Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Galore's Glorious Gifts
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 98 99
someone explain why i dont have the achivement for having all diety dolls XD i have all in my hoard and the knicknack diety figures too! XD
someone explain why i dont have the achivement for having all diety dolls XD i have all in my hoard and the knicknack diety figures too! XD
delete.png
[quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 12:57:59" ] [quote name="SkyeWyven" date="2019-05-20 12:39:49" ] [quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 12:25:12" ] [quote]Going forward, all [b]newly-released[/b] natural eye types will also be accompanied by two (2) matching clanbound eye type vials available at Galore’s Glorious Gifts. Our goal with this change is to ensure that we provide everyone equal & assured opportunities to apply[b] future[/b] natural eye types to a couple of their existing dragons every time one is introduced into the system. [/quote] So basically, only the goat eyes are getting vials? And primal/facet/multigaze is just forever unattainable on old dragons without spending an unholy amount of treasure/gems on an RNG item with very very very poor odds that is permanently retired (unlike the sprites, of course)? We waited 11 months for this 'solution'? I'm not exactly surprised, but I'm sure as heck disappointed. [/quote] I have to agree. You've only addressed half of the problem. I'm happy to know there will be access for everyone to future natural eye-types but those of us that, for example, really want to give our progens Primal eyes basically never can. However many Scattersights are left in the system can not make up for how many eyes people want to change. That's assuming those people can afford them (which many, including myself, can't) and that's not even considering how low the chance is of obtaining the desired eye-type. So my question is: If it's ok to give out vials for Goat why can't you give out Clanbound vials for Primal, Faceted and Multi-Gaze? [/quote] I'd like to know why primal/faceted/multi-gaze are being excluded myself. After all people have been asking for nearly a year. Even if not in vial form people have been offering many creative suggestions or solutions to this and it seems like it's gone ignored. [/quote] Oops, just want to clarify I wasn't talking to you @Nekomata, just using your comment as a springboard and adding to it. I should have worded that better, sorry for the confusion. My question was aimed (however naively) at the devs. :)
Nekomata wrote on 2019-05-20 12:57:59:
SkyeWyven wrote on 2019-05-20 12:39:49:
Nekomata wrote on 2019-05-20 12:25:12:
Quote:
Going forward, all newly-released natural eye types will also be accompanied by two (2) matching clanbound eye type vials available at Galore’s Glorious Gifts.

Our goal with this change is to ensure that we provide everyone equal & assured opportunities to apply future natural eye types to a couple of their existing dragons every time one is introduced into the system.

So basically, only the goat eyes are getting vials? And primal/facet/multigaze is just forever unattainable on old dragons without spending an unholy amount of treasure/gems on an RNG item with very very very poor odds that is permanently retired (unlike the sprites, of course)? We waited 11 months for this 'solution'? I'm not exactly surprised, but I'm sure as heck disappointed.

I have to agree. You've only addressed half of the problem. I'm happy to know there will be access for everyone to future natural eye-types but those of us that, for example, really want to give our progens Primal eyes basically never can. However many Scattersights are left in the system can not make up for how many eyes people want to change. That's assuming those people can afford them (which many, including myself, can't) and that's not even considering how low the chance is of obtaining the desired eye-type.

So my question is: If it's ok to give out vials for Goat why can't you give out Clanbound vials for Primal, Faceted and Multi-Gaze?

I'd like to know why primal/faceted/multi-gaze are being excluded myself. After all people have been asking for nearly a year. Even if not in vial form people have been offering many creative suggestions or solutions to this and it seems like it's gone ignored.

Oops, just want to clarify I wasn't talking to you @Nekomata, just using your comment as a springboard and adding to it. I should have worded that better, sorry for the confusion. My question was aimed (however naively) at the devs. :)
I like the new natural eye system.
I like the new natural eye system.
Everyone realizes that this does not solve the core problem- needless exclusivity- that FR has been dealing with since the Eyepocalypse at all, right? All it does is push the exclusivity to player join dates, instead of dragon hatch dates. We might be able to get Goat on our progens, but what about players who join later? They are, once again, locked out of a site mechanic for a completely arbitrary reason. Just make the vials purchasable/earnable, and solve everyone's problems.

There's a reason festival items quickly stopped retiring, and even retired items (like sprites) became "soft retired" with Roundsey- the playerbase has always cried out for accessibility and inclusivity for all, no matter the join date; everyone should be able to work hard to achieve their goals. For 5 years, that's what the site has worked towards. Why, for the last year, has the site suddenly taken a radically different direction?
Everyone realizes that this does not solve the core problem- needless exclusivity- that FR has been dealing with since the Eyepocalypse at all, right? All it does is push the exclusivity to player join dates, instead of dragon hatch dates. We might be able to get Goat on our progens, but what about players who join later? They are, once again, locked out of a site mechanic for a completely arbitrary reason. Just make the vials purchasable/earnable, and solve everyone's problems.

