Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2019
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Is it 6 am or pm that the event ends?
Is it 6 am or pm that the event ends?
cauldrontext2.png
Did I miss understand when the event ends? I thought it already ended?
Did I miss understand when the event ends? I thought it already ended?
It ends at 6 am
It ends at 6 am
1423_200px_zac_by_miirshroom-dbyzezj.png
Wishlist
She/Her
Ash Ruby
Art Shop
PixelShop

ffUnBhh.png
1424_200px_zac_by_miirshroom-dbyzhfi.png UMAs
G1's
Items
100kg goal

tlRymde.gif
It ends at 6:00 am server time (clock in upper left corner). Right now it's 5 am for the server, so there's an hour left.
It ends at 6:00 am server time (clock in upper left corner). Right now it's 5 am for the server, so there's an hour left.
qYqvSwV.gif
Only got two eggs at all and very few chests. Maybe next year will be better.
Only got two eggs at all and very few chests. Maybe next year will be better.
God I already hate NotN as an event(though I definitely appreciated the higher drop rate for noc eggs I got this year), but one thing that never ceases to baffle me every single time is the deadline.

In any browser game out there, deadlines are set on the day’s rollover... because it just makes sense. When you say “the event ends on January 5th” you think the deadline is at the END of that day, and the start of the next one. Instead the staff just decided to pick a random number at the early hours of morning for most players, and hope the announced date doesn’t confuse them. I every single NotN I went to bed thinking “ok I still have one day left to buy everything I need from the event and grind harder for as many chests as possible before the deadline”, only to be slapped on the face by the game because they just happened to end it earlier. And no, the warning on the right corner of the home page does little to nothing because it’s extremely easy to run your eyes over it without a double take, thinking “oh yeah good reminder, the event ends tomorrow” and not quite pay attention to the actual time stamp. You know why? Because everyone automatically expects deadlines to be at rollover!!

Seriously, I see absolutely zero reasons for the deadline to be at 6:00. What’s so hard about setting it at rollover like a normal game?? They do this every year and it baffles me, it feels like a final slap to the face to those who already despite this event’s existence due to the broken staff promises, unbalanced content, tedious mechanics and so on.

God I already hate NotN as an event(though I definitely appreciated the higher drop rate for noc eggs I got this year), but one thing that never ceases to baffle me every single time is the deadline.

In any browser game out there, deadlines are set on the day’s rollover... because it just makes sense. When you say “the event ends on January 5th” you think the deadline is at the END of that day, and the start of the next one. Instead the staff just decided to pick a random number at the early hours of morning for most players, and hope the announced date doesn’t confuse them. I every single NotN I went to bed thinking “ok I still have one day left to buy everything I need from the event and grind harder for as many chests as possible before the deadline”, only to be slapped on the face by the game because they just happened to end it earlier. And no, the warning on the right corner of the home page does little to nothing because it’s extremely easy to run your eyes over it without a double take, thinking “oh yeah good reminder, the event ends tomorrow” and not quite pay attention to the actual time stamp. You know why? Because everyone automatically expects deadlines to be at rollover!!

Seriously, I see absolutely zero reasons for the deadline to be at 6:00. What’s so hard about setting it at rollover like a normal game?? They do this every year and it baffles me, it feels like a final slap to the face to those who already despite this event’s existence due to the broken staff promises, unbalanced content, tedious mechanics and so on.

ssjS89N.png
[quote name="Lilian" date="2020-01-05 07:10:16" ] God I already hate NotN as an event(though I definitely appreciated the higher drop rate for noc eggs I got this year), but one thing that never ceases to baffle me every single time is the deadline. In any browser game out there, deadlines are set on the day’s rollover... because it just makes sense. When you say “the event ends on January 5th” you think the deadline is at the END of that day, and the start of the next one. Instead the staff just decided to pick a random number at the early hours of morning for most players, and hope the announced date doesn’t confuse them. I every single NotN I went to bed thinking “ok I still have one day left to buy everything I need from the event and grind harder for as many chests as possible before the deadline”, only to be slapped on the face by the game because they just happened to end it earlier. And no, the warning on the right corner of the home page does little to nothing because it’s extremely easy to run your eyes over it without a double take, thinking “oh yeah good reminder, the event ends tomorrow” and not quite pay attention to the actual time stamp. You know why? Because everyone automatically expects deadlines to be at rollover!! Seriously, I see absolutely zero reasons for the deadline to be at 6:00. What’s so hard about setting it at rollover like a normal game?? They do this every year and it baffles me, it feels like a final slap to the face to those who already despite this event’s existence due to the broken staff promises, unbalanced content, tedious mechanics and so on. [/quote] If they do it like this every year, shouldn't you know when it starts and ends by now? Seems like more of a time management issue than a staff issue. I'm extremely appreciative of the message that staff put up yesterday to remind us that the event ended today at 6, it's just one of those little things they don't have to do but really helps remind those of us who tend to forget. And please try not to be so rude, the staff works hard and I don't think they appreciate it when people hoot and holler about how they hate this game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.
Lilian wrote on 2020-01-05 07:10:16:

