Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, July 2019
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I was just thinking about a recent emoji section after using it on my phone... that's super helpful [emoji=nocturne happy size=1]
I was just thinking about a recent emoji section after using it on my phone... that's super helpful
kV9q7M8.gif
very nice thank you
very nice thank you
tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo4_250.png573Ze2b.gif
:ok_hand:

Thank you for all your hard work.
:ok_hand:

Thank you for all your hard work.
July 28... Yuno and Yukki have a happy end... (lol)
July 28... Yuno and Yukki have a happy end... (lol)
add me on arknights
I managed to read elemental holiday recaps as elemental holiday recipes

Now im disappointed we don't have flight themed scone recipes
I managed to read elemental holiday recaps as elemental holiday recipes

Now im disappointed we don't have flight themed scone recipes
I have synesthesia 6kglit91v0.gif
Ok
Ok
[quote name="Zikul" date="2019-07-21 04:07:19" ] [quote name="Arkhelios" date="2019-07-20 17:00:20" ] Nice updates BUT … I cannot use tumblr or twitter (or use links that direct me to those sites) due to very personal mental trauma regarding both websites that I am still recovering from... which means its currently impossible for me to participate in FAF no matter how much i'd like to. Why don't you have a thread dedicated to FAF here ON the website the fanart is for, where the fanbase is? [/quote] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-07-20 17:01:12" ] Is there a place within the forums to do fanart? I'm the opposite of those "On social media, not the forums" people... [/quote] I'm going to have to agree with these two, in that I think there should also be a way to enter art on the forums. This is where Flight Rising is, you shouldn't have to go make accounts on social media (which is also a very addictive medium in general, and some avoid them for their own wellbeing) to participate in a part of [i]this[/i] site's acitivites. [/quote] I think it's to get people that aren't playing to check it out. I mean, if you're here in the forums, you're already playing, but if you're on twitter, etc., other people see the colourful images, learn it's a game, and go "wow, I want to play!". Then they sign up, generate ad revenue, buy gems, and help fund the site. Especially if they stick around. Basically, you're free and consented advertising for them.
Zikul wrote on 2019-07-21 04:07:19:
Arkhelios wrote on 2019-07-20 17:00:20:
Nice updates BUT
… I cannot use tumblr or twitter (or use links that direct me to those sites) due to very personal mental trauma regarding both websites that I am still recovering from... which means its currently impossible for me to participate in FAF no matter how much i'd like to. Why don't you have a thread dedicated to FAF here ON the website the fanart is for, where the fanbase is?
Snowwall wrote on 2019-07-20 17:01:12:
Is there a place within the forums to do fanart? I'm the opposite of those "On social media, not the forums" people...

I'm going to have to agree with these two, in that I think there should also be a way to enter art on the forums. This is where Flight Rising is, you shouldn't have to go make accounts on social media (which is also a very addictive medium in general, and some avoid them for their own wellbeing) to participate in a part of this site's acitivites.

I think it's to get people that aren't playing to check it out. I mean, if you're here in the forums, you're already playing, but if you're on twitter, etc., other people see the colourful images, learn it's a game, and go "wow, I want to play!". Then they sign up, generate ad revenue, buy gems, and help fund the site. Especially if they stick around.

Basically, you're free and consented advertising for them.
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png
Ah, darn. I was hoping at one point I could just post art on the site. R.I.P. Also, how frequently do community updates happen? I enjoy looking at the at and hope to see mine there some day (if I ever get around to doing it, that is.)
Ah, darn. I was hoping at one point I could just post art on the site. R.I.P. Also, how frequently do community updates happen? I enjoy looking at the at and hope to see mine there some day (if I ever get around to doing it, that is.)
IT6Jenx.pngNOzEL0a.png
those are some very nice drawings!
those are some very nice drawings!
UdjspbS.png
[quote name="NeophyteRedglare" date="2019-07-23 19:57:58" ] [quote name="Zikul" date="2019-07-21 04:07:19" ] [quote name="Arkhelios" date="2019-07-20 17:00:20" ] Nice updates BUT … I cannot use tumblr or twitter (or use links that direct me to those sites) due to very personal mental trauma regarding both websites that I am still recovering from... which means its currently impossible for me to participate in FAF no matter how much i'd like to. Why don't you have a thread dedicated to FAF here ON the website the fanart is for, where the fanbase is? [/quote] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-07-20 17:01:12" ] Is there a place within the forums to do fanart? I'm the opposite of those "On social media, not the forums" people... [/quote] I'm going to have to agree with these two, in that I think there should also be a way to enter art on the forums. This is where Flight Rising is, you shouldn't have to go make accounts on social media (which is also a very addictive medium in general, and some avoid them for their own wellbeing) to participate in a part of [i]this[/i] site's acitivites. [/quote] I think it's to get people that aren't playing to check it out. I mean, if you're here in the forums, you're already playing, but if you're on twitter, etc., other people see the colourful images, learn it's a game, and go "wow, I want to play!". Then they sign up, generate ad revenue, buy gems, and help fund the site. Especially if they stick around. Basically, you're free and consented advertising for them. [/quote] totally understand that but it shouldn't stop them from having a dedicated thread on site? it wouldn't affect that revenue really at all considering most people don't use FR as an art site except in threads dedicated to sharing art. For example, before dA's links went wonky, I linked my art from dA to here (the image itself was on dA)... should have a thread on site for those who cant or don't want to use social media sites, and those who can and do use other sites can use those imo
NeophyteRedglare wrote on 2019-07-23 19:57:58:
Zikul wrote on 2019-07-21 04:07:19:
Arkhelios wrote on 2019-07-20 17:00:20:
Nice updates BUT
… I cannot use tumblr or twitter (or use links that direct me to those sites) due to very personal mental trauma regarding both websites that I am still recovering from... which means its currently impossible for me to participate in FAF no matter how much i'd like to. Why don't you have a thread dedicated to FAF here ON the website the fanart is for, where the fanbase is?
Snowwall wrote on 2019-07-20 17:01:12:
Is there a place within the forums to do fanart? I'm the opposite of those "On social media, not the forums" people...

I'm going to have to agree with these two, in that I think there should also be a way to enter art on the forums. This is where Flight Rising is, you shouldn't have to go make accounts on social media (which is also a very addictive medium in general, and some avoid them for their own wellbeing) to participate in a part of this site's acitivites.

I think it's to get people that aren't playing to check it out. I mean, if you're here in the forums, you're already playing, but if you're on twitter, etc., other people see the colourful images, learn it's a game, and go "wow, I want to play!". Then they sign up, generate ad revenue, buy gems, and help fund the site. Especially if they stick around.

Basically, you're free and consented advertising for them.

totally understand that but it shouldn't stop them from having a dedicated thread on site? it wouldn't affect that revenue really at all considering most people don't use FR as an art site except in threads dedicated to sharing art. For example, before dA's links went wonky, I linked my art from dA to here (the image itself was on dA)... should have a thread on site for those who cant or don't want to use social media sites, and those who can and do use other sites can use those imo
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15