor of committing the exact same mistakes and bad decisions over and over again(plus it doesn't help that the FR staff has a huge history of baffling bad decisions). I must say, though, this one has been the quietest NotN I've seen yet when it comes to feedback both good and bad. I've been getting a very indifferent, unexcited feeling from the community this time, as if most are feeling tired/worn out, but that may be just me. However, every past year it was received with a big wave of feedback(again, both good and bad) only to be met with silence and then brushed under the carpet by a rushed gene released in the next week.

The staff works hard, sure, but that doesn't take away the fact I find NotN a badly executed event. To me it's bad, and no amount of hard work and good intentions will make me overlook that. The very existence of the event makes me sour because it's literally a broken promise, and that's a very common feeling among older users like myself: originally the staff intended for the holidays period to have no festivals because the userbase loudly expressed their concerns over not being able to participate in such a busy time of the year. The staff has been blatantly ignoring this very big frustration ever since they introduced NotN. So every single year I'm barely able to play this event at all because I'm extremely busy, in fact the first week of this NotN had little to no participation from me at all because of the holiday rush. I even missed the extended gathering turns from the first day completely! This makes the event frustrating from the very start. So of course I'll sound extremely salty, and even rude in my comments. I'm fed up.

Also your argument of "don't like it, don't play the game" is really pointless. I DO like FR, it's why I've been playing it since the very start. I want to enjoy this event and have fun as it's intended, because look at all the cool content it introduces to the site every year. I want that! Unfortunately I can't have that without burning lots of gems/treasure, because the game itself seems to prevent me from getting its content as intended in its duration: It's set at an extremely busy time of the year, the chest drop rates are awful, coligrinding is set as its core mechanic even though it's absolutely tedious, and as a final slap to the face, it has a unjustified specific deadline that catches me and other players off guard constantly. It's annoying, frustrating and I'm very salty about it.
ssjS89N.png
welp, cool stuff but I never managed to get anything from coli related to notn, no chests dropped, no familiars, no noc eggs nothing. Despite swapping ares and everything but nvm. Just gotta add those fams to my ever-growing list to burn out the non-existent treasure I have xD

Honestly, this is a cool event and I loved it last year. But this year just too many games have had the same deadline so I couldn't be on fr grinding quite long enough to get anything from it
welp, cool stuff but I never managed to get anything from coli related to notn, no chests dropped, no familiars, no noc eggs nothing. Despite swapping ares and everything but nvm. Just gotta add those fams to my ever-growing list to burn out the non-existent treasure I have xD

Honestly, this is a cool event and I loved it last year. But this year just too many games have had the same deadline so I couldn't be on fr grinding quite long enough to get anything from it
Family doesn't end in blood. But it doesn't start there either.
tumblr_oswhsnDmUq1v8lm95o3_100.gifplague.giftumblr_oswhsnDmUq1v8lm95o4_100.gif
Even though somedays I didn't get any chests at all, I really love the two Nocturne Dragons I got! :D [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58217762] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/582178/58217762_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58127973] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581280/58127973_350.png[/img] [/url]
Even though somedays I didn't get any chests at all, I really love the two Nocturne Dragons I got! :D

58217762_350.png

58127973_350.png
7-A6-E456-C-42-EB-4-BE3-9642-361-CC5-E38249.png

hFT3jNj.png By UserofShadows vistafestival_3.png
Man this year was awesome, made alot of progress can't wait until next Night of Noc!
Man this year was awesome, made alot of progress can't wait until next Night of Noc!
@Xhaztol

Excellent Event, as always! Even with the holidays, I still managed to get a ton of stuff, and even added to some of my apparel and familiars from previous years. :D

Just one quick question: Is there a reason that Swipp is still offering Strange Chests over 3 hours after the Event concluded? Baldwin has stopped doing so, and I got nothing Gathering this morning, so I assume that they have disappeared there, as well, but Swipp's stand is currently offering three different trades, all for Strange Chests. I'm just a bit curious about this?

