Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40 41
Great, can't wait!
Great, can't wait!
7f798284fc0b66c3f8c0845673443a021738999d.png
I'm a huge fan of the potential rewards for pvp! But, as many others pointed out, they shouldn't be based on rank - maybe on battles won (or even lost, that'd be fun). If they're clanbound, they should be relatively available for anyone who would like to obtain them.

Basically I would LOVE some pvp exclusive stuff, but it should all be based on the player's personal progression, not site-wide rank. I'm not necessarily against a vista exclusive for top-rankers, but not apparel or something that is radically different and exciting.
I'm a huge fan of the potential rewards for pvp! But, as many others pointed out, they shouldn't be based on rank - maybe on battles won (or even lost, that'd be fun). If they're clanbound, they should be relatively available for anyone who would like to obtain them.

Basically I would LOVE some pvp exclusive stuff, but it should all be based on the player's personal progression, not site-wide rank. I'm not necessarily against a vista exclusive for top-rankers, but not apparel or something that is radically different and exciting.
Td4lBWl.png
Exciting!!! I like how it's played out, actually! I can't wait to try it out [emoji=spiral love size=1]
Exciting!!! I like how it's played out, actually!

I can't wait to try it out
bHeX9bv.png
[quote name="Pinkee" date="2019-08-21 10:17:31" ] [quote name="SpaceRobotWifi" date="2019-08-21 09:47:30" ] [center][quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-08-21 09:31:57" ] C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end [/quote] [quote name="skarpetky" date="2019-08-21 09:41:57" ] This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound! [/quote] Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all [i]know[/i] the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset. And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then [i]no one[/i] would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has. [/quote] This exactly is what will happen and as a person who doesn't enjoy PVP at all would try it simply for the perks but no hope of ever getting them because of the 'stack' rate of powerhouses [/quote] There seems to be some concern about the idea of clanbound apparel being locked out from players who don't consistently top the leaderboards. If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it [i]faster[/i], but not exclusively.
Pinkee wrote on 2019-08-21 10:17:31:
Quote:
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-08-21 09:31:57:
C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work

But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end
skarpetky wrote on 2019-08-21 09:41:57:
This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound!

Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all know the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset.

And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then no one would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has.

This exactly is what will happen and as a person who doesn't enjoy PVP at all would try it simply for the perks but no hope of ever getting them because of the 'stack' rate of powerhouses

There seems to be some concern about the idea of clanbound apparel being locked out from players who don't consistently top the leaderboards.

If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it faster, but not exclusively.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
If the leaderboard apparel rewards are going to be clanbound, man I really really hope they're really dumb and ugly so I don't end up wanting them.

It's one thing to have exclusive apparel like the festival stuff because it's relatively easy for everyone to click "gather" an have a chance at getting fest apparel because all you're "competing" against is RNG, same as everyone else. It's much less easy to optimize a dragon team and then specifically compete against other players so one of you ends up getting the clothing, the other gets squat. :T

I'm fine (enough) with the idea of the rewards being clanbound and not effecting the ecconomy because otherwise you're making an even steeper divide between people who can coli and people who can't, but maaaan, that really stinks if you are actively participating and keep losing because your opponents get the breath for eliminate before you do.

There are some good ideas for a dom shop where everyone gets points/rewards for their participation, why not the same concept here? You participate in a ranked battle, you get one Battle Point. You win the battle, you get 4 more Battle Points. Spend 250 battle points to get a clanbound nifty apparel. Even if you lose continuously, you'll still eventually get to the same reward as the people who constantly take the leaderboard get.

Edit: ninja'd! And good, fear slightly assuaged.
If the leaderboard apparel rewards are going to be clanbound, man I really really hope they're really dumb and ugly so I don't end up wanting them.

It's one thing to have exclusive apparel like the festival stuff because it's relatively easy for everyone to click "gather" an have a chance at getting fest apparel because all you're "competing" against is RNG, same as everyone else. It's much less easy to optimize a dragon team and then specifically compete against other players so one of you ends up getting the clothing, the other gets squat. :T

I'm fine (enough) with the idea of the rewards being clanbound and not effecting the ecconomy because otherwise you're making an even steeper divide between people who can coli and people who can't, but maaaan, that really stinks if you are actively participating and keep losing because your opponents get the breath for eliminate before you do.

