Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41
That anticipate change has been SORELY needed to make tank-type dragons an option at all. That's super, super great to see.
That anticipate change has been SORELY needed to make tank-type dragons an option at all. That's super, super great to see.
Oh man, PvP in Flight Rising, that could be interesting. I have a fair bit of experience with PvP so I'm curious to see how the staff handles it as a whole. Though releasing new abilities and such might be a good idea, to add more diversity to coli since Eliminate right now is what players focus on.
Oh man, PvP in Flight Rising, that could be interesting. I have a fair bit of experience with PvP so I'm curious to see how the staff handles it as a whole. Though releasing new abilities and such might be a good idea, to add more diversity to coli since Eliminate right now is what players focus on.
Will there be any prizes in the PVP?
Will there be any prizes in the PVP?
I am really excited to see the possibility of friend battles...and the possibility of having our dragons visually replaced by their attached familiars sounds amazing, it really does. Dev team, I love you. I love you so much and all the hard work you pour into this site for our entertainment. Thank you. [emoji=ridgeback love size=1]
I am really excited to see the possibility of friend battles...and the possibility of having our dragons visually replaced by their attached familiars sounds amazing, it really does.

Dev team, I love you. I love you so much and all the hard work you pour into this site for our entertainment. Thank you.
466w8yC.png
[quote name="Dohmalore" date="2019-08-22 01:39:50" ] boi it'll be so nice to have more than 1 single viable stone configuration ;_; I never thought it'd happen lmao & i'm extra happy you won't need to nerf eliminate to do it,,, the one thing i'm iffy about is the clanbound apparel. I love apparel but i don't see myself doing ranked battles ever so it's upsetting that i won't even be able to buy them if they're account locked :(( (unless I am reading this wrong and the apparel won't be exclusive to ranked battles? like are you just letting us use points to buy account locked versions of the apparel that's already coli-exclusive?) [/quote] @Dohmalore, maybe some of our replies earlier in this thread may help address your concerns? [quote name="Aequorin" date="2019-08-21 09:40:19" ] [quote] Will PVP require a captcha? I can't use the coliseum for normal battling due to the captcha system, will I be locked out of PVP as well? [/quote] The captchas are in place to prevent bots farming items. As there's nothing to be gained through PvP that has value like the items acquired through PvE, it's extremely unlikely that PvP will need captchas. [/quote] [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2740081/5#post_40319625]Link[/url][/b] and [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-08-21 10:30:09" ] There seems to be some concern about the idea of clanbound apparel being locked out from players who don't consistently top the leaderboards. If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it [i]faster[/i], but not exclusively.[/I][/quote] [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2740081/11#post_40320317]Link[/url][/b] and last but not least: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-08-22 11:08:11" ] Thanks for all the posts and thoughts, everyone. I should double/triple reiterate that [i]nothing[/i] about this feature has been 100% nailed down and it is still in active development. [emoji=gold star size=1] [/quote] [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2740081/32#post_40334323]Link[/url][/b] Basically, we're keeping [i]a lot[/i] of factors in mind with PvP development. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to post your suggestions in the [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]Suggestions Forum![/url][/b]
Dohmalore wrote on 2019-08-22 01:39:50:
boi it'll be so nice to have more than 1 single viable stone configuration ;_;

I never thought it'd happen lmao & i'm extra happy you won't need to nerf eliminate to do it,,,

the one thing i'm iffy about is the clanbound apparel. I love apparel but i don't see myself doing ranked battles ever so it's upsetting that i won't even be able to buy them if they're account locked :((

(unless I am reading this wrong and the apparel won't be exclusive to ranked battles? like are you just letting us use points to buy account locked versions of the apparel that's already coli-exclusive?)

@Dohmalore, maybe some of our replies earlier in this thread may help address your concerns?

Aequorin wrote on 2019-08-21 09:40:19:
Quote:
Will PVP require a captcha?

I can't use the coliseum for normal battling due to the captcha system, will I be locked out of PVP as well?

The captchas are in place to prevent bots farming items. As there's nothing to be gained through PvP that has value like the items acquired through PvE, it's extremely unlikely that PvP will need captchas.
Link

and
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-08-21 10:30:09:
There seems to be some concern about the idea of clanbound apparel being locked out from players who don't consistently top the leaderboards.

If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it faster, but not exclusively.[/I]
Link

and last but not least:
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-08-22 11:08:11:
Thanks for all the posts and thoughts, everyone. I should double/triple reiterate that nothing about this feature has been 100% nailed down and it is still in active development.
Link

Basically, we're keeping a lot of factors in mind with PvP development. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to post your suggestions in the Suggestions Forum!
:0!!!! woahhhh when pvp comes out i'm totally making a different team for that :D dude this is gonna be so cool
:0!!!! woahhhh when pvp comes out i'm totally making a different team for that :D dude this is gonna be so cool
Classy Top Hat
Ooooh, battle themed apparel? :> As long as I can give my dragons some cool new weaponry a battleaxe I'll be happy.
Ooooh, battle themed apparel? :> As long as I can give my dragons some cool new weaponry a battleaxe I'll be happy.
bd3487a47a7f7bc95b55d9f803f29ec078fefb24.pngVert-divider-100.png ?GJCJ6=party_oras.png Vert-divider-100.pngtumblr_pkf5hmHC0E1wvvm88o1_100.png
PVP Yay!!

But I do have one concern. I keep getting notified about Flash player not working after I believe Dec 2020 (I could be wrong about the date) will the Coli be affected by this??
PVP Yay!!

But I do have one concern. I keep getting notified about Flash player not working after I believe Dec 2020 (I could be wrong about the date) will the Coli be affected by this??
m59NfS2.png
This sounds great! Some genes/apparel that can only be obtained by winning PvP battles would be cool :)
This sounds great! Some genes/apparel that can only be obtained by winning PvP battles would be cool :)
124.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR time + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Hoarder
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRightside is clickable →

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifODP Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLair Purge
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifUMs for sale
@Wolfdragonlady13

The Coli and Fairgrounds games run on HTML5, not Flash. So, they'll be fine.
@Wolfdragonlady13

The Coli and Fairgrounds games run on HTML5, not Flash. So, they'll be fine.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41