Thanks! And thanks again for a wonderful Night of Nocturne!
@Xhaztol

Excellent Event, as always! Even with the holidays, I still managed to get a ton of stuff, and even added to some of my apparel and familiars from previous years. :D

Just one quick question: Is there a reason that Swipp is still offering Strange Chests over 3 hours after the Event concluded? Baldwin has stopped doing so, and I got nothing Gathering this morning, so I assume that they have disappeared there, as well, but Swipp's stand is currently offering three different trades, all for Strange Chests. I'm just a bit curious about this?

Thanks! And thanks again for a wonderful Night of Nocturne!
fw5Pc0h.png
@Lillian

Out of curiosity, how long have you been a part of FR? I only ask because Night of Nocturne did, in fact, originally end at Rollover on Saturday FR time, like all other Festivals. But back in 2018, there was a rather abrupt (and frankly completely understandable) change, due to an unexpected RL situation for one of the FR team:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2463199

Briefly, Undel got very badly hurt, and to accommodate their new requirements, FR shifted ALL Festival times around, starting with the Thundercrack Carnivale in 2018. Now, instead of starting and ending at Rollover, everything--from the Brightshine Jubilee, to the Harvest Festivals, to the Night of Nocturne, to the Greenskeepeer Gathering--starts at 6:00 FR time Sunday on the Festival's first day, and ends at 6:00 FR time Sunday on the Festival's "last" day.

Frankly, I like it. I think of it as having 6 extra "unofficial" hours to Grind, Collect, Swap, etc. (I think of Sunday to Saturday as the "official" Festival, and the next 6 hours after that as an "unofficial" addition. This helps me to keep the dates straight in my head.) When I time it right, I actually get to Gather Chests for 8 days (or 15 for the Night of Nocturne) instead of 7 (or 14).

I do agree that the dates are a bit confusing, but FR does everything possible to remind people that there are only 6 hours in that "final" day. And this year, they even extended the opening of Chests for the Night of Nocturne to several days after the Festival ended, so the Chests didn't all disappear right at 6:00 FR time today. A nice addition that allowed everyone to grind right up to the deadline, if they wanted to, without worrying about losing what they acquired. ;)
@Lillian

Out of curiosity, how long have you been a part of FR? I only ask because Night of Nocturne did, in fact, originally end at Rollover on Saturday FR time, like all other Festivals. But back in 2018, there was a rather abrupt (and frankly completely understandable) change, due to an unexpected RL situation for one of the FR team:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2463199

Briefly, Undel got very badly hurt, and to accommodate their new requirements, FR shifted ALL Festival times around, starting with the Thundercrack Carnivale in 2018. Now, instead of starting and ending at Rollover, everything--from the Brightshine Jubilee, to the Harvest Festivals, to the Night of Nocturne, to the Greenskeepeer Gathering--starts at 6:00 FR time Sunday on the Festival's first day, and ends at 6:00 FR time Sunday on the Festival's "last" day.

Frankly, I like it. I think of it as having 6 extra "unofficial" hours to Grind, Collect, Swap, etc. (I think of Sunday to Saturday as the "official" Festival, and the next 6 hours after that as an "unofficial" addition. This helps me to keep the dates straight in my head.) When I time it right, I actually get to Gather Chests for 8 days (or 15 for the Night of Nocturne) instead of 7 (or 14).

I do agree that the dates are a bit confusing, but FR does everything possible to remind people that there are only 6 hours in that "final" day. And this year, they even extended the opening of Chests for the Night of Nocturne to several days after the Festival ended, so the Chests didn't all disappear right at 6:00 FR time today. A nice addition that allowed everyone to grind right up to the deadline, if they wanted to, without worrying about losing what they acquired. ;)
fw5Pc0h.png
@Canisa
I joined roughly a month after the site launched, so nearly the beginning. Huh, I didn't know that was the reason why the time changed. I probably missed that because around that time in 2018 I got very distant from FR due to my university workload. I only showed up on FR to do gatherings and feed my dragons for months.

For the elemental festivals this odd timestamp doesn't really have a big impact, because it's nowhere as grind-heavy as NotN. You can earn the festival currency very easily without relying on the coliseum and there are only four rewards to use said currency on. It's a very simple, straight forward event, and there isn't much at stake. This is why the odd deadline never really stands out for me.