If they do it like this every year, shouldn't you know when it starts and ends by now? Seems like more of a time management issue than a staff issue. I'm extremely appreciative of the message that staff put up yesterday to remind us that the event ended today at 6, it's just one of those little things they don't have to do but really helps remind those of us who tend to forget. And please try not to be so rude, the staff works hard and I don't think they appreciate it when people hoot and holler about how they hate this game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
Sad to see NotN over, but already prepping for the next one. [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1] (Though I do hope Swipp has a more dedicated trade set up, next time. And I also agree with maybe having the Festive Favors open for old NotN chest items, so the item pool doesn't just keep continually growing.) Apart from that, though, I had fun, bought some cool gear, and made a bit of profit, which I now get to spend on all the new clan members I've gained over the past two weeks. X') Looking forward to the next NotN! [emoji=nocturne happy size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Sad to see NotN over, but already prepping for the next one. (Though I do hope Swipp has a more dedicated trade set up, next time. And I also agree with maybe having the Festive Favors open for old NotN chest items, so the item pool doesn't just keep continually growing.)

Apart from that, though, I had fun, bought some cool gear, and made a bit of profit, which I now get to spend on all the new clan members I've gained over the past two weeks. X')

Looking forward to the next NotN!
[quote name="lugia492" date="2020-01-05 07:35:18" ] [quote name="Lilian" date="2020-01-05 07:10:16" ] God I already hate NotN as an event(though I definitely appreciated the higher drop rate for noc eggs I got this year), but one thing that never ceases to baffle me every single time is the deadline. In any browser game out there, deadlines are set on the day’s rollover... because it just makes sense. When you say “the event ends on January 5th” you think the deadline is at the END of that day, and the start of the next one. Instead the staff just decided to pick a random number at the early hours of morning for most players, and hope the announced date doesn’t confuse them. I every single NotN I went to bed thinking “ok I still have one day left to buy everything I need from the event and grind harder for as many chests as possible before the deadline”, only to be slapped on the face by the game because they just happened to end it earlier. And no, the warning on the right corner of the home page does little to nothing because it’s extremely easy to run your eyes over it without a double take, thinking “oh yeah good reminder, the event ends tomorrow” and not quite pay attention to the actual time stamp. You know why? Because everyone automatically expects deadlines to be at rollover!! Seriously, I see absolutely zero reasons for the deadline to be at 6:00. What’s so hard about setting it at rollover like a normal game?? They do this every year and it baffles me, it feels like a final slap to the face to those who already despite this event’s existence due to the broken staff promises, unbalanced content, tedious mechanics and so on. [/quote] If they do it like this every year, shouldn't you know when it starts and ends by now? Seems like more of a time management issue than a staff issue. I'm extremely appreciative of the message that staff put up yesterday to remind us that the event ended today at 6, it's just one of those little things they don't have to do but really helps remind those of us who tend to forget. And please try not to be so rude, the staff works hard and I don't think they appreciate it when people hoot and holler about how they hate this game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play. [/quote] yupp, you just need to get better with time. IT IS shown very clearly when notn starts and ends, so you can't blame staff. time is bit weird yeah, but it's been like this for year, two now? I suggest you set timer and/or try looking closer at status bar
lugia492 wrote on 2020-01-05 07:35:18:
Lilian wrote on 2020-01-05 07:10:16:

If they do it like this every year, shouldn't you know when it starts and ends by now? Seems like more of a time management issue than a staff issue. I'm extremely appreciative of the message that staff put up yesterday to remind us that the event ended today at 6, it's just one of those little things they don't have to do but really helps remind those of us who tend to forget. And please try not to be so rude, the staff works hard and I don't think they appreciate it when people hoot and holler about how they hate this game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

yupp, you just need to get better with time. IT IS shown very clearly when notn starts and ends, so you can't blame staff. time is bit weird yeah, but it's been like this for year, two now? I suggest you set timer and/or try looking closer at status bar
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
anyway uhh I had good time?
yeah gathering was horrible, but coli was good. one venue bad? no biggie I switched until I found good one. and egg drop rate was pretty nice.
I personaly didn't saw problem with too many old stuff - it was ok, and I def wanted to get cobwebs and more haumted jewerly. and if nothing, Baldwin soup is to be glorious! I def support that Joxar gets involved with older notn stuff. maybe one year old stuff could stay - like next notn has this notn stuff and new one, it would be interasting, at least in my opinion. but yeah this curently is bit too much - not for me personaly, im ok - but I def see why others didn't liked it
anyway uhh I had good time?
yeah gathering was horrible, but coli was good. one venue bad? no biggie I switched until I found good one. and egg drop rate was pretty nice.
I personaly didn't saw problem with too many old stuff - it was ok, and I def wanted to get cobwebs and more haumted jewerly. and if nothing, Baldwin soup is to be glorious! I def support that Joxar gets involved with older notn stuff. maybe one year old stuff could stay - like next notn has this notn stuff and new one, it would be interasting, at least in my opinion. but yeah this curently is bit too much - not for me personaly, im ok - but I def see why others didn't liked it
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60