There are some good ideas for a dom shop where everyone gets points/rewards for their participation, why not the same concept here? You participate in a ranked battle, you get one Battle Point. You win the battle, you get 4 more Battle Points. Spend 250 battle points to get a clanbound nifty apparel. Even if you lose continuously, you'll still eventually get to the same reward as the people who constantly take the leaderboard get.

Edit: ninja'd! And good, fear slightly assuaged.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Interesting update! So with clanbound apparel, would that be something anyone can just buy whenever, or is the option to buy certain pieces unlocked by playing? :Ua

It's an intriguing idea, but I can't say I particularly like it; if you don't want it anymore there is no way to get rid of it besides allowing them to be hoardsold. If you somehow got a lot of it you didn't want, it would be a bit of a bummer
Interesting update! So with clanbound apparel, would that be something anyone can just buy whenever, or is the option to buy certain pieces unlocked by playing? :Ua

It's an intriguing idea, but I can't say I particularly like it; if you don't want it anymore there is no way to get rid of it besides allowing them to be hoardsold. If you somehow got a lot of it you didn't want, it would be a bit of a bummer
UEKFohX.png
Gonna start with my positive thoughts and say that I'm glad you're not nerfing Eliminate or PvE players in general, and I like that you're buffing stones that as of now aren't very useful. Thank you!

Now, onto the negative:

I really, really don't like that you're making the battle-themed apparel Clanbound. Players have never been forced to use certain site features to obtain a specific item, as they could always buy it from another player, but with this update they'd now be forced to PvP; it's especially annoying, considering multiple players have complained about the lack of apparel that isn't fancy or cutesy, and now FR is adding something different outside of certain Festivals, it's locked to a specific feature & cannot be bought or sold.

Instead, I'd suggest a shop that uses currency that is obtained through PvP, but the items from that shop (or even the currency itself) can still be traded with other players. This would help with the site's economy, and alleviate player frustration and the - as sad as it is to say - toxicity endemic to PvP.
Gonna start with my positive thoughts and say that I'm glad you're not nerfing Eliminate or PvE players in general, and I like that you're buffing stones that as of now aren't very useful. Thank you!

Now, onto the negative:

I really, really don't like that you're making the battle-themed apparel Clanbound. Players have never been forced to use certain site features to obtain a specific item, as they could always buy it from another player, but with this update they'd now be forced to PvP; it's especially annoying, considering multiple players have complained about the lack of apparel that isn't fancy or cutesy, and now FR is adding something different outside of certain Festivals, it's locked to a specific feature & cannot be bought or sold.

Instead, I'd suggest a shop that uses currency that is obtained through PvP, but the items from that shop (or even the currency itself) can still be traded with other players. This would help with the site's economy, and alleviate player frustration and the - as sad as it is to say - toxicity endemic to PvP.
Spectating a battle sounds like a lag fest in the making, but it would be cool if y'all pull it off.

Making other lesser used abilities more appealing to use is a great idea, and not touching the existing eliminate heavy builds will surely keep tempers from flaring up!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and I am excited to see what sort of direction this heads in :-D
Spectating a battle sounds like a lag fest in the making, but it would be cool if y'all pull it off.

Making other lesser used abilities more appealing to use is a great idea, and not touching the existing eliminate heavy builds will surely keep tempers from flaring up!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and I am excited to see what sort of direction this heads in :-D
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Wow this is much more in-depth than it originally was.

I remember one issue we faced with PvP in the past was that if an opponent felt they were losing, they could just escape the battle. That was pretty annoying. So it began to feel like a waste of time to keep battling someone if they were afraid to lose. :/ Maybe the Friend Battles will help with this now?
Wow this is much more in-depth than it originally was.

I remember one issue we faced with PvP in the past was that if an opponent felt they were losing, they could just escape the battle. That was pretty annoying. So it began to feel like a waste of time to keep battling someone if they were afraid to lose. :/ Maybe the Friend Battles will help with this now?
25tXhar.png fL0umpy.png
Please do not make the apparel clanbound.

This locks out EVERYONE who is not into PVP or who cannot run the Coli for many reasons. It should be freely traded, so that those who like PVP but not the apparel don't get useless junk cluttering their inventory, and for those who hate PVP or cannot participate can get apparel they might want!
Please do not make the apparel clanbound.

This locks out EVERYONE who is not into PVP or who cannot run the Coli for many reasons. It should be freely traded, so that those who like PVP but not the apparel don't get useless junk cluttering their inventory, and for those who hate PVP or cannot participate can get apparel they might want!
Nq0eoGi.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40 41