For NotN on the other hand... well, just look at the insane amount of content you must aim for, all of it relying almost exclusively on coligrinding. It's a LOT of exhausting, tedious work to get all the apparel, familiars and materials. Every chest is extremely valuable due to this, and missing any opportunity to get them, or grind for them, hits harder than just missing a regular festival deadline. Plus, the "extra 6 hours" don't at all feel extra for me, because, again, it's in the early morning and I always miss it.

I'll admit I hadn't quite realized NotN worked on the same time stamps as elemental festivals until you pointed it out, though. I guess it's probably because it feels so different. It's easy for me to remember saturday is the last day in festivals, but for NotN you're given two weeks in a very busy time of the year... I think it's easier for me to lose notion of time. Hell to be honest I didn't even notice that saturday was yesterday.
@Canisa
I joined roughly a month after the site launched, so nearly the beginning. Huh, I didn't know that was the reason why the time changed. I probably missed that because around that time in 2018 I got very distant from FR due to my university workload. I only showed up on FR to do gatherings and feed my dragons for months.

For the elemental festivals this odd timestamp doesn't really have a big impact, because it's nowhere as grind-heavy as NotN. You can earn the festival currency very easily without relying on the coliseum and there are only four rewards to use said currency on. It's a very simple, straight forward event, and there isn't much at stake. This is why the odd deadline never really stands out for me.

For NotN on the other hand... well, just look at the insane amount of content you must aim for, all of it relying almost exclusively on coligrinding. It's a LOT of exhausting, tedious work to get all the apparel, familiars and materials. Every chest is extremely valuable due to this, and missing any opportunity to get them, or grind for them, hits harder than just missing a regular festival deadline. Plus, the "extra 6 hours" don't at all feel extra for me, because, again, it's in the early morning and I always miss it.

I'll admit I hadn't quite realized NotN worked on the same time stamps as elemental festivals until you pointed it out, though. I guess it's probably because it feels so different. It's easy for me to remember saturday is the last day in festivals, but for NotN you're given two weeks in a very busy time of the year... I think it's easier for me to lose notion of time. Hell to be honest I didn't even notice that saturday was yesterday.
ssjS89N.png
@Lillian

A month after the site launched? Wow! That beats me by a wide margin. :)

I'm not sure what you mean about earning Festival Currency easily. Is there a means to do it that I've missed?

I never have good look Gathering during Festival Times--at most, I get 5 a Currency a day, and usually its more like 1-3, if that. And I have to focus on brewing the skins with Baldwin, so I'm usually not able to brew the Currency, either. Because of this, I rely heavily on the Coli each Elemental Festival, both for Currency and especially for those elusive Elemental Chests. So I'm always watching the time...which is probably why I am more aware of it than some are. I can't count the number of times I have been in the Coli, desperately searching for that final chest of the 6, and glancing anxiously at the clock on my Tablet, wondering if I will have time to finish the current bout before Rollover, when the Coli will kick me out.

That's why I find the "extra hours" so helpful: I can wait up until the site goes back online, Gather for an eighth day and hope...and if I fail there, I still have a few hours in the Coli to try. (Though I agree with you about the early morning hours. Its very early for me, too, so I have to sacrifice sleep in order to take advantage of that extra time, which isn't always possible. Sometimes I just Gather, and forget about the Coli, hoping to get the needed Chest(s) in the Auction House.)

On the other hand, I do agree that Night of Nocturne is harder in some respects. It hits during Holiday season, and is definitely the most grinding intensive of the Festivals. My family does not exactly appreciate the amount of time I spend working with my dragons during that time, and there are certain days I can only manage to feed my dragons and Gather, and that's it. So I understand the frustration all too well.

At the same time, though, FR gives us 2 weeks instead of 1, so we have 7 more days to find what we're missing. I think they set it up the way they did so that no Holiday would completely cover the whole Festival, and there would still be the "thrill" of the chase for Vistas and Familiars, Apparel, etc. But that thrill can get annoying, I know, when 10 Strange Chests in a row contain the same apparel piece from two years before...and there are several new familiars that have not dropped from the Chests yet at all.

Maybe they should go back to the old idea that Nocturne Monsters can drop in the Coli from time to time, as well as coming out of Strange Chests. You would still have to Grind that way, but maybe not as long, which would help those of us who can't be on that often during those 2 weeks.