There's a reason festival items quickly stopped retiring, and even retired items (like sprites) became "soft retired" with Roundsey- the playerbase has always cried out for accessibility and inclusivity for all, no matter the join date; everyone should be able to work hard to achieve their goals. For 5 years, that's what the site has worked towards. Why, for the last year, has the site suddenly taken a radically different direction?
[quote name="beautifulglitter" date="2019-05-23 13:00:22" ] Everyone realizes that this does not solve the core problem- needless exclusivity- that FR has been dealing with since the Eyepocalypse at all, right? All it does is push the exclusivity to player join dates, instead of dragon hatch dates. We might be able to get Goat on our progens, but what about players who join later? They are, once again, locked out of a site mechanic for a completely arbitrary reason. Just make the vials purchasable/earnable, and solve everyone's problems. There's a reason festival items quickly stopped retiring, and even retired items (like sprites) became "soft retired" with Roundsey- the playerbase has always cried out for accessibility and inclusivity for all, no matter the join date; everyone should be able to work hard to achieve their goals. For 5 years, that's what the site has worked towards. Why, for the last year, has the site suddenly taken a radically different direction? [/quote] Not like this is exclusevely to FR. Its LIFE dude. And we simply dont know if they will be making another round or not. So complaining about things, we DONT know ,solves nothing and just fuels the negativity here. Its like whining at Steam for missing out on a Exclusive Sale because you joint after it was there. Or beeing mad at a Bookstore because they dont have a Book they had a Year ago and you didnt moved there when it was. Same premise. It happens. (And with that 2 cents, i wont say anything else about this. =) ) so by that. Dear Flight Rising Team. Thanks for giving us all this Stuff. c: Do what you do, its great!
beautifulglitter wrote on 2019-05-23 13:00:22:

Not like this is exclusevely to FR. Its LIFE dude. And we simply dont know if they will be making another round or not. So complaining about things, we DONT know ,solves nothing and just fuels the negativity here.
Its like whining at Steam for missing out on a Exclusive Sale because you joint after it was there. Or beeing mad at a Bookstore because they dont have a Book they had a Year ago and you didnt moved there when it was. Same premise.
It happens.
(And with that 2 cents, i wont say anything else about this. =) )

so by that. Dear Flight Rising Team. Thanks for giving us all this Stuff. c: Do what you do, its great!
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
I feel dumb for just fully reading the entire update and realizing that when Galore has gifts, the game will tell us at the top, and I don't have to go insane clicking to figure out if he has anything/make sure I don't miss anything...

Also...I swear that dragon has this look like: Click on my link one more time and I may just have you as a snack...

I mean, I know they're dragons, but all the others in the Trading Post look happy and cheerful--excluding Pipp(? Might be Tripp. I get their names confused, lol). Galore looks hungry, lol. (I AM NOT COMPLAINING! I THINK IT'S AWESOME AND JUST KINDA GIVES ME THE GIGGLES!!!)

So thank you, FR team!!! You're amazing just for doing this! ^-^
I feel dumb for just fully reading the entire update and realizing that when Galore has gifts, the game will tell us at the top, and I don't have to go insane clicking to figure out if he has anything/make sure I don't miss anything...

Also...I swear that dragon has this look like: Click on my link one more time and I may just have you as a snack...

I mean, I know they're dragons, but all the others in the Trading Post look happy and cheerful--excluding Pipp(? Might be Tripp. I get their names confused, lol). Galore looks hungry, lol. (I AM NOT COMPLAINING! I THINK IT'S AWESOME AND JUST KINDA GIVES ME THE GIGGLES!!!)

So thank you, FR team!!! You're amazing just for doing this! ^-^
im so happy
im so happy
Yaay goat eyes for me!
Yaay goat eyes for me!
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
[quote name="beautifulglitter" date="2019-05-23 13:00:22" ] Everyone realizes that this does not solve the core problem- needless exclusivity- that FR has been dealing with since the Eyepocalypse at all, right? All it does is push the exclusivity to player join dates, instead of dragon hatch dates. We might be able to get Goat on our progens, but what about players who join later? They are, once again, locked out of a site mechanic for a completely arbitrary reason. Just make the vials purchasable/earnable, and solve everyone's problems. There's a reason festival items quickly stopped retiring, and even retired items (like sprites) became "soft retired" with Roundsey- the playerbase has always cried out for accessibility and inclusivity for all, no matter the join date; everyone should be able to work hard to achieve their goals. For 5 years, that's what the site has worked towards. Why, for the last year, has the site suddenly taken a radically different direction? [/quote] I just wanted to say while your wishes are admirable, I think most of us understand the retired items uses. People who have been loyal to this game for longer do in my opinion deserve to collect items that will become rare or retired. I think every game does this and the reason is because it gives the game a very exciting aspect. It just wouldn't be as much fun collecting and having different items if there wasn't a rarity next to them. I think it is also fair for people who have been playing longer to get some advantages. I mean when you have been working some where longer than others there usually is a seniority factor. Thank you FR for the gifts and keep up the good work in making this game a lot of fun!
beautifulglitter wrote on 2019-05-23 13:00:22:

I just wanted to say while your wishes are admirable, I think most of us understand the retired items uses. People who have been loyal to this game for longer do in my opinion deserve to collect items that will become rare or retired. I think every game does this and the reason is because it gives the game a very exciting aspect. It just wouldn't be as much fun collecting and having different items if there wasn't a rarity next to them. I think it is also fair for people who have been playing longer to get some advantages. I mean when you have been working some where longer than others there usually is a seniority factor.

Thank you FR for the gifts and keep up the good work in making this game a lot of fun!
it is just pixel dragons my friends
it's ok to not be mad for a year
it is just pixel dragons my friends
it's ok to not be mad for a year
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 98 99