Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Thundercrack Carnivale 2019
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
@StarDustSerpent
Actually it isn't a coincidence at all that lightning flight is dominating. It isn't a set in stone mechanic that automatically happens, but it is a community accepted law; a common law if you will. The flight that coincides with the elemental holiday of that particular month is aloud to dominate, so that the members of that flight are allowed to benefit the most from their own holiday.
It's a tradition in the community, that goes all the way back to the beginning. Every other week is a free-for-all, but the week before a flight holiday is off limits to dom battles.
I don't see the trend going away, simply because of the type of community that has built this game.
@StarDustSerpent
Actually it isn't a coincidence at all that lightning flight is dominating. It isn't a set in stone mechanic that automatically happens, but it is a community accepted law; a common law if you will. The flight that coincides with the elemental holiday of that particular month is aloud to dominate, so that the members of that flight are allowed to benefit the most from their own holiday.
It's a tradition in the community, that goes all the way back to the beginning. Every other week is a free-for-all, but the week before a flight holiday is off limits to dom battles.
I don't see the trend going away, simply because of the type of community that has built this game.
3004335.png?mtime=Wjil_QAAVdI.png
U4QDIe6.png?1.png A0qtRly.gif
Happy Thundercrack everyone! \o/
Happy Thundercrack everyone! \o/
may I offer you a
79138757.png
in these trying times
Happy Thundercrack carnival! Good luck to everyone with the coliseum grinding ♥?♥?
Happy Thundercrack carnival! Good luck to everyone with the coliseum grinding ♥?♥?
quitting!!
[quote name="RiavaCornelia" date="2019-07-28 08:48:42" ] @Geb1423 maybe it's not inspired... but no one can take my feeling it's a bit inspired, because the lightning didn't have to be through whole body-legs, tail, wings and without visible background... but yeah, I know it's very common thing that people get inspired by some idea... like someone create very original and beautiful skin with an idea and then hundreds of other artists are inspired by it and make their versions... I'm already okay with it, I just always need a short time to calm down :D [/quote] @RiavaCornelia I looked through the thread to see comments about the festival and to see how the community was feeling about the winning entries. I want to be clear, I didn’t see your first message where I suppose you compared our entries together. So I won’t blame you for that. But I saw the talks you had with some people here, and that’s enough to make me think wa have to clarify some stuff together. I do understand your feelings, and I almost think that I can understand why you seams to be convinced that I stole/get inspired by your accent. That why I wanted to ignore your message and let the things go far away. Because, it’s okay to be a bit angry sometimes. But the message I quote upthere is enough for me. I really do not like the way your are dissecting my work in order to “prove” yourself and your conversation partners that it is similar to YOUR work. So, to be clear once and for all, I DO NOT STEAL ANYTHING FROM YOU, and I DON’T need you to find creativity. I won’t argue on the fact that our work doesn’t have anything in common in the theme except that it’s an entry for Thundercrack Carnival. Some people before me did it, and that didn't seem to be enough to make you understand that your reasoning was distorted because of your feelings. So I will argue on the only thing I have: TIME. Because I posted my entry after yours, doesn’t mean that I didn’t start to work on it before you. To be exact, I worked on this accent for a full month from the 29th june to the day I submitted it. [i](see the screen of my working file, sory it's in French, but I think pretty understandable)[/i]. What is some days before you posted your entries on the forum. Because I work slowly doesn’t mean that I don’t know where I go when I plan to make an accent. The first things I did was a sketch, and this sketch was pretty similar to what my accent is : wire mane, metal paws, lightning everywhere. That’s all. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8ZOp2v2.png[/img] So now, I am sorry if we decided to chose the same gender/specy to work on, Also, I am sorry if we decided to color the same body part of the model, And finally, I am deeply sorry if both of us decided to add lightings on our accents because we are drawing for a Lighting Festival. I wonder what did you expected when entering in a Lighting contest… You said you was/are “angry” and “sad” but I didn’t do anything to you. You are the only one in fault, because you assumed at first sight that I did something wrong to you without even considering that it could only be a coincidence! And because you felt bad is NOT an excuse to be hurting and disrespectful toward other artists or their works. Because all this stuff IS hurting and totally unfair. To finish, I don’t care if I sounds rude or unpleasant with you, but I didn’t like people acting like everything was moving around them. “MY IDEA”, “MY, MY, MY,”... that’s sounds so irrelevant and inappropriate. I don’t like the way you are twisting the reality to feel that you are right and try to convince other people that I acted badly and I was disrespectful and most of all I don't like to be forced to justify myself like if I was a criminal/art thief. I am glad that everyone seems to agree that our submission are not as much similar as you seems to think they are, because that would be even more embarrassing for both of us. If you’re so afraid that someone could get inspired or stole your idea, submit your entry the last day of the submission dead line, so you will be sure that no one could use it for their own entry. All of that being said, I really liked your female gaoler Skin and I think it deserved to win because the colors you used was amazing. Have a good day, and happy festival to everyone!
RiavaCornelia wrote on 2019-07-28 08:48:42:
@Geb1423 maybe it's not inspired... but no one can take my feeling it's a bit inspired, because the lightning didn't have to be through whole body-legs, tail, wings and without visible background... but yeah, I know it's very common thing that people get inspired by some idea... like someone create very original and beautiful skin with an idea and then hundreds of other artists are inspired by it and make their versions... I'm already okay with it, I just always need a short time to calm down :D

@RiavaCornelia

I looked through the thread to see comments about the festival and to see how the community was feeling about the winning entries.