And I agree with those who have suggested that there should be a way to acquire old Nocturne items other than in the Strange Chests. Maybe not Joxar--he has always been exclusive to the Elemental Festivals after all--but something. Swipp, maybe, or a special 2 weeks of Pinkerton having those items, and only those items? Crim does collect them from time to time, so it wouldn't be interfering with the Trading Post Lore...

Or maybe a new dragon, who specializes in collecting old Nocturne stuff and selling it for Mimic Powder? Goodness knows we all probably have enough of that material by now...

If they did something like that, they could take the old items out of the Strange Chests, and thus make the odds of completing a new "set" of familiars, apparel, and the new vista a little better--more on par with the odds of acquiring all 6 Elemental Chests in 7 days of Coli Grinding.
@Lillian

A month after the site launched? Wow! That beats me by a wide margin. :)

I'm not sure what you mean about earning Festival Currency easily. Is there a means to do it that I've missed?

I never have good look Gathering during Festival Times--at most, I get 5 a Currency a day, and usually its more like 1-3, if that. And I have to focus on brewing the skins with Baldwin, so I'm usually not able to brew the Currency, either. Because of this, I rely heavily on the Coli each Elemental Festival, both for Currency and especially for those elusive Elemental Chests. So I'm always watching the time...which is probably why I am more aware of it than some are. I can't count the number of times I have been in the Coli, desperately searching for that final chest of the 6, and glancing anxiously at the clock on my Tablet, wondering if I will have time to finish the current bout before Rollover, when the Coli will kick me out.

That's why I find the "extra hours" so helpful: I can wait up until the site goes back online, Gather for an eighth day and hope...and if I fail there, I still have a few hours in the Coli to try. (Though I agree with you about the early morning hours. Its very early for me, too, so I have to sacrifice sleep in order to take advantage of that extra time, which isn't always possible. Sometimes I just Gather, and forget about the Coli, hoping to get the needed Chest(s) in the Auction House.)

On the other hand, I do agree that Night of Nocturne is harder in some respects. It hits during Holiday season, and is definitely the most grinding intensive of the Festivals. My family does not exactly appreciate the amount of time I spend working with my dragons during that time, and there are certain days I can only manage to feed my dragons and Gather, and that's it. So I understand the frustration all too well.

At the same time, though, FR gives us 2 weeks instead of 1, so we have 7 more days to find what we're missing. I think they set it up the way they did so that no Holiday would completely cover the whole Festival, and there would still be the "thrill" of the chase for Vistas and Familiars, Apparel, etc. But that thrill can get annoying, I know, when 10 Strange Chests in a row contain the same apparel piece from two years before...and there are several new familiars that have not dropped from the Chests yet at all.

Maybe they should go back to the old idea that Nocturne Monsters can drop in the Coli from time to time, as well as coming out of Strange Chests. You would still have to Grind that way, but maybe not as long, which would help those of us who can't be on that often during those 2 weeks.

And I agree with those who have suggested that there should be a way to acquire old Nocturne items other than in the Strange Chests. Maybe not Joxar--he has always been exclusive to the Elemental Festivals after all--but something. Swipp, maybe, or a special 2 weeks of Pinkerton having those items, and only those items? Crim does collect them from time to time, so it wouldn't be interfering with the Trading Post Lore...

Or maybe a new dragon, who specializes in collecting old Nocturne stuff and selling it for Mimic Powder? Goodness knows we all probably have enough of that material by now...

If they did something like that, they could take the old items out of the Strange Chests, and thus make the odds of completing a new "set" of familiars, apparel, and the new vista a little better--more on par with the odds of acquiring all 6 Elemental Chests in 7 days of Coli Grinding.
fw5Pc0h.png
@Canisa

I never really coligrind for elemental festivals, at all. I get my tokens from gathering and brewing. The fact you can brew bundles of 20 tokens at baldwin alone pretty much guarantees you get at least a double of everything by the end of the week. I spend a lot of time brewing materials, though. So I always have all the stuff I need to make loads of tokens. My advice is brewing whatever items you don't need to pile up materials in time for the festivals, specially extra apparel and familiars.

