Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, July 2019
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
Concerning the FanArt Friday feature, is there certain criteria that needs to be met to be featured? I ask because I’ve noticed that since March, the official FR tumblr has only reblogged community fan art two of the Fridays, despite advertising FanArt Friday almost every week.
Concerning the FanArt Friday feature, is there certain criteria that needs to be met to be featured? I ask because I’ve noticed that since March, the official FR tumblr has only reblogged community fan art two of the Fridays, despite advertising FanArt Friday almost every week.
doFoi94.png
I really wish these posts had something of substance in them. Like great, you summarized the past few weeks of some content. Soooo??? What????

I miss words on the winds :c then we'd actually usually LEARN something
I really wish these posts had something of substance in them. Like great, you summarized the past few weeks of some content. Soooo??? What????

2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
can the site host the images or something so that we dont have to go through the external link warning for every single one?
can the site host the images or something so that we dont have to go through the external link warning for every single one?
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Awesome! Thank you, FR staff, you're all the best!
Awesome! Thank you, FR staff, you're all the best!
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
When are we going to get cycled out items back in shops!?
Especially the foxes and night sky silks!
When are we going to get cycled out items back in shops!?
Especially the foxes and night sky silks!
37bVriD.png....
Lair of a Fox's madness
He/Him | FR+9
Bilingual English / Polish
Wishlist
cvLaV29.png
Thanks for the update you guys! One thing I love about this site is frequent updates and how the team takes wonderful care of this site. <3
Thanks for the update you guys! One thing I love about this site is frequent updates and how the team takes wonderful care of this site. <3
73400185_QGhKtUE3x8ejuLQ.png L8McelQ.png
> He/Him; FtM
> Disabled
> Adult user
> +3hr server time

L8McelQ.png
L8McelQ.png
Links;
> Color challenge
> My wishlist!
> CS for FR

L8McelQ.png
Awesome update!
Awesome update!
6715.png1364.png3327.png1779.png7704.png
[color=#006ab8]I still love how you all blow off your dA group. Why not pick a few from that to showcase, too? [emoji=tundra sad size=1] [quote name="Alliance" date="2019-07-19 11:49:34" ] I really wish these posts had something of substance in them. Like great, you summarized the past few weeks of some content. Soooo??? What???? I miss words on the winds :c then we'd actually usually LEARN something [/quote] [color=#006ab8]I agree; there's nothing substantial here, save for the art. Everything else is just rehashing stuff we already know. I guess it's okay as a summary of progress or for new members, but still. I guess I'm expecting something more akin to a Developer Update, which are always interesting. I think Words on the Wind was a combination of the two.
I still love how you all blow off your dA group. Why not pick a few from that to showcase, too?

Alliance wrote on 2019-07-19 11:49:34:

I agree; there's nothing substantial here, save for the art. Everything else is just rehashing stuff we already know. I guess it's okay as a summary of progress or for new members, but still. I guess I'm expecting something more akin to a Developer Update, which are always interesting. I think Words on the Wind was a combination of the two.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
[quote name="Alliance" date="2019-07-19 11:49:34" ] I really wish these posts had something of substance in them. Like great, you summarized the past few weeks of some content. Soooo??? What???? I miss words on the winds :c then we'd actually usually LEARN something [/quote] @Alliance, those would be the Developer Updates (the two most recent are [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2677383]here[/url][/b] and [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2666061]here[/url][/b]). The Developer Updates were introduced in [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2300731#post_2300731]October 2017[/url][/b] and the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2316439]first Developer Update [/url][/b]was posted not long after. The Community Update (today's update) focuses on recaps and spotlights. If some general non-feature development PSAs are needed or a preview is available, we'll cover them here too. We know the Community Update isn't quite as attention grabbing as content or developer updates, but it allows us to shine a spotlight on the community without losing them in the hustle, bustle, and excitement that comes with the other two types of updates.
Alliance wrote on 2019-07-19 11:49:34:

@Alliance, those would be the Developer Updates (the two most recent are here and here). The Developer Updates were introduced in October 2017 and the first Developer Update was posted not long after.

The Community Update (today's update) focuses on recaps and spotlights. If some general non-feature development PSAs are needed or a preview is available, we'll cover them here too. We know the Community Update isn't quite as attention grabbing as content or developer updates, but it allows us to shine a spotlight on the community without losing them in the hustle, bustle, and excitement that comes with the other two types of updates.
[quote name="Natakiro" date="2019-07-19 12:29:40" ] [color=#006ab8]I still love how you all blow off your dA group. Why not pick a few from that to showcase, too? [emoji=tundra sad size=1] [/quote] @Natakiro, that's next. Literally next on my list for today. It's going to be a specific folder within the group. Like with the hashtag, we want to make sure players who participate are aware that when they submit to the folder they're communicating to us that it's okay to spotlight their fan art in the Community Update.
Natakiro wrote on 2019-07-19 12:29:40:
I still love how you all blow off your dA group. Why not pick a few from that to showcase, too?

@Natakiro, that's next. Literally next on my list for today. It's going to be a specific folder within the group. Like with the hashtag, we want to make sure players who participate are aware that when they submit to the folder they're communicating to us that it's okay to spotlight their fan art in the Community Update.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15