I want to be clear, I didn’t see your first message where I suppose you compared our entries together. So I won’t blame you for that. But I saw the talks you had with some people here, and that’s enough to make me think wa have to clarify some stuff together.

I do understand your feelings, and I almost think that I can understand why you seams to be convinced that I stole/get inspired by your accent. That why I wanted to ignore your message and let the things go far away. Because, it’s okay to be a bit angry sometimes. But the message I quote upthere is enough for me.

I really do not like the way your are dissecting my work in order to “prove” yourself and your conversation partners that it is similar to YOUR work.

So, to be clear once and for all, I DO NOT STEAL ANYTHING FROM YOU, and I DON’T need you to find creativity. I won’t argue on the fact that our work doesn’t have anything in common in the theme except that it’s an entry for Thundercrack Carnival. Some people before me did it, and that didn't seem to be enough to make you understand that your reasoning was distorted because of your feelings.

So I will argue on the only thing I have: TIME.
Because I posted my entry after yours, doesn’t mean that I didn’t start to work on it before you. To be exact, I worked on this accent for a full month from the 29th june to the day I submitted it. (see the screen of my working file, sory it's in French, but I think pretty understandable). What is some days before you posted your entries on the forum. Because I work slowly doesn’t mean that I don’t know where I go when I plan to make an accent. The first things I did was a sketch, and this sketch was pretty similar to what my accent is : wire mane, metal paws, lightning everywhere. That’s all.

8ZOp2v2.png

So now, I am sorry if we decided to chose the same gender/specy to work on,
Also, I am sorry if we decided to color the same body part of the model,
And finally, I am deeply sorry if both of us decided to add lightings on our accents because we are drawing for a Lighting Festival.

I wonder what did you expected when entering in a Lighting contest…

You said you was/are “angry” and “sad” but I didn’t do anything to you. You are the only one in fault, because you assumed at first sight that I did something wrong to you without even considering that it could only be a coincidence!

And because you felt bad is NOT an excuse to be hurting and disrespectful toward other artists or their works. Because all this stuff IS hurting and totally unfair.

To finish, I don’t care if I sounds rude or unpleasant with you, but I didn’t like people acting like everything was moving around them. “MY IDEA”, “MY, MY, MY,”... that’s sounds so irrelevant and inappropriate. I don’t like the way you are twisting the reality to feel that you are right and try to convince other people that I acted badly and I was disrespectful and most of all I don't like to be forced to justify myself like if I was a criminal/art thief.
I am glad that everyone seems to agree that our submission are not as much similar as you seems to think they are, because that would be even more embarrassing for both of us.

If you’re so afraid that someone could get inspired or stole your idea, submit your entry the last day of the submission dead line, so you will be sure that no one could use it for their own entry.

All of that being said, I really liked your female gaoler Skin and I think it deserved to win because the colors you used was amazing.

Have a good day, and happy festival to everyone!
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
Happy Thundercrack! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41165843] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411659/41165843_350.png[/img] [/url]
Happy Thundercrack!

41165843_350.png
HVJh5V2.png
happy Thundercrack people!
happy Thundercrack people!
........... QAA45k4.png Coiled Burnserpent
Shakalaka
FR Time +0
He/Him
Coiled Burnserpent QAA45k4.png
Ya'll better be celebrating with maximum effort!
Happy Thundercrack, and good luck getting those charged sprocks!!
Ya'll better be celebrating with maximum effort!
Happy Thundercrack, and good luck getting those charged sprocks!!
vbbgBW.png
I really like this familiar.
I really like this familiar.
JpR0fLu.png
Glory to Stormdad! :D
Glory to Stormdad! :D
ddeundv-4ab1e753-4043-40a5-a43b-4447ed218152.gif x x x
1NvphvS.png
GpIVvm1.png
Father / Fob
4SzSxLW.png
SRsfBYm.png
x hDNVBOu.png
S3J5uo7.png
FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
x Np4NxIR.png
BzjAkuF.png
em6G0U2.png
xx ara9Ywc.png
@Kaenith So glad you won! I loooved your accent idea, I thought it was so brilliant and executed so perfectly!

Happy Thundercrack, all :D
@Kaenith So glad you won! I loooved your accent idea, I thought it was so brilliant and executed so perfectly!

Happy Thundercrack, all :D
lightbannerbase-3.gif
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33