Unfortunately for NotN, the necessary materials are only obtained via chests and coligrinding, so brewing isn't very effective in the slightest. The whole game relies on the coliseum and that simply sucks ¬¬. I don't consider the extended time of 2 weeks a bonus, though, because honestly... that's the very least the staff should give us. A single week wouldn't be even close to long enough, and I don't even think 2 weeks is enough either considering the insane amount of content we've been piling up.

I'm also seriously against this idea of never retiring items exactly for such reasons. They pile up and create a snowball effect. Retiring items is necessary for a game's healthy economy, and the way NotN has been accumulating more and more prizes is not sustainable on a long term. It's damaging the event as a whole with the rising inflation of items.

Overall, I really wish this event would be retired already. Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand how people can like the event and I can't blame you for doing so. I do really like the apparel and familiars myself, but unfortunately the event itself really, REALLY gets under my skin not only because of its origins as a broken promise from the staff, but also because I have yet to see it well executed and managed... Not to mention I find NotN extremely inconsistent within FR's lore and gameplay too. It was a nice idea to introduce nocturnes, but for being a yearly festival? Why does this one breed, which isn't even special anymore, get a whole event dedicated to it? Sure in the lore dragons could be treated differently from breed to breed... but they aren't. We may have different ways to get one(some have available scrolls, other don't) based on their canon rarity, but all breeds have been pretty much equal so far when it comes to FR as a whole... except nocturnes. For some reason they get an entire event that lasts longer than regular festivals AND has a ton more rewards. That kind of inconsistency really breaks the game logic and lore immersion for me.
@Canisa

I never really coligrind for elemental festivals, at all. I get my tokens from gathering and brewing. The fact you can brew bundles of 20 tokens at baldwin alone pretty much guarantees you get at least a double of everything by the end of the week. I spend a lot of time brewing materials, though. So I always have all the stuff I need to make loads of tokens. My advice is brewing whatever items you don't need to pile up materials in time for the festivals, specially extra apparel and familiars.

Unfortunately for NotN, the necessary materials are only obtained via chests and coligrinding, so brewing isn't very effective in the slightest. The whole game relies on the coliseum and that simply sucks ¬¬. I don't consider the extended time of 2 weeks a bonus, though, because honestly... that's the very least the staff should give us. A single week wouldn't be even close to long enough, and I don't even think 2 weeks is enough either considering the insane amount of content we've been piling up.

I'm also seriously against this idea of never retiring items exactly for such reasons. They pile up and create a snowball effect. Retiring items is necessary for a game's healthy economy, and the way NotN has been accumulating more and more prizes is not sustainable on a long term. It's damaging the event as a whole with the rising inflation of items.

Overall, I really wish this event would be retired already. Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand how people can like the event and I can't blame you for doing so. I do really like the apparel and familiars myself, but unfortunately the event itself really, REALLY gets under my skin not only because of its origins as a broken promise from the staff, but also because I have yet to see it well executed and managed... Not to mention I find NotN extremely inconsistent within FR's lore and gameplay too. It was a nice idea to introduce nocturnes, but for being a yearly festival? Why does this one breed, which isn't even special anymore, get a whole event dedicated to it? Sure in the lore dragons could be treated differently from breed to breed... but they aren't. We may have different ways to get one(some have available scrolls, other don't) based on their canon rarity, but all breeds have been pretty much equal so far when it comes to FR as a whole... except nocturnes. For some reason they get an entire event that lasts longer than regular festivals AND has a ton more rewards. That kind of inconsistency really breaks the game logic and lore immersion for me.
ssjS89N.png
@Lilian

I forgot about the 20 Currency from Baldwin. I'm usually brewing the Festival Skins, and then the Joxar Token, so I don't generally have time for anything else, but you're right that that 20 Currency addition is nice to have. I'll have to see if I can rearrange my brewing schedule a bit. Thanks for the tip. :)

I agree that there is far too much stuff piling up in Night of Nocturne. I would like to have a way for new players to acquire old stuff without needing to go to the Auction House...but at the same time, putting it in Chests is definitely not conducive to lowering the frustration of those trying to acquire the new stuff. Maybe you're right, and its time to retire some of the older stuff from that holiday. Either that, or pull it from the Strange Chests and put it somewhere else on the site.

Or...maybe have two kinds of Chests? Strange Chests, looking the same as always, with only the new stuff, and another set, colored differently, (described in lore maybe as "looking old and worn" or something along those lines) which contain the old stuff, and which is acquired a different way--through the Marketplace, maybe, or through Swipp or Baldwin. (Otherwise, the new Chest would make things worse, not better.) That way, anyone who doesn't want to go after the old stuff won't be frustrated quite as much.

And it would definitely help if the Event was less Coli intensive. Maybe they could make it possible--with a high drop rate--to acquire the materials needed for Swaps and Brewing straight from Gathering, rather than only from the Coli or very rarely from a Strange Chest. Put the Animals in Meat, the Fish in Seafood, etc, with the objects available in Digging and Scavenging...and with a lower drop rate, maybe, in any of the other Gathering areas? That might address some of the problems with the overly excessive need to grind in the Coli.

They could also, maybe, make it possible to brew the materials in Baldwin...say 20 at time, just like the Currency...or make Chests available in Baldwin 20 at a time, instead of just 1, 2, or 5. That would definitely help with the time constraints.

As for the Event itself...I don't really think of it as a means to celebrate the Nocturne dragons, not anymore. To me, its celebrating the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year. Traditionally, in some cultures, this has always been a time for Festivals and Celebrations, as people give thanks for the return of the light to the world, even as they face the darkest night. The fact that the Nocturne dragons were first introduced on that night was cute the first year, but now I just see that as part of the Festival, not the reason for it: A rare breed reappears at that time, just as from time to time Wildclaw scrolls reappear in the Marketplace. Lore-wise Nocturnes like the dark, so it makes sense to me that they would be most prevalent around the darkest time of the year.
@Lilian

I forgot about the 20 Currency from Baldwin. I'm usually brewing the Festival Skins, and then the Joxar Token, so I don't generally have time for anything else, but you're right that that 20 Currency addition is nice to have. I'll have to see if I can rearrange my brewing schedule a bit. Thanks for the tip. :)

I agree that there is far too much stuff piling up in Night of Nocturne. I would like to have a way for new players to acquire old stuff without needing to go to the Auction House...but at the same time, putting it in Chests is definitely not conducive to lowering the frustration of those trying to acquire the new stuff. Maybe you're right, and its time to retire some of the older stuff from that holiday. Either that, or pull it from the Strange Chests and put it somewhere else on the site.

Or...maybe have two kinds of Chests? Strange Chests, looking the same as always, with only the new stuff, and another set, colored differently, (described in lore maybe as "looking old and worn" or something along those lines) which contain the old stuff, and which is acquired a different way--through the Marketplace, maybe, or through Swipp or Baldwin. (Otherwise, the new Chest would make things worse, not better.) That way, anyone who doesn't want to go after the old stuff won't be frustrated quite as much.

And it would definitely help if the Event was less Coli intensive. Maybe they could make it possible--with a high drop rate--to acquire the materials needed for Swaps and Brewing straight from Gathering, rather than only from the Coli or very rarely from a Strange Chest. Put the Animals in Meat, the Fish in Seafood, etc, with the objects available in Digging and Scavenging...and with a lower drop rate, maybe, in any of the other Gathering areas? That might address some of the problems with the overly excessive need to grind in the Coli.

They could also, maybe, make it possible to brew the materials in Baldwin...say 20 at time, just like the Currency...or make Chests available in Baldwin 20 at a time, instead of just 1, 2, or 5. That would definitely help with the time constraints.

As for the Event itself...I don't really think of it as a means to celebrate the Nocturne dragons, not anymore. To me, its celebrating the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year. Traditionally, in some cultures, this has always been a time for Festivals and Celebrations, as people give thanks for the return of the light to the world, even as they face the darkest night. The fact that the Nocturne dragons were first introduced on that night was cute the first year, but now I just see that as part of the Festival, not the reason for it: A rare breed reappears at that time, just as from time to time Wildclaw scrolls reappear in the Marketplace. Lore-wise Nocturnes like the dark, so it makes sense to me that they would be most prevalent around the darkest time of the year.
fw5Pc0h